27 Apr 2005 09:45:27
didgerman
Tinders coming back

Looks like Tindall will be back for Bath this weekend. If he starts charging
around the pitch, pulls off some good kicking and maybe even kicks a goal or
two, I reckon he's got a good chance of playing inside of BoD.
Dawson, RoG, Tinders, BoD?

27 Apr 2005 21:58:28
Hamish
Re: Tinders coming back

> Looks like Tindall will be back for Bath this weekend. If he starts
charging
> around the pitch, pulls off some good kicking and maybe even kicks a goal
or
> two, I reckon he's got a good chance of playing inside of BoD.
> Dawson, RoG, Tinders, BoD?

I thought you didn't rate BoD?

27 Apr 2005 11:19:38
didgerman
Re: Tinders coming back

"Hamish" <h.dean@xtra.co.nz > wrote in message
>> Looks like Tindall will be back for Bath this weekend. If he starts
> charging
>> around the pitch, pulls off some good kicking and maybe even kicks a goal
> or
>> two, I reckon he's got a good chance of playing inside of BoD.
>> Dawson, RoG, Tinders, BoD?
>
> I thought you didn't rate BoD?

Well, based on his 6N performance he wasn't the best choice. He has played
well in the past, the recent past to be fair, but I wouldn't have picked him
first. TBH, I'm not sure I would've taken him at all after the Welsh game.
Still, he's in the test side now and that's it. I just hope he doesn't kick
away any good scoring chances like he did against France.
If he gets his previous form back I'd look forward to see him playing with
JR on his shoulder, two very similar players in many respects.

27 Apr 2005 23:31:12
Hamish
Re: Tinders coming back

> >> Looks like Tindall will be back for Bath this weekend. If he starts
> > charging
> >> around the pitch, pulls off some good kicking and maybe even kicks a
goal
> > or
> >> two, I reckon he's got a good chance of playing inside of BoD.
> >> Dawson, RoG, Tinders, BoD?
> >
> > I thought you didn't rate BoD?
> >

> Well, based on his 6N performance he wasn't the best choice. He has played
> well in the past, the recent past to be fair, but I wouldn't have picked
him
> first. TBH, I'm not sure I would've taken him at all after the Welsh game.
> Still, he's in the test side now and that's it. I just hope he doesn't
kick
> away any good scoring chances like he did against France.
> If he gets his previous form back I'd look forward to see him playing with
> JR on his shoulder, two very similar players in many respects.

He'll only be matching up against Umaga, so it'll be the battle of who is
the most overrated.

27 Apr 2005 14:02:18
Walter Mitty
Re: Tinders coming back

didgerman wrote:
> Looks like Tindall will be back for Bath this weekend. If he starts charging
> around the pitch, pulls off some good kicking and maybe even kicks a goal or
> two, I reckon he's got a good chance of playing inside of BoD.
> Dawson, RoG, Tinders, BoD?

DAWSON? You *have* to be on one of your fishing expeditions.

TINDERS (WTF is he?) : I guess you mean Tindall - what has he done to
show he's Lions class?

Give over.

27 Apr 2005 13:38:26
Iwan Davies
Re: Tinders coming back

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:45:27 GMT, didgerman wrote:

> Looks like Tindall will be back for Bath this weekend. If he starts charging
> around the pitch, pulls off some good kicking and maybe even kicks a goal or
> two, I reckon he's got a good chance of playing inside of BoD.
> Dawson, RoG, Tinders, BoD?

Well, that's half the bench for the dirt-trackers I suppose (assuming
"Tinders" has put on sufficient weight to oust Sheridan from the prop cover
spot). Personally, I reckon "Tinders" has a better chance of playing inside
Zara Phillips this summer...

Iwan

27 Apr 2005 14:36:11
Simon Stovin-Bradford
Re: Tinders coming back

"didgerman" <aw990012@hotmail.com > wrote in message
> Looks like Tindall will be back for Bath this weekend. If he starts
> charging around the pitch, pulls off some good kicking and maybe even
> kicks a goal or two, I reckon he's got a good chance of playing inside of
> BoD.
> Dawson, RoG, Tinders, BoD?

Apparently he's not 100% and is rushing as (a) he'd like to be considered
for the tour and (b) after so many years he'd like a game to say goodbye to
the Bath fans.

Although the RWC semi showed the value of a boshing centre, after all the
moaning from the Welsh, do you really think SCW can leave out the
permatanned nancy boy?

27 Apr 2005 16:21:33
didgerman
Re: Tinders coming back

"Simon Stovin-Bradford" <Simon.Stovin-Bradford@nospooge.cern.ch > wrote in
message news:d4o0vr$fuu$1@sunnews.cern.ch...

> "didgerman" <aw990012@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Looks like Tindall will be back for Bath this weekend. If he starts
>> charging around the pitch, pulls off some good kicking and maybe even
>> kicks a goal or two, I reckon he's got a good chance of playing inside of
>> BoD.
>> Dawson, RoG, Tinders, BoD?
>>
> Apparently he's not 100% and is rushing as (a) he'd like to be considered
> for the tour and (b) after so many years he'd like a game to say goodbye
> to the Bath fans.
>
> Although the RWC semi showed the value of a boshing centre, after all the
> moaning from the Welsh, do you really think SCW can leave out the
> permatanned nancy boy?

He'll have to prove himself in the weekly side first I should think, or
against Argentina, which is probably the toughest game the Lions will play.

27 Apr 2005 16:22:27
didgerman
Re: Tinders coming back

"Iwan Davies" <NOSPAM-iwan.davies@translutions.co.uk > wrote in message
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:45:27 GMT, didgerman wrote:
>
>> Looks like Tindall will be back for Bath this weekend. If he starts
>> charging
>> around the pitch, pulls off some good kicking and maybe even kicks a goal
>> or
>> two, I reckon he's got a good chance of playing inside of BoD.
>> Dawson, RoG, Tinders, BoD?
>
> Well, that's half the bench for the dirt-trackers I suppose (assuming
> "Tinders" has put on sufficient weight to oust Sheridan from the prop
> cover
> spot). Personally, I reckon "Tinders" has a better chance of playing
> inside
> Zara Phillips this summer...
>
> Iwan

I suspect you're Welsh, and don't get the idea of the Lions at all....

27 Apr 2005 19:12:27
Iwan Davies
Re: Tinders coming back

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:22:27 GMT, didgerman wrote:

> "Iwan Davies" <NOSPAM-iwan.davies@translutions.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:45:27 GMT, didgerman wrote:
>>
>>> Looks like Tindall will be back for Bath this weekend. If he starts
>>> charging around the pitch, pulls off some good kicking and maybe even
>>> kicks a goal or two, I reckon he's got a good chance of playing inside
>>> of BoD. Dawson, RoG, Tinders, BoD?
>>
>> Well, that's half the bench for the dirt-trackers I suppose (assuming
>> "Tinders" has put on sufficient weight to oust Sheridan from the prop
>> cover spot). Personally, I reckon "Tinders" has a better chance of
>> playing inside Zara Phillips this summer...
>>
>> Iwan
>
> I suspect you're Welsh, and don't get the idea of the Lions at all....

Half right again, Titchyman - you're getting better at this. I do hope the
matches are on at a reasonable hour, so you don't have to miss too much
school while you're learning about the idea of Lions tours, courtesy of
Henson, BoD, Shane Williams, et al.

Iwan

27 Apr 2005 18:19:18

> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:22:27 GMT, didgerman wrote:
>
>> "Iwan Davies" <NOSPAM-iwan.davies@translutions.co.uk> wrote in message

>>> Well, that's half the bench for the dirt-trackers I suppose (assuming
>>> "Tinders" has put on sufficient weight to oust Sheridan from the prop
>>> cover spot). Personally, I reckon "Tinders" has a better chance of
>>> playing inside Zara Phillips this summer...
>>>
>>> Iwan
>>
>> I suspect you're Welsh, and don't get the idea of the Lions at all....
>
> Half right again, Titchyman - you're getting better at this. I do hope the
> matches are on at a reasonable hour, so you don't have to miss too much
> school while you're learning about the idea of Lions tours, courtesy of
> Henson, BoD, Shane Williams, et al.
>
> Iwan

I first saw the Lions play in the seventies. Henson and Shane Williams won't
be in the test side.
Are you sure you're not Bluetit?
Or possibly some close relation, brother, cousin, or both?

28 Apr 2005 08:11:49
Lo
Re: Tinders coming back

> He'll have to prove himself in the weekly side first I should think, or
> against Argentina, which is probably the toughest game the Lions will
> play.

Big talk from someone who won't even lay decent wedge on the Lions to win
3 - 0.

Lo.

27 Apr 2005 23:41:57
Walter Mitty
Re: Tinders coming back

Lo wrote:
>>He'll have to prove himself in the weekly side first I should think, or
>>against Argentina, which is probably the toughest game the Lions will
>>play.
>

> Big talk from someone who won't even lay decent wedge on the Lions to win
> 3 - 0.

Where Didge comes from, a pound is enough for a fish supper etc etc etc ...

28 Apr 2005 06:27:42
Martyn Winters
Re: Tinders coming back

"Simon Stovin-Bradford" <Simon.Stovin-Bradford@nospooge.cern.ch > wrote in message news:<d4o0vr$fuu$1@sunnews.cern.ch>...
> "didgerman" <aw990012@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Looks like Tindall will be back for Bath this weekend. If he starts
> > charging around the pitch, pulls off some good kicking and maybe even
> > kicks a goal or two, I reckon he's got a good chance of playing inside of
> > BoD.
> > Dawson, RoG, Tinders, BoD?
> >
> Apparently he's not 100% and is rushing as (a) he'd like to be considered
> for the tour and (b) after so many years he'd like a game to say goodbye to
> the Bath fans.
>
> Although the RWC semi showed the value of a boshing centre, after all the
> moaning from the Welsh, do you really think SCW can leave out the
> permatanned nancy boy?

Tindall is not a bad player in my view. He has more about him than
plain old bash, and I'd seriously consider him for a Lions job. The
job I had in mind is shaking a charity tin in Penarth High Street with
the local Lions, they need a bit of threat about them, having long
since been ousted by the South Wales Chapter of the WI, although I
doubt even Tindall can deal with them. BTW Is he any relation to the
leader of Britain's Nazi Party? As for the other Lions, I would rather
put one of my mother's bread puddings in the number 12 shirt... come
to think of it, not much difference.

28 Apr 2005 15:24:43
Bulldog
Re: Tinders coming back

Tindall is an outside centre....does not have the speed of thought or
hand speed for 12.

29 Apr 2005 08:56:27
didgerman
Re: Tinders coming back

"Bulldog" <dickson99@aol.com > wrote in message
> Tindall is an outside centre....does not have the speed of thought or
> hand speed for 12.

You reckon? We'll see. Until his last injury I thought he stood a good
chance of getting the 12 shirt for England, his kicking isn't bad at all
now, and he can run some good lines after taking the ball at speed. It's all
horses for courses in that area, but I reckon him and Barkley have the job
for some time to come.
Who knows about the Lions though......nobody knows what CW will do...

29 Apr 2005 18:28:06
John Williams
Re: Tinders coming back

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 08:56:27 GMT, "didgerman" <aw990012@hotmail.com >
wrote:

>"Bulldog" <dickson99@aol.com> wrote in message
>> Tindall is an outside centre....does not have the speed of thought or
>> hand speed for 12.
>>

>You reckon? We'll see. Until his last injury I thought he stood a good
>chance of getting the 12 shirt for England, his kicking isn't bad at all
>now, and he can run some good lines after taking the ball at speed. It's all
>horses for courses in that area, but I reckon him and Barkley have the job
>for some time to come.

Look out for Leeds IC Chris Bell. He may register quite quickly.

--

Regards,
John Williams

02 May 2005 11:36:34
Simon Stovin-Bradford
Re: Tinders coming back

"John Williams" <tigerphileNOSPAM@THANKSntlworld.com > wrote in message
> On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 08:56:27 GMT, "didgerman" <aw990012@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>>"Bulldog" <dickson99@aol.com> wrote in message
>>> Tindall is an outside centre....does not have the speed of thought or
>>> hand speed for 12.
>>>

>>You reckon? We'll see. Until his last injury I thought he stood a good
>>chance of getting the 12 shirt for England, his kicking isn't bad at all
>>now, and he can run some good lines after taking the ball at speed. It's
>>all
>>horses for courses in that area, but I reckon him and Barkley have the job
>>for some time to come.
>
> Look out for Leeds IC Chris Bell. He may register quite quickly.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> John Williams

02 May 2005 11:47:46

message news:d54sb2$52g$1@sunnews.cern.ch...

> "John Williams" <tigerphileNOSPAM@THANKSntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 08:56:27 GMT, "didgerman" <aw990012@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"Bulldog" <dickson99@aol.com> wrote in message
>>>>

>>>You reckon? We'll see. Until his last injury I thought he stood a good
>>>chance of getting the 12 shirt for England, his kicking isn't bad at all
>>>now, and he can run some good lines after taking the ball at speed. It's
>>>all
>>>horses for courses in that area, but I reckon him and Barkley have the
>>>job
>>>for some time to come.
>>
>> Look out for Leeds IC Chris Bell. He may register quite quickly.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Williams

oops - blank one.

Bell has impressed me when they've played Bath (scored the first try in the
cup), and he did again on Saturday. I know it's a tired old cliche, but he's
one of those players that always looks like he has time. Barkley still looks
out of position at 12 to me - the kids a natural 10. They brought Malone in
to take some of the pressure off the him, but I wonder now the Aussie
influence is off if he'll revert. He should do as Bell has outplayed him a
couple of times now, and I honestly think he's got the potential to be a
better 10 than Hodgson.