21 Sep 2004 13:29:52
Bbarlou
Skating At The Movies

On the HBO Comedy channel, Tracey Ullman's movie, "Tracey Takes On...Family"
there is a scene with a donut shop owner who pushes her neice to become a
skating champion.

21 Sep 2004 13:51:38
And Now...a Donna Karan Knocko
Re: Skating At The Movies

bbarlou@aol.com (Bbarlou) stopped polishing her claws long enough to
post this message news:<20040921092952.13148.00001243@mb-m28.aol.com >...
> On the HBO Comedy channel, Tracey Ullman's movie, "Tracey Takes On...Family"
> there is a scene with a donut shop owner who pushes her neice to become a
> skating champion.

Did you learn this from your daughter the HBO executive? No, don't
tell me!

This post would have been a lot more interesting if YOU hadn't started
it.

22 Sep 2004 13:43:53
Bbarlou
Re: Skating At The Movies

I received an e-mail from a skating fan who asked:

"Was this actually a movie title or the usual "Tracey takes on -". No listing
for this exists for HBOC in September in either case."

I believe it was on the HBO "Family" channel, and it was the usual "Tracey
Takes On...Family.

22 Sep 2004 09:25:24
Shillelagh
Re: Skating At The Movies

"And Now...a Donna Karan Knockoff from Bbarlou Because She's Such a Cheap
Yenta!!!" <bbarlousmanolos@yahoo.com > wrote in message
> bbarlou@aol.com (Bbarlou) stopped polishing her claws long enough to
> post this message news:<20040921092952.13148.00001243@mb-m28.aol.com>...
> > On the HBO Comedy channel, Tracey Ullman's movie, "Tracey Takes
On...Family"
> > there is a scene with a donut shop owner who pushes her neice to become
> > skating champion.
>
> Did you learn this from your daughter the HBO executive? No, don't
> tell me!
>
> This post would have been a lot more interesting if YOU hadn't started
> it.

Yeah, and she can't spell either. NEICE?? And I thought she was a teacher?
(snort)
Shelagh

22 Sep 2004 19:12:25
Fiona McQuarrie
Re: Skating At The Movies

Bbarlou <bbarlou@aol.com > wrote:
: I received an e-mail from a skating fan who asked:

: "Was this actually a movie title or the usual "Tracey takes on -". No listing
: for this exists for HBOC in September in either case."

Yes, when I have questions about skating on TV Bbarlou is the first person
I think about asking (snicker).

This email probably comes from one of Bbarlou's supposed many secret fans
who also
write her emails all the time telling her how right she is and how mean
the rest of the
NG is to her.

Fiona

22 Sep 2004 21:45:21
Rex
Re: Skating At The Movies

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:25:24 -0500, Shillelagh wrote:

> Yeah, and she can't spell either. NEICE?? And I thought she was a teacher?
> (snort)
> Shelagh

Yeah, but Shelagh, a "designer" troll? I want one! Don't you want
one? Your own designer troll? That means you're special.

*************************

Rex, who wants his own personal designer troll.....hmmmm, Tom Ford or
Tommy Hilfiger or Todd Oldham, are you listening?

22 Sep 2004 19:10:07
And Now...a Donna Karan Knocko
Re: Skating At The Movies

"Shillelagh" <meow@cat.howl > wrote in message

> Yeah, and she can't spell either. NEICE?? And I thought she was a teacher?
> (snort)
> Shelagh

Of course she can't. She's not even a teecher (har!)....probably
works in a convenience store somewhere. She's a beast, and a total
loser.

"Would you like more of our International flavored coffee creamers,
sir? Last week Sally Struthers came in and devoured six of our
bearclaws, would you like one?"

Bbarlou is the Yugo of figure skating fans. cheap and tacky.

23 Sep 2004 12:54:26
Shillelagh
Re: Skating At The Movies

"Rex" <Oberon1911@comcast.net > wrote in message
> On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:25:24 -0500, Shillelagh wrote:
>
> > Yeah, and she can't spell either. NEICE?? And I thought she was a
teacher?
> > (snort)
> > Shelagh
>
> Yeah, but Shelagh, a "designer" troll? I want one! Don't you want
> one? Your own designer troll? That means you're special.

Ack, no..... I get enough shit here when people don't like my "blunt" style
of posting.

> Rex, who wants his own personal designer troll.....hmmmm, Tom Ford or
> Tommy Hilfiger or Todd Oldham, are you listening?

Rex, I'd offer to be your designer troll, but there's enough work here with
Brainlesslou, and Cheesychana.; >). Anyhow, the season will be starting
soon, and we might have more real skating to talk about.
Shelagh

24 Sep 2004 21:01:48
Rex
Re: Skating At The Movies

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 12:54:26 -0500, Shillelagh wrote:

> Rex, I'd offer to be your designer troll, but there's enough work here with
> Brainlesslou, and Cheesychana.;>). Anyhow, the season will be starting
> soon, and we might have more real skating to talk about.
> Shelagh

I cannot believe what a skate freak I have become, Shelagh. I am chomping
at the bit. Something is wrong with me, maybe?

25 Sep 2004 01:50:41

> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 12:54:26 -0500, Shillelagh wrote:
>
> > Rex, I'd offer to be your designer troll, but there's enough work here
with
> > Brainlesslou, and Cheesychana.;>). Anyhow, the season will be starting
> > soon, and we might have more real skating to talk about.
> > Shelagh
>
> I cannot believe what a skate freak I have become, Shelagh. I am chomping
> at the bit. Something is wrong with me, maybe?

Naaaahh..... it's good to be enthusiastic. (smile)

Shelagh

25 Sep 2004 12:53:48
Rex
Re: Skating At The Movies

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 01:50:41 -0500, Shillelagh wrote:

> "Rex" <Oberon1911@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 12:54:26 -0500, Shillelagh wrote:
>>
>> > Rex, I'd offer to be your designer troll, but there's enough work here
> with
>> > Brainlesslou, and Cheesychana.;>). Anyhow, the season will be starting
>> > soon, and we might have more real skating to talk about.
>> > Shelagh
>>
>> I cannot believe what a skate freak I have become, Shelagh. I am chomping
>> at the bit. Something is wrong with me, maybe?
>
> Naaaahh..... it's good to be enthusiastic. (smile)
>
> Shelagh

Yeah...:-D

I wish they'd hurry up w/the cheesefest....if I have to watch that
streaker at Worlds again, I am gonna pop a blood vessel.

26 Sep 2004 09:38:32
Trudi Marrapodi
Re: Skating At The Movies

In article <pan.2004.09.25.16.53.47.394898@comcast.net >, Rex
<Oberon1911@comcast.net > wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 01:50:41 -0500, Shillelagh wrote:
>

> > "Rex" <Oberon1911@comcast.net> wrote in message

> > with
> >>
> >> I cannot believe what a skate freak I have become, Shelagh. I am chomping
> >> at the bit. Something is wrong with me, maybe?
> >
> > Naaaahh..... it's good to be enthusiastic. (smile)
> >
> > Shelagh
>
> Yeah...:-D
>
> I wish they'd hurry up w/the cheesefest....if I have to watch that
> streaker at Worlds again, I am gonna pop a blood vessel.

Gotta stop watching your tapes, Rex...although, sheesh, I was extremely
annoyed when that loser and the nut at the marathon managed to mess up the
Olympics and it was like nobody cared..."Let's all hail the Greeks, they
did an excellent job of security..." ...uh yeah, if you don't kind having
kooks invading the events. Sheesh.
--
Trudi

"Cleveland still rocks."--Me

26 Sep 2004 13:14:27
Rex
Re: Skating At The Movies

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 09:38:32 +0100, Trudi Marrapodi wrote:

>> I wish they'd hurry up w/the cheesefest....if I have to watch that
>> streaker at Worlds again, I am gonna pop a blood vessel.
>
> Gotta stop watching your tapes, Rex...although, sheesh, I was extremely
> annoyed when that loser and the nut at the marathon managed to mess up the
> Olympics and it was like nobody cared..."Let's all hail the Greeks, they
> did an excellent job of security..." ...uh yeah, if you don't kind having
> kooks invading the events. Sheesh.

Chuckle. True. Like I said before, that tutu should go over real well in
a Greek prison.

11 Oct 2004 19:15:51
S.P.
Re: Skating At The Movies

bbarlou@aol.com (Bbarlou) wrote in message news:<20040921092952.13148.00001243@mb-m28.aol.com >...
> On the HBO Comedy channel, Tracey Ullman's movie, "Tracey Takes On...Family"
> there is a scene with a donut shop owner who pushes her neice to become a
> skating champion.

So, aside from all the snarky comments, has anyone else seen this
scene? And if so, did it show anything particularly accurate or
inaccurate about the skating life?

__Sharon