29 Sep 2004 23:19:20
Rex
How Did Van Der Perren Get Skate Canada?

I thought it would go to the skater from China who placed above him in
Worlds at Dortmund? I am happy, but how did this happen? Is this because
of Stephane Lambiel's injury? Is it politics? Not to look a gift horse
in the mouth, but how did this happen?

30 Sep 2004 12:02:56
Skatephile
Re: How Did Van Der Perren Get Skate Canada?

>I thought it would go to the skater from China who placed above him in
>Worlds at Dortmund? I am happy, but how did this happen? Is this because
>of Stephane Lambiel's injury? Is it politics? Not to look a gift horse
>in the mouth, but how did this happen?

See the article "How Are Grand Prix Skaters Selected?" at
http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=25740&type=news
and scroll all the way to the bottom.

Relevant excerpt:
"If a non-seeded skater/couple declines an invitation to one of the assigned
events after the lists are published, the host country will be entitled to
select a replacement of their choice following the guidelines of the ISU
Management Commission."

--Sylvia

30 Sep 2004 17:40:41
Rex

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:02:56 +0000, Skatephile wrote:

>>I thought it would go to the skater from China who placed above him in
>>Worlds at Dortmund? I am happy, but how did this happen? Is this because
>>of Stephane Lambiel's injury? Is it politics? Not to look a gift horse
>>in the mouth, but how did this happen?
>
> See the article "How Are Grand Prix Skaters Selected?" at
> http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=25740&type=news
> and scroll all the way to the bottom.
>
> Relevant excerpt:
> "If a non-seeded skater/couple declines an invitation to one of the assigned
> events after the lists are published, the host country will be entitled to
> select a replacement of their choice following the guidelines of the ISU
> Management Commission."
>
> --Sylvia

Thanks, Sylvia. Learn something new everyday. Let us just hope that he
makes the most out of this opportunity.