10 Jul 2004 09:10:22
Meagan Leigh
Sale & Pelletier - Work Visa Snafu

unable to perform in Sun Valley

http://www.mtexpress.com/2004/04-07-07/04-07-07iceshow.htm

http://www.mtexpress.com/2004/04-07-09/04-07-09skaters.htm

Meagan Leigh

11 Jul 2004 13:09:13
johns
Re: Sale & Pelletier - Work Visa Snafu

Little minds with power. More than likely a phone call
could have provided a temporary visa and work permit,
but some jerk just had to act like a jerk. I've been
through there, and run into a big mouth once in a while.
Idiot was just daring me to say something too. Maybe
somebody could go 'round taking names at the border
crossing, and remind the morons that the Canadians
are our GOOD NEIGHBORS. Stupid bastards!

johns

14 Jul 2004 09:13:39
Freddy Krueger

"Meagan Leigh" <azrexnorth@adelphia.net > wrote in message news:49adnXm2F7WicXLdRVn-tw@adelphia.com...
> unable to perform in Sun Valley
>
> http://www.mtexpress.com/2004/04-07-07/04-07-07iceshow.htm
>
> http://www.mtexpress.com/2004/04-07-09/04-07-09skaters.htm
>
> Meagan Leigh

What they should have done was to LIE about their intentions
while in the USA. They should have left it OFF thier Customs
declaration forms they were going to skate at a show in Sun Valley.
Sale and Pelletier should have simply not told US Customs their
intentions while in the USA. They would have been admitted to the
country with no problems. If their are any other skaters who have
doubts about having the correct visa, just enter on a tourist
visa, on on the Visa Waiver Program, if your country is a
signatory to it, and then leave if OFF your Customs form that
you intend to perform in ice shows. If they ask you what you
intend to do, just LIE to Customs and tell them you are coming
in as a tourist.

And this quote from the one of the articles, sums it up quite
nicely:

"Steadward acknowledged that if Pelletier had answered simply that he
was going to visit friends in the U.S., which was certainly the case,
the problem might not have happened."

So someone has it right. If you are a skater, just simply LIE
about what you are going to do in the USA. Just tell them you are
entering as a tourist and/or are going to visit friends. If he had
done that, there would have been NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER.