17 Sep 2004 20:00:51
Kelly
Jessica Dube and Bryce Davison

Hi there
I'm sorry if this has been already discusessed... but I noticed on the score
sheets from the past couple Jr. Grand Prix events that Jessica and Bryce
have been reveiving a deduction (2-3 points each time they skate) - where
most teams do not have any.

Last week when I saw this I figured it was a music/timing issue but if so
wouldn't they have fixed it before this weeks competition? In fact, without
the deductions this week they would have actually won the competition... It
is just so strange and was bugging me - so i thought maybe someone had the
story on this.

Thanks!!
Kelly

18 Sep 2004 00:06:15
Sandra Loosemore
Re: Jessica Dube and Bryce Davison

"Kelly" <chriskellyklea@charter.net > writes:

> I'm sorry if this has been already discusessed... but I noticed on the score
> sheets from the past couple Jr. Grand Prix events that Jessica and Bryce
> have been reveiving a deduction (2-3 points each time they skate) - where
> most teams do not have any.
>
> Last week when I saw this I figured it was a music/timing issue but if so
> wouldn't they have fixed it before this weeks competition? In fact, without
> the deductions this week they would have actually won the competition... It
> is just so strange and was bugging me - so i thought maybe someone had the
> story on this.

Under CoP this season, there is now a 1.0 deduction for each fall.
The detailed protocol for the Long Beach free skate shows that Dube &
Davison got 3.00 in deductions for falls, evidently on both sets of
side-by-side jumps and one of the throws. The China JGP protocol
shows they got 2.00 in deductions for falls; looks like they missed
both throws. So no, it's not a music/timing issue; it's a sloppy skating
issue.

http://www.isufs.org/results/jgpusa2004/jgpusa04_Pairs_FS_scores.pdf
http://www.isufs.org/results/jgpchn2004/jgpchn04_Pairs_FS_scores.pdf

-Sandra the cynic