15 Aug 2005 10:56:04
Shillelagh
Shae-Lynn gets married!

From the Canadian Press:

FLETCHER, Ont. - One of the best ice dancers Canada has ever produced showed
she still has some good steps yesterday (Friday Aug 12) when she walked down
the aisle at an intimate wedding ceremony in southwestern Ontario.

Retired skater Shae-Lynn Bourne, 29, married Nikolai Morozov in a small,
private ceremony at her grandparents' home near Chatham, Ont.

"It was really beautiful, it was really intimate," a beaming Bourne said
minutes after tying the knot. "We wanted to just have close friends by us."

The skater said about 14 family members and friends witnessed the nuptials.

Bourne, a Chatham native, said more than 80 people were invited to the
reception at a restaurant on the Thames River.

The couple had been dating for about five years. Morozov became the
coach/choreographer for Bourne and her skating partner Victor Kraatz late in
their career.

He was their coach for their winning 2003 world championship appearance in
Washington D.C.

The couple has coached together in Connecticut, Mass., since she and Kraatz
retired from competitive skating following the world championship.

Bourne's wedding gown outdid any costume the 10-time Canadian ice dance
champion wore in competition. The bride looked stunning in a white satin
and sequin creation by Canadian haute couture designer Justina McCzaffrey.

The two don't have immediate plans to go on a honeymoon.

We're going back to work, Bourne said, "It's an Olympic year."

Charles Skipper, Bourne's grandfather, opened up his home for the ceremony.




15 Aug 2005 13:18:23
fudge
Re: Shae-Lynn gets married!

Thanks for the info, I am pleased that they have married. Didn't realize
they were dating for that long already.

I can still recall Shae-Lynn pretending not to see her old long time beau
Steven Cousins at a practice session, who was also pretended not to see
Shae-Lynn during the Canadian Championships in Saskatoon January 2003.
Steven was nursing an injury and was there to watch his future wife compete.
And that year's long program performance was the absolute best I had ever
seen Shae-Lynn and Victor dance.

Flaming Beaver

"Shillelagh" <meow@cat.howl > wrote in message
news:cW2Me.1923$ps5.46896@news1.mts.net...
> From the Canadian Press:
>
> FLETCHER, Ont. - One of the best ice dancers Canada has ever produced
showed
> she still has some good steps yesterday (Friday Aug 12) when she walked
down
> the aisle at an intimate wedding ceremony in southwestern Ontario.
>
> Retired skater Shae-Lynn Bourne, 29, married Nikolai Morozov in a small,
> private ceremony at her grandparents' home near Chatham, Ont.
>
> "It was really beautiful, it was really intimate," a beaming Bourne said
> minutes after tying the knot. "We wanted to just have close friends by
us."
>
> The skater said about 14 family members and friends witnessed the
nuptials.
>
> Bourne, a Chatham native, said more than 80 people were invited to the
> reception at a restaurant on the Thames River.
>
> The couple had been dating for about five years. Morozov became the
> coach/choreographer for Bourne and her skating partner Victor Kraatz late
in
> their career.
>
> He was their coach for their winning 2003 world championship appearance in
> Washington D.C.
>
> The couple has coached together in Connecticut, Mass., since she and
Kraatz
> retired from competitive skating following the world championship.
>
> Bourne's wedding gown outdid any costume the 10-time Canadian ice dance
> champion wore in competition. The bride looked stunning in a white satin
> and sequin creation by Canadian haute couture designer Justina McCzaffrey.
>
> The two don't have immediate plans to go on a honeymoon.
>
> We're going back to work, Bourne said, "It's an Olympic year."
>
> Charles Skipper, Bourne's grandfather, opened up his home for the
ceremony.
>
>




15 Aug 2005 14:20:03
Re: Shae-Lynn gets married!



Any picture of the happy couple. I can't picture him at all and I'll
bet she looked stunning in her wedding gown.


Doria



15 Aug 2005 19:01:57
Trish O'Brien
Re: Shae-Lynn gets married!


"Shillelagh" <meow@cat.howl > wrote in message
news:cW2Me.1923$ps5.46896@news1.mts.net...
> From the Canadian Press:
>
> The couple has coached together in Connecticut, Mass., since she and
> Kraatz
> retired from competitive skating following the world championship.

Um, Connecticut and Massachusets are 2 separate states. I doubt the
residents of Connecticut would be happy to know that the Canadian Press has
annexed them to Massachusetts.

Best wishes to the happy couple!

Trish




15 Aug 2005 19:38:06
Shillelagh
Re: Shae-Lynn gets married!


"Trish O'Brien" <baroness66@comcastanet.net > wrote in message
news:_66dnav0Sdl3g5zeRVn-jA@comcast.com...
>
> "Shillelagh" <meow@cat.howl> wrote in message
> news:cW2Me.1923$ps5.46896@news1.mts.net...
> > From the Canadian Press:
> >
> > The couple has coached together in Connecticut, Mass., since she and
> > Kraatz retired from competitive skating following the world
championship.
>
> Um, Connecticut and Massachusets are 2 separate states. I doubt the
> residents of Connecticut would be happy to know that the Canadian Press
has
> annexed them to Massachusetts.

Uh huh - and how many in the American press corps know anything about
Canada's provinces? ; >) It's a mistake that is easily made, but if the
writer didn't know, he/she should have found out. Oh well, if that was the
worst ever done....

> Best wishes to the happy couple!

I agree with that!
Shelagh
>
> Trish
>
>




15 Aug 2005 19:41:52
Shillelagh
Re: Shae-Lynn gets married!


"fudge" <fudge@netscape.ca > wrote in message news:4300cde0_1@netscape.ca...
> Thanks for the info, I am pleased that they have married. Didn't realize
> they were dating for that long already.
>
> I can still recall Shae-Lynn pretending not to see her old long time beau
> Steven Cousins at a practice session, who was also pretended not to see
> Shae-Lynn during the Canadian Championships in Saskatoon January 2003.
> Steven was nursing an injury and was there to watch his future wife
compete.
> And that year's long program performance was the absolute best I had ever
> seen Shae-Lynn and Victor dance.

Heh, heh. I was there too, and the gorgeous Steven sat near... at one
point when he walked by I offered sympathy for his knee(?) and he gave me a
hug. That was nice.

And yes, that LP was wonderful. I was so disappointed when they broke up
without even a "farewell" tour is SOI.
Shelagh




15 Aug 2005 20:00:22
Shillelagh
Re: Shae-Lynn gets married!


<Bravesfan451@hotmail.com > wrote in message
news:1124140803.035720.239870@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>
>
> Any picture of the happy couple. I can't picture him at all and I'll
> bet she looked stunning in her wedding gown.
> Doria

There was a pic in the paper, but you have to pay for online access, so I'm
sorry I can't provide a link. However here's a link to a picture of him,
leaning over the boards at a rink, along with an article on him:
http://www.skatetoday.com/articles0405/121904_2.htm

I'm sure she did. Maybe one of the magazines will have pictures later, or
someone will have a link.

Shelagh




18 Aug 2005 06:31:03
Amy or Brian
Re: Shae-Lynn gets married!

Well, to be fair, there is a Hampshire, Mass. (thought not new!), and a
Florida, Mass. That did crack me up, though.



18 Aug 2005 16:46:44
Shillelagh
Re: Shae-Lynn gets married!


"Amy or Brian" <amers@post.harvard.edu > wrote in message
news:1124371863.703379.322880@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Well, to be fair, there is a Hampshire, Mass. (thought not new!), and a
> Florida, Mass. That did crack me up, though.

To be honest when I read it while re-typing the article, I had a little
questionmark in my mind, but mentally shrugged my shoulders and kept typing
(oops = keyboarding ; >)

Shelagh




20 Aug 2005 13:41:33
donna
Re: Shae-Lynn gets married!

Doria, if you go to the SOI website's forums (I think the sub-forum to
check is the one on Canadian skaters), someone has posted several nice
photos from the wedding. Shae-Lynn looks gorgeous in her dress!



21 Aug 2005 21:51:38
Shillelagh
Re: Shae-Lynn gets married!


"donna" <cdjgray22911@yahoo.com > wrote in message
news:1124570493.623306.224210@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Doria, if you go to the SOI website's forums (I think the sub-forum to
> check is the one on Canadian skaters), someone has posted several nice
> photos from the wedding. Shae-Lynn looks gorgeous in her dress!
>

Try as I did, I wasn't able to find them. Do you have a direct link?

Thanks
Shelagh