12 Nov 2006 15:37:56
Laura M
Where's Johnny?

I miss the old Johnny Weir. This new program of his bored me to tears.
I know it's new, but still...Paul Wylie was right. Where's the
beautiful stretch and amazing footwork? And what's up with having to
tell us he's different? Shouldn't his artistry speak for itself? I
dunno...I'm really disappoined because he's such a beautiful skater. I
just didn't see it with this program.

12 Nov 2006 17:56:17
Shillelagh
Re: Where's Johnny?

"Laura M" <fingerson88@aol.com > wrote in message
> I miss the old Johnny Weir.

Hee........ I can't tell the new from the old. A friend who was at Skate
Canada said he looked really sick - so maybe that's part of the problem.

>This new program of his bored me to tears.
> I know it's new, but still...Paul Wylie was right. Where's the
> beautiful stretch and amazing footwork? And what's up with having to
> tell us he's different? Shouldn't his artistry speak for itself?

Aaaaaaaaah, he's a whiner, just like Sandhu. Misunderstood, poor babies
(snort). He doesn't like to spin (snivel).

> I dunno...I'm really disappoined because he's such a beautiful skater. I
> just didn't see it with this program.

It's the wasted potential that makes me crazy. Quit competitive skating
already and go skate in a show!

Shelagh

12 Nov 2006 17:23:53
Laura M
Re: Where's Johnny?

Shillelagh wrote:
> Hee........ I can't tell the new from the old. A friend who was at Skate
> Canada said he looked really sick - so maybe that's part of the problem.

Sick as in a cold sick? Maybe it's his hair. Man, that hair is
strange. He's trying to be Artur Dimetriev or something. It's not
working.

> Aaaaaaaaah, he's a whiner, just like Sandhu. Misunderstood, poor babies
> (snort). He doesn't like to spin (snivel).

I love spins. Scott Davis was an amazing spinner.

> It's the wasted potential that makes me crazy. Quit competitive skating
> already and go skate in a show!

Ha! You're right. Move over Tara, Johnny's comin'! :^)

12 Nov 2006 23:05:02
Pidge
Re: Where's Johnny?

On 12 Nov 2006 15:37:56 -0800, "Laura M" <fingerson88@aol.com > wrote:

>I miss the old Johnny Weir. This new program of his bored me to tears.
> I know it's new, but still...Paul Wylie was right. Where's the
>beautiful stretch and amazing footwork? And what's up with having to
>tell us he's different? Shouldn't his artistry speak for itself? I
>dunno...I'm really disappoined because he's such a beautiful skater. I
>just didn't see it with this program.

He's still the same ole Johnny. LOL
I didn't mind the free.

-------------
To send email, replace "antispam" with "sympatico"

Tom Pelphrey *sniff*
"My hand's been in that box for hours, it's dying!"

12 Nov 2006 23:07:55
Pidge
Re: Re: Where's Johnny?

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 17:56:17 -0600, "Shillelagh" <meow@cat.howl > wrote:

>"Laura M" <fingerson88@aol.com> wrote in message
>> I miss the old Johnny Weir.
>
>Hee........ I can't tell the new from the old. A friend who was at Skate
>Canada said he looked really sick - so maybe that's part of the problem.

I said that, too. What happened to his love of self-tanner?

>>This new program of his bored me to tears.
>> I know it's new, but still...Paul Wylie was right. Where's the
>> beautiful stretch and amazing footwork? And what's up with having to
>> tell us he's different? Shouldn't his artistry speak for itself?
>
>Aaaaaaaaah, he's a whiner, just like Sandhu. Misunderstood, poor babies
>(snort). He doesn't like to spin (snivel).

Noooo, he is sure not like Sandhu. Ick.
His aura was off, leave him alone.

>> I dunno...I'm really disappoined because he's such a beautiful skater. I
>> just didn't see it with this program.
>
>It's the wasted potential that makes me crazy. Quit competitive skating
>already and go skate in a show!
>
>Shelagh

See, he's the main reason I watch skating. To see what he says, and what he
doesn't do that he was supposed to do, next. I just adore him.

-------------
To send email, replace "antispam" with "sympatico"

Tom Pelphrey *sniff*
"My hand's been in that box for hours, it's dying!"

12 Nov 2006 23:25:01
Shillelagh
Re: Re: Where's Johnny?

"Pidge" <thepidge@antispam.ca > wrote in message

(I said)
> >Aaaaaaaaah, he's a whiner, just like Sandhu. Misunderstood, poor babies
> >(snort). He doesn't like to spin (snivel).

(You said)
> Noooo, he is sure not like Sandhu. Ick.
> His aura was off, leave him alone.

Heh, heh..... fine, I won't get into a debate about either of them. You
have your opinion, I have mine.

> See, he's the main reason I watch skating. To see what he says, and what
he
> doesn't do that he was supposed to do, next. I just adore him.

Your prerogative.....

Shelagh

12 Nov 2006 23:27:26

> Sick as in a cold sick? Maybe it's his hair. Man, that hair is
> strange. He's trying to be Artur Dimetriev or something. It's not
> working.

She thought she'd heard he had mono, or flu....... said he looked "ghastly".

> I love spins. Scott Davis was an amazing spinner.

Best spinner ever - hands down - Lucinda Ruh. Man - she's incredible.

Shelagh

13 Nov 2006 12:44:23
Topcat
Re: Where's Johnny?

He looks depressed to me. In his last journal he describes how
difficult has been for him to take some decissions in his private life
and that he actually asked a friend to travel with him to Japan this
past summer to feel better.

> Hee........ I can't tell the new from the old. A friend who was at Skate
> Canada said he looked really sick - so maybe that's part of the problem.
>
> >This new program of his bored me to tears.
> > I know it's new, but still...Paul Wylie was right. Where's the
> > beautiful stretch and amazing footwork? And what's up with having to
> > tell us he's different? Shouldn't his artistry speak for itself?

His programs are not choreographed by Tarasova this year. Marina
Anisinna made them. I don't know if this was the best decission to
make...I did not like the program I watched at Campbell's cheesefest
either.

> Aaaaaaaaah, he's a whiner, just like Sandhu. Misunderstood, poor babies
> (snort). He doesn't like to spin (snivel).

I guess there is a weird ingredent in both Sandhu's and Weir's heads
but I'm sure Johnny is going to be back. He is still hungry for success
but he really has to believe it and stop kissing every single russian
skating butt who "skates better" than him. He has to change his mindset.