07 Mar 2007 22:42:53
Mao Asada really doesn't thrill me

I tried really hard to appreciate her skating, and I do appreciate the
ease of the jumps. However, I find the overall performances boring and
uninspiring. She appears to bounce around during her stroking like a
bunny. The spins don't excite me. Don't get me wrong, I see her as a
medal contender. I just don't like the skating.

09 Mar 2007 04:37:37
houself12@gmail.com
Re: Mao Asada really doesn't thrill me

On Mar 7, 10:42 pm, fakeem...@fakers.net wrote:
> I tried really hard to appreciate her skating, and I do appreciate the
> ease of the jumps. However, I find the overall performances boring and
> uninspiring. She appears to bounce around during her stroking like a
> bunny. The spins don't excite me. Don't get me wrong, I see her as a
> medal contender. I just don't like the skating.

Give her time. She's still way young and has lots of time to
improve. I'm looking forward to the improvements myself.

09 Mar 2007 12:03:30
Re: Mao Asada really doesn't thrill me

On Mar 7, 10:42 pm, fakeem...@fakers.net wrote:
> I tried really hard to appreciate her skating, and I do appreciate the
> ease of the jumps. However, I find the overall performances boring and
> uninspiring. She appears to bounce around during her stroking like a
> bunny. The spins don't excite me. Don't get me wrong, I see her as a
> medal contender. I just don't like the skating.

I would have to agree with you to some extent. I do find her jumps to
be absolutely amazing though. But her artistry left a little
something to be desired. But this is coming from a guy who thought
Michelle Kwan was a bit overrated. But Mao Asada is very young so I
can only imagine how good she would be with the right choreograher and
some more experience under her belt. She is still very entertaining
to watch however, she doesn't captivate me like Sasha Cohen or Johnny
Weir. But her athleticism cannot be ignored. If she skates her best,
she will be world champion. If not her, then Miki Ando will pick up
the slack. Both of them are armed with Triple Axels and triple-triple
combinations that are technically superior to Kimmie Meissner's. I
really hope Kimmie brings her "A" game with her to Worlds. Asada,
Ando, and Meissner are all medal contenders in that order.

11 Mar 2007 13:12:10
musikgal

On Mar 7, 11:42 pm, fakeem...@fakers.net wrote:
> I tried really hard to appreciate her skating, and I do appreciate the
> ease of the jumps. However, I find the overall performances boring and
> uninspiring. She appears to bounce around during her stroking like a
> bunny. The spins don't excite me. Don't get me wrong, I see her as a
> medal contender. I just don't like the skating.

I too agree. I believe her style of skating is very similar to
Michelle Kwan's too, and I too felt MK was overrated.
That tyle of skating isn't my cup of tea. But she does seem to have
some air under her jumps, unlike MK.
Maybe she'll have something better in terms of music someday,
something that doesn't put you to sleep, which
doesn't help the unintersting skating.