05 May 2008 19:52:50
Greig Blanchett
Yet Another Shock Overseas Desertion (yawn)

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4513024a1823.html

Caleb Ralph heading to Japan

Long-serving New Zealand rugby servant Caleb Ralph has announced he is
leaving New Zealand to play rugby in Japan at the conclusion of this
year=92s Super 14 competition.

He has signed a two-year deal with Japanese club side Sanix.

Ralph said he was honoured to have represented New Zealand at the
highest level.

"I have been fortunate to play the game at all levels for a very long
time, and be part of winning teams along the way," he said.

"It is with great sadness that I leave a country that has been good to
me but at the same time I am excited about the new challenge in
Japan.=94

Ralph said he would be travelling to Japan at "Ralph-speed".

The management at his new club Sanix have expressed their excitment at
seeing the man known to fans as "The Speeding Tortoise" hove into view
sometime in late 2010. Or maybe 2011.

--
greig

06 May 2008 07:09:36
Lodi
Re: Yet Another Shock Overseas Desertion (yawn)

On Mon, 05 May 2008 19:52:50 -0700, Greig Blanchett wrote:

> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4513024a1823.html
>
> Caleb Ralph heading to Japan
>
> Long-serving New Zealand rugby servant Caleb Ralph has announced he is
> leaving New Zealand to play rugby in Japan at the conclusion of this
> year’s Super 14 competition.
>
> He has signed a two-year deal with Japanese club side Sanix.
>
> Ralph said he was honoured to have represented New Zealand at the
> highest level.
>
> "I have been fortunate to play the game at all levels for a very long
> time, and be part of winning teams along the way," he said.
>
> "It is with great sadness that I leave a country that has been good to
> me but at the same time I am excited about the new challenge in Japan.”
>
> Ralph said he would be travelling to Japan at "Ralph-speed".
>
> The management at his new club Sanix have expressed their excitment at
> seeing the man known to fans as "The Speeding Tortoise" hove into view
> sometime in late 2010. Or maybe 2011.

Some good news at last

06 May 2008 03:51:17
lord shineything

On May 6, 5:09 pm, Lodi <l...@ccr.com > wrote:
> On Mon, 05 May 2008 19:52:50 -0700, Greig Blanchett wrote:
> >http://www.stuff.co.nz/4513024a1823.html
>
> > Caleb Ralph heading to Japan
>
> > Long-serving New Zealand rugby servant Caleb Ralph has announced he is
> > leaving New Zealand to play rugby in Japan at the conclusion of this
> > year=92s Super 14 competition.
>
> > He has signed a two-year deal with Japanese club side Sanix.
>
> > Ralph said he was honoured to have represented New Zealand at the
> > highest level.
>
> > "I have been fortunate to play the game at all levels for a very long
> > time, and be part of winning teams along the way," he said.
>
> > "It is with great sadness that I leave a country that has been good to
> > me but at the same time I am excited about the new challenge in Japan.=
=94

> > Ralph said he would be travelling to Japan at "Ralph-speed".
>
> > The management at his new club Sanix have expressed their excitment at
> > seeing the man known to fans as "The Speeding Tortoise" hove into view
> > sometime in late 2010. Or maybe 2011.
>
> Some good news at last

Amen.

06 May 2008 22:42:00
rick boyd

Greig Blanchett wrote:
> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4513024a1823.html
>
> Caleb Ralph heading to Japan

This is when they should be heading overseas. After a long and
illustrious (well, in provincial terms) career, off to win player of the
year in some B division team like Japan or England.

Reading the story about Evans and Carter and the phrase that keeps
popping up is "what's best for me". What happened to the team sport?
What happened to the undying honour and glory of the silver fern?

I'll tell you what's best for you boys, FUCK OFF AND DIG DITCHES FOR THE
LOCAL COUNCIL AND GIVE THE BLACK JERSEY TO A BLOKE WHO WANTS TO DO
WHAT'S BEST FOR NEW ZEALAND RUGBY.

If I was king of the world there'd be a few young fellas jacking up
their ideas in a hurry, let me tell you.

-- rick boyd

06 May 2008 14:59:50
didgerman

rick boyd wrote:
> Greig Blanchett wrote:
>> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4513024a1823.html
>>
>> Caleb Ralph heading to Japan
>
> This is when they should be heading overseas. After a long and
> illustrious (well, in provincial terms) career, off to win player of the
> year in some B division team like Japan or England.
>
> Reading the story about Evans and Carter and the phrase that keeps
> popping up is "what's best for me". What happened to the team sport?
> What happened to the undying honour and glory of the silver fern?
>
> I'll tell you what's best for you boys, FUCK OFF AND DIG DITCHES FOR THE
> LOCAL COUNCIL AND GIVE THE BLACK JERSEY TO A BLOKE WHO WANTS TO DO
> WHAT'S BEST FOR NEW ZEALAND RUGBY.
>
> If I was king of the world there'd be a few young fellas jacking up
> their ideas in a hurry, let me tell you.

/matua alert....

It just proves that you can't dictate to people. Telling sportsmen they
can't play where they want to is never going to be a sustainable option.

> -- rick boyd

06 May 2008 08:27:05
Uncle Dave

On May 6, 3:52=A0am, Greig Blanchett <gre...@nzrfu.com > wrote:
> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4513024a1823.html
>
> Caleb Ralph heading to Japan
>
> Long-serving New Zealand rugby servant Caleb Ralph

I didn't know they had servants, no wonder they always play like
spoilt brats at the RWC...

<boom boom >

UD

06 May 2008 21:36:43
Mike

didgerman wrote:
> rick boyd wrote:
>> Greig Blanchett wrote:
>>> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4513024a1823.html
>>>
>>> Caleb Ralph heading to Japan
>>
>> This is when they should be heading overseas. After a long and
>> illustrious (well, in provincial terms) career, off to win player of
>> the year in some B division team like Japan or England.
>>
>> Reading the story about Evans and Carter and the phrase that keeps
>> popping up is "what's best for me". What happened to the team sport?
>> What happened to the undying honour and glory of the silver fern?
>>
>> I'll tell you what's best for you boys, FUCK OFF AND DIG DITCHES FOR
>> THE LOCAL COUNCIL AND GIVE THE BLACK JERSEY TO A BLOKE WHO WANTS TO DO
>> WHAT'S BEST FOR NEW ZEALAND RUGBY.
>>
>> If I was king of the world there'd be a few young fellas jacking up
>> their ideas in a hurry, let me tell you.
>
> /matua alert....
>
> It just proves that you can't dictate to people. Telling sportsmen they
> can't play where they want to is never going to be a sustainable option.

Come now -you underestimate Rick's omnipotence as King of the World.

I'm not sure that rick is really qualified for the job, a whole sentence
in block caps underlines his mental instability that has only been
hinted at in earlier posts.

I feel I would make a far better King of the World with my own brand of
benevolent dictatorship combined with random acts of capital punishment.

The mafia, triads, yardies and scout leaders - all executed without
trial. I would fill every cellar in Austria with concrete (after
checking for young ladies), ban bald men from breeding, fit every
antipodean sheep with a chastity belt and file their teeth into sharp
points for good measure. That's day one.
On day two I would make it an offence punishable by 4 years in jail for
kiwi's to accuse other's of whining as such hypocrisy cannot be
tolerated in my kingdom/world. It's a big job so a whole day has to be
put aside for it.
I'm pretty much a play it by ear kind of guy so day 3 onwards will take
care of itself.
And matty - the position of queen is already taken by my wife and you
fail some pretty important hygiene and gender conditions for the role of
concubine so don't even think of applying.

Mike

06 May 2008 21:06:20
Matua

"rick boyd" <boyd@comswest.net.au > wrote in message
> Greig Blanchett wrote:
>> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4513024a1823.html
>>
>> Caleb Ralph heading to Japan
>
> This is when they should be heading overseas. After a long and illustrious
> (well, in provincial terms) career, off to win player of the year in some
> B division team like Japan or England.
>
> Reading the story about Evans and Carter and the phrase that keeps popping
> up is "what's best for me". What happened to the team sport? What happened
> to the undying honour and glory of the silver fern?
>
> I'll tell you what's best for you boys, FUCK OFF AND DIG DITCHES FOR THE
> LOCAL COUNCIL AND GIVE THE BLACK JERSEY TO A BLOKE WHO WANTS TO DO WHAT'S
> BEST FOR NEW ZEALAND RUGBY.
>
> If I was king of the world there'd be a few young fellas jacking up their
> ideas in a hurry, let me tell you.
>
> -- rick boyd

Hear hear Rick if they want to go, LET THEM.
I'm fucking sick of these Prima Donna's and so called stars.

They should just fuck off and give the Jersey to someone who wants to play
for their country!!! Fucking pussies.

Matua

06 May 2008 21:09:09
Matua

"Mike" <mikeloveschampagneandrugby@googlemail.com > wrote in message
> didgerman wrote:
>> rick boyd wrote:

>>> This is when they should be heading overseas. After a long and
>>> illustrious (well, in provincial terms) career, off to win player of the
>>> year in some B division team like Japan or England.
>>>
>>> Reading the story about Evans and Carter and the phrase that keeps
>>> popping up is "what's best for me". What happened to the team sport?
>>> What happened to the undying honour and glory of the silver fern?
>>>
>>> I'll tell you what's best for you boys, FUCK OFF AND DIG DITCHES FOR THE
>>> LOCAL COUNCIL AND GIVE THE BLACK JERSEY TO A BLOKE WHO WANTS TO DO
>>> WHAT'S BEST FOR NEW ZEALAND RUGBY.
>>>
>>> If I was king of the world there'd be a few young fellas jacking up
>>> their ideas in a hurry, let me tell you.
>>
>> /matua alert....
>>
>> It just proves that you can't dictate to people. Telling sportsmen they
>> can't play where they want to is never going to be a sustainable option.
>>

> Come now -you underestimate Rick's omnipotence as King of the World.
>
> I'm not sure that rick is really qualified for the job, a whole sentence
> in block caps underlines his mental instability that has only been hinted
> at in earlier posts.
>
> I feel I would make a far better King of the World with my own brand of
> benevolent dictatorship combined with random acts of capital punishment.
>
> The mafia, triads, yardies and scout leaders - all executed without trial.
> I would fill every cellar in Austria with concrete (after checking for
> young ladies), ban bald men from breeding, fit every antipodean sheep with
> a chastity belt and file their teeth into sharp points for good measure.
> That's day one.
> On day two I would make it an offence punishable by 4 years in jail for
> kiwi's to accuse other's of whining as such hypocrisy cannot be tolerated
> in my kingdom/world. It's a big job so a whole day has to be put aside
> for it.
> I'm pretty much a play it by ear kind of guy so day 3 onwards will take
> care of itself.
> And matty - the position of queen is already taken by my wife

I think you mean "taken by your uncle" eh jim bob.

and you
> fail some pretty important hygiene and gender conditions for the role of
> concubine so don't even think of applying.
>
> Mike

06 May 2008 14:49:32
Uncle Dave

On May 6, 10:06=A0pm, "Matua" <Ma...@pomsandkeegansuckcock.com > wrote:
> "rick boyd" <b...@comswest.net.au> wrote in message

> > Greig Blanchett wrote:
> >>http://www.stuff.co.nz/4513024a1823.html
>
> >> Caleb Ralph heading to Japan
>
> > This is when they should be heading overseas. After a long and illustrio=
us
> > (well, in provincial terms) career, off to win player of the year in som=
> > B division team like Japan or England.
>
> > Reading the story about Evans and Carter and the phrase that keeps poppi=
ng
> > up is "what's best for me". What happened to the team sport? What happen=
ed
> > to the undying honour and glory of the silver fern?
>
> > I'll tell you what's best for you boys, FUCK OFF AND DIG DITCHES FOR THE=

> > LOCAL COUNCIL AND GIVE THE BLACK JERSEY TO A BLOKE WHO WANTS TO DO WHAT'=
> > BEST FOR NEW ZEALAND RUGBY.
>
> > If I was king of the world there'd be a few young fellas jacking up thei=
> > ideas in a hurry, let me tell you.
>
> > -- rick boyd
>
> Hear hear Rick if they want to go, LET THEM.
> I'm fucking sick of these Prima Donna's and so called stars.
>
> They should just fuck off and give the Jersey to someone who wants to play=

> for their country!!!

Is there anyone left in the country?

UD

07 May 2008 09:11:20
will_s
Re: Yet Another Shock Overseas Desertion (yawn)

Good on him. He has giving good service to Canterbury and NZ

The problem is players like Nick Evans heading over now.

Maybe England reckon the way to beat the AB's is to buy all their players ?

07 May 2008 13:05:50
Andrew Dunford
Re: Yet Another Shock Overseas Desertion (yawn)

"rick boyd" <boyd@comswest.net.au > wrote in message
> Greig Blanchett wrote:
>> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4513024a1823.html
>>
>> Caleb Ralph heading to Japan
>
> This is when they should be heading overseas. After a long and illustrious
> (well, in provincial terms) career, off to win player of the year in some
> B division team like Japan or England.
>
> Reading the story about Evans and Carter and the phrase that keeps popping
> up is "what's best for me". What happened to the team sport? What happened
> to the undying honour and glory of the silver fern?
>
> I'll tell you what's best for you boys, FUCK OFF AND DIG DITCHES FOR THE
> LOCAL COUNCIL AND GIVE THE BLACK JERSEY TO A BLOKE WHO WANTS TO DO WHAT'S
> BEST FOR NEW ZEALAND RUGBY.

Did you stick around in New Zealand waiting to be picked? Did you fook.

<snip >

Andrew

07 May 2008 01:22:39
Matua

"Uncle Dave" <davidcovey@t-online.de > wrote in message
On May 6, 10:06 pm, "Matua" <Ma...@pomsandkeegansuckcock.com > wrote:
> "rick boyd" <b...@comswest.net.au> wrote in message

> > Greig Blanchett wrote:
> >>http://www.stuff.co.nz/4513024a1823.html
>
> >> Caleb Ralph heading to Japan
>
> > This is when they should be heading overseas. After a long and
> > illustrious
> > (well, in provincial terms) career, off to win player of the year in
> > some
> > B division team like Japan or England.
>
> > Reading the story about Evans and Carter and the phrase that keeps
> > popping
> > up is "what's best for me". What happened to the team sport? What
> > happened
> > to the undying honour and glory of the silver fern?
>
> > I'll tell you what's best for you boys, FUCK OFF AND DIG DITCHES FOR THE
> > LOCAL COUNCIL AND GIVE THE BLACK JERSEY TO A BLOKE WHO WANTS TO DO
> > WHAT'S
> > BEST FOR NEW ZEALAND RUGBY.
>
> > If I was king of the world there'd be a few young fellas jacking up
> > their
> > ideas in a hurry, let me tell you.
>
> > -- rick boyd
>
> Hear hear Rick if they want to go, LET THEM.
> I'm fucking sick of these Prima Donna's and so called stars.
>
> They should just fuck off and give the Jersey to someone who wants to play
> for their country!!!

Is there anyone left in the country?

UD

Oh for sure Covey, you'll find out in June when we kick the shit out of the
Men Wanting Men

Matua

07 May 2008 16:05:16
Kees Echo
Re: Yet Another Shock Overseas Desertion (yawn)

"rick boyd" <boyd@comswest.net.au > wrote in message
> Greig Blanchett wrote:
>> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4513024a1823.html
>>
>> Caleb Ralph heading to Japan
>
> This is when they should be heading overseas. After a long and
> illustrious (well, in provincial terms) career, off to win player of
> the year in some B division team like Japan or England.
>
> Reading the story about Evans and Carter and the phrase that keeps
> popping up is "what's best for me". What happened to the team sport?
> What happened to the undying honour and glory of the silver fern?
>
> I'll tell you what's best for you boys, FUCK OFF AND DIG DITCHES FOR
> THE LOCAL COUNCIL AND GIVE THE BLACK JERSEY TO A BLOKE WHO WANTS TO DO
> WHAT'S BEST FOR NEW ZEALAND RUGBY.
>
> If I was king of the world there'd be a few young fellas jacking up
> their ideas in a hurry, let me tell you.
>
> -- rick boyd

Aint that the truth!

Kees

07 May 2008 12:52:18
rick boyd

Andrew Dunford wrote:

> Did you stick around in New Zealand waiting to be picked? Did you fook.

It was with some regret that I gave away my chances at an All Black
jumper but Stu Wilson and Bernie Fraser had the wing spots sewn up. I
phoned Peter Burke and told him it was time he tried something different
on the wing, other than these show ponies who could run, catch, pass,
kick and tackle -- but he couldn't commit to a place for me (or words to
that effect), so that left me with no alternative but move offshore.

However, I did play on the wing wearing black with a silver fern (for
Sydney New Zealand) and I know that heartfelt thanks were expressed to
me when I was forced to leave for Perth ("thank God he's going" I think
were the exact words) so I think I've done my bit for the sacred black
jumper, thank you very much.

-- rick boyd

07 May 2008 08:41:19
Mike

Matua wrote:
> "Mike" <mikeloveschampagneandrugby@googlemail.com> wrote in message
>> didgerman wrote:

>>> /matua alert....
>>>
>>> It just proves that you can't dictate to people. Telling sportsmen they
>>> can't play where they want to is never going to be a sustainable option.
>>>
>> Come now -you underestimate Rick's omnipotence as King of the World.
>>
>> I'm not sure that rick is really qualified for the job, a whole sentence
>> in block caps underlines his mental instability that has only been hinted
>> at in earlier posts.
>>
>> I feel I would make a far better King of the World with my own brand of
>> benevolent dictatorship combined with random acts of capital punishment.
>>
>> The mafia, triads, yardies and scout leaders - all executed without trial.
>> I would fill every cellar in Austria with concrete (after checking for
>> young ladies), ban bald men from breeding, fit every antipodean sheep with
>> a chastity belt and file their teeth into sharp points for good measure.
>> That's day one.
>> On day two I would make it an offence punishable by 4 years in jail for
>> kiwi's to accuse other's of whining as such hypocrisy cannot be tolerated
>> in my kingdom/world. It's a big job so a whole day has to be put aside
>> for it.
>> I'm pretty much a play it by ear kind of guy so day 3 onwards will take
>> care of itself.
>> And matty - the position of queen is already taken by my wife
>
> I think you mean "taken by your uncle" eh jim bob.

yawn - same old matty and his incest jokes - they just keep getting
funnier and funnier - not!

Mike

07 May 2008 01:57:02
lord shineything

On May 7, 11:11 am, "will_s" <los...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> Good on him. He has giving good service to Canterbury and NZ
>
> The problem is players like Nick Evans heading over now.
>
> Maybe England reckon the way to beat the AB's is to buy all their players ?

Why not? It worked for the 'Swiss'...