02 May 2008 01:40:10
Dave (SA)
McCaw is a cheat - well Dickinson says so

Yellow card for him for coming in from the wrong side.

On another matter - Kankowski's try was magnificent. He handed of
McCaw and a couple of others.
Really looks good. Maybe a Bok.
SA has an embbarrassment of loosies and not many flyhalfs, fullbacks
etc.



02 May 2008 10:53:59
Ferdi
Re: McCaw is a cheat - well Dickinson says so

On Fri, 2 May 2008 01:40:10 -0700 (PDT), "Dave (SA)"
<david.baker.sa@gmail.com > wrote:

<< >Yellow card for him for coming in from the wrong side.
>
>On another matter - Kankowski's try was magnificent. He handed of
>McCaw and a couple of others.
>Really looks good. Maybe a Bok.
>SA has an embbarrassment of loosies and not many flyhalfs, fullbacks
>etc.>>

Nothing on flyhalf but a lot on fullback.

Francois Steyn will be an excelent full back - was from the word go
when he was picked there for the Boks. The problem is he is not
playing there.
Jantjes is also great and will probably step easily into that position
in the Bok Squad.

Wings and centres we have as well. And no 9's.

But no flyhalf. Ruan is not a good flyhalf. He was a wonderfull
scrumhalf till he was fucked up by Jake White.




02 May 2008 11:32:24
Tim Jesson
Re: McCaw is a cheat - well Dickinson says so


"Ferdi" <NoSpam@atall.co.za > wrote in message
news:4hll141rjo0i85su6khshnqpspq5aifcdv@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 2 May 2008 01:40:10 -0700 (PDT), "Dave (SA)"
> <david.baker.sa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <<>Yellow card for him for coming in from the wrong side.
>>
>>On another matter - Kankowski's try was magnificent. He handed of
>>McCaw and a couple of others.
>>Really looks good. Maybe a Bok.
>>SA has an embbarrassment of loosies and not many flyhalfs, fullbacks
>>etc.>>
>
> Nothing on flyhalf but a lot on fullback.
>
> Francois Steyn will be an excelent full back - was from the word go
> when he was picked there for the Boks. The problem is he is not
> playing there.
> Jantjes is also great and will probably step easily into that
> position
> in the Bok Squad.
>
> Wings and centres we have as well. And no 9's.
>
> But no flyhalf. Ruan is not a good flyhalf. He was a wonderfull
> scrumhalf till he was fucked up by Jake White.
>
>

Is James out of the running now then?

Cheers,
TJ




02 May 2008 12:41:48
Ferdi
Re: McCaw is a cheat - well Dickinson says so

On Fri, 2 May 2008 11:32:24 +0100, "Tim Jesson"
<timno@spamthanksthejessons.co.uk > wrote:


<< >Is James out of the running now then?>>

Dunno.
He plays in the UK. Don't know what his form is. The new coach has
anyway started off with a policy to frown on picking overseas players.

But is James is playing well, he may be forced to swallow his policy.



02 May 2008 13:54:24
Tim Jesson
Re: McCaw is a cheat - well Dickinson says so


"Ferdi" <NoSpam@atall.co.za > wrote in message
news:ssrl1458l91q9qnjhb8e4brun597vo8kmh@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 2 May 2008 11:32:24 +0100, "Tim Jesson"
> <timno@spamthanksthejessons.co.uk> wrote:
>
>
> <<>Is James out of the running now then?>>
>
> Dunno.
> He plays in the UK. Don't know what his form is. The new coach has
> anyway started off with a policy to frown on picking overseas
> players.
>
> But is James is playing well, he may be forced to swallow his
> policy.
>

He's at Bath, been injured since January but straight back to form.
Excellent player and one to break 'rules' for I'd say.

Cheers,
TJ




02 May 2008 16:44:01
Dave (SA)
Re: McCaw is a cheat - well Dickinson says so

Tim Jesson wrote:
> "Ferdi" <NoSpam@atall.co.za> wrote in message
> news:ssrl1458l91q9qnjhb8e4brun597vo8kmh@4ax.com...
>> On Fri, 2 May 2008 11:32:24 +0100, "Tim Jesson"
>> <timno@spamthanksthejessons.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>
>> <<>Is James out of the running now then?>>
>>
>> Dunno.
>> He plays in the UK. Don't know what his form is. The new coach has
>> anyway started off with a policy to frown on picking overseas
>> players.
>>
>> But is James is playing well, he may be forced to swallow his
>> policy.
>>
>
> He's at Bath, been injured since January but straight back to form.
> Excellent player and one to break 'rules' for I'd say.
>
> Cheers,
> TJ
>
>
I for one will be very happy to see a fit James in the Bok side.
He played very well at RWC2007 and deserves to keep his place