29 Apr 2005 04:32:34
mg
Spencer ---> Nothampton.

Northampton appear to have won the race to sign Carlos Spencer with the
club's millionaire owner Keith Barwell saying they have signed a world-class
player after the All Black fly-half visited the club.

"We have signed a world-class player that we haven't announced, but he has
signed on whether we are relegated or not," Barwell told The Guardian.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/sport_story_skin/525540%3fformat=html

29 Apr 2005 18:07:27
Post Colonial Boy
Re: Spencer ---> Nothampton.

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 04:32:34 GMT, "mg " <nospam@home.ok > wrote:

>Northampton appear to have won the race to sign Carlos Spencer...

Don't let the door hit you on the arse there Carlos...

29 Apr 2005 09:42:09
Simon Stovin-Bradford
Re: Spencer ---> Nothampton.

"mg " <nospam@home.ok > wrote in message

> Northampton appear to have won the race to sign Carlos Spencer with the
> club's millionaire owner Keith Barwell saying they have signed a
> world-class player after the All Black fly-half visited the club.
>
> "We have signed a world-class player that we haven't announced, but he has
> signed on whether we are relegated or not," Barwell told The Guardian.
>

> http://tvnz.co.nz/view/sport_story_skin/525540%3fformat=html

please tell me he's taking Matua out of his arse first

29 Apr 2005 08:49:22
didgerman
Re: Spencer ---> Nothampton.

"Simon Stovin-Bradford" <Simon.Stovin-Bradford@nospooge.cern.ch > wrote in
message news:d4sogg$ee2$1@sunnews.cern.ch...

> "mg " <nospam@home.ok> wrote in message
>>
>> Northampton appear to have won the race to sign Carlos Spencer with the
>> club's millionaire owner Keith Barwell saying they have signed a
>> world-class player after the All Black fly-half visited the club.
>>
>> "We have signed a world-class player that we haven't announced, but he
>> has signed on whether we are relegated or not," Barwell told The
>> Guardian.
>>

>> http://tvnz.co.nz/view/sport_story_skin/525540%3fformat=html
>>

> please tell me he's taking Matua out of his arse first

I liked old Carlos, he'll be a much bigger hit there than the Krige. Krige
was probably an ok bloke, it's just his timing was awful, moving to England
shortly after *that* game.
Maybe we'll see Carlos at 12 and Cohen at 13, not too shabby....

29 Apr 2005 20:54:04
Bobs
Re: Spencer ---> Nothampton.

didgerman wrote:
> "Simon Stovin-Bradford" <Simon.Stovin-Bradford@nospooge.cern.ch> wrote in
> message news:d4sogg$ee2$1@sunnews.cern.ch...
>
>>"mg " <nospam@home.ok> wrote in message
>>
>>>Northampton appear to have won the race to sign Carlos Spencer with the
>>>club's millionaire owner Keith Barwell saying they have signed a
>>>world-class player after the All Black fly-half visited the club.
>>>
>>>"We have signed a world-class player that we haven't announced, but he
>>>has signed on whether we are relegated or not," Barwell told The
>>>Guardian.
>>>

>>>http://tvnz.co.nz/view/sport_story_skin/525540%3fformat=html
>>>

>>please tell me he's taking Matua out of his arse first
>>

> I liked old Carlos, he'll be a much bigger hit there than the Krige. Krige
> was probably an ok bloke, it's just his timing was awful, moving to England
> shortly after *that* game.
> Maybe we'll see Carlos at 12 and Cohen at 13, not too shabby....

Carlos is a flyhalf. Putting him at 12 is a waste. Well, perhaps in some
soft European competition full of washed up hacks he might do well. But
he is a flyhalf and that's his best position.

29 Apr 2005 11:08:14
Simon Stovin-Bradford
Re: Spencer ---> Nothampton.

"Bobs" <blah@extra.co.nz > wrote in message
> didgerman wrote:
>> "Simon Stovin-Bradford" <Simon.Stovin-Bradford@nospooge.cern.ch> wrote in
>> message news:d4sogg$ee2$1@sunnews.cern.ch...
>>
>>>"mg " <nospam@home.ok> wrote in message

>>>please tell me he's taking Matua out of his arse first
>>>

>> I liked old Carlos, he'll be a much bigger hit there than the Krige.
>> Krige was probably an ok bloke, it's just his timing was awful, moving to
>> England shortly after *that* game.
>> Maybe we'll see Carlos at 12 and Cohen at 13, not too shabby....
>
> Carlos is a flyhalf. Putting him at 12 is a waste. Well, perhaps in some
> soft European competition full of washed up hacks he might do well. But he
> is a flyhalf and that's his best position.

well, with Shane Drahm off to Worcester, I really don't think there's any
doubt where he'll be playing.

29 Apr 2005 03:15:46
shineything
Re: Spencer ---> Nothampton.

Bobs wrote:
> didgerman wrote:
> > "Simon Stovin-Bradford" <Simon.Stovin-Bradford@nospooge.cern.ch>
wrote in
> > message news:d4sogg$ee2$1@sunnews.cern.ch...
> >
> >>"mg =A9" <nospam@home.ok> wrote in message

> >>please tell me he's taking Matua out of his arse first
> >>

> > I liked old Carlos, he'll be a much bigger hit there than the
Krige. Krige
> > was probably an ok bloke, it's just his timing was awful, moving to
England
> > shortly after *that* game.
> > Maybe we'll see Carlos at 12 and Cohen at 13, not too shabby....
> >

> Carlos is a flyhalf. Putting him at 12 is a waste. Well, perhaps in
some
> soft European competition full of washed up hacks he might do well.
But
> he is a flyhalf and that's his best position.

Actually, Boobs old bean, Spencer is a washed-up hack. And a venal
washed-up hack at that. After being bribed to stay in NZ a few years
ago - what a colossal waste of money that was - at the first sign of
gunpowder he's off faster than you would be if Julian Cleary wandered
into the west Auckland brothel.

I don't suppose I need to point out the contrast with Mehrtens...

29 Apr 2005 03:19:25
Brent
Re: Spencer ---> Nothampton.

shineything wrote:
> Bobs wrote:
> > Carlos is a flyhalf. Putting him at 12 is a waste. Well, perhaps in
> > some soft European competition full of washed up hacks he might do
> > well. But he is a flyhalf and that's his best position.
>

> Actually, Boobs old bean, Spencer is a washed-up hack. And a venal
> washed-up hack at that. After being bribed to stay in NZ a few years
> ago - what a colossal waste of money that was - at the first sign of
> gunpowder he's off faster than you would be if Julian Cleary wandered
> into the west Auckland brothel.
>
> I don't suppose I need to point out the contrast with Mehrtens...

Given that they are both rumoured to be signing massive contracts with
ZP clubs and leaving this year, I think you do, actually.

Cheers

Brent

29 Apr 2005 22:26:21
Bobs
Re: Spencer ---> Nothampton.

shineything wrote:
> Bobs wrote:
>
>>didgerman wrote:
>>
>>>"Simon Stovin-Bradford" <Simon.Stovin-Bradford@nospooge.cern.ch>
>
> wrote in
>
>>>message news:d4sogg$ee2$1@sunnews.cern.ch...

> with the

> but he

>>>I liked old Carlos, he'll be a much bigger hit there than the
>
> Krige. Krige
>
>>>was probably an ok bloke, it's just his timing was awful, moving to
>
> England
>
>>>shortly after *that* game.
>>>Maybe we'll see Carlos at 12 and Cohen at 13, not too shabby....
>>>

>>Carlos is a flyhalf. Putting him at 12 is a waste. Well, perhaps in
>
> some
>
>>soft European competition full of washed up hacks he might do well.
>
> But
>
>>he is a flyhalf and that's his best position.
>

> Actually, Boobs old bean, Spencer is a washed-up hack.

Rubbish. He is a victim of a racist vindictive administration who shall
feel the BACK OF MY HAND when the time is right.

> And a venal
> washed-up hack at that. After being bribed to stay in NZ a few years
> ago - what a colossal waste of money that was

Yes, I mean, the Blues only won the S12 in 2003 with him playing the
lead role.

> - at the first sign of
> gunpowder he's off faster than you would be if Julian Cleary wandered
> into the west Auckland brothel.

If Julian "Pound my arse" Cleary walked into a room with me, I assure
you it would be HIM leaving very quickly. With most likely his testicles
removed.

> I don't suppose I need to point out the contrast with Mehrtens...

That Mehrtens should stick to being a comedian? I mean, seriously. He
was crap tonight. The Cuntab flood gates opened when that choker came
onto the field, that's for sure. Luckily for you lot the Sharks are
utter shit in defence.

I haven't been that impressed with the Cuntabs lately. Team to beat my
arse. Throw them against a team with a tight defence like the
Highlanders, and they'll lose. Look at their Points Against. Twice that
of the Blues and Highlanders. I don't want those softcocks anywhere near
the AB's. You could drive a fucking tank through their backline holes.

29 Apr 2005 20:46:44
Matua
Re: Spencer ---> Nothampton.

"Simon Stovin-Bradford" <Simon.Stovin-Bradford@nospooge.cern.ch > wrote in
message news:d4sogg$ee2$1@sunnews.cern.ch...

> "mg " <nospam@home.ok> wrote in message
>>
>> Northampton appear to have won the race to sign Carlos Spencer with the
>> club's millionaire owner Keith Barwell saying they have signed a
>> world-class player after the All Black fly-half visited the club.
>>
>> "We have signed a world-class player that we haven't announced, but he
>> has signed on whether we are relegated or not," Barwell told The
>> Guardian.
>>

>> http://tvnz.co.nz/view/sport_story_skin/525540%3fformat=html
>>

> please tell me he's taking Matua out of his arse first

With a name like yours Soiman stovin Wanker, I wouldn't say much at all you
fucking Starfish Hitter. You'd be giving Davey Wavey a reach around while
you were taking a hit from behind from David Covey and blowing Longman at
the same time, you pommie poof.
You know what I mean squire?

29 Apr 2005 13:03:01
Walter Mitty
Re: Spencer ---> Nothampton.

shineything wrote:

> Actually, Boobs old bean, Spencer is a washed-up hack.

How quickly they forget.

Less than a year ago Henry was quoted as saying Spencer was the best
player in the world.

29 Apr 2005 12:37:07
Sean Byrne
Re: Spencer ---> Nothampton.

shineything wrote:

=
> Actually, Boobs old bean, Spencer is a washed-up hack. And a venal
> washed-up hack at that. After being bribed to stay in NZ a few years
> ago - what a colossal waste of money that was - at the first sign of
> gunpowder he's off faster than you would be if Julian Cleary wandered
> into the west Auckland brothel.
>
> I don't suppose I need to point out the contrast with Mehrtens...

Mehrtens is rumoured to have signed with Harlequins... where's the
contrast?

Later,
Sean

29 Apr 2005 11:39:25
didgerman
Re: Spencer ---> Nothampton.

"Walter Mitty" <mitticus@gmail.com > wrote in message
> shineything wrote:
>>
>> Actually, Boobs old bean, Spencer is a washed-up hack.
>

> How quickly they forget.
>
> Less than a year ago Henry was quoted as saying Spencer was the best
> player in the world.

He's only 29 isn't he? What is it with Kiwis and young players?

29 Apr 2005 23:44:25
Bobs
Re: Spencer ---> Nothampton.

didgerman wrote:
> "Walter Mitty" <mitticus@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>shineything wrote:
>>
>>>Actually, Boobs old bean, Spencer is a washed-up hack.
>>

>>How quickly they forget.
>>
>>Less than a year ago Henry was quoted as saying Spencer was the best
>>player in the world.
>

> He's only 29 isn't he? What is it with Kiwis and young players?

Ignore Shittything. That cretin has had it in for Spencer for years. I
think Spencer must have boofed his girl.

Carlos Spencer is a better buy than the likes of Cullen who was over the
hill. Methinks Spencer still has some gas in the tank, and he's by far
the best attacking flyhalf in the world when he's on song. His running
is just as devastating as any winger, simply because he runs into gaps,
rather than trying to run over someone. Cretins forget that Spencer TORE
CARTER A NEW ARSEHOLE in the 2003 S12 final. He was easily the best
player in the S12 during that year.

29 Apr 2005 22:02:08
Uncle Bully
Re: Spencer ---> Nothampton.

> Cretins forget that Spencer TORE CARTER A NEW ARSEHOLE in the 2003 S12
> final. He was easily the best player in the S12 during that year.

Just as England were the best team. Unfortunately for you and England this
ain't 2003 so you have to get over it.

29 Apr 2005 22:04:18
Uncle Bully
Re: Spencer ---> Nothampton.

"mg " <nospam@home.ok > wrote in message

> Northampton appear to have won the race to sign Carlos Spencer with the
> club's millionaire owner Keith Barwell saying they have signed a
> world-class player after the All Black fly-half visited the club.
>
> "We have signed a world-class player that we haven't announced, but he has
> signed on whether we are relegated or not," Barwell told The Guardian.

Yet another washed up hack makes the trip up North to prop-up the second
division. He'll probably win player of the year and all.

29 Apr 2005 12:18:56
mg
Re: Spencer ---> Nothampton.

"didgerman" <aw990012@hotmail.com > wrote in message

> He's only 29 isn't he? What is it with Kiwis and young players?

What is it with pom's and old players?

30 Apr 2005 00:21:23
Bobs
Re: Spencer ---> Nothampton.

Uncle Bully wrote:
>>Cretins forget that Spencer TORE CARTER A NEW ARSEHOLE in the 2003 S12
>>final. He was easily the best player in the S12 during that year.
>>

> Just as England were the best team. Unfortunately for you and England this
> ain't 2003 so you have to get over it.

I am over it you disgusting little shitbiscuit. My point being, Spencer
is hardly some cheap hack from the boondocks. He was quite useful in
2004 as well.

29 Apr 2005 14:53:02
Walter Mitty
Re: Spencer ---> Nothampton.

Uncle Bully wrote:
> "mg " <nospam@home.ok> wrote in message
>
>>Northampton appear to have won the race to sign Carlos Spencer with the
>>club's millionaire owner Keith Barwell saying they have signed a
>>world-class player after the All Black fly-half visited the club.
>>
>>"We have signed a world-class player that we haven't announced, but he has
>>signed on whether we are relegated or not," Barwell told The Guardian.
>>

> Yet another washed up hack makes the trip up North to prop-up the second
> division. He'll probably win player of the year and all.

How original Bully. Nice one. Did you make that up all on your own?
maybe they just want to get a glimpse of the Web Ellis?

29 Apr 2005 15:20:34

> Uncle Bully wrote:
>> "mg " <nospam@home.ok> wrote in message
>>
>>>Northampton appear to have won the race to sign Carlos Spencer with the
>>>club's millionaire owner Keith Barwell saying they have signed a
>>>world-class player after the All Black fly-half visited the club.
>>>
>>>"We have signed a world-class player that we haven't announced, but he
>>>has signed on whether we are relegated or not," Barwell told The
>>>Guardian.
>>>

>> Yet another washed up hack makes the trip up North to prop-up the second
>> division. He'll probably win player of the year and all.
>
> How original Bully. Nice one. Did you make that up all on your own? maybe
> they just want to get a glimpse of the Web Ellis?

snigger!

29 Apr 2005 18:32:35
Tim Jesson
Re: Spencer ---> Nothampton.

> Carlos is a flyhalf. Putting him at 12 is a waste. Well, perhaps in some
> soft European competition full of washed up hacks he might do well. But he
> is a flyhalf and that's his best position.

Could try harder. 3/10 on the troll-ometer. Maybe a 2.

He'll play at 10 because the current 10, Drahm, has signed for Worcester.

Cheers,
TJ

01 May 2005 10:45:52
Rodger Donaldson
Re: Spencer ---> Nothampton.

On 29 Apr 2005 03:19:25 -0700, Brent <the_1aser@hotmail.com > wrote:

>> I don't suppose I need to point out the contrast with Mehrtens...
>
> Given that they are both rumoured to be signing massive contracts with
> ZP clubs and leaving this year, I think you do, actually.

He was one of the handful of players - along with Wilson, and IIRC,
Marshall - who bucked the pressure to join the Packer WRC and signed,
for less money, to the NZRU and helped preserve rugby here in New
Zealand, an action which ought to earn the gratitude of anyone who
claims to give a shit about rugby in New Zealand, although it lead to
them being threatened with violent retribution by Zinzan Brooke.

Mehrtens has stuck with the same club, province, and S12 team for his
career in New Zealand, even when on the outer with the likes of Deans
and Mitchell. He threatened to stop playing rugby in NZ rather than
play against Canterbury. He's been bloody loyal to his teams.

--
Rodger Donaldson rodgerd@diaspora.gen.nz

01 May 2005 00:48:41
Brent
Re: Spencer ---> Nothampton.

On Sun, 1 May 2005 10:45:52 +1200, Rodger Donaldson
<rodgerd@diaspora.gen.nz > wrote:

>On 29 Apr 2005 03:19:25 -0700, Brent <the_1aser@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't suppose I need to point out the contrast with Mehrtens...
>>
>> Given that they are both rumoured to be signing massive contracts with
>> ZP clubs and leaving this year, I think you do, actually.
>
>He was one of the handful of players - along with Wilson, and IIRC,
>Marshall - who bucked the pressure to join the Packer WRC and signed,
>for less money, to the NZRU and helped preserve rugby here in New
>Zealand, an action which ought to earn the gratitude of anyone who
>claims to give a shit about rugby in New Zealand, although it lead to
>them being threatened with violent retribution by Zinzan Brooke.

I recall differently - I thought it was Wilson and Kronfeld who were the
two guys who broke ranks.

>Mehrtens has stuck with the same club, province, and S12 team for his
>career in New Zealand, even when on the outer with the likes of Deans
>and Mitchell. He threatened to stop playing rugby in NZ rather than
>play against Canterbury. He's been bloody loyal to his teams.

He likes living in Canterbury, has a family there, and didn't want to move.
I'm pretty sure he has commented in the past that's it's largely not for
rugby-related reasons that he wanted to stay put.

Cheers

Brent

02 May 2005 22:44:38
Paul Kendall
Re: Spencer ---> Nothampton.

In article Brent <the_1aser@hotmail.com > wrote:

> On Sun, 1 May 2005 10:45:52 +1200, Rodger Donaldson
> <rodgerd@diaspora.gen.nz> wrote:
> >Mehrtens has stuck with the same club, province, and S12 team for his
> >career in New Zealand, even when on the outer with the likes of Deans
> >and Mitchell. He threatened to stop playing rugby in NZ rather than
> >play against Canterbury. He's been bloody loyal to his teams.
>
> He likes living in Canterbury, has a family there, and didn't want to move.
> I'm pretty sure he has commented in the past that's it's largely not for
> rugby-related reasons that he wanted to stay put.

A son from a previous relationship being the main reason.

--
Paul