29 Apr 2004 23:57:40
Goldberry99
Sasha Cohen's "Swan Lake"

I LOVED Sasha Cohen's long program this season. I had it on tape and the tape
broke? Could anybody please copy a tape for me? I would be happy to pay. I
really hope she performs it on TV again before debuting a new one. Please
contact me if you could help!

Kamaryn
goldberry99@aol.com

30 Apr 2004 00:48:59
Ronald Narciso
Re: Sasha Cohen's "Swan Lake"

"Goldberry99" <goldberry99@aol.com > wrote in message
> I LOVED Sasha Cohen's long program this season. I had it on tape and the
tape
> broke? Could anybody please copy a tape for me? I would be happy to pay. I
> really hope she performs it on TV again before debuting a new one. Please
> contact me if you could help!

You may want to catch the broadcast of Marshall's FS Challenge on ABC next
weekend (Sunday, May 9 at 1pm EST)... Sasha competed there and skated her
"Swan Lake" LP from this season.

Ronald
--
Ronald Narciso ==================== rnarciso74@hotmail.comm
(remove the extra "m" in my e-mail address to reply to me)

29 Apr 2004 19:15:24
Ruth Lafler
Re: Sasha Cohen's "Swan Lake"

"Ronald Narciso" <rnarciso74@hotmail.comm > wrote in message
> "Goldberry99" <goldberry99@aol.com> wrote in message
> > I LOVED Sasha Cohen's long program this season. I had it on tape and the
> tape
> > broke? Could anybody please copy a tape for me? I would be happy to pay.
> > really hope she performs it on TV again before debuting a new one.
Please
> > contact me if you could help!
>
> You may want to catch the broadcast of Marshall's FS Challenge on ABC next
> weekend (Sunday, May 9 at 1pm EST)... Sasha competed there and skated her
> "Swan Lake" LP from this season.

But she probably skated the stripped down version from the end of the season
rather than the version she was doing earlier under Tarasova. I thought the
Tarasova version was the best program I've ever seen her do. By the end of
the season it was just another generic SashaProgram.

--Ruth

06 May 2004 17:58:26
Noel
Re: Sasha Cohen's "Swan Lake"

"Ruth Lafler" <rlafler@ucsbalum.net > wrote in message news:<4091be6f$0$19874$2c56edd9@news.cablerocket.com>...
> "Ronald Narciso" <rnarciso74@hotmail.comm> wrote in message
> > "Goldberry99" <goldberry99@aol.com> wrote in message
> > > I LOVED Sasha Cohen's long program this season. I had it on tape and the
> tape
> > > broke? Could anybody please copy a tape for me? I would be happy to pay.
> > > really hope she performs it on TV again before debuting a new one.
> Please
> > > contact me if you could help!
> >
> > You may want to catch the broadcast of Marshall's FS Challenge on ABC next
> > weekend (Sunday, May 9 at 1pm EST)... Sasha competed there and skated her
> > "Swan Lake" LP from this season.
>
> But she probably skated the stripped down version from the end of the season
> rather than the version she was doing earlier under Tarasova. I thought the
> Tarasova version was the best program I've ever seen her do. By the end of
> the season it was just another generic SashaProgram.
>
> --Ruth

But don't you think at times, Ruth, she is too stylized, maybe a
little too precious?

06 May 2004 19:57:50
Ruth Lafler
Re: Sasha Cohen's "Swan Lake"

"Noel" <noelpet74@yahoo.com > wrote in message
> "Ruth Lafler" <rlafler@ucsbalum.net> wrote in message
news:<4091be6f$0$19874$2c56edd9@news.cablerocket.com >...
> > "Ronald Narciso" <rnarciso74@hotmail.comm> wrote in message
> > > "Goldberry99" <goldberry99@aol.com> wrote in message
> > tape
> > Please
> > >
> > > You may want to catch the broadcast of Marshall's FS Challenge on ABC
next
> > > weekend (Sunday, May 9 at 1pm EST)... Sasha competed there and skated
her
> > > "Swan Lake" LP from this season.
> >
> > But she probably skated the stripped down version from the end of the
season
> > rather than the version she was doing earlier under Tarasova. I thought
the
> > Tarasova version was the best program I've ever seen her do. By the end
of
> > the season it was just another generic SashaProgram.
> >
> > --Ruth
>
> But don't you think at times, Ruth, she is too stylized, maybe a
> little too precious?

Well yes, as a matter of fact, I do. I don't think it will surprise anyone
here when I say I don't care much for her skating. But almost against my
will I liked the original Swan Lake program. It seemed to me that it
captured more of the style of the ballet and less the generic SashaStyle(TM)
it degenerated into by the end of the season.

--Ruth

07 May 2004 15:01:00
Noel
Re: Sasha Cohen's "Swan Lake"

"Ruth Lafler" <rlafler@ucsbalum.net > wrote in message news:<409b02f8$0$19878$2c56edd9@news.cablerocket.com>...
> "Noel" <noelpet74@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > "Ruth Lafler" <rlafler@ucsbalum.net> wrote in message
> > > "Ronald Narciso" <rnarciso74@hotmail.comm> wrote in message
> the
> tape
> pay.
> Please

> next
> her
> > >
> > > But she probably skated the stripped down version from the end of the
> season
> > > rather than the version she was doing earlier under Tarasova. I thought
> the
> > > Tarasova version was the best program I've ever seen her do. By the end
> of
> > > the season it was just another generic SashaProgram.
> > >
> > > --Ruth
> >
> > But don't you think at times, Ruth, she is too stylized, maybe a
> > little too precious?
>
> Well yes, as a matter of fact, I do. I don't think it will surprise anyone
> here when I say I don't care much for her skating. But almost against my
> will I liked the original Swan Lake program. It seemed to me that it
> captured more of the style of the ballet and less the generic SashaStyle(TM)
> it degenerated into by the end of the season.
>
> --Ruth

This group seems to be evenly split between Kwan's otherworldly
completeness and Cohen's stylized sensationalism. I do think Sasha
has interesting positions, maybe more interesting than Michelle's at
times. But Michelle is more of a total package at this point, I
think. And interesting does not always mean good, does it?

I have a niece who is currently taking piano lessons and she is very,
very good. She wants to be a concert pianist She has even won
trophies or something for her playing. Last Christmas, she played for
all of us after dinner. Everyone marveled at how amazing she is, and
my yuppie brother and his wife ate it up. But I don't dare tell my
brother that I can't stand her playing. I like hearing the music, but
I don't like watching her play the piano. She is awfully mannered,
showy and fluttery, much like Sasha's skating. What she plays is
great, I don't deny that, but it's everything else that comes with it.
She is only 14, and I think she is the reincarnation of Liberace,
whom I detested.

Noel