31 Dec 2004 20:25:25
Bbarlou
Gershwin On Ice--on TV right now!

Just tuned in to channel 55, WLNY, Long Island, NY. The Info blurb says it is
skating to the music of George and Ira Gershwin. This must be a very old
show--two skaters so far and I don't recognize either of them--although I think
the first Asian girl looks familiar--she may have previously been married to a
Canadian skater. She has extremely heavy legs for a figure skater, but it may
just be poor camera shots. Right now four men are skating to Rhapsody in Blue
and carrying instruments which they are pretend playing. I don't recognize any
of them but it's a fun program to watch.

01 Jan 2005 20:04:23
Trudi Marrapodi
Re: Gershwin On Ice--on TV right now!

In article <20041231152525.06450.00002053@mb-m22.aol.com >, bbarlou@aol.com
(Bbarlou) wrote:

> Just tuned in to channel 55, WLNY, Long Island, NY. The Info blurb says it is
> skating to the music of George and Ira Gershwin. This must be a very old
> show--two skaters so far and I don't recognize either of them--although
I think
> the first Asian girl looks familiar--she may have previously been married to a
> Canadian skater. She has extremely heavy legs for a figure skater, but it may
> just be poor camera shots. Right now four men are skating to Rhapsody in Blue
> and carrying instruments which they are pretend playing. I don't
recognize any
> of them but it's a fun program to watch.

I'm wondering if the "Asian girl" who "has extremely heavy legs for a
figure skater" and "may have been previously married to a Canadian skater"
is none other than Natasha Kuchiki, whom I seem to recall having performed
as a solo skater in a "Gershwin on Ice" years ago.

You may be confusing her with Charlene Wong, who was not previously
married to a Canadian skater, but IS a Canadian skater who was previously
married to an American skater. Still, she's not Natasha Kuchiki.

Then again, I think Tamara Kuchiki may have skated in it too, or instead,
so my memory is not perfect...but the "heavy legs" sounds like Natasha in
her solo career.

Oh, and if this show is the one I think it is, it also features the
skating of the late great Robert Wagenhoffer.
--
Trudi
in the home of the official Crayola "Rock and Roll Raspberry" state

02 Jan 2005 05:57:23
Jeanne Douglas

<trudee-0101052004280001@cci-209150248027.clarityconnect.net >,
trudee@clarityconnect.competent (Trudi Marrapodi) wrote:

> In article <20041231152525.06450.00002053@mb-m22.aol.com>, bbarlou@aol.com
> (Bbarlou) wrote:
>
> > Just tuned in to channel 55, WLNY, Long Island, NY. The Info blurb says it
> > is
> > skating to the music of George and Ira Gershwin. This must be a very old
> > show--two skaters so far and I don't recognize either of them--although
> I think
> > the first Asian girl looks familiar--she may have previously been married
> > to a
> > Canadian skater. She has extremely heavy legs for a figure skater, but it
> > may
> > just be poor camera shots. Right now four men are skating to Rhapsody in
> > Blue
> > and carrying instruments which they are pretend playing. I don't
> recognize any
> > of them but it's a fun program to watch.
>
> I'm wondering if the "Asian girl" who "has extremely heavy legs for a
> figure skater" and "may have been previously married to a Canadian skater"
> is none other than Natasha Kuchiki, whom I seem to recall having performed
> as a solo skater in a "Gershwin on Ice" years ago.
>
> You may be confusing her with Charlene Wong, who was not previously
> married to a Canadian skater, but IS a Canadian skater who was previously
> married to an American skater. Still, she's not Natasha Kuchiki.
>
> Then again, I think Tamara Kuchiki may have skated in it too, or instead,
> so my memory is not perfect...but the "heavy legs" sounds like Natasha in
> her solo career.
>
> Oh, and if this show is the one I think it is, it also features the
> skating of the late great Robert Wagenhoffer.

Gershwin on Ice:

<http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0400458/combinedcolor=#0000FF> >

--
JD

"I see great things in baseball. It's our game, the American game.
It will repair our losses and be a blessing to us."-- Walt Whitman