27 Mar 2005 17:39:34
Don Pevere
Quinnell handjob finishes career

A likely story.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/welsh/4386767.stm

"Injury forces Quinnell to retire
Scott Quinnell
Quinnell played in two contrasting eras for Llanelli
Former Lions forward Scott Quinnell has announced his retirement earlier
than he originally hoped because of injury.

The Welsh number eight had planned to play until the end of the season
but has been forced to quit immediately because of a hand problem."

... restricting his ability to pick up a bucket of chicken.

27 Mar 2005 18:14:52
Bulldog
Re: Quinnell handjob finishes career

I wonder if the "new" Welsh fans know who he is ? Pity he was unable to
go out on his terms (by being Welsh no.8 this season)..never shone as
brightly as many of us hoped he would....but what a big likeable lump
he is.

28 Mar 2005 14:48:49
Alan Luchetti
Re: Quinnell handjob finishes career

"Bulldog" <dickson99@aol.com > wrote ...

>I wonder if the "new" Welsh fans know who he is ? Pity he was unable to
> go out on his terms (by being Welsh no.8 this season)..never shone as
> brightly as many of us hoped he would....but what a big likeable lump
> he is.

Shone pretty bright for the Lions in 2001

28 Mar 2005 15:10:54
John Smith

Alan Luchetti wrote:
> "Bulldog" <dickson99@aol.com> wrote ...
>

>>I wonder if the "new" Welsh fans know who he is ? Pity he was unable to
>>go out on his terms (by being Welsh no.8 this season)..never shone as
>>brightly as many of us hoped he would....but what a big likeable lump
>>he is.
>

> Shone pretty bright for the Lions in 2001

I was thinking exactly the same thing. All of a sudden he is
yesterday's man. That era of Evans, Gibbs, Howley, Jenkins and
Quinnell. Lions quality players in a hopeless WRU era.