16 Dec 2004 00:27:26
Barbara Hoffman
Beverly Smith's Article on 'Cracked Ice'

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20041214.wbian14/BNStory/Sports/

"Bloc judging has always been the only real and serious problem in figure
skating, says former top ISU official Sonia Bianchetti in her revealing
autobiography, Cracked Ice.
"But the new judging system adopted last year with great fanfare won't solve
it, writes Bianchetti, who spent almost 40 years in the sport. "The problem
was cheating, not the scoring system,'' she said..."

Barbara
---
"Greetings, large black person. Let us not forget to form
a team up together and go into the country to inflict the pain
of our karate feets on some ass of the giant lizard person."
- English subtitle in kung fu movie

16 Dec 2004 13:54:09
ThisNtOnly
Re: Beverly Smith's Article on 'Cracked Ice'

All the posts about Cracked Ice have finally pulled me out of my lurking state.

I hope that everyone who is so enthralled with Cracked Ice sits down and talks
to a skater who competed internationally when Sonia Bianchetti was at the
height of her power. She knew how to wield it.

16 Dec 2004 14:33:52
Lorrie Kim

"ThisNtOnly" <thisntonly@aol.com > wrote in message
> All the posts about Cracked Ice have finally pulled me out of my lurking
state.

> I hope that everyone who is so enthralled with Cracked Ice sits down and
talks
> to a skater who competed internationally when Sonia Bianchetti was at the
> height of her power. She knew how to wield it.

Do you have something to share? ;-)
For the record, I am indeed enthralled with Sonia Bianchetti. Of all
the adults I've met in figure skating, the agility of her mind just blows
everyone else away IMO. I've been just as impressed by the greatness and
sincerity of her heart. Of course, she's 70 and a fond grandma now, and I'm
not a judge who has to explain to her why I just messed up on a panel.

Lorrie Kim
lorrie@plover.com

Lorrie Kim
lorrie@plover.com