20 Sep 2004 21:41:46
Rex
Skaters That Have Used Yanni's Music

I know some folks think his music is cheesy, but I am a fan. I remember
seeing that renegade diva Surya Bonaly skate to one of his songs from the
"Live at the Acropolis" CD for some exhibition (Euros exhibition or Worlds
exhibition), but has anyone used his music competitively?

21 Sep 2004 02:50:13
Sandra Loosemore
Re: Skaters That Have Used Yanni's Music

Rex <Oberon1911@comcast.net > writes:

> ... has anyone used his music competitively?

Gee, I wonder if anybody has ever skated to "Malaguena"? :-P

Seriously, Yanni was all over the place in the early-to-mid 1990's.
You couldn't go to a club competition or regionals without hearing it,
over and over again. Among elite skaters, Jill Trenary, Holly Cook,
Michael Chack, Shepherd Clark, Surya Bonaly, Abitbol & Bernadis, etc
etc etc. Kristi Yamaguchi also, if you want to count programs used in
pro competitions.

-Sandra the cynic

21 Sep 2004 12:48:15
Rex

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 02:50:13 +0000, Sandra Loosemore wrote:

> Rex <Oberon1911@comcast.net> writes:
>
>> ... has anyone used his music competitively?
>
> Gee, I wonder if anybody has ever skated to "Malaguena"? :-P
>
> Seriously, Yanni was all over the place in the early-to-mid 1990's.
> You couldn't go to a club competition or regionals without hearing it,
> over and over again. Among elite skaters, Jill Trenary, Holly Cook,
> Michael Chack, Shepherd Clark, Surya Bonaly, Abitbol & Bernadis, etc
> etc etc. Kristi Yamaguchi also, if you want to count programs used in
> pro competitions.
>
> -Sandra the cynic

I think "Deliverance" would be an awesome song to skate to - it's his best
yet. It even has a slow sequence in mid-song - perfect rest period for a
skater.

21 Sep 2004 23:26:46
Trish O'Brien

"Rex" <Oberon1911@comcast.net > wrote in message
> I think "Deliverance" would be an awesome song to skate to - it's his best
> yet. It even has a slow sequence in mid-song - perfect rest period for a
> skater.

"Deliverance On Ice"? - Thanks for the visual Rex. Now squeal like a pig.

Trish

21 Sep 2004 22:56:05
Rex

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 23:26:46 +0000, Trish O'Brien wrote:

> "Rex" <Oberon1911@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I think "Deliverance" would be an awesome song to skate to - it's his best
>> yet. It even has a slow sequence in mid-song - perfect rest period for a
>> skater.
>
> "Deliverance On Ice"? - Thanks for the visual Rex. Now squeal like a pig.
>
> Trish

ha ha ha hah ahahahah -- Trish, girl, you made my night.

Yanni's "Deliverance" is, maybe a bit different from the music you are
thinking about. Maybe?

22 Sep 2004 21:36:01
Trudi Marrapodi
Re: Skaters That Have Used Yanni's Music

In article <pan.2004.09.22.02.56.05.861570@comcast.net >, Rex
<Oberon1911@comcast.net > wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 23:26:46 +0000, Trish O'Brien wrote:
>

> > "Rex" <Oberon1911@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >> I think "Deliverance" would be an awesome song to skate to - it's his best
> >> yet. It even has a slow sequence in mid-song - perfect rest period for a
> >> skater.
> >
> > "Deliverance On Ice"? - Thanks for the visual Rex. Now squeal like a pig.
> >
> > Trish
>

> ha ha ha hah ahahahah -- Trish, girl, you made my night.
>
> Yanni's "Deliverance" is, maybe a bit different from the music you are
> thinking about. Maybe?

I assumed the same, but the thought still made me laugh...
--
Trudi

"Cleveland still rocks."--Me

23 Sep 2004 03:13:08
fred x
Re: Skaters That Have Used Yanni's Music

Yanni? Oh please. Gag. Wait, didn't he marry a porn star, or was it a soap
star?

Sqeeeek...

"Trish O'Brien" <trishsensei@comcastanet.net > wrote in message

> "Rex" <Oberon1911@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > I think "Deliverance" would be an awesome song to skate to - it's his
best
> > yet. It even has a slow sequence in mid-song - perfect rest period for
> > skater.
>
> "Deliverance On Ice"? - Thanks for the visual Rex. Now squeal like a
pig.

> Trish

23 Sep 2004 12:33:59
Rex

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 03:13:08 -0600, fred x wrote:

> Yanni? Oh please. Gag. Wait, didn't he marry a porn star, or was it a soap
> star?
>

> Sqeeeek...

He lived with, but was not married to, TV and film actress Linda Evans,
who was decidedly NOT a porn star.

28 Sep 2004 18:35:17
SkateTwink
Re: Skaters That Have Used Yanni's Music

Rex <Oberon1911@comcast.net > wrote in message news:<pan.2004.09.21.16.48.15.739975@comcast.net>...
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 02:50:13 +0000, Sandra Loosemore wrote:
>
> > Rex <Oberon1911@comcast.net> writes:
> >
> >> ... has anyone used his music competitively?
> >
> > Gee, I wonder if anybody has ever skated to "Malaguena"? :-P
> >
> > Seriously, Yanni was all over the place in the early-to-mid 1990's.
> > You couldn't go to a club competition or regionals without hearing it,
> > over and over again. Among elite skaters, Jill Trenary, Holly Cook,
> > Michael Chack, Shepherd Clark, Surya Bonaly, Abitbol & Bernadis, etc
> > etc etc. Kristi Yamaguchi also, if you want to count programs used in
> > pro competitions.
> >
> > -Sandra the cynic
>
> I think "Deliverance" would be an awesome song to skate to - it's his best
> yet. It even has a slow sequence in mid-song - perfect rest period for a
> skater.

Elena Liashenko used part of the opening of Deliverance in her free
skate from 99 Worlds.

28 Sep 2004 22:17:17
Rex

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 18:35:17 -0700, SkateTwink wrote:

> Rex <Oberon1911@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.09.21.16.48.15.739975@comcast.net>...

>> > Gee, I wonder if anybody has ever skated to "Malaguena"? :-P
>> >
>> > Seriously, Yanni was all over the place in the early-to-mid 1990's.
>> > You couldn't go to a club competition or regionals without hearing it,
>> > over and over again. Among elite skaters, Jill Trenary, Holly Cook,
>> > Michael Chack, Shepherd Clark, Surya Bonaly, Abitbol & Bernadis, etc
>> > etc etc. Kristi Yamaguchi also, if you want to count programs used in
>> > pro competitions.
>> >
>> > -Sandra the cynic
>>
>> I think "Deliverance" would be an awesome song to skate to - it's his best
>> yet. It even has a slow sequence in mid-song - perfect rest period for a
>> skater.
>
> Elena Liashenko used part of the opening of Deliverance in her free
> skate from 99 Worlds.

Really? I thought that CD didn't come out until 2000 or so. Maybe it was
released in Europe first.

29 Sep 2004 08:50:52
SkateTwink

Rex <Oberon1911@comcast.net > wrote in message news:<pan.2004.09.29.02.17.16.200206@comcast.net>...
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 18:35:17 -0700, SkateTwink wrote:
>
> > Rex <Oberon1911@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.09.21.16.48.15.739975@comcast.net>...

> >> I think "Deliverance" would be an awesome song to skate to - it's his best
> >> yet. It even has a slow sequence in mid-song - perfect rest period for a
> >> skater.
> >
> > Elena Liashenko used part of the opening of Deliverance in her free
> > skate from 99 Worlds.
>
> Really? I thought that CD didn't come out until 2000 or so. Maybe it was
> released in Europe first.

Nope, the Tribute album was released in America in 97.