29 Jan 2008 14:06:42
Dave (SA)
The Fun Police hit Wellington 7s

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=10489343&ref=rss

That's the message from Wellington police who say they will not allow
rugby fans to wear the skimpy swimsuit of movie star Borat at a rugby
sevens tournament in the city this weekend.

Reckon they have made a mistake here. Such bans are more likely to
encourage people pushing the envelope


30 Jan 2008 18:04:28
Apteryx
Re: The Fun Police hit Wellington 7s

"Dave (SA)" <david.baker.sa@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:703a6fbe-48aa-4b8f-b08d-74732d753f81@q21g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...
> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=10489343&ref=rss
>
> That's the message from Wellington police who say they will not allow
> rugby fans to wear the skimpy swimsuit of movie star Borat at a rugby
> sevens tournament in the city this weekend.
>
> Reckon they have made a mistake here. Such bans are more likely to
> encourage people pushing the envelope

They may have made a mistake, but I don't think its that. They have full
control of the ground and can exclude anyone "pushing the envelope" beyond
where they want it pushed.

The mistake may be in the publicity discouraging fans from pushing the
envelope in ways that would actually be quite acceptable. Particularly when
the story is accompanied by photos of such innocuous costumes as the ones
shown in the Herald. That of course is not the banned costume. For anyone
who has just returned from 18 months in Kazakhstan and doesn't know what a
Borat wrestling costume looks like, this article shows the costume that was
actually banned - http://www.stuff.co.nz/4377793a26550.html

The Fun Police have in fact indicated the dress standard by publishing a set
of photos showing photos of 4 costumes that will be OK and one that won't -
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4377884a6000.html

For extra Fun, try scrolling through through the 5 photos without reading
the text below each one to try and spot the banned one.


--
Apteryx



30 Jan 2008 16:57:44
Larry Olivier
Re: The Fun Police hit Wellington 7s


"Dave (SA)" <david.baker.sa@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:703a6fbe-48aa-4b8f-b08d-74732d753f81@q21g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...
> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=10489343&ref=rss
>
> That's the message from Wellington police who say they will not allow
> rugby fans to wear the skimpy swimsuit of movie star Borat at a rugby
> sevens tournament in the city this weekend.
>
> Reckon they have made a mistake here. Such bans are more likely to
> encourage people pushing the envelope


Dave - you have not thought this through.Can you imagine Matua when
confronted with hundreds of men in Borat
sunbathing suits!

That, I'm sure, is the real reason for the ban.

There just would not be enough KY supplies to cope.




29 Jan 2008 22:27:19
Dave (SA)
Re: The Fun Police hit Wellington 7s

On Jan 30, 7:57 am, "Larry Olivier" <larry1...@swiftdsl.com.au > wrote:
> "Dave (SA)" <david.baker...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:703a6fbe-48aa-4b8f-b08d-74732d753f81@q21g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...
>
> >http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=1048934...
>
> > That's the message from Wellington police who say they will not allow
> > rugby fans to wear the skimpy swimsuit of movie star Borat at a rugby
> > sevens tournament in the city this weekend.
>
> > Reckon they have made a mistake here. Such bans are more likely to
> > encourage people pushing the envelope
>
> Dave - you have not thought this through.Can you imagine Matua when
> confronted with hundreds of men in Borat
> sunbathing suits!
>
> That, I'm sure, is the real reason for the ban.
>
> There just would not be enough KY supplies to cope.

Matua, I would imagine would be banned in jeans and a T Shirt
I have never even seen a picture of Matua (have seen oobs though)

But Larry you have planted a horrible image in my head thats goinfg to
take a day to get rid of


29 Jan 2008 22:33:41
Dave (SA)
Re: The Fun Police hit Wellington 7s

On Jan 30, 7:04 am, "Apteryx" <apte...@xtra.co.nz > wrote:
> "Dave (SA)" <david.baker...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:703a6fbe-48aa-4b8f-b08d-74732d753f81@q21g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...
>
> >http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=1048934...
>
> > That's the message from Wellington police who say they will not allow
> > rugby fans to wear the skimpy swimsuit of movie star Borat at a rugby
> > sevens tournament in the city this weekend.
>
> > Reckon they have made a mistake here. Such bans are more likely to
> > encourage people pushing the envelope
>
> They may have made a mistake, but I don't think its that. They have full
> control of the ground and can exclude anyone "pushing the envelope" beyond
> where they want it pushed.
>
> The mistake may be in the publicity discouraging fans from pushing the
> envelope in ways that would actually be quite acceptable. Particularly when
> the story is accompanied by photos of such innocuous costumes as the ones
> shown in the Herald. That of course is not the banned costume. For anyone
> who has just returned from 18 months in Kazakhstan and doesn't know what a
> Borat wrestling costume looks like, this article shows the costume that was
> actually banned -http://www.stuff.co.nz/4377793a26550.html
>
> The Fun Police have in fact indicated the dress standard by publishing a set
> of photos showing photos of 4 costumes that will be OK and one that won't -http://www.stuff.co.nz/4377884a6000.html
>
> For extra Fun, try scrolling through through the 5 photos without reading
> the text below each one to try and spot the banned one.
>
> --
> Apteryx

Just spotted this

- A public liquor ban running from 5pm to 8am on both Friday and
Saturday during the event;

What's the point of going?

Whilst one does not need booze to have fun it certainly helps

If people are having a beer or 3 in public and they behave
(relatively speaking) then what's the problem.
If they get aggressive then chuck em in jail
I hate laws that stop me have fun just because some immature twats
can't hold their booze or don't know when enough is enough

Do they serve beers on the stands? (in plastic mugs or whatever?)


30 Jan 2008 07:42:38
didgerman
Re: The Fun Police hit Wellington 7s

Apteryx wrote:
> "Dave (SA)" <david.baker.sa@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:703a6fbe-48aa-4b8f-b08d-74732d753f81@q21g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...
>> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=10489343&ref=rss
>>
>>
>> That's the message from Wellington police who say they will not allow
>> rugby fans to wear the skimpy swimsuit of movie star Borat at a rugby
>> sevens tournament in the city this weekend.
>>
>> Reckon they have made a mistake here. Such bans are more likely to
>> encourage people pushing the envelope
>
> They may have made a mistake, but I don't think its that. They have full
> control of the ground and can exclude anyone "pushing the envelope"
> beyond where they want it pushed.
>
> The mistake may be in the publicity discouraging fans from pushing the
> envelope in ways that would actually be quite acceptable. Particularly
> when the story is accompanied by photos of such innocuous costumes as
> the ones shown in the Herald. That of course is not the banned costume.
> For anyone who has just returned from 18 months in Kazakhstan and
> doesn't know what a Borat wrestling costume looks like, this article
> shows the costume that was actually banned -
> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4377793a26550.html
>
> The Fun Police have in fact indicated the dress standard by publishing a
> set of photos showing photos of 4 costumes that will be OK and one that
> won't - http://www.stuff.co.nz/4377884a6000.html
>
> For extra Fun, try scrolling through through the 5 photos without
> reading the text below each one to try and spot the banned one.
>
>

Holy shit, what a week for dopes the world over. I got to the last one
and thought that must be it, but no.
What's wrong with the Borat costume? Women have been wearing stuff like
that for years. I like mine, and I ain't letting anyone take it away....


30 Jan 2008 21:12:56
Neilsons
Re: The Fun Police hit Wellington 7s


"Dave (SA)" <david.baker.sa@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:bdfe4427-3f93-4684-be08-
>
> Just spotted this
>
> - A public liquor ban running from 5pm to 8am on both Friday and
> Saturday during the event;
>
> What's the point of going?
>
> Whilst one does not need booze to have fun it certainly helps
>
> If people are having a beer or 3 in public and they behave
> (relatively speaking) then what's the problem.
> If they get aggressive then chuck em in jail
> I hate laws that stop me have fun just because some immature twats
> can't hold their booze or don't know when enough is enough
>
> Do they serve beers on the stands? (in plastic mugs or whatever?)

The Public Liquor ban applies to carrying alcohol around in public - the
stadium is not classed as a public place therefore the alcohol will flow!
Usually the cops order the bars to only allow 2 beers per customer towards
the end of the night to try and keep a lid on things and on occasion have
shut the bars down an hour or so before the end of the night. The reality is
that most people don't care / notice by that stage and the party continues
on into town at the end of the days play. It is a huge party and Wellington
let's it's hair down for a couple of days.

Now I've just got to work out what to wear that not only is going to be
acceptable to the fashion police but also my 13 year old son!

Cheers, aMtt




31 Jan 2008 23:00:29
Dave Keegan
Re: The Fun Police hit Wellington 7s

On Jan 30, 2:42 am, didgerman <didger...@rfu.com > wrote:
> Apteryx wrote:
> > "Dave (SA)" <david.baker...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >news:703a6fbe-48aa-4b8f-b08d-74732d753f81@q21g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...
> >>http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=1048934...
>
> >> That's the message from Wellington police who say they will not allow
> >> rugby fans to wear the skimpy swimsuit of movie star Borat at a rugby
> >> sevens tournament in the city this weekend.
>
> >> Reckon they have made a mistake here. Such bans are more likely to
> >> encourage people pushing the envelope
>
> > They may have made a mistake, but I don't think its that. They have full
> > control of the ground and can exclude anyone "pushing the envelope"
> > beyond where they want it pushed.
>
> > The mistake may be in the publicity discouraging fans from pushing the
> > envelope in ways that would actually be quite acceptable. Particularly
> > when the story is accompanied by photos of such innocuous costumes as
> > the ones shown in the Herald. That of course is not the banned costume.
> > For anyone who has just returned from 18 months in Kazakhstan and
> > doesn't know what a Borat wrestling costume looks like, this article
> > shows the costume that was actually banned -
> >http://www.stuff.co.nz/4377793a26550.html
>
> > The Fun Police have in fact indicated the dress standard by publishing a
> > set of photos showing photos of 4 costumes that will be OK and one that
> > won't -http://www.stuff.co.nz/4377884a6000.html
>
> > For extra Fun, try scrolling through through the 5 photos without
> > reading the text below each one to try and spot the banned one.
>
> Holy shit, what a week for dopes the world over. I got to the last one
> and thought that must be it, but no.
> What's wrong with the Borat costume? Women have been wearing stuff like
> that for years. I like mine, and I ain't letting anyone take it away....

Don't let Matua see you in it, you'll have to improve mightily on
your 50m times to retain your virtue...

It'll bring a whole new meaning to Biathlete for you....

Keegan...


01 Feb 2008 09:25:39
didgerman
Re: The Fun Police hit Wellington 7s

Dave Keegan wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2:42 am, didgerman <didger...@rfu.com> wrote:
>> Apteryx wrote:
>>> "Dave (SA)" <david.baker...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:703a6fbe-48aa-4b8f-b08d-74732d753f81@q21g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...
>>>> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=1048934...
>>>> That's the message from Wellington police who say they will not allow
>>>> rugby fans to wear the skimpy swimsuit of movie star Borat at a rugby
>>>> sevens tournament in the city this weekend.
>>>> Reckon they have made a mistake here. Such bans are more likely to
>>>> encourage people pushing the envelope
>>> They may have made a mistake, but I don't think its that. They have full
>>> control of the ground and can exclude anyone "pushing the envelope"
>>> beyond where they want it pushed.
>>> The mistake may be in the publicity discouraging fans from pushing the
>>> envelope in ways that would actually be quite acceptable. Particularly
>>> when the story is accompanied by photos of such innocuous costumes as
>>> the ones shown in the Herald. That of course is not the banned costume.
>>> For anyone who has just returned from 18 months in Kazakhstan and
>>> doesn't know what a Borat wrestling costume looks like, this article
>>> shows the costume that was actually banned -
>>> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4377793a26550.html
>>> The Fun Police have in fact indicated the dress standard by publishing a
>>> set of photos showing photos of 4 costumes that will be OK and one that
>>> won't -http://www.stuff.co.nz/4377884a6000.html
>>> For extra Fun, try scrolling through through the 5 photos without
>>> reading the text below each one to try and spot the banned one.
>> Holy shit, what a week for dopes the world over. I got to the last one
>> and thought that must be it, but no.
>> What's wrong with the Borat costume? Women have been wearing stuff like
>> that for years. I like mine, and I ain't letting anyone take it away....
>
> Don't let Matua see you in it, you'll have to improve mightily on
> your 50m times to retain your virtue...
>
> It'll bring a whole new meaning to Biathlete for you....
>
> Keegan...

Ouch. Just imagine him hanging onto those straps and shouting tally ho.
/puts down breakfast.....


26 Feb 2008 14:16:39
Re: The Fun Police hit Wellington 7s

***That is not a referral link, no referrals.***

I started it a while ago and found thats it's an odd way to pass the
time.
You start out in a village. You must train and advance to become a
powerful member of society.
I am just doing it to pass the time and such.
I donated and got extra stuff, but I am trying to help the guy out :)
You dont have to donate to be able to be good at this...just get an
apartment and rest in it.
If you start playing you will understand.
It is entirely text based and pages load fast based on people and your
connection.

If interested goto http://www.chaoticworlds.net/