25 Mar 2007 18:07:08
Shillelagh
Ice Dance

New stars are born. How lovely was it to watch Virtue & Moir skate their
Waltz Tristesse? They gave me huge goosebumps and I hope their
choreographer can come up with a FD as beautiful next year. This dance team
is incredible and I can't wait to watch them climb the ladder.

To come 6th at your first Senior Worlds is an amazing accomplishment.
Bourne & Kraatz finished around 14th at their first Worlds.

Shelagh

25 Mar 2007 21:15:20
Pidge
Re: Ice Dance

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 18:07:08 -0600, "Shillelagh" <meow@cat.howl > wrote:

>New stars are born. How lovely was it to watch Virtue & Moir skate their
>Waltz Tristesse? They gave me huge goosebumps and I hope their
>choreographer can come up with a FD as beautiful next year. This dance team
>is incredible and I can't wait to watch them climb the ladder.
>
>To come 6th at your first Senior Worlds is an amazing accomplishment.
>Bourne & Kraatz finished around 14th at their first Worlds.
>
>Shelagh

I think they're really good. They dance so much older than they are - got a
real maturity about them. I really like Poje, too. If only he was 10 years
older, heh.

-------------
To send email, replace "antispam" with "sympatico"

26 Mar 2007 01:11:21
Penpoint

wrote:

>New stars are born. How lovely was it to watch Virtue & Moir skate their
>Waltz Tristesse? They gave me huge goosebumps and I hope their
>choreographer can come up with a FD as beautiful next year. This dance team
>is incredible and I can't wait to watch them climb the ladder.
>
>To come 6th at your first Senior Worlds is an amazing accomplishment.
>Bourne & Kraatz finished around 14th at their first Worlds.
>
>Shelagh

I was happy to see five North American ice dance couples in the top
ten. It was only a few years ago that the so-called North American
style of ice dance was frowned upon--very rare to see a Canadian or
American couple on the podium. Now I'm not sure there is any regional
style. And since the "new" point system has been in effect, ice
dancing has become much more exciting. I think it is now my favorite
discipline.

--Penpoint

26 Mar 2007 20:43:26

wrote:

>New stars are born. How lovely was it to watch Virtue & Moir skate their
>Waltz Tristesse? They gave me huge goosebumps and I hope their
>choreographer can come up with a FD as beautiful next year. This dance team
>is incredible and I can't wait to watch them climb the ladder.
>
>To come 6th at your first Senior Worlds is an amazing accomplishment.
>Bourne & Kraatz finished around 14th at their first Worlds.
>
>Shelagh

I really enjoyed Virtue and Moir's free dance both at the 4 Cont. and
at Worlds. I am not into waltzes but this one was different, as I
like Valse Trieste. (I loved it when Johnny Weir skated to this music
as it suited him perfectly.) Their free dance had a very strong old
world feel to it and I felt transported back in time which was really
nice!
On another topic - I am a firm supporter of Belbin and Agosto, but I
think the third place finish was a gift. I do think the French were
not placed high enough.