07 May 2006 08:56:10
tracym
Arakawa turns professional

Shizuka Arakawa is turning professional. Interesting.

07 May 2006 17:56:54
Ruthann Biel
Re: Arakawa turns professional

In article <1147017370.873387.164600@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com >, tracym wrote:
> Shizuka Arakawa is turning professional. Interesting.

Here is a article with quotes from her.

http://news.sawf.org/Sports/11775.aspx

--
Ruthann Biel | Mother, Unschooler, Stitcher, Music Lover.
bielr@ecs.csus.edu |-------------------------------------------

07 May 2006 18:07:22
PosterBoy
Shis doin' it for dollars

Shizuka Arakawa to turn professional

TOKYO (AP) - Turin Olympic gold medallist Shizuka Arakawa said Sunday she
will turn professional to perform in ice shows, leaving behind the world of
international competition.

Arakawa skipped the March figure skating world championships in Calgary, and
also recently said she will sit out this year's Grand Prix series.

"By performing in ice shows, I want to repay my debt of gratitude to the
world of figure skating," Arakawa said at a news conference. "I'm glad I can
end my career feeling satisfied. I'm not leaving with any regrets as I
embark on a new road."

Arakawa, 24, said she plans to perform in ice shows in Japan and the United
States.
A bit more at:
http://tinyurl.com/e9qm3

Cheers.

07 May 2006 20:02:42
jjenniferlyon@yahoo.com
Re: Shis doin' it for dollars

I kind of figured Shiz would turn pro now that she has the OGM. I'm
looking forward to seeing her on the pro scene. They need some new
blood. And this will give the World Team an advantage at Ice Wars <g >.