28 Jan 2007 12:06:37
didgerman
Ward-Smith out

Shitola.....

Out until the summer tour at the earliest.
This means more Corry and/or Dallyo.

28 Jan 2007 12:14:03
oob
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 12:06:37 +0000, didgerman wrote:

> Shitola.....
>
> Out until the summer tour at the earliest.
> This means more Corry and/or Dallyo.

Not to worry, the foresight of placing Ashton's office physically inside
Heathrow terminal 3 is bound to pay dividends now that "England" need a
replacement.

"Hey! you with the rugby ball. Yes you! The one wearing the greenstone.
Welcome to Britain.."

28 Jan 2007 12:55:08
didgerman
Re: Ward-Smith out

oob wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 12:06:37 +0000, didgerman wrote:
>
>> Shitola.....
>>
>> Out until the summer tour at the earliest.
>> This means more Corry and/or Dallyo.
>
> Not to worry, the foresight of placing Ashton's office physically inside
> Heathrow terminal 3 is bound to pay dividends now that "England" need a
> replacement.
>
> "Hey! you with the rugby ball. Yes you! The one wearing the greenstone.
> Welcome to Britain.."

I rather expected a comment like that from a dope like you. Sadly he was
born in New Zealand, that may be true. But his adopted parents were
English, and he spent his formative years in one of England's rugby
strongholds, Cornwall.
He's one of those blokes that is hard to pin a nationality on. His real
parents don't seem to have been Kiwis in any case....
He's played most of his rugby in England, so we're more entitled to him
than any other country imo. Besides, his Dad likes it here.

28 Jan 2007 13:08:47
oob
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 12:55:08 +0000, didgerman wrote:

> oob wrote:
>> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 12:06:37 +0000, didgerman wrote:
>>
>>> Shitola.....
>>>
>>> Out until the summer tour at the earliest.
>>> This means more Corry and/or Dallyo.
>>
>> Not to worry, the foresight of placing Ashton's office physically inside
>> Heathrow terminal 3 is bound to pay dividends now that "England" need a
>> replacement.
>>
>> "Hey! you with the rugby ball. Yes you! The one wearing the greenstone.
>> Welcome to Britain.."
>
> I rather expected a comment like that from a dope like you. Sadly he was
> born in New Zealand, that may be true. But his adopted parents were
> English,

Adoptive parents now Didge? That's tenuous, even by your standards.
Couldn't find a granny somewhere eh? Had to go all Romanian-baby to get
a Kiwi qualified.

> and he spent his formative years in one of England's rugby
> strongholds, Cornwall.

"Formative" being those after the 25 he spent in NZ, the country of his
birth, childhood and young adulthood?

> He's one of those blokes that is hard to pin a nationality on. His real
> parents don't seem to have been Kiwis in any case.... He's played most
> of his rugby in England, so we're more entitled to him than any other
> country imo. Besides, his Dad likes it here.

Riiiight, because you know, during the two and a half decades he spent in
NZ, he didn't ever play rugby.

28 Jan 2007 13:51:49
didgerman
Re: Ward-Smith out

oob wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 12:55:08 +0000, didgerman wrote:
>
>> oob wrote:

>>> Not to worry, the foresight of placing Ashton's office physically inside
>>> Heathrow terminal 3 is bound to pay dividends now that "England" need a
>>> replacement.
>>>
>>> "Hey! you with the rugby ball. Yes you! The one wearing the greenstone.
>>> Welcome to Britain.."
>> I rather expected a comment like that from a dope like you. Sadly he was
>> born in New Zealand, that may be true. But his adopted parents were
>> English,
>
> Adoptive parents now Didge? That's tenuous, even by your standards.
> Couldn't find a granny somewhere eh? Had to go all Romanian-baby to get
> a Kiwi qualified.

You can't discriminate on the basis of whether or not his parents
adopted him or not.

>> and he spent his formative years in one of England's rugby
>> strongholds, Cornwall.
>
> "Formative" being those after the 25 he spent in NZ, the country of his
> birth, childhood and young adulthood?

Wrong.
Google it, I had to.....

>> He's one of those blokes that is hard to pin a nationality on. His real
>> parents don't seem to have been Kiwis in any case.... He's played most
>> of his rugby in England, so we're more entitled to him than any other
>> country imo. Besides, his Dad likes it here.
>
> Riiiight, because you know, during the two and a half decades he spent in
> NZ, he didn't ever play rugby.

Wrong, another boob from oob.

28 Jan 2007 06:58:56
Dave Keegan
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Jan 28, 8:51 am, didgerman <didger...@rfu.com > wrote:
> oob wrote:

> >> I rather expected a comment like that from a dope like you. Sadly he was
> >> born in New Zealand, that may be true. But his adopted parents were
> >> English,
>
> > Adoptive parents now Didge? That's tenuous, even by your standards.
> > Couldn't find a granny somewhere eh? Had to go all Romanian-baby to get
> > a Kiwi qualified.You can't discriminate on the basis of whether or not his parents
> adopted him or not.
>

> >> and he spent his formative years in one of England's rugby
> >> strongholds, Cornwall.
>
> > "Formative" being those after the 25 he spent in NZ, the country of his
> > birth, childhood and young adulthood?Wrong.
> Google it, I had to.....
>

> >> He's one of those blokes that is hard to pin a nationality on. His real
> >> parents don't seem to have been Kiwis in any case.... He's played most
> >> of his rugby in England, so we're more entitled to him than any other
> >> country imo. Besides, his Dad likes it here.
>
> > Riiiight, because you know, during the two and a half decades he spent in
> > NZ, he didn't ever play rugby.Wrong, another boob from oob.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

The pair of you are nominated for the Joseph Goebbel's "Half truths
are facts" award.

http://sport.independent.co.uk/rugby_union/article2132527.ece

Good on him for taking his chance to play International Rugby
where he can. He certainly qualifies for England, whereas he would
have to return to NZ and play to be selected for NZ, and both those
events were unlikely.

Keegan...

28 Jan 2007 15:06:44
didgerman
Re: Ward-Smith out

Dave Keegan wrote:

> On Jan 28, 8:51 am, didgerman <didger...@rfu.com> wrote:
>> oob wrote:
>>> Adoptive parents now Didge? That's tenuous, even by your standards.
>>> Couldn't find a granny somewhere eh? Had to go all Romanian-baby to get
>>> a Kiwi qualified.You can't discriminate on the basis of whether or not his parents
>> adopted him or not.

>>> "Formative" being those after the 25 he spent in NZ, the country of his
>>> birth, childhood and young adulthood?Wrong.
>> Google it, I had to.....

>>> Riiiight, because you know, during the two and a half decades he spent in
>>> NZ, he didn't ever play rugby.Wrong, another boob from oob.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -
>

> The pair of you are nominated for the Joseph Goebbel's "Half truths
> are facts" award.
>
> http://sport.independent.co.uk/rugby_union/article2132527.ece
>
> Good on him for taking his chance to play International Rugby
> where he can. He certainly qualifies for England, whereas he would
> have to return to NZ and play to be selected for NZ, and both those
> events were unlikely.
>
> Keegan...

Yeah that's the page I looked at, first hit in google.
Not sure where you get my 'half truths' from tbh...., but oob has
clearly not done his homework....

28 Jan 2007 08:37:31
mg
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Jan 29, 2:06 am, didgerman <didger...@rfu.com > wrote:

> Yeah that's the page I looked at, first hit in google.
> Not sure where you get my 'half truths' from tbh...., but oob has
> clearly not done his homework....- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Let me remind you that Engrand currently has 8 foregin born players
compared with New Zealand's 6. You know, just in case you forgot.

28 Jan 2007 08:45:00
Dave Keegan
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Jan 28, 10:06 am, didgerman <didger...@rfu.com > wrote:
> Dave Keegan wrote:

> >> adopted him or not.

> >> Google it, I had to.....

> > The pair of you are nominated for the Joseph Goebbel's "Half truths
> > are facts" award.
>
> >http://sport.independent.co.uk/rugby_union/article2132527.ece
>
> > Good on him for taking his chance to play International Rugby
> > where he can. He certainly qualifies for England, whereas he would
> > have to return to NZ and play to be selected for NZ, and both those
> > events were unlikely.
>
> > Keegan...Yeah that's the page I looked at, first hit in google.
> Not sure where you get my 'half truths' from tbh...., but oob has
> clearly not done his homework....-

Didge wrote :His real
parents don't seem to have been Kiwis in any case....

Part Maori, born in NZ...what are the odds at least one wasn't
Kiwi?

And:He's played most of his rugby in England, so we're more entitled
to him

No, by doing the math he's played 8 years playing Rugby in NZ, 7
in England.

and:he spent his formative years in one of England's rugby
strongholds, Cornwall.

Yes he did, playing soccer. He arrived back in NZ as a 13 y/o
soccer player and credits his years 13-21 spent in NZ as being the big
influence on him Rugby wise.

But he has every right to play his rugby for England, and good on
him. Just pointing out that you and Simon, surprisingly, are skilled
spin doctors.

Keegan...

28 Jan 2007 16:46:41
didgerman
Re: Ward-Smith out

mg wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2:06 am, didgerman <didger...@rfu.com> wrote:
>
>> Yeah that's the page I looked at, first hit in google.
>> Not sure where you get my 'half truths' from tbh...., but oob has
>> clearly not done his homework....- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -
>
> Let me remind you that Engrand currently has 8 foregin born players
> compared with New Zealand's 6. You know, just in case you forgot.

First of all, congrats on knowing Ashton's latest team even before he
does. Secondly, you don't know jack about jack. Perhaps you'd like to
google {I know it's hard for you} some of those 'foreign' players and
see how they qualify?

28 Jan 2007 16:48:45
Mike
Re: Ward-Smith out

mg wrote:

> Let me remind you that Engrand currently has 8 foregin born players
> compared with New Zealand's 6. You know, just in case you forgot.

I've tried googling but cannot locate Foregin, anyone know where it is
or a pic of their flag?

Apparently Showaddywaddy sang their national anthem once.

Mike

29 Jan 2007 05:52:50
Greig Blanchett
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 15:06:44 GMT, didgerman <didgerman@rfu.com > wrote:

>Dave Keegan wrote:

>>> adopted him or not.

>>> Google it, I had to.....

>> The pair of you are nominated for the Joseph Goebbel's "Half truths
>> are facts" award.
>>
>> http://sport.independent.co.uk/rugby_union/article2132527.ece
>>
>> Good on him for taking his chance to play International Rugby
>> where he can. He certainly qualifies for England, whereas he would
>> have to return to NZ and play to be selected for NZ, and both those
>> events were unlikely.
>>
>> Keegan...
>>

>Yeah that's the page I looked at, first hit in google.
>Not sure where you get my 'half truths' from tbh...., but oob has
>clearly not done his homework....

Half truths? Didge, you're basically talking out of your arse yet
again. From the article:

"When he was three they moved to Cornwall, although a decade later he
went back to New Zealand, attending school and university at
Palmerston North before returning to England at 21 with, among other
things, a rugby education."

That means from 13 to 21 - the formative years, if you will - he
learnt his rugby in New Zealand. It even says it, right there - he
returned to England with " ... a rugby education".

Again from the article:

"I was quite good at soccer," he said, "but if you live in New Zealand
you're going to pick up the rugby bug sooner or later. You seem to
spend every waking moment playing the game."

This would imply he played soccer until he went to NZ. So much for the
formative rugby years in Cornwall. This is another rugby mercenary you
poms owe us for.

--
greig

28 Jan 2007 17:00:54
didgerman
Re: Ward-Smith out

Mike wrote:
> mg wrote:
>
>> Let me remind you that Engrand currently has 8 foregin born players
>> compared with New Zealand's 6. You know, just in case you forgot.
>
> I've tried googling but cannot locate Foregin, anyone know where it is
> or a pic of their flag?
>
> Apparently Showaddywaddy sang their national anthem once.
>
> Mike

It's so totally cool not to use a spellchecker, all bow down before mg....
Oh, unless of course he doesn't know how to set one.....arf.

29 Jan 2007 06:01:30
Greig Blanchett
Re: Ward-Smith out

On 28 Jan 2007 08:45:00 -0800, "Dave Keegan" <rugby@budweiser.com >
wrote:

[...]
> But he has every right to play his rugby for England, and good on
>him. Just pointing out that you and Simon, surprisingly, are skilled
>spin doctors.

This must be that fancy new definition of "skilled spin doctors" that
means "absolutely fucking rubbish comprehension, followed by 30
seconds in the industrial mixmaster of what laughingly passes as a
brain, finished off by a chunder of random words, garbage, detritus
and bullshit".

--
greig

28 Jan 2007 09:02:52
Dave Keegan
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Jan 28, 11:48 am, Mike <diespammers...@kiwifanboyssuck.com > wrote:
> mg wrote:
> > Let me remind you that Engrand currently has 8 foregin born players
> > compared with New Zealand's 6. You know, just in case you forgot.I've tried googling but cannot locate Foregin, anyone know where it is
> or a pic of their flag?
>
> Apparently Showaddywaddy sang their national anthem once.
>
> Mike

Foregin is a former independent pricipality off the coast of
Flance, near Sprain, recently the target of a military takeover by the
affore mentioned Engrand.

What is up with your education system Mike? It's light years
behind Australia.

Kleegan...

28 Jan 2007 17:07:52
didgerman
Re: Ward-Smith out

Dave Keegan wrote:

> On Jan 28, 10:06 am, didgerman <didger...@rfu.com> wrote:
>> Dave Keegan wrote:

>>> The pair of you are nominated for the Joseph Goebbel's "Half truths
>>> are facts" award.
>>> http://sport.independent.co.uk/rugby_union/article2132527.ece
>>> Good on him for taking his chance to play International Rugby
>>> where he can. He certainly qualifies for England, whereas he would
>>> have to return to NZ and play to be selected for NZ, and both those
>>> events were unlikely.
>>> Keegan...Yeah that's the page I looked at, first hit in google.
>> Not sure where you get my 'half truths' from tbh...., but oob has
>> clearly not done his homework....-
>
> Didge wrote :His real
> parents don't seem to have been Kiwis in any case....
>
> Part Maori, born in NZ...what are the odds at least one wasn't
> Kiwi?
>

> And:He's played most of his rugby in England, so we're more entitled
> to him
>
> No, by doing the math he's played 8 years playing Rugby in NZ, 7
> in England.
>
> and:he spent his formative years in one of England's rugby
> strongholds, Cornwall.
>
> Yes he did, playing soccer. He arrived back in NZ as a 13 y/o
> soccer player and credits his years 13-21 spent in NZ as being the big
> influence on him Rugby wise.
>
> But he has every right to play his rugby for England, and good on
> him. Just pointing out that you and Simon, surprisingly, are skilled
> spin doctors.
>

> Keegan...

Of course, he spent further formative years playing in England after his
trip abroad to New Zealand, but let's not think about that if it gets in
the way of fanboy Kiwis proudly announcing that a 'kiwi' plays for
England.....
He also claims to be a quarter Lebanese and a quarter Scottish,
suggesting his real parents weren't from New Zealand.
He has every right to play for New Zealand, but when you add up the
facts, he's more qualified for England than anyone else.
Anyway, he'll not play for England until the summer, by which time I
assume we'll have finished tinkering with the BRFs and he'll get a bench
spot at best.
Shame.

28 Jan 2007 17:00:17
The Green Phantom
Re: Ward-Smith out

Dave Keegan wrote:

> On Jan 28, 11:48 am, Mike <diespammers...@kiwifanboyssuck.com> wrote:
>> mg wrote:
>>> Let me remind you that Engrand currently has 8 foregin born players
>>> compared with New Zealand's 6. You know, just in case you forgot.I've tried googling but cannot locate Foregin, anyone know where it is
>> or a pic of their flag?
>>
>> Apparently Showaddywaddy sang their national anthem once.
>>
>> Mike
>
> Foregin is a former independent pricipality off the coast of
> Flance, near Sprain, recently the target of a military takeover by the
> affore mentioned Engrand.
>
> What is up with your education system Mike? It's light years
> behind Australia.

errrrrrr shouldn't that be "right years behind Austlaria"?

> Kleegan...

legards, bugger

regards

The Green Phantom

28 Jan 2007 09:10:46
mg
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Jan 29, 3:46 am, didgerman <didger...@rfu.com > wrote:

> {I know it's hard for you}

LOL!!!

28 Jan 2007 17:11:51
didgerman
Re: Ward-Smith out

Greig Blanchett wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 15:06:44 GMT, didgerman <didgerman@rfu.com> wrote:
>
>> Dave Keegan wrote:

>>> The pair of you are nominated for the Joseph Goebbel's "Half truths
>>> are facts" award.
>>>
>>> http://sport.independent.co.uk/rugby_union/article2132527.ece
>>>
>>> Good on him for taking his chance to play International Rugby
>>> where he can. He certainly qualifies for England, whereas he would
>>> have to return to NZ and play to be selected for NZ, and both those
>>> events were unlikely.
>>>
>>> Keegan...
>>>
>> Yeah that's the page I looked at, first hit in google.
>> Not sure where you get my 'half truths' from tbh...., but oob has
>> clearly not done his homework....
>
> Half truths? Didge, you're basically talking out of your arse yet
> again. From the article:
>
> "When he was three they moved to Cornwall, although a decade later he
> went back to New Zealand, attending school and university at
> Palmerston North before returning to England at 21 with, among other
> things, a rugby education."
>
> That means from 13 to 21 - the formative years, if you will - he
> learnt his rugby in New Zealand. It even says it, right there - he
> returned to England with " ... a rugby education".
>
> Again from the article:
>
> "I was quite good at soccer," he said, "but if you live in New Zealand
> you're going to pick up the rugby bug sooner or later. You seem to
> spend every waking moment playing the game."
>
> This would imply he played soccer until he went to NZ. So much for the
> formative rugby years in Cornwall. This is another rugby mercenary you
> poms owe us for.
>
> --
> greig

So in an effort to support your laughable claim to this foreign player,
and let's be honest, New Zealand are the World's best at fielding
players from other countries, you are seriously suggesting that at 21 he
was the finished article?
He's learnt his rugby in England, face the facts.
Now, get back to scouring the Tongan ghettos for your next winger.

28 Jan 2007 09:13:02
mg
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Jan 29, 4:00 am, didgerman <didger...@rfu.com > wrote:

> t's so totally cool not to use a spellchecker,

Google doesn't have a spell checked, hth.

> all bow down before mg....

If you must.

> Oh, unless of course he doesn't know how to set one.....arf.

Set one? I set more than one this weekend. It's amazing what you can
cram into 4 days.

28 Jan 2007 18:12:36
didgerman
Re: Ward-Smith out

mg wrote:
> On Jan 29, 4:00 am, didgerman <didger...@rfu.com> wrote:
>
>> t's so totally cool not to use a spellchecker,
>
> Google doesn't have a spell checked, hth.

http://jimcalloway.typepad.com/lawpracticetips/2005/02/the_google_spel.html

hth..., all the kids in your class must have one.

Nothing changes does it mg, google will always remain a mystery to you,
as will anything else IT related....

>> all bow down before mg....
>
> If you must.
>
>> Oh, unless of course he doesn't know how to set one.....arf.
>
> Set one? I set more than one this weekend. It's amazing what you can
> cram into 4 days.

29 Jan 2007 07:14:01
Greig Blanchett
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:11:51 GMT, didgerman <didgerman@rfu.com > wrote:

>Greig Blanchett wrote:
[...]
>> Half truths? Didge, you're basically talking out of your arse yet
>> again. From the article:
>>
>> "When he was three they moved to Cornwall, although a decade later he
>> went back to New Zealand, attending school and university at
>> Palmerston North before returning to England at 21 with, among other
>> things, a rugby education."
>>
>> That means from 13 to 21 - the formative years, if you will - he
>> learnt his rugby in New Zealand. It even says it, right there - he
>> returned to England with " ... a rugby education".
>>
>> Again from the article:
>>
>> "I was quite good at soccer," he said, "but if you live in New Zealand
>> you're going to pick up the rugby bug sooner or later. You seem to
>> spend every waking moment playing the game."
>>
>> This would imply he played soccer until he went to NZ. So much for the
>> formative rugby years in Cornwall. This is another rugby mercenary you
>> poms owe us for.
>>
>> --
>> greig
>
>So in an effort to support your laughable claim to this foreign player,
>and let's be honest, New Zealand are the World's best at fielding
>players from other countries, you are seriously suggesting that at 21 he
>was the finished article?

All New Zealanders are the finished article at 21. And we're not
claiming him - he's not good enough for NZ, so you can have him - but
you shouldn't bite the hand that feeds.

>He's learnt his rugby in England, face the facts.

Why don't you ask him, Didge? How much are you prepared to bet he'd
say "I learnt it all in England"?

--
greig

28 Jan 2007 18:14:31
didgerman
Re: Ward-Smith out

Greig Blanchett wrote:
> On 28 Jan 2007 08:45:00 -0800, "Dave Keegan" <rugby@budweiser.com>
> wrote:
>
> [...]
>> But he has every right to play his rugby for England, and good on
>> him. Just pointing out that you and Simon, surprisingly, are skilled
>> spin doctors.
>>

> This must be that fancy new definition of "skilled spin doctors" that
> means "absolutely fucking rubbish comprehension, followed by 30
> seconds in the industrial mixmaster of what laughingly passes as a
> brain, finished off by a chunder of random words, garbage, detritus
> and bullshit".
>
> --
> greig

Yes, but I have a ten inch cock.....

28 Jan 2007 18:18:47
didgerman
Re: Ward-Smith out

Greig Blanchett wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:11:51 GMT, didgerman <didgerman@rfu.com> wrote:
>
>> Greig Blanchett wrote:
> [...]
>>> Half truths? Didge, you're basically talking out of your arse yet
>>> again. From the article:
>>>
>>> "When he was three they moved to Cornwall, although a decade later he
>>> went back to New Zealand, attending school and university at
>>> Palmerston North before returning to England at 21 with, among other
>>> things, a rugby education."
>>>
>>> That means from 13 to 21 - the formative years, if you will - he
>>> learnt his rugby in New Zealand. It even says it, right there - he
>>> returned to England with " ... a rugby education".
>>>
>>> Again from the article:
>>>
>>> "I was quite good at soccer," he said, "but if you live in New Zealand
>>> you're going to pick up the rugby bug sooner or later. You seem to
>>> spend every waking moment playing the game."
>>>
>>> This would imply he played soccer until he went to NZ. So much for the
>>> formative rugby years in Cornwall. This is another rugby mercenary you
>>> poms owe us for.
>>>
>>> --
>>> greig
>> So in an effort to support your laughable claim to this foreign player,
>> and let's be honest, New Zealand are the World's best at fielding
>> players from other countries, you are seriously suggesting that at 21 he
>> was the finished article?
>
> All New Zealanders are the finished article at 21. And we're not
> claiming him - he's not good enough for NZ, so you can have him - but
> you shouldn't bite the hand that feeds.
>
>> He's learnt his rugby in England, face the facts.
>
> Why don't you ask him, Didge? How much are you prepared to bet he'd
> say "I learnt it all in England"?

How much have you got?

> --
> greig

29 Jan 2007 08:05:30
Greig Blanchett
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 18:18:47 GMT, didgerman <didgerman@rfu.com > wrote:

>Greig Blanchett wrote:
>> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:11:51 GMT, didgerman <didgerman@rfu.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Greig Blanchett wrote:
>> [...]
>>> So in an effort to support your laughable claim to this foreign player,
>>> and let's be honest, New Zealand are the World's best at fielding
>>> players from other countries, you are seriously suggesting that at 21 he
>>> was the finished article?
>>
>> All New Zealanders are the finished article at 21. And we're not
>> claiming him - he's not good enough for NZ, so you can have him - but
>> you shouldn't bite the hand that feeds.
>>
>>> He's learnt his rugby in England, face the facts.
>>
>> Why don't you ask him, Didge? How much are you prepared to bet he'd
>> say "I learnt it all in England"?
>
>How much have you got?

10 inches, all round.

--
greig

28 Jan 2007 19:45:34
Mike
Re: Ward-Smith out

Greig Blanchett wrote:

>> How much have you got?
>>

> 10 inches, all round.
>

> --
> greig

Apparently that's average for RSRU.

Mike

28 Jan 2007 12:33:57
Greig Blanchett
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Jan 29, 8:45 am, Mike <diespammers...@kiwifanboyssuck.com > wrote:
> Greig Blanchett wrote:
> >> How much have you got?
>
> > 10 inches, all round.
>
> > --
> > greig
>
>Apparently that's average for RSRU.
>
> Mike

I think the correct response here is "that's not what your mother
said".

--
greig

28 Jan 2007 20:34:25
didgerman
Re: Ward-Smith out

Greig Blanchett wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 18:18:47 GMT, didgerman <didgerman@rfu.com> wrote:
>
>> Greig Blanchett wrote:

>>> [...]
>>> All New Zealanders are the finished article at 21. And we're not
>>> claiming him - he's not good enough for NZ, so you can have him - but
>>> you shouldn't bite the hand that feeds.

>>> Why don't you ask him, Didge? How much are you prepared to bet he'd
>>> say "I learnt it all in England"?
>> How much have you got?
>>

> 10 inches, all round.
>

> --
> greig

Mind boggling isn't it?
Anyway.....
So if Carter was the finished article at 21, how come he was playing 12
when he was clearly a better 10 than Spencer? Aha.....

29 Jan 2007 09:54:26
Andrew Dunford
Re: Ward-Smith out

"oob" <oobapalula@spam.no > wrote in message
> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 12:06:37 +0000, didgerman wrote:
>
>> Shitola.....
>>
>> Out until the summer tour at the earliest.
>> This means more Corry and/or Dallyo.
>
> Not to worry, the foresight of placing Ashton's office physically inside
> Heathrow terminal 3 is bound to pay dividends now that "England" need a
> replacement.
>
> "Hey! you with the rugby ball. Yes you! The one wearing the greenstone.
> Welcome to Britain.."

You can't blame a bloke for getting the hell out of Palmerston North.

Andrew

28 Jan 2007 13:27:44
Greig Blanchett
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Jan 29, 9:34 am, didgerman <didger...@rfu.com > wrote:
> Mind boggling isn't it?
> Anyway.....
> So if Carter was the finished article at 21, how come he was playing 12
> when he was clearly a better 10 than Spencer? Aha ...

Because that slap headed dirt tracking fool Mitchell couldn't pick his
nose without spending a weekend retreat with his life coach
empathising with the soon-to-be-discarded bogey.

Face it, we don't hype our players up and we don't keep them waiting
in the wings for ever. If they're good enough, they're old enough, and
that's always been the way in NZ rugby. Nepia, Nathan, Kirwan, Wilson,
Cullen. It's only the poms that work this the other way round - if
they're old enough, they MUST be good enough. I guess you're beginning
to see the problem with this method since most of the RWC '03 team has
now qualified for their OAP bus passes, died of old age, or are busy
test driving zimmer frames as we speak.

--
greig

28 Jan 2007 21:39:08
didgerman
Re: Ward-Smith out

Greig Blanchett wrote:
> On Jan 29, 9:34 am, didgerman <didger...@rfu.com> wrote:
>> Mind boggling isn't it?
>> Anyway.....
>> So if Carter was the finished article at 21, how come he was playing 12
>> when he was clearly a better 10 than Spencer? Aha ...
>
> Because that slap headed dirt tracking fool Mitchell couldn't pick his
> nose without spending a weekend retreat with his life coach
> empathising with the soon-to-be-discarded bogey.
>
> Face it, we don't hype our players up and we don't keep them waiting
> in the wings for ever. If they're good enough, they're old enough, and
> that's always been the way in NZ rugby. Nepia, Nathan, Kirwan, Wilson,
> Cullen. It's only the poms that work this the other way round - if
> they're old enough, they MUST be good enough. I guess you're beginning
> to see the problem with this method since most of the RWC '03 team has
> now qualified for their OAP bus passes, died of old age, or are busy
> test driving zimmer frames as we speak.
>
> --
> greig

A quick head count says 6 have retired.....

As for 'if they're good enough, they're old enough', are we supposed to
listen to this, from the country that describes its national team as the
'Baby blacks'? Any time you get beat, it's the 'Baby Blacks'.....
C'mon old man.....

28 Jan 2007 15:31:50
Greig Blanchett
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Jan 29, 10:39 am, didgerman <didger...@rfu.com > wrote:
> Greig Blanchett wrote:
> > On Jan 29, 9:34 am, didgerman <didger...@rfu.com> wrote:
> >> Mind boggling isn't it?
> >> Anyway.....
> >> So if Carter was the finished article at 21, how come he was playing 12
> >> when he was clearly a better 10 than Spencer? Aha ...
>
> > Because that slap headed dirt tracking fool Mitchell couldn't pick his
> > nose without spending a weekend retreat with his life coach
> > empathising with the soon-to-be-discarded bogey.
>
> > Face it, we don't hype our players up and we don't keep them waiting
> > in the wings for ever. If they're good enough, they're old enough, and
> > that's always been the way in NZ rugby. Nepia, Nathan, Kirwan, Wilson,
> > Cullen. It's only the poms that work this the other way round - if
> > they're old enough, they MUST be good enough. I guess you're beginning
> > to see the problem with this method since most of the RWC '03 team has
> > now qualified for their OAP bus passes, died of old age, or are busy
> > test driving zimmer frames as we speak.
>
> > --
> > greig
>
> A quick head count says 6 have retired.....

And 11 of the current squad are in their 30s. 16 are over 25. Only 6
are 25 or younger. Average age is 28. Top scientists are even now
counting Corry and Grewcock's rings to determine their age. Carbon
dating had to be used on Mike Catt.

> As for 'if they're good enough, they're old enough', are we supposed to
> listen to this, from the country that describes its national team as the
> 'Baby blacks'? Any time you get beat, it's the 'Baby Blacks'.....

The "Baby Blacks" specifically refers to the ABs who played - and beat
- France in the first test in 1986, roughly 17 years before you got
interested in rugby when you jumped on that bandwagon in 2003.

--
greig

28 Jan 2007 23:41:03
didgerman
Re: Ward-Smith out

Greig Blanchett wrote:
> On Jan 29, 10:39 am, didgerman <didger...@rfu.com> wrote:
>> Greig Blanchett wrote:
>>> Because that slap headed dirt tracking fool Mitchell couldn't pick his
>>> nose without spending a weekend retreat with his life coach
>>> empathising with the soon-to-be-discarded bogey.
>>> Face it, we don't hype our players up and we don't keep them waiting
>>> in the wings for ever. If they're good enough, they're old enough, and
>>> that's always been the way in NZ rugby. Nepia, Nathan, Kirwan, Wilson,
>>> Cullen. It's only the poms that work this the other way round - if
>>> they're old enough, they MUST be good enough. I guess you're beginning
>>> to see the problem with this method since most of the RWC '03 team has
>>> now qualified for their OAP bus passes, died of old age, or are busy
>>> test driving zimmer frames as we speak.
>>> --
>>> greig
>> A quick head count says 6 have retired.....
>>

> And 11 of the current squad are in their 30s. 16 are over 25. Only 6
> are 25 or younger. Average age is 28. Top scientists are even now
> counting Corry and Grewcock's rings to determine their age.

I'd imagine their rings are the same age as the rest of them.

Carbon
> dating had to be used on Mike Catt.

And your jokes.....

>> As for 'if they're good enough, they're old enough', are we supposed to
>> listen to this, from the country that describes its national team as the
>> 'Baby blacks'? Any time you get beat, it's the 'Baby Blacks'.....
>
> The "Baby Blacks" specifically refers to the ABs who played - and beat
> - France in the first test in 1986, roughly 17 years before you got
> interested in rugby when you jumped on that bandwagon in 2003.

I was on the bandwagon in 2003, the same as I was in '75 and am now.
However, you jumped off in 2003 and buggered off to hit yourself with a
birch whilst you wept: 'it's only a lottery, it was the baby blacks,
it's only a lottery...'

> --
> greig

29 Jan 2007 00:25:50
oob
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:07:52 +0000, didgerman wrote:

> Dave Keegan wrote:

>>> Not sure where you get my 'half truths' from tbh...., but oob has
>>> clearly not done his homework....-
>>
>> Didge wrote :His real
>> parents don't seem to have been Kiwis in any case....
>>
>> Part Maori, born in NZ...what are the odds at least one wasn't
>> Kiwi?
>>

>> And:He's played most of his rugby in England, so we're more entitled
>> to him
>>
>> No, by doing the math he's played 8 years playing Rugby in NZ, 7
>> in England.
>>
>> and:he spent his formative years in one of England's rugby
>> strongholds, Cornwall.
>>
>> Yes he did, playing soccer. He arrived back in NZ as a 13 y/o
>> soccer player and credits his years 13-21 spent in NZ as being the big
>> influence on him Rugby wise.
>>
>> But he has every right to play his rugby for England, and good on
>> him. Just pointing out that you and Simon, surprisingly, are skilled
>> spin doctors.
>>

>> Keegan...
>>

> Of course, he spent further formative years playing in England

His formative rugby years were at PNBHS and Massey University, in the
Manawatu, which is in New Zealand.

> after his
> trip abroad to New Zealand, but let's not think about that if it gets in

His trip HOME to NZ.

> the way of fanboy Kiwis proudly announcing that a 'kiwi' plays for
> England.....

MANY Kiwis play for "England."

> He also claims to be a quarter Lebanese and a quarter Scottish,
> suggesting his real parents weren't from New Zealand. He has every right
> to play for New Zealand, but when you add up the facts, he's more
> qualified for England than anyone else.

Aside from being born a Maori, to Kiwis, in New Zealand, living most of
his life in NZ, going to school and university in NZ.

There's really no educating the Sun-reading sheeple of the U.K. is there?
Go on Didge, tell us how Jonah is a "Tongan."

29 Jan 2007 00:29:45
oob
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:11:51 +0000, didgerman wrote:
> So in an effort to support your laughable claim to this foreign player,
> and let's be honest, New Zealand are the World's best at fielding
> players from other countries,

As has been shown on countless occasions, "England" (or, more properly,
"The Twickenham worldwide invitational XV") are by far the highest
recipient of players from other countries.

> you are seriously suggesting that at 21 he was the finished article?
> He's learnt his rugby in England, face the facts. Now, get back to
> scouring the Tongan ghettos for your next winger.

Please name a Tongan born player that has played on the wing for the ABs.

28 Jan 2007 16:52:23
Greig Blanchett
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Jan 29, 1:29 pm, oob <oobapal...@spam.no > wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:11:51 +0000, didgerman wrote:
> > So in an effort to support your laughable claim to this foreign player,
> > and let's be honest, New Zealand are the World's best at fielding
> > players from other countries,As has been shown on countless occasions, "England" (or, more properly,
> "The Twickenham worldwide invitational XV") are by far the highest
> recipient of players from other countries.
>
> > you are seriously suggesting that at 21 he was the finished article?
> > He's learnt his rugby in England, face the facts. Now, get back to
> > scouring the Tongan ghettos for your next winger.
>
> Please name a Tongan born player that has played on the wing for the ABs.

Hmmm - a tough one. Does it help that I know the Ghanaian born player
who plays on the wing for England?

--
greig

28 Jan 2007 17:15:36
Stex
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Jan 29, 6:54 am, "Andrew Dunford" <adunf...@artifax.net > wrote:
> "oob" <oobapal...@spam.no> wrote in messagenews:epi42b$6ba$3@lust.ihug.co.nz...
>
> > On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 12:06:37 +0000, didgerman wrote:
>
> >> Shitola.....
>
> >> Out until the summer tour at the earliest.
> >> This means more Corry and/or Dallyo.
>
> > Not to worry, the foresight of placing Ashton's office physically inside
> > Heathrow terminal 3 is bound to pay dividends now that "England" need a
> > replacement.
>
> > "Hey! you with the rugby ball. Yes you! The one wearing the greenstone.
> > Welcome to Britain.."You can't blame a bloke for getting the hell out of Palmerston North.

Hey, have you had that 'good day' in Wellington yet. You know from
the city slogan, 'you cant beat Wellington on a good day'. Hell I
spent 5 years in that place waiting for the good day.

Stex
[who got out of Palmerston North 12 years ago]

28 Jan 2007 17:28:44
Greig Blanchett
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Jan 29, 2:15 pm, "Stex" <stex2...@yahoo.com > wrote:
> On Jan 29, 6:54 am, "Andrew Dunford" <adunf...@artifax.net> wrote:
>> You can't blame a bloke for getting the hell out of Palmerston North.
> Hey, have you had that 'good day' in Wellington yet. You know from
> the city slogan, 'you cant beat Wellington on a good day'. Hell I
> spent 5 years in that place waiting for the good day.
> Stex

You must have missed it. The generally accepted date for the "good
day" was July 6, 1996, shit weather and all.

--
greig

29 Jan 2007 01:36:09
oob
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:28:44 -0800, Greig Blanchett wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2:15 pm, "Stex" <stex2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 29, 6:54 am, "Andrew Dunford" <adunf...@artifax.net> wrote:
>>> You can't blame a bloke for getting the hell out of Palmerston North.
>> Hey, have you had that 'good day' in Wellington yet. You know from
>> the city slogan, 'you cant beat Wellington on a good day'. Hell I
>> spent 5 years in that place waiting for the good day.
>> Stex
>
> You must have missed it. The generally accepted date for the "good
> day" was July 6, 1996, shit weather and all.

That was a good day. My abiding memory is of Ben Tune lying prostrate is
his own in-goal watching Jonah score then laying his head on the ground in
abject surrender.

29 Jan 2007 01:43:39
oob
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 01:36:09 +0000, oob wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:28:44 -0800, Greig Blanchett wrote:

>>> Hey, have you had that 'good day' in Wellington yet. You know from
>>> the city slogan, 'you cant beat Wellington on a good day'. Hell I
>>> spent 5 years in that place waiting for the good day.
>>> Stex
>>
>> You must have missed it. The generally accepted date for the "good
>> day" was July 6, 1996, shit weather and all.
>
> That was a good day. My abiding memory is of Ben Tune lying prostrate is
> his own in-goal watching Jonah score then laying his head on the ground in
> abject surrender.

1:25 into this clip;

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hzjjUR-VFMQ

28 Jan 2007 17:48:43
Dave Keegan
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Jan 28, 12:01 pm, Greig Blanchett <gre...@nNzOrSfPu.AcMom > wrote:
> On 28 Jan 2007 08:45:00 -0800, "Dave Keegan" <r...@budweiser.com>
> wrote:
>
> [...]
>

> > But he has every right to play his rugby for England, and good on
> >him. Just pointing out that you and Simon, surprisingly, are skilled
> >spin doctors.This must be that fancy new definition of "skilled spin doctors" that
> means "absolutely fucking rubbish comprehension, followed by 30
> seconds in the industrial mixmaster of what laughingly passes as a
> brain, finished off by a chunder of random words, garbage, detritus
> and bullshit".
>
> --
> greig

Yeah, what he just said....

Keegan...

28 Jan 2007 17:56:37
Dave Keegan
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Jan 28, 1:14 pm, Greig Blanchett <gre...@nNzOrSfPu.AcMom > wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:11:51 GMT, didgerman <didger...@rfu.com> wrote:
> >Greig Blanchett wrote:
> [...]
> >> Half truths? Didge, you're basically talking out of your arse yet
> >> again. From the article:
>
> >> "When he was three they moved to Cornwall, although a decade later he
> >> went back to New Zealand, attending school and university at
> >> Palmerston North before returning to England at 21 with, among other
> >> things, a rugby education."
>
> >> That means from 13 to 21 - the formative years, if you will - he
> >> learnt his rugby in New Zealand. It even says it, right there - he
> >> returned to England with " ... a rugby education".
>
> >> Again from the article:
>
> >> "I was quite good at soccer," he said, "but if you live in New Zealand
> >> you're going to pick up the rugby bug sooner or later. You seem to
> >> spend every waking moment playing the game."
>
> >> This would imply he played soccer until he went to NZ. So much for the
> >> formative rugby years in Cornwall. This is another rugby mercenary you
> >> poms owe us for.
>
> >> --
> >> greig
>
> >So in an effort to support your laughable claim to this foreign player,
> >and let's be honest, New Zealand are the World's best at fielding
> >players from other countries, you are seriously suggesting that at 21 he
> >was the finished article?All New Zealanders are the finished article at 21. And we're not
> claiming him - he's not good enough for NZ, so you can have him - but
> you shouldn't bite the hand that feeds.
>
> >He's learnt his rugby in England, face the facts.Why don't you ask him, Didge? How much are you prepared to bet he'd
> say "I learnt it all in England"?
>
> --
> greig-

From the Article, a British one:

When he was three they moved to Cornwall, although a decade later he
went back to New Zealand, attending school and university at
Palmerston North before returning to England at 21 with, among other
things, a rugby education.

He met his birth parents when he was 16. "They're lovely people.
What's happened has not had a massive influence on my life." What did
was spending time in the Land of the Long White Cloud.

"I was quite good at soccer," he said, "but if you live in New Zealand
you're going to pick up the rugby bug sooner or later. You seem to
spend every waking moment playing the game."

Keegan...

28 Jan 2007 18:01:52
Dave Keegan
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Jan 28, 3:54 pm, "Andrew Dunford" <adunf...@artifax.net > wrote:
> "oob" <oobapal...@spam.no> wrote in messagenews:epi42b$6ba$3@lust.ihug.co.nz...
>
> > On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 12:06:37 +0000, didgerman wrote:
>
> >> Shitola.....
>
> >> Out until the summer tour at the earliest.
> >> This means more Corry and/or Dallyo.
>
> > Not to worry, the foresight of placing Ashton's office physically inside
> > Heathrow terminal 3 is bound to pay dividends now that "England" need a
> > replacement.
>
> > "Hey! you with the rugby ball. Yes you! The one wearing the greenstone.
> > Welcome to Britain.."You can't blame a bloke for getting the hell out of Palmerston North.
>
> Andrew

Andrew Dunford...last seen being quoted on Cricinfo live feed for
saying something very clever, can't remember what...

Keegan...

29 Jan 2007 15:09:26
Andrew Dunford
Re: Ward-Smith out

"Dave Keegan" <rugby@budweiser.com > wrote in message

> On Jan 28, 3:54 pm, "Andrew Dunford" <adunf...@artifax.net> wrote:
>> "oob" <oobapal...@spam.no> wrote in
>> messagenews:epi42b$6ba$3@lust.ihug.co.nz...

>> > Not to worry, the foresight of placing Ashton's office physically
>> > inside
>> > Heathrow terminal 3 is bound to pay dividends now that "England" need a
>> > replacement.
>>
>> > "Hey! you with the rugby ball. Yes you! The one wearing the greenstone.
>> > Welcome to Britain.."You can't blame a bloke for getting the hell out
>> > of Palmerston North.
>>
>> Andrew
>
> Andrew Dunford...last seen being quoted on Cricinfo live feed for
> saying something very clever, can't remember what...

'Tis true. I was just finding a way of passing 30 seconds until the next
England wicket fell.

Andrew

28 Jan 2007 19:01:09
ken
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Jan 29, 6:02 am, "Dave Keegan" <r...@budweiser.com > wrote:
> On Jan 28, 11:48 am, Mike <diespammers...@kiwifanboyssuck.com> wrote:
>
> > mg wrote:
> > > Let me remind you that Engrand currently has 8 foregin born players
> > > compared with New Zealand's 6. You know, just in case you forgot.I've tried googling but cannot locate Foregin, anyone know where it is
> > or a pic of their flag?
>
> > Apparently Showaddywaddy sang their national anthem once.
>
> > Mike Foregin is a former independent pricipality off the coast of
> Flance, near Sprain, recently the target of a military takeover by the
> affore mentioned Engrand.
>
> What is up with your education system Mike? It's light years
> behind Australia.
>
> Kleegan...

A pricipality? Presumably now part of the kingdom of Foregin.
Nobody's going to stop Stephen Jones' acolytes from burbling rubbish
about New Zealand's "rape of the Pacific." The kettle will continue to
try to put our pot on. People migrate. Get over it.
Ken
"

28 Jan 2007 22:32:26
William A. T. Clark
Re: Ward-Smith out

In article <1170019663.937026.316550@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com >,
"Greig Blanchett" <greigb@nzrfu.com > wrote:

> On Jan 29, 9:34 am, didgerman <didger...@rfu.com> wrote:
> > Mind boggling isn't it?
> > Anyway.....
> > So if Carter was the finished article at 21, how come he was playing 12
> > when he was clearly a better 10 than Spencer? Aha ...
>
> Because that slap headed dirt tracking fool Mitchell couldn't pick his
> nose without spending a weekend retreat with his life coach
> empathising with the soon-to-be-discarded bogey.
>
> Face it, we don't hype our players up and we don't keep them waiting
> in the wings for ever. If they're good enough, they're old enough, and
> that's always been the way in NZ rugby. Nepia, Nathan, Kirwan, Wilson,
> Cullen. It's only the poms that work this the other way round - if
> they're old enough, they MUST be good enough. I guess you're beginning
> to see the problem with this method since most of the RWC '03 team has
> now qualified for their OAP bus passes, died of old age, or are busy
> test driving zimmer frames as we speak.
>
> --
> greig

Or looking at their pictures with Bill - something your superheroes
haven't done in twenty years.

William Clark

28 Jan 2007 19:51:53
Greig Blanchett
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Jan 29, 4:32 pm, "William A. T. Clark" <clark...@osu.edu > wrote:
> In article <1170019663.937026.316...@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com>,
> "Greig Blanchett" <gre...@nzrfu.com> wrote:
> > Face it, we don't hype our players up and we don't keep them waiting
> > in the wings for ever. If they're good enough, they're old enough, and
> > that's always been the way in NZ rugby. Nepia, Nathan, Kirwan, Wilson,
> > Cullen. It's only the poms that work this the other way round - if
> > they're old enough, they MUST be good enough. I guess you're beginning
> > to see the problem with this method since most of the RWC '03 team has
> > now qualified for their OAP bus passes, died of old age, or are busy
> > test driving zimmer frames as we speak.
>
>Or looking at their pictures with Bill - something your superheroes
> haven't done in twenty years.
>
> William Clark

Hello Mr Clark. Is this Mr "John Bull" Clark or Mr "Paddy" Clark we
have the pleasure of today? You seem to latch on to the poms when it
comes to rugby as quickly as mg latches on to the ABs. Do you have a
ten inch tally whacker too?

--
greig

29 Jan 2007 06:57:10
Andy Mulhearn
Re: Ward-Smith out

Greig Blanchett wrote:
> On Jan 29, 1:29 pm, oob <oobapal...@spam.no> wrote:
>> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:11:51 +0000, didgerman wrote:
>>> So in an effort to support your laughable claim to this foreign player,
>>> and let's be honest, New Zealand are the World's best at fielding
>>> players from other countries,As has been shown on countless occasions, "England" (or, more properly,
>> "The Twickenham worldwide invitational XV") are by far the highest
>> recipient of players from other countries.
>>
>>> you are seriously suggesting that at 21 he was the finished article?
>>> He's learnt his rugby in England, face the facts. Now, get back to
>>> scouring the Tongan ghettos for your next winger.
>> Please name a Tongan born player that has played on the wing for the ABs.
>
> Hmmm - a tough one. Does it help that I know the Ghanaian born player
> who plays on the wing for England?

Do you mean born of Ghanaian parents or born in Ghana?

--
Andy

29 Jan 2007 07:09:50
oob
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 06:57:10 +0000, Andy Mulhearn wrote:

> Greig Blanchett wrote:
>>> "The Twickenham worldwide invitational XV") are by far the highest
>>> recipient of players from other countries.

>>> Please name a Tongan born player that has played on the wing for the ABs.
>>
>> Hmmm - a tough one. Does it help that I know the Ghanaian born player
>> who plays on the wing for England?
>
> Do you mean born of Ghanaian parents or born in Ghana?

Immaterial. He qualified through adoption by English parents when he was
27.

29 Jan 2007 07:40:11
didgerman
Re: Ward-Smith out

oob wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:07:52 +0000, didgerman wrote:
>
>> Dave Keegan wrote:

>>> Didge wrote :His real
>>> parents don't seem to have been Kiwis in any case....
>>>
>>> Part Maori, born in NZ...what are the odds at least one wasn't
>>> Kiwi?
>>>

>>> And:He's played most of his rugby in England, so we're more entitled
>>> to him
>>>
>>> No, by doing the math he's played 8 years playing Rugby in NZ, 7
>>> in England.
>>>
>>> and:he spent his formative years in one of England's rugby
>>> strongholds, Cornwall.
>>>
>>> Yes he did, playing soccer. He arrived back in NZ as a 13 y/o
>>> soccer player and credits his years 13-21 spent in NZ as being the big
>>> influence on him Rugby wise.
>>>
>>> But he has every right to play his rugby for England, and good on
>>> him. Just pointing out that you and Simon, surprisingly, are skilled
>>> spin doctors.
>>>

>>> Keegan...
>>>
>> Of course, he spent further formative years playing in England
>
> His formative rugby years were at PNBHS and Massey University, in the
> Manawatu, which is in New Zealand.

Get a grip, he's learnt more at Bristol in 6 months than at that place.

>> after his
>> trip abroad to New Zealand, but let's not think about that if it gets in
>
> His trip HOME to NZ.

Not what he says.....

>> the way of fanboy Kiwis proudly announcing that a 'kiwi' plays for
>> England.....
>
> MANY Kiwis play for "England."

Again I'd have to congratulate you on knowing the team before Ashton does...
Of course, we could dig up all the stats to see how many English players
played for the ABs back in the day, but let's not go there....

>> He also claims to be a quarter Lebanese and a quarter Scottish,
>> suggesting his real parents weren't from New Zealand. He has every right
>> to play for New Zealand, but when you add up the facts, he's more
>> qualified for England than anyone else.
>
> Aside from being born a Maori, to Kiwis, in New Zealand, living most of
> his life in NZ, going to school and university in NZ.

1/4 Maori, but hey, you take what you can get.

> There's really no educating the Sun-reading sheeple of the U.K. is there?
> Go on Didge, tell us how Jonah is a "Tongan."

He 'feels' Tongan, and that's what counts.

29 Jan 2007 07:44:03
didgerman
Re: Ward-Smith out

oob wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:11:51 +0000, didgerman wrote:
>> So in an effort to support your laughable claim to this foreign player,
>> and let's be honest, New Zealand are the World's best at fielding
>> players from other countries,
>
> As has been shown on countless occasions, "England" (or, more properly,
> "The Twickenham worldwide invitational XV") are by far the highest
> recipient of players from other countries.

Who wouldn't want to try? We can't turn them all down.

>> you are seriously suggesting that at 21 he was the finished article?
>> He's learnt his rugby in England, face the facts. Now, get back to
>> scouring the Tongan ghettos for your next winger.
>
> Please name a Tongan born player that has played on the wing for the ABs.

Do' P. Faka.

29 Jan 2007 20:59:22
Greig Blanchett
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 07:44:03 GMT, didgerman <didgerman@rfu.com > wrote:

>oob wrote:
>> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:11:51 +0000, didgerman wrote:
>>> So in an effort to support your laughable claim to this foreign player,
>>> and let's be honest, New Zealand are the World's best at fielding
>>> players from other countries,
>>
>> As has been shown on countless occasions, "England" (or, more properly,
>> "The Twickenham worldwide invitational XV") are by far the highest
>> recipient of players from other countries.
>
>Who wouldn't want to try? We can't turn them all down.
>

>>> you are seriously suggesting that at 21 he was the finished article?
>>> He's learnt his rugby in England, face the facts. Now, get back to
>>> scouring the Tongan ghettos for your next winger.
>>
>> Please name a Tongan born player that has played on the wing for the ABs.
>
>Do' P. Faka.

Oooh, a little bit controversial there, Didge. I suppose you call the
guy runs the corner shop Mr Poppadum and all.

--
greig

29 Jan 2007 08:18:40
didgerman
Re: Ward-Smith out

Greig Blanchett wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 07:44:03 GMT, didgerman <didgerman@rfu.com> wrote:
>
>> oob wrote:
>>> As has been shown on countless occasions, "England" (or, more properly,
>>> "The Twickenham worldwide invitational XV") are by far the highest
>>> recipient of players from other countries.
>> Who wouldn't want to try? We can't turn them all down.

>>> Please name a Tongan born player that has played on the wing for the ABs.
>> Do' P. Faka.
>
> Oooh, a little bit controversial there, Didge. I suppose you call the
> guy runs the corner shop Mr Poppadum and all.

oob's the dopey fucker....
I call the guy in the cornershop Jo, although I suspect that isn't his
real name....

> --
> greig

29 Jan 2007 09:39:19
The Green Phantom
Re: Ward-Smith out

didgerman wrote:
> oob wrote:

>>> Of course, he spent further formative years playing in England
>>
>> His formative rugby years were at PNBHS and Massey University, in the
>> Manawatu, which is in New Zealand.
>
> Get a grip, he's learnt more at Bristol in 6 months than at that place.
>

>>> after his
>>> trip abroad to New Zealand, but let's not think about that if it gets in
>>
>> His trip HOME to NZ.
>
> Not what he says.....
>

>>> the way of fanboy Kiwis proudly announcing that a 'kiwi' plays for
>>> England.....
>>
>> MANY Kiwis play for "England."
>
> Again I'd have to congratulate you on knowing the team before Ashton
> does...
> Of course, we could dig up all the stats to see how many English players
> played for the ABs back in the day, but let's not go there....
>

>>> He also claims to be a quarter Lebanese and a quarter Scottish,
>>> suggesting his real parents weren't from New Zealand. He has every right
>>> to play for New Zealand, but when you add up the facts, he's more
>>> qualified for England than anyone else.
>>
>> Aside from being born a Maori, to Kiwis, in New Zealand, living most of
>> his life in NZ, going to school and university in NZ.
>
> 1/4 Maori, but hey, you take what you can get.
>

>> There's really no educating the Sun-reading sheeple of the U.K. is there?
>> Go on Didge, tell us how Jonah is a "Tongan."
>
> He 'feels' Tongan, and that's what counts.

I'd like to feel... hmmm better not go there.

regards

The Green Phantom

29 Jan 2007 10:17:05
oob
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:39:19 +0000, The Green Phantom wrote:
> I'd like to feel... hmmm better not go there.

http://strangepersons.com/images/content/113714.jpg

29 Jan 2007 10:22:37
Chris D
Re: Ward-Smith out

"didgerman" <didgerman@rfu.com > wrote in message
> Shitola.....
>
> Out until the summer tour at the earliest.
> This means more Corry and/or Dallyo.

Sounded really unpleasant . . . a quote from Richard Hill after the match:

"Dan's injury really shocked the players . . . it's not nice when you see a
hole where your kneecap was, . . ."

Popped back on the pitch, apparently. Ouch!

29 Jan 2007 02:32:54
Stex
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Jan 29, 6:47 pm, "Andrew Dunford" <adunf...@artifax.net > wrote:
> "oob" <oobapal...@spam.no> wrote in messagenews:epjf5o$rbl$3@lust.ihug.co.nz...
>
> > On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:11:51 +0000, didgerman wrote:
> >> So in an effort to support your laughable claim to this foreign player,
> >> and let's be honest, New Zealand are the World's best at fielding
> >> players from other countries,
>
> > As has been shown on countless occasions, "England" (or, more properly,
> > "The Twickenham worldwide invitational XV") are by far the highest
> > recipient of players from other countries.
>
> >> you are seriously suggesting that at 21 he was the finished article?
> >> He's learnt his rugby in England, face the facts. Now, get back to
> >> scouring the Tongan ghettos for your next winger.
>
> > Please name a Tongan born player that has played on the wing for the ABs.Pita Alatini, who replaced Tana Umaga on the wing during the third-place
> playoff at RWC 1999.
>
> Andrew

Looks like he was asking for it judging by his player profile

"Because of travels Alatini played NPC rugby for four different
unions, Counties-Manukau, Southland, Otago and Wellington (81 matches
in all) and his 72 Super 12 matches were for four of New Zealand's
five franchises: Crusaders, Chiefs, Highlanders and Hurricanes."

Stex

30 Jan 2007 00:01:08
Andrew Dunford
Re: Ward-Smith out

"Stex" <stex2727@yahoo.com > wrote in message

> On Jan 29, 6:54 am, "Andrew Dunford" <adunf...@artifax.net> wrote:
>> "oob" <oobapal...@spam.no> wrote in
>> messagenews:epi42b$6ba$3@lust.ihug.co.nz...

>> > Not to worry, the foresight of placing Ashton's office physically
>> > inside
>> > Heathrow terminal 3 is bound to pay dividends now that "England" need a
>> > replacement.
>>
>> > "Hey! you with the rugby ball. Yes you! The one wearing the greenstone.
>> > Welcome to Britain.."You can't blame a bloke for getting the hell out
>> > of Palmerston North.
>>

> Hey, have you had that 'good day' in Wellington yet. You know from
> the city slogan, 'you cant beat Wellington on a good day'. Hell I
> spent 5 years in that place waiting for the good day.

Your timing is good: summer was on Saturday arvo.

Andrew

29 Jan 2007 06:45:27
William A. T. Clark
Re: Ward-Smith out

In article <1170042713.464712.115190@m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com >,
"Greig Blanchett" <greigb@nzrfu.com > wrote:

> On Jan 29, 4:32 pm, "William A. T. Clark" <clark...@osu.edu> wrote:
> > In article <1170019663.937026.316...@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com>,
> > "Greig Blanchett" <gre...@nzrfu.com> wrote:
> > > Face it, we don't hype our players up and we don't keep them waiting
> > > in the wings for ever. If they're good enough, they're old enough, and
> > > that's always been the way in NZ rugby. Nepia, Nathan, Kirwan, Wilson,
> > > Cullen. It's only the poms that work this the other way round - if
> > > they're old enough, they MUST be good enough. I guess you're beginning
> > > to see the problem with this method since most of the RWC '03 team has
> > > now qualified for their OAP bus passes, died of old age, or are busy
> > > test driving zimmer frames as we speak.
> >
> >Or looking at their pictures with Bill - something your superheroes
> > haven't done in twenty years.
> >
> > William Clark
>
> Hello Mr Clark. Is this Mr "John Bull" Clark or Mr "Paddy" Clark we
> have the pleasure of today? You seem to latch on to the poms when it
> comes to rugby as quickly as mg latches on to the ABs. Do you have a
> ten inch tally whacker too?
>
> --
> greig

No, but I do have an IQ above room temperature, and no chip on either
shoulder.

You?

William Clark

29 Jan 2007 06:59:37
Dave Keegan
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Jan 28, 10:32 pm, "William A. T. Clark" <clark...@osu.edu > wrote:
> In article <1170019663.937026.316...@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com>,
> "Greig Blanchett" <gre...@nzrfu.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 29, 9:34 am, didgerman <didger...@rfu.com> wrote:
> > > Mind boggling isn't it?
> > > Anyway.....
> > > So if Carter was the finished article at 21, how come he was playing 12
> > > when he was clearly a better 10 than Spencer? Aha ...
>
> > Because that slap headed dirt tracking fool Mitchell couldn't pick his
> > nose without spending a weekend retreat with his life coach
> > empathising with the soon-to-be-discarded bogey.
>
> > Face it, we don't hype our players up and we don't keep them waiting
> > in the wings for ever. If they're good enough, they're old enough, and
> > that's always been the way in NZ rugby. Nepia, Nathan, Kirwan, Wilson,
> > Cullen. It's only the poms that work this the other way round - if
> > they're old enough, they MUST be good enough. I guess you're beginning
> > to see the problem with this method since most of the RWC '03 team has
> > now qualified for their OAP bus passes, died of old age, or are busy
> > test driving zimmer frames as we speak.
>
> > --
> > greigOr looking at their pictures with Bill - something your superheroes
> haven't done in twenty years.
>
> William Clark-

But they have done it William. And they'll do it again. I know it's
that confidence that gets your goat and causes your Arrogance Alert to
give off false readings, but for now you will have to satisfy yourself
with that antique Munster victory over a dirt tracker All Black B team
as the one peg to hang your bitter hat on.

Keegan...

29 Jan 2007 10:25:37
William A. T. Clark
Re: Ward-Smith out

In article <1170082777.694944.201410@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com >,
"Dave Keegan" <rugby@budweiser.com > wrote:

> On Jan 28, 10:32 pm, "William A. T. Clark" <clark...@osu.edu> wrote:
> > In article <1170019663.937026.316...@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Because that slap headed dirt tracking fool Mitchell couldn't pick his
> > > nose without spending a weekend retreat with his life coach
> > > empathising with the soon-to-be-discarded bogey.
> >
> > > Face it, we don't hype our players up and we don't keep them waiting
> > > in the wings for ever. If they're good enough, they're old enough, and
> > > that's always been the way in NZ rugby. Nepia, Nathan, Kirwan, Wilson,
> > > Cullen. It's only the poms that work this the other way round - if
> > > they're old enough, they MUST be good enough. I guess you're beginning
> > > to see the problem with this method since most of the RWC '03 team has
> > > now qualified for their OAP bus passes, died of old age, or are busy
> > > test driving zimmer frames as we speak.
> >
> > > --
> > > greigOr looking at their pictures with Bill - something your superheroes
> > haven't done in twenty years.
> >
> > William Clark-
>
> But they have done it William. And they'll do it again. I know it's
> that confidence that gets your goat and causes your Arrogance Alert to
> give off false readings, but for now you will have to satisfy yourself
> with that antique Munster victory over a dirt tracker All Black B team
> as the one peg to hang your bitter hat on.
>
> Keegan...

Actually it was written with my sense of humour hat on - too bad you
guys don't seem to have one in your national psyche.

Our American friends would refer to the need to "lighten up".

William Clark

29 Jan 2007 15:59:40
didgerman
Re: Ward-Smith out

Dave Keegan wrote:

> On Jan 28, 10:32 pm, "William A. T. Clark" <clark...@osu.edu> wrote:
>> In article <1170019663.937026.316...@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com>,

>>> Because that slap headed dirt tracking fool Mitchell couldn't pick his
>>> nose without spending a weekend retreat with his life coach
>>> empathising with the soon-to-be-discarded bogey.
>>> Face it, we don't hype our players up and we don't keep them waiting
>>> in the wings for ever. If they're good enough, they're old enough, and
>>> that's always been the way in NZ rugby. Nepia, Nathan, Kirwan, Wilson,
>>> Cullen. It's only the poms that work this the other way round - if
>>> they're old enough, they MUST be good enough. I guess you're beginning
>>> to see the problem with this method since most of the RWC '03 team has
>>> now qualified for their OAP bus passes, died of old age, or are busy
>>> test driving zimmer frames as we speak.
>>> --
>>> greigOr looking at their pictures with Bill - something your superheroes
>> haven't done in twenty years.
>>
>> William Clark-
>
> But they have done it William. And they'll do it again. I know it's
> that confidence that gets your goat and causes your Arrogance Alert to
> give off false readings, but for now you will have to satisfy yourself
> with that antique Munster victory over a dirt tracker All Black B team
> as the one peg to hang your bitter hat on.
>
> Keegan...

If the Munster victory is an antique, then New Zealand world cup win
memorabilia must be getting collectable by now..... Only 10 years apart
iirc.....
Anyway, New Zealand's win was /snorts amateur. Or at least, most teams
were still amateur when they lifted it.....

29 Jan 2007 08:11:07
Dave Keegan
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Jan 29, 10:25 am, "William A. T. Clark" <clark...@nospamosu.edu >
wrote:
> In article <1170082777.694944.201...@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>,
> "Dave Keegan" <r...@budweiser.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 28, 10:32 pm, "William A. T. Clark" <clark...@osu.edu> wrote:

> > > haven't done in twenty years.
>
> > > William Clark-
>
> > But they have done it William. And they'll do it again. I know it's
> > that confidence that gets your goat and causes your Arrogance Alert to
> > give off false readings, but for now you will have to satisfy yourself
> > with that antique Munster victory over a dirt tracker All Black B team
> > as the one peg to hang your bitter hat on.
>
> > Keegan...Actually it was written with my sense of humour hat on - too bad you
> guys don't seem to have one in your national psyche.
>
> Our American friends would refer to the need to "lighten up".
>
> William Clark-

"I was only joking" is a response from lightweights, William. In
fact you take every opportunity to put it to the NZ supporters, and
you do it decidedly without humour and with a nasty edge.

It is interesting though, that when you get the same back the best
you can do is claim you were joking.

If I was Irish I would see nothing funny in my own teams world cup
performance, and would certainly wait until they at least make a final
before poking "fun" at others. But that's your cross to bear, not
mine.

Keegan...

29 Jan 2007 11:24:25
William A. T. Clark
Re: Ward-Smith out

In article <1170087067.410858.274520@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com >,
"Dave Keegan" <rugby@budweiser.com > wrote:

> On Jan 29, 10:25 am, "William A. T. Clark" <clark...@nospamosu.edu>
> wrote:
> > In article <1170082777.694944.201...@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>,

> > > But they have done it William. And they'll do it again. I know it's
> > > that confidence that gets your goat and causes your Arrogance Alert to
> > > give off false readings, but for now you will have to satisfy yourself
> > > with that antique Munster victory over a dirt tracker All Black B team
> > > as the one peg to hang your bitter hat on.
> >
> > > Keegan...Actually it was written with my sense of humour hat on - too
> > > bad you
> > guys don't seem to have one in your national psyche.
> >
> > Our American friends would refer to the need to "lighten up".
> >
> > William Clark-
>

> "I was only joking" is a response from lightweights, William. In
> fact you take every opportunity to put it to the NZ supporters, and
> you do it decidedly without humour and with a nasty edge.
>
> It is interesting though, that when you get the same back the best
> you can do is claim you were joking.
>
> If I was Irish I would see nothing funny in my own teams world cup
> performance, and would certainly wait until they at least make a final
> before poking "fun" at others. But that's your cross to bear, not
> mine.
>
> Keegan...

LIke many from up here, we "do it" because you guys take yourselves so
bloody seriously. My response was to Greig's post, which was way over
the top (as all his are), and not likely to produce a moderate response.

In the final analysis, it is only a game, and the world will continue to
spin on its axis regardless of who wins RWC 2007. If you all can't see
that, and have to imbue it with some other earth shattering import, then
that's your problem. My life does not rise or fall by how Ireland, the
Lions, or the Buckeyes, perform - that's entertainment. Likewise with
the UseNet.

Sermon off.

Oh, yes - "have a nice day".

William Clark

29 Jan 2007 08:26:21
Dave Keegan
Re: Ward-Smith out

didgerman wrote:
> Dave Keegan wrote:
> >
> > On Jan 28, 10:32 pm, "William A. T. Clark" <clark...@osu.edu> wrote:

> >> haven't done in twenty years.
> >>
> >> William Clark-
> >
> > But they have done it William. And they'll do it again. I know it's
> > that confidence that gets your goat and causes your Arrogance Alert to
> > give off false readings, but for now you will have to satisfy yourself
> > with that antique Munster victory over a dirt tracker All Black B team
> > as the one peg to hang your bitter hat on.
> >
> > Keegan...
> >

> If the Munster victory is an antique, then New Zealand world cup win
> memorabilia must be getting collectable by now..... Only 10 years apart
> iirc.....
> Anyway, New Zealand's win was /snorts amateur. Or at least, most teams
> were still amateur when they lifted it.....

I'm such a one-eyed kiwi fanboy that none of that matters,
dontchaknow?

I'm off to paint the cat black

Keegan...

29 Jan 2007 16:31:10
didgerman
Re: Ward-Smith out

Dave Keegan wrote:
> didgerman wrote:
>> Dave Keegan wrote:

>>> But they have done it William. And they'll do it again. I know it's
>>> that confidence that gets your goat and causes your Arrogance Alert to
>>> give off false readings, but for now you will have to satisfy yourself
>>> with that antique Munster victory over a dirt tracker All Black B team
>>> as the one peg to hang your bitter hat on.
>>>
>>> Keegan...
>>>

>> If the Munster victory is an antique, then New Zealand world cup win
>> memorabilia must be getting collectable by now..... Only 10 years apart
>> iirc.....
>> Anyway, New Zealand's win was /snorts amateur. Or at least, most teams
>> were still amateur when they lifted it.....
>
> I'm such a one-eyed kiwi fanboy that none of that matters,
> dontchaknow?
>
> I'm off to paint the cat black
>
> Keegan...

You have a cat that isn't black?

29 Jan 2007 18:40:08
Mike
Re: Ward-Smith out

Greig Blanchett wrote:
> On Jan 29, 9:34 am, didgerman <didger...@rfu.com> wrote:
>> Mind boggling isn't it?
>> Anyway.....
>> So if Carter was the finished article at 21, how come he was playing 12
>> when he was clearly a better 10 than Spencer? Aha ...
>
> Because that slap headed dirt tracking fool Mitchell couldn't pick his
> nose without spending a weekend retreat with his life coach
> empathising with the soon-to-be-discarded bogey.
>
> Face it, we don't hype our players up and we don't keep them waiting
> in the wings for ever. If they're good enough, they're old enough, and
> that's always been the way in NZ rugby. Nepia, Nathan, Kirwan, Wilson,
> Cullen. It's only the poms that work this the other way round - if
> they're old enough, they MUST be good enough. I guess you're beginning
> to see the problem with this method since most of the RWC '03 team has
> now qualified for their OAP bus passes, died of old age, or are busy
> test driving zimmer frames as we speak.
>
> --
> greig

Must have really hurt that your bright young things couldn't beat them.

Mike

29 Jan 2007 12:31:21
Greig Blanchett
Re: Ward-Smith out

On Jan 30, 7:40 am, Mike <diespammers...@kiwifanboyssuck.com > wrote:
> Greig Blanchett wrote:
> > On Jan 29, 9:34 am, didgerman <didger...@rfu.com> wrote:
> >> Mind boggling isn't it?
> >> Anyway.....
> >> So if Carter was the finished article at 21, how come he was playing 12
> >> when he was clearly a better 10 than Spencer? Aha ...
>
> > Because that slap headed dirt tracking fool Mitchell couldn't pick his
> > nose without spending a weekend retreat with his life coach
> > empathising with the soon-to-be-discarded bogey.
>
> > Face it, we don't hype our players up and we don't keep them waiting
> > in the wings for ever. If they're good enough, they're old enough, and
> > that's always been the way in NZ rugby. Nepia, Nathan, Kirwan, Wilson,
> > Cullen. It's only the poms that work this the other way round - if
> > they're old enough, they MUST be good enough. I guess you're beginning
> > to see the problem with this method since most of the RWC '03 team has
> > now qualified for their OAP bus passes, died of old age, or are busy
> > test driving zimmer frames as we speak.
>
> > --
> > greig

> Must have really hurt that your bright young things couldn't beat them.
>
> Mike

Actually Mike, if you were to Google back to just before that
Wellington test, I posted here that the poms would win and the reasons
why they would beat us, and it turned out I was correct on pretty much
everything. Still, there were only a few points in it and I didn't
think they'd struggle as much as they did. In fact, if that damn fool
Mitchell had packed a kicker, we'd have won, which would have been
nice.

--
greig