28 May 2007 10:28:14
mg
Sat night Rugby, lots of it!

02/06/2007 Uruguay vs Italy @ Montevideo
02/06/2007 New Zealand vs France @ Auckland
02/06/2007 Australia vs Wales @ Brisbane
02/06/2007 South Africa vs England @ Pretoria
02/06/2007Argentina vs Ireland @ Buenos Aires

Ohh welcome back Test match Rugby!

28 May 2007 21:19:15
rick boyd
Re: Sat night Rugby, lots of it!

mg wrote:
> 02/06/2007 Uruguay vs Italy @ Montevideo
> 02/06/2007 New Zealand vs France @ Auckland
> 02/06/2007 Australia vs Wales @ Brisbane
> 02/06/2007 South Africa vs England @ Pretoria
> 02/06/2007Argentina vs Ireland @ Buenos Aires
>
> Ohh welcome back Test match Rugby!

What a pleasure it was to see a test played in sunshine. Well done South
Africa. How sick I am of seeing the All Blacks at home under lights.
It's not proper test rugby at all. It'll all change when I'm made king
of the world, you mark my words.

And what's worse, All Black tests are always perfectly timed to be on at
3.30 standard western australian time, just when local club rugby first
grade is kicking off, whch unfortunately I am paid to attend and report
on (yes, I know, bigging myself again, shameless media tart that I am).

-- rick boyd

28 May 2007 20:55:29
DC
Re: Sat night Rugby, lots of it!

rick boyd wrote:

> What a pleasure it was to see a test played in sunshine. Well done South
> Africa. How sick I am of seeing the All Blacks at home under lights.

Get a big ship and tow NZ into the right timezone for European TV!

28 May 2007 23:45:27
Miguel
Re: Sat night Rugby, lots of it!

On Mon, 28 May 2007 10:28:14 +0000, mg wrote:

> 02/06/2007 Uruguay vs Italy @ Montevideo 02/06/2007 New Zealand vs
> France @ Auckland 02/06/2007 Australia vs Wales @ Brisbane 02/06/2007
> South Africa vs England @ Pretoria 02/06/2007Argentina vs Ireland @
> Buenos Aires
>
> Ohh welcome back Test match Rugby!

However, the reality sort of makes the anti-RWC brigades' point.

What should be memorable world class rugby internationals are
(supposedly) being turned into games of no consequence played by
(supposedly) second and third rate teams. All in the name of the RWC and
four years of bragging rights. Tis really annoying.

Regards
Miguel

29 May 2007 05:42:32
oob
Re: Sat night Rugby, lots of it!

On Mon, 28 May 2007 21:19:15 +0800, rick boyd wrote:
>It'll all change when I'm made king of the world, you mark my words.

The "Times" supplement;

EXTRA! EXTRA! Read all about it! Queen of Perth made King of World!

29 May 2007 10:01:52
mg
Re: Sat night Rugby, lots of it!

"Miguel" <miguellint@yahoo.com > wrote in message
> On Mon, 28 May 2007 10:28:14 +0000, mg wrote:
>
>> 02/06/2007 Uruguay vs Italy @ Montevideo 02/06/2007 New Zealand vs
>> France @ Auckland 02/06/2007 Australia vs Wales @ Brisbane 02/06/2007
>> South Africa vs England @ Pretoria 02/06/2007Argentina vs Ireland @
>> Buenos Aires
>>
>> Ohh welcome back Test match Rugby!
>
> However, the reality sort of makes the anti-RWC brigades' point.
>
> What should be memorable world class rugby internationals are
> (supposedly) being turned into games of no consequence played by
> (supposedly) second and third rate teams. All in the name of the RWC and
> four years of bragging rights. Tis really annoying.

Amen!