08 Jul 2005 06:36:52
Three Turn
Nikodinov out for the season

usfsa.org has announced Nickodinov is taking the season off.
Apparantly her hand is still injured from the car accident and she has
not skated at all since then. It says she has not decided whether to
return to skating after she has surgery. Given that she has not
really skated a full season since 2001, I would be very surprised to
see her return. Angela has been a perenial favorite of mine and I've
really been rooting for to come back strong. She has been criticized
for not having enough emotion in her skating, but I really appreciate
the way her personality/choreography doesn't overpower the actual
skating. I hope things get better for her - soon.

08 Jul 2005 22:12:16
Polar Bear One
Re: Nikodinov out for the season

Three Turn wrote:
> usfsa.org has announced Nickodinov is taking the season off.
> Apparantly her hand is still injured from the car accident and she has
> not skated at all since then. It says she has not decided whether to
> return to skating after she has surgery. Given that she has not
> really skated a full season since 2001, I would be very surprised to
> see her return. Angela has been a perenial favorite of mine and I've
> really been rooting for to come back strong. She has been criticized
> for not having enough emotion in her skating, but I really appreciate
> the way her personality/choreography doesn't overpower the actual
> skating. I hope things get better for her - soon.

If she takes this year off, she might have to wait until 2012. This
is
becuase there is the possibility of the Winter Olympics being
abolished,
and figure skating and hockey events being assimilated into the Summer
Games. Any decision on that will not be made until the 119th IOC
session
in 2007.
There IS the possibility there may be no more Winter Games after
2006,
and figure skating being assimilated into the Summer Games. I dont
see how they could POSSBILY do that, however, in 2012, becuase there is
NO place in London, where theympic figure skating contest could be
held.
If they do this, however, the 6 years between Olympic figure
skating
tournaments could be put to good use. The IOC could kick the ISU out
of the Olympics, and make it an all-professional event.

09 Jul 2005 18:32:27
Fiona McQuarrie

Polar Bear One <chilly8@hotmail.com > wrote:

: Three Turn wrote:
[...]

According to who?

Fiona

09 Jul 2005 19:50:36
bbarlou@earthlink.net

Fiona McQuarrie wrote:
> Polar Bear One <chilly8@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> : Three Turn wrote:
> :> usfsa.org has announced Nickodinov is taking the season off.
> :> Apparantly her hand is still injured from the car accident and she has
> :> not skated at all since then. It says she has not decided whether to
> :> return to skating after she has surgery. Given that she has not
> :> really skated a full season since 2001, I would be very surprised to
> :> see her return. Angela has been a perenial favorite of mine and I've
> :> really been rooting for to come back strong. She has been criticized
> :> for not having enough emotion in her skating, but I really appreciate
> :> the way her personality/choreography doesn't overpower the actual
> :> skating. I hope things get better for her - soon.
>

> : If she takes this year off, she might have to wait until 2012. This
> : is
> : becuase there is the possibility of the Winter Olympics being
> : abolished,
> : and figure skating and hockey events being assimilated into the Summer
> : Games. Any decision on that will not be made until the 119th IOC
> : session
> : in 2007.
>
> According to who?
>
> Fiona
Fiona's grammar has not improved!

10 Jul 2005 03:42:13
Suzanne
Re: Nikodinov out for the season

http://www.olympic.org/uk/games/vancouver/index_uk.asp

11 Jul 2005 02:37:47
ant
Re: Nikodinov out for the season

babalou's skating commentary is about as relvant as ever!