27 Feb 2006 22:56:44
Carolina Dreaming
Looking for DVD

Does anyone know where I can purchase a DVD of past Olympic figure
skating? Something like a "Greatest Moments" or a compilation of past
medalists would be great. I would love to see Sarah Hughe's gold medal
program again.

Emails welcome.

Jenna

28 Feb 2006 05:57:52
Stacey Malden
Re: Looking for DVD

I don't have a DVD, but if you click on this address:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/figureskating/5127831/detail.html

and then click on "Gold Medal Skate" in the text of the first answer, you
can view the performance on line.

Stacey

"Carolina Dreaming" <carolina-dreaming@webtv.net > wrote in message
> Does anyone know where I can purchase a DVD of past Olympic figure
> skating? Something like a "Greatest Moments" or a compilation of past
> medalists would be great. I would love to see Sarah Hughe's gold medal
> program again.
>
> Emails welcome.
>
> Jenna

28 Feb 2006 08:04:24
PosterBoy
Re: Looking for DVD

"Carolina Dreaming" <carolina-dreaming@webtv.net > wrote in message
> Does anyone know where I can purchase a DVD of past Olympic figure
> skating? Something like a "Greatest Moments" or a compilation of past
> medalists would be great. I would love to see Sarah Hughe's gold medal
> program again.
> Emails welcome.
> Jenna

Jenna....

First: this URL will take you to several choices...DVDs, VHSs, etc....of
what you're asking for.
Second: below is a partial list of things in your categories which are
available.
Third: Is there some particular reason why you didn't do a
quick-and-easy Google search...as did I...instead of leaning on the courtesy
and generousity of rssif when it was completely unnecessary?
I punched in ......olympic "figure skating" "dvd"..............and got a
big list, from which I chose the fourth selection: Ten Mayflower. They're
in NYC, but ships US postal, if that's convenient for you.

Cheers.

28 Feb 2006 10:19:09
roj
Re: Looking for DVD

<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/ref=br_ss_hs/104-4629458-2399908?platform=gurupa&url=index%3Ddvd&field-keywords=olympic+figure+skating&Go.x=7&Go.y=7color=#0000FF> >

or if that link gets truncated go to Amazon.com, select DVD search and
then search for "olympic figure skating".

I bought one of these: the 1998 figure skating highlights, I think.
What I didn't like is that it really is just highlights. There is
enough room on a DVD to be more complete. I think they should show the
complete programs of gold, silver, and bronze. Lu Chen won a bronze,
but they only showed part of her program. Arggggh!

On the positive side, the DVD contains multiple camera views, so you
can see the programs from different vantage points. That might be the
cause for there not being so much on the DVD. However the multiple
views are only available for short periods of time. you have to be
alert, and when you see the multiple view icon on the screen, then
switch to the other view. This I suppose would be handy if you really
wanted to see "did she two foot that?" But I don't know a lutz from a
flutz, so I'd rather just have more complete programs.

28 Feb 2006 13:15:57
Shillelagh
Re: Looking for DVD

"PosterBoy" <brauck@bigfoot.STEPON2.com > wrote in message

> "Carolina Dreaming" <carolina-dreaming@webtv.net> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know where I can purchase a DVD of past Olympic figure
> > skating? Something like a "Greatest Moments" or a compilation of past
> > medalists would be great. I would love to see Sarah Hughe's gold medal
> > program again.
> > Emails welcome.
> > Jenna
>
> Jenna....
>
> First: this URL will take you to several choices...DVDs, VHSs,
etc....of
> what you're asking for.
> Second: below is a partial list of things in your categories which are
> available.
> Third: Is there some particular reason why you didn't do a
> quick-and-easy Google search...as did I...instead of leaning on the
courtesy
> and generousity of rssif when it was completely unnecessary?
> I punched in ......olympic "figure skating" "dvd"..............and got
> big list, from which I chose the fourth selection: Ten Mayflower. They're
> in NYC, but ships US postal, if that's convenient for you.
>
> Cheers.

Heh, PB - you forgot the links (giggle) and watch it, if you remind people
to Google, you get your a** reamed by people who don't want to be reminded.
Gee, in fact I think I did that recently (maniacal laughter).

Shelagh

28 Feb 2006 21:45:39
Nancy
Re: Looking for DVD

Check ebay that's where I bought a VCR tape of Tara Lapinski gold skate
plus other skaters from that Olympics. I have the same kind of tape when
Sarah Hughes won. I'm sure they'll have a DVD instead or in addition to
of this Olympics

01 Mar 2006 15:57:19
Abner Yokum
Re: Looking for DVD

The Ten Mayflower DVD has Hughes complete LP from the Olympics. It also
has the SP, but I can't remember if it's the whole thing or just the
highlights.