02 May 2006 21:56:20
PosterBoy
OH, NO!! Not another!!!

Another sorta skating film (probably with no monkeys, so the Lil Lympic
Champ is not likely to be in this one).

"American Venus filming begins in Vancouver
By JOHN PIGEON, 24 HOURS

Production on a new film starring Rebecca De Mornay (Lords of Dogtown,
Wedding Crashers) is slated to begin filming in Vancouver, BC, on Friday.

American Venus, which also stars Jane McGregor (Flower and Garnet) and Matt
Craven (Jacob's Ladder), is about Jenna Lane, an aspiring Olympic figure
skater trying to escape the pressures of family life."

A bit more at:

http://tinyurl.com/z7l9j

Cheers.

02 May 2006 22:46:15
Shillelagh
Re: OH, NO!! Not another!!!

"PosterBoy" <brauck@bigfoot.STEPON2.com > wrote in message

> Another sorta skating film (probably with no monkeys, so the Lil
Lympic
> Champ is not likely to be in this one).
>
> "American Venus filming begins in Vancouver
> By JOHN PIGEON, 24 HOURS
>
> Production on a new film starring Rebecca De Mornay (Lords of Dogtown,
> Wedding Crashers) is slated to begin filming in Vancouver, BC, on Friday.
>
> American Venus, which also stars Jane McGregor (Flower and Garnet) and
Matt
> Craven (Jacob's Ladder), is about Jenna Lane, an aspiring Olympic figure
> skater trying to escape the pressures of family life."
>
> A bit more at:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/z7l9j
>
> Cheers.

A further quote from the article:

"De Mornay plays Lane's disturbed mother Celia who suffers from an addiction
to handguns and tends to employ emotionally abusive relationships, even with
her own daughter."

Yee gods - I've heard of "skating mothers", but addicted to handguns??????
That should make a movie suitable for the whole family.

Any idea who will do the skating?

Shelagh

03 May 2006 20:22:31
johns
Re: OH, NO!! Not another!!!

I imagine when there's a gun ... everybody skates.

johns

08 May 2006 13:10:04
Re: OH, NO!! Not another!!!

It is "hollywood-speak" for crazy (or evil take your pick)
self-destructive person.
They evey changed John Grisham's novel about
the tobacco industry into a film about the gun industry. They have no
other metaphors, it seems.