31 May 2007 20:44:28
Uncle Bully
French myth

For the record, the French myth will be smashed once again this weekend when
the 'unpredicatble' ones get predictabley pummeled into the turf.
How many shit French performances does it take before anyone will admit that
they are shit?

31 May 2007 12:07:33
Sean Byrne
Re: French myth

Uncle Bully wrote:
> For the record, the French myth will be smashed once again this weekend when
> the 'unpredicatble' ones get predictabley pummeled into the turf.
> How many shit French performances does it take before anyone will admit that
> they are shit?

What 'myth' is this?

Only an idiot would draw any conclusions from the result this weekend...

Later,
Sean

31 May 2007 11:10:48
didgerman
Re: French myth

Uncle Bully wrote:
> For the record, the French myth will be smashed once again this weekend when
> the 'unpredicatble' ones get predictabley pummeled into the turf.
> How many shit French performances does it take before anyone will admit that
> they are shit?

/puts a tenner on France

31 May 2007 21:45:19
Uncle Bully
Re: French myth

"Sean Byrne" <byrne_sean_spamtrap@hotmail.com > wrote in message
> Uncle Bully wrote:
>> For the record, the French myth will be smashed once again this weekend
>> when the 'unpredicatble' ones get predictabley pummeled into the turf.
>> How many shit French performances does it take before anyone will admit
>> that they are shit?
>
> What 'myth' is this?

The myth that France possess some magic and can unleash heavenly skill at
any time. The dilly dallying that always comes about whenever anyone plays
France, 'You never know' type rubbish.
2 wins from 11 in the professional era against NZ tells me otherwise. France
aren't up to it and will lose.

> Only an idiot would draw any conclusions from the result this weekend...

No conclusions, just no silly superstitions.
Crap teams lose. And this French team are crap.

31 May 2007 21:47:07
Uncle Bully
Re: French myth

"didgerman" <didgerman@rfu.com > wrote in message
> Uncle Bully wrote:
>> For the record, the French myth will be smashed once again this weekend
>> when the 'unpredicatble' ones get predictabley pummeled into the turf.
>> How many shit French performances does it take before anyone will admit
>> that they are shit?
>>

> /puts a tenner on France

British Pounds? I'll take it.

31 May 2007 13:40:28
Walter Mitty
Re: French myth

didgerman <didgerman@rfu.com > writes:

> Uncle Bully wrote:
>> For the record, the French myth will be smashed once again this
>> weekend when the 'unpredicatble' ones get predictabley pummeled into
>> the turf.
>> How many shit French performances does it take before anyone will
>> admit that they are shit?
>>

> /puts a tenner on France

What did the French ever do to you? Bastard.

31 May 2007 13:43:20
Walter Mitty
Re: French myth

"Uncle Bully" <wakeupcall@optushome.com.au.REMOVE > writes:

> "Sean Byrne" <byrne_sean_spamtrap@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Uncle Bully wrote:
>>> For the record, the French myth will be smashed once again this weekend
>>> when the 'unpredicatble' ones get predictabley pummeled into the turf.
>>> How many shit French performances does it take before anyone will admit
>>> that they are shit?
>>
>> What 'myth' is this?
>
> The myth that France possess some magic and can unleash heavenly skill at
> any time. The dilly dallying that always comes about whenever anyone plays
> France, 'You never know' type rubbish.

That would be Rick.

> 2 wins from 11 in the professional era against NZ tells me otherwise. France
> aren't up to it and will lose.
>

>> Only an idiot would draw any conclusions from the result this weekend...
>
> No conclusions, just no silly superstitions.
> Crap teams lose. And this French team are crap.

I see you have your pre-RWC woody all polished and ready to go. You go
girl!

31 May 2007 23:55:08
Andrew Dunford
Re: French myth

"Uncle Bully" <wakeupcall@optushome.com.au.REMOVE > wrote in message

> "Sean Byrne" <byrne_sean_spamtrap@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Uncle Bully wrote:
>>> For the record, the French myth will be smashed once again this weekend
>>> when the 'unpredicatble' ones get predictabley pummeled into the turf.
>>> How many shit French performances does it take before anyone will admit
>>> that they are shit?
>>
>> What 'myth' is this?
>
> The myth that France possess some magic and can unleash heavenly skill at
> any time. The dilly dallying that always comes about whenever anyone plays
> France, 'You never know' type rubbish.
> 2 wins from 11 in the professional era against NZ tells me otherwise.
> France aren't up to it and will lose.

Gee, that's a brave call: you must know a lot about rugby.

By your logic, France couldn't have won the 1999 semi-final because their
recent record against NZ was poor. How does that work?

<snip >

Andrew

31 May 2007 14:03:31
Ferdi
Re: French myth

On Thu, 31 May 2007 20:44:28 +1000, "Uncle Bully"
<wakeupcall@optushome.com.au.REMOVE > wrote:

<< >For the record, the French myth will be smashed once again this
weekend when
>the 'unpredicatble' ones get predictabley pummeled into the turf.
>How many shit French performances does it take before anyone will admit that
>they are shit?>>

Go on! Go on!

31 May 2007 14:04:26
Ferdi
Re: French myth

On Thu, 31 May 2007 21:45:19 +1000, "Uncle Bully"
<wakeupcall@optushome.com.au.REMOVE > wrote:

<< >The myth that France possess some magic and can unleash heavenly
skill at
>any time. >>

It was pretty the WC before last...

31 May 2007 14:18:52
Walter Mitty
Re: French myth

"Andrew Dunford" <adunford@artifax.net > writes:

> "Uncle Bully" <wakeupcall@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> wrote in message
>>
>> "Sean Byrne" <byrne_sean_spamtrap@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> What 'myth' is this?
>>
>> The myth that France possess some magic and can unleash heavenly skill at
>> any time. The dilly dallying that always comes about whenever anyone plays
>> France, 'You never know' type rubbish.
>> 2 wins from 11 in the professional era against NZ tells me otherwise.
>> France aren't up to it and will lose.
>
> Gee, that's a brave call: you must know a lot about rugby.
>
> By your logic, France couldn't have won the 1999 semi-final because their
> recent record against NZ was poor. How does that work?

The wrong team showed up.

Oh. Now Bully sees. Oops.

31 May 2007 14:20:04
Walter Mitty
Re: French myth

Ferdi <NoSpam@atall.co.za > writes:

> On Thu, 31 May 2007 21:45:19 +1000, "Uncle Bully"
> <wakeupcall@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> wrote:
>

> <<>The myth that France possess some magic and can unleash heavenly
> skill at
>>any time. >>
>
> It was pretty the WC before last...

Yes, but Bully's balls hadn't dropped then. He was more into Tele
Tubbies and Barbie at the time.

31 May 2007 06:24:58
simon s-b
Re: French myth

On 31 May, 11:44, "Uncle Bully" <wakeupc...@optushome.com.au.REMOVE >
wrote:
> For the record, the French myth will be smashed once again this weekend when
> the 'unpredicatble' ones get predictabley pummeled into the turf.
> How many shit French performances does it take before anyone will admit that
> they are shit?

hardly much of a shout when they are sending a veterans team now is
it?

31 May 2007 14:41:27
Sean Byrne
Re: French myth

Uncle Bully wrote:
> "Sean Byrne" <byrne_sean_spamtrap@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Uncle Bully wrote:
>>
>>>For the record, the French myth will be smashed once again this weekend
>>>when the 'unpredicatble' ones get predictabley pummeled into the turf.
>>>How many shit French performances does it take before anyone will admit
>>>that they are shit?
>>
>>What 'myth' is this?
>

> The myth that France possess some magic and can unleash heavenly skill at
> any time. The dilly dallying that always comes about whenever anyone plays
> France, 'You never know' type rubbish.
> 2 wins from 11 in the professional era against NZ tells me otherwise. France
> aren't up to it and will lose.
>

>>Only an idiot would draw any conclusions from the result this weekend...
>

> No conclusions, just no silly superstitions.
> Crap teams lose. And this French team are crap.

It's a big leap from 'this French team are crap' to 'the French are shit'.

Later,
Sean

31 May 2007 07:44:35
SHUSSBAR
Re: French myth

On May 31, 5:44 am, "Uncle Bully" <wakeupc...@optushome.com.au.REMOVE >
wrote:
> For the record, the French myth will be smashed once again this weekend when
> the 'unpredicatble' ones get predictabley pummeled into the turf.
> How many shit French performances does it take before anyone will admit that
> they are shit?

One thing about you is not for sure not a myth , i ll let you guess
what it is ...

31 May 2007 22:54:14
rick boyd
Re: French myth

Uncle Bully wrote:
> For the record, the French myth will be smashed once again this weekend

Got her on that quality NZ thaugignon blanc again, eh? Lucky dog.

-- rick boyd

31 May 2007 17:01:47
Donnie
Re: French myth

"rick boyd" <boyd@comswest.net.au > a écrit

> Got her on that quality NZ thaugignon blanc again, eh? Lucky dog.

"Thaugignon" !!... Hehe, Gods are maybe immortal but they're a bit with
spelling unless they're pretty drunk at 5 pm... Another Sauvignon, and "sec"
this time for M. Le Boyde.

D.

31 May 2007 08:50:49
Dave Keegan
Re: French myth

On May 31, 11:01 am, "Donnie" <don...@blabla.com > wrote:
> "rick boyd" <b...@comswest.net.au> a =E9crit
>
> > Got her on that quality NZ thaugignon blanc again, eh? Lucky dog.
>
> "Thaugignon" !!... Hehe, Gods are maybe immortal but they're a bit with
> spelling unless they're pretty drunk at 5 pm... Another Sauvignon, and "s=
ec"
> this time for M. Le Boyde.
>
> D.

I think you mythed the point Donnie....

Keegan...

31 May 2007 18:50:56
Chris D
Re: French myth

"Dave Keegan" <rugby@budweiser.com > wrote in message
On May 31, 11:01 am, "Donnie" <don...@blabla.com > wrote:
> "rick boyd" <b...@comswest.net.au> a écrit
>
> > Got her on that quality NZ thaugignon blanc again, eh? Lucky dog.
>
> "Thaugignon" !!... Hehe, Gods are maybe immortal but they're a bit with
> spelling unless they're pretty drunk at 5 pm... Another Sauvignon, and
> "sec"
> this time for M. Le Boyde.
>
> D.

I think you mythed the point Donnie....

Keegan...

Yep that wath a whooth, wathn't it?

31 May 2007 12:35:38
JohnO
Re: French myth

On May 31, 11:10 pm, didgerman <didger...@rfu.com > wrote:
> Uncle Bully wrote:
> > For the record, the French myth will be smashed once again this weekend when
> > the 'unpredicatble' ones get predictabley pummeled into the turf.
> > How many shit French performances does it take before anyone will admit that
> > they are shit?
>
> /puts a tenner on France

... as if the ABs weren't unbackable already.....

01 Jun 2007 07:13:11
Uncle Bully
Re: French myth

"Andrew Dunford" <adunford@artifax.net > wrote in message

> "Uncle Bully" <wakeupcall@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> wrote in message
>>
>> "Sean Byrne" <byrne_sean_spamtrap@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> What 'myth' is this?
>>
>> The myth that France possess some magic and can unleash heavenly skill at
>> any time. The dilly dallying that always comes about whenever anyone
>> plays France, 'You never know' type rubbish.
>> 2 wins from 11 in the professional era against NZ tells me otherwise.
>> France aren't up to it and will lose.
>
> Gee, that's a brave call: you must know a lot about rugby.
>
> By your logic, France couldn't have won the 1999 semi-final because their
> recent record against NZ was poor. How does that work?

By my logic I'm right 9 out of 11 times.
When your logic does better, then we'll talk.

01 Jun 2007 07:17:32
Uncle Bully
Re: French myth

"Ferdi" <NoSpam@atall.co.za > wrote in message
> On Thu, 31 May 2007 21:45:19 +1000, "Uncle Bully"
> <wakeupcall@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> wrote:
>

> <<>The myth that France possess some magic and can unleash heavenly
> skill at
>>any time. >>
>
> It was pretty the WC before last...

2 out of 11 doesn't cut it in professional sport.

31 May 2007 14:17:46
Richard Bridgman
Re: French myth

On May 31, 4:13 pm, "Uncle Bully" <wakeupc...@optushome.com.au.REMOVE >
wrote:
> "Andrew Dunford" <adunf...@artifax.net> wrote in message

> > "Uncle Bully" <wakeupc...@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> wrote in message
>
> >> "Sean Byrne" <byrne_sean_spamt...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >> The myth that France possess some magic and can unleash heavenly skill at
> >> any time. The dilly dallying that always comes about whenever anyone
> >> plays France, 'You never know' type rubbish.
> >> 2 wins from 11 in the professional era against NZ tells me otherwise.
> >> France aren't up to it and will lose.
>
> > Gee, that's a brave call: you must know a lot about rugby.
>
> > By your logic, France couldn't have won the 1999 semi-final because their
> > recent record against NZ was poor. How does that work?
>
> By my logic I'm right 9 out of 11 times.
> When your logic does better, then we'll talk.

Ah, but then they're unpredictable in their unpredictability. Um..kind
of thing. Seriously UB, you of all people must acknowledge the French
have more than their fair share of upsets, or just plain weird
results, and a damn good thing that is for the game too.

I'm not sure if *this* French team lives up to the tag, but time will
tell I suppose. Go on, own up - everything you have seen about this
French team, and everything you know about this All Black team tells
you the French are in for a hiding, but there is a part of you that
knows it is entirely possible they might run rings around you, all the
while puffing on a gauloise, as if they do it week in week out.

Richard Bridgman

31 May 2007 21:19:05
Matua

> "didgerman" <didgerman@rfu.com> wrote in message
>> Uncle Bully wrote:
>>> For the record, the French myth will be smashed once again this weekend
>>> when the 'unpredicatble' ones get predictabley pummeled into the turf.
>>> How many shit French performances does it take before anyone will admit
>>> that they are shit?
>>>

>> /puts a tenner on France
>
> British Pounds? I'll take it.

You'll never get a penny out of Didge he's as tight as a fishes arse
All talk no do. full of shit.

Matua

31 May 2007 23:17:10
The Green Phantom
Re: French myth

Uncle Bully wrote:
> "Andrew Dunford" <adunford@artifax.net> wrote in message
>> "Uncle Bully" <wakeupcall@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> wrote in message
>>> "Sean Byrne" <byrne_sean_spamtrap@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> The myth that France possess some magic and can unleash heavenly skill at
>>> any time. The dilly dallying that always comes about whenever anyone
>>> plays France, 'You never know' type rubbish.
>>> 2 wins from 11 in the professional era against NZ tells me otherwise.
>>> France aren't up to it and will lose.
>> Gee, that's a brave call: you must know a lot about rugby.
>>
>> By your logic, France couldn't have won the 1999 semi-final because their
>> recent record against NZ was poor. How does that work?
>
> By my logic I'm right 9 out of 11 times.
> When your logic does better, then we'll talk.

You haven't been right once in argument with anyone on this ng. It
could be because the residents pick their ground carefully, I suggest
not however.

regards

The Green Phantom

31 May 2007 15:35:41
Stex
Re: French myth

On May 31, 9:55 pm, "Andrew Dunford" <adunf...@artifax.net > wrote:
> "Uncle Bully" <wakeupc...@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> wrote in message

> > "Sean Byrne" <byrne_sean_spamt...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> >> What 'myth' is this?
>
> > The myth that France possess some magic and can unleash heavenly skill at
> > any time. The dilly dallying that always comes about whenever anyone plays
> > France, 'You never know' type rubbish.
> > 2 wins from 11 in the professional era against NZ tells me otherwise.
> > France aren't up to it and will lose.
>
> Gee, that's a brave call: you must know a lot about rugby.
>
> By your logic, France couldn't have won the 1999 semi-final because their
> recent record against NZ was poor. How does that work?
>
> <snip>
>
> Andrew- Hide quoted text -

By this logic, we should be applying the unpredictability tag to
Australia as well on account of 2003.

Stex

31 May 2007 15:37:24
Stex
Re: French myth

On Jun 1, 7:17 am, Richard Bridgman <rhb...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> On May 31, 4:13 pm, "Uncle Bully" <wakeupc...@optushome.com.au.REMOVE>
> wrote:
>

> > "Andrew Dunford" <adunf...@artifax.net> wrote in message

> > > "Uncle Bully" <wakeupc...@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> wrote in message

> > > Gee, that's a brave call: you must know a lot about rugby.
>
> > > By your logic, France couldn't have won the 1999 semi-final because their
> > > recent record against NZ was poor. How does that work?
>
> > By my logic I'm right 9 out of 11 times.
> > When your logic does better, then we'll talk.
>
> Ah, but then they're unpredictable in their unpredictability. Um..kind
> of thing. Seriously UB, you of all people must acknowledge the French
> have more than their fair share of upsets, or just plain weird
> results, and a damn good thing that is for the game too.
>
> I'm not sure if *this* French team lives up to the tag, but time will
> tell I suppose. Go on, own up - everything you have seen about this
> French team, and everything you know about this All Black team tells
> you the French are in for a hiding, but there is a part of you that
> knows it is entirely possible they might run rings around you, all the
> while puffing on a gauloise, as if they do it week in week out.
>
> Richard Bridgman- Hide quoted text -

again the same arguments could be applied to Australia.

Stex

01 Jun 2007 11:20:02
Apteryx
Re: French myth

"Andrew Dunford" <adunford@artifax.net > wrote in message

> "Uncle Bully" <wakeupcall@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> wrote in message
>>
>> The myth that France possess some magic and can unleash heavenly skill at
>> any time. The dilly dallying that always comes about whenever anyone
>> plays France, 'You never know' type rubbish.
>> 2 wins from 11 in the professional era against NZ tells me otherwise.
>> France aren't up to it and will lose.
>
> Gee, that's a brave call: you must know a lot about rugby.
>
> By your logic, France couldn't have won the 1999 semi-final because their
> recent record against NZ was poor. How does that work?

To be fair to Bully (you know, as an exercise), if he did apply the same
logic in 1999 he wouldn't necessarily have come to the same conclusion. At
that time France had won 4 of the previous 11 matches between the two sides
(including a series win in NZ in 1994 and another win in 1995 to give them 3
in a row). If he had looked then at a similar period (7 years) rather than a
similar number of matches, the record would have shown France winning 3 of
the 5 matches played between the sides in that period. At a similar time
(before France's match against NZ in NZ in June 1999) France was spoken of
as NZ's bogey team on the basis of that record.

Which itself should warn against making predictions on that basis, since NZ
won that match 54-7.

--
Apteryx

01 Jun 2007 07:25:29
rick boyd
Re: French myth

Donnie wrote:
> "rick boyd" <boyd@comswest.net.au> a écrit
>

>>Got her on that quality NZ thaugignon blanc again, eh? Lucky dog.
>

> "Thaugignon" !!... Hehe, Gods are maybe immortal but they're a bit with
> spelling unless they're pretty drunk at 5 pm... Another Sauvignon, and "sec"
> this time for M. Le Boyde.

Yeah OK Mr Smarty Frog Muncher, you try spelling sauvignon with a lisp
in a hurry. You know what I meant.

And the best sauvignon blanc in the world comes from Nelson, New
Zealand, so stick that in your Gallic pipe and smoke it.

-- rick boyd

01 Jun 2007 13:06:58

> "Andrew Dunford" <adunford@artifax.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Uncle Bully" <wakeupcall@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Sean Byrne" <byrne_sean_spamtrap@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> The myth that France possess some magic and can unleash heavenly skill
>>> at any time. The dilly dallying that always comes about whenever anyone
>>> plays France, 'You never know' type rubbish.
>>> 2 wins from 11 in the professional era against NZ tells me otherwise.
>>> France aren't up to it and will lose.
>>
>> Gee, that's a brave call: you must know a lot about rugby.
>>
>> By your logic, France couldn't have won the 1999 semi-final because their
>> recent record against NZ was poor. How does that work?
>
> By my logic I'm right 9 out of 11 times.
> When your logic does better, then we'll talk.

Blimey, this is ground-breaking stuff. Have you considered a career as a
bookmaker, or even a professional pundit?

So the nub of your 'logic' is that because NZ will beat France nine times
out of eleven, you know in advance which matches are which and are thus
armed with enough knowledge to make loud proclamations on rsc. I guess
we'll just have to classify the occasions on which you turn out to be wrong
as 'premature aeroplane-painting moments'.

Meanwhile back in the real world, it must be considered highly doubtful that
this makeshift French team can give NZ a decent run for its money tomorrow.
However one consequence of them picking a side about which nobody in this
part of the world knows very much is the introduction of an element of
unpredictability. The likelihood is that they'll turn out to be even worse
than we expect, but you never know.

Andrew

01 Jun 2007 01:45:42
Osbourne Ruddock
Re: French myth

rick boyd <boyd@comswest.net.au > wrote in

> Yeah OK Mr Smarty Frog Muncher, you try spelling sauvignon with a lisp
> in a hurry. You know what I meant.
>
> And the best sauvignon blanc in the world comes from Nelson, New
> Zealand, so stick that in your Gallic pipe and smoke it.

Indeed, especially from the East Nelson region that some parochial fools
like to refer to as Marlborough.

--
Cheers, Os

01 Jun 2007 14:35:51
Andrew Dunford
Re: French myth

"Osbourne Ruddock" <strikeboy@hotmail.com > wrote in message
> rick boyd <boyd@comswest.net.au> wrote in
>
>> Yeah OK Mr Smarty Frog Muncher, you try spelling sauvignon with a lisp
>> in a hurry. You know what I meant.
>>
>> And the best sauvignon blanc in the world comes from Nelson, New
>> Zealand, so stick that in your Gallic pipe and smoke it.
>>

> Indeed, especially from the East Nelson region that some parochial fools
> like to refer to as Marlborough.

Except that apparently it is no longer the best unless consumed on-site at
the vineyard. Anything else leaves giant-sized carbon footprints, it says
here.

Andrew

31 May 2007 20:01:49
Greig Blanchett
Re: French myth

On Jun 1, 1:06 pm, "Andrew Dunford" <adunf...@artifax.net > wrote:
> "Uncle Bully" <wakeupc...@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> wrote in message

> > "Andrew Dunford" <adunf...@artifax.net> wrote in message
>
> >> "Uncle Bully" <wakeupc...@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> wrote in message

> >> Gee, that's a brave call: you must know a lot about rugby.
>
> >> By your logic, France couldn't have won the 1999 semi-final because their
> >> recent record against NZ was poor. How does that work?
>
> > By my logic I'm right 9 out of 11 times.
> > When your logic does better, then we'll talk.
>
> Blimey, this is ground-breaking stuff. Have you considered a career as a
> bookmaker, or even a professional pundit?
>
> So the nub of your 'logic' is that because NZ will beat France nine times
> out of eleven, you know in advance which matches are which and are thus
> armed with enough knowledge to make loud proclamations on rsc. I guess
> we'll just have to classify the occasions on which you turn out to be wrong
> as 'premature aeroplane-painting moments'.
>
> Meanwhile back in the real world, it must be considered highly doubtful that
> this makeshift French team can give NZ a decent run for its money tomorrow.
> However one consequence of them picking a side about which nobody in this
> part of the world knows very much is the introduction of an element of
> unpredictability. The likelihood is that they'll turn out to be even worse
> than we expect, but you never know.
>
> Andrew

I for one don't trust the French. Just when you think they're nowt but
cheese eating surrender monkeys, they go and do something all
indomitable and next thing you know, you're wondering just who thought
it was a good idea to paint the plane.

No, tomorrow morning I'll be slipping down the TAB and putting a
crafty tenner on the French. My betting on the opposition saw the ABs
win everything last year (apart from the one I didn't bet on - curse
those narrow fields of Rustenburg, curse them I say) and with any luck
it will continue this year, but if for some reason we've gone in all
too complacent - and if the Christchurch Press heading up the sports
section today with a big picture of the AB front row packing down
against some plucked chook pieces ain't hubris in a handbasket, then
Ferdi's not a jappie, Aussies don't whinge, and it's a new dawn for
the Welsh - well, at least I'll cover the cost of the booze it will
take to drown the sorrows.

And before anyone starts, yes, I AM getting the excuses in early.

--
greig

31 May 2007 20:18:03
JollyRoger
Re: French myth

On May 31, 5:20 am, Walter Mitty <mitti...@gmail.com > wrote:
> Ferdi <NoS...@atall.co.za> writes:
> > On Thu, 31 May 2007 21:45:19 +1000, "Uncle Bully"
> > <wakeupc...@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> wrote:
>
> > <<>The myth that France possess some magic and can unleash heavenly
> > skill at
> >>any time. >>
>
> > It was pretty the WC before last...
>
> Yes, but Bully's balls hadn't dropped then. He was more into Tele
> Tubbies and Barbie at the time.

Once again, pot... kettle... black... Mr. XBox...

Jolly

01 Jun 2007 13:53:14
Mike Thompson
Re: French myth

Uncle Bully wrote:
> For the record, the French myth will be smashed once again this weekend when
> the 'unpredicatble' ones get predictabley pummeled into the turf.
> How many shit French performances does it take before anyone will admit that
> they are shit?

Given the thread, is this OT?

http://3quarksdaily.blogs.com/3quarksdaily/2007/05/bill_maher_on_t.html

01 Jun 2007 05:13:36
Hector
Re: French myth

I agree Sean the French team either play brilliant rugby or they totally
crap it depends on what team turns up on the day

"Sean Byrne" <byrne_sean_spamtrap@hotmail.com > wrote in message
> Uncle Bully wrote:
>> For the record, the French myth will be smashed once again this weekend
>> when the 'unpredicatble' ones get predictabley pummeled into the turf.
>> How many shit French performances does it take before anyone will admit
>> that they are shit?
>
> What 'myth' is this?
>
> Only an idiot would draw any conclusions from the result this weekend...
>
> Later,
> Sean

31 May 2007 23:15:49
rick boyd
Re: French myth

On Jun 1, 9:06 am, "Andrew Dunford" <adunf...@artifax.net > wrote:

> Blimey, this is ground-breaking stuff. Have you considered a career as a
> bookmaker, or even a professional pundit?
>
> So the nub of your 'logic' is that because NZ will beat France nine times
> out of eleven, you know in advance which matches are which and are thus
> armed with enough knowledge to make loud proclamations on rsc. I guess
> we'll just have to classify the occasions on which you turn out to be wrong
> as 'premature aeroplane-painting moments'.
>
> Meanwhile back in the real world, it must be considered highly doubtful that
> this makeshift French team can give NZ a decent run for its money tomorrow.
> However one consequence of them picking a side about which nobody in this
> part of the world knows very much is the introduction of an element of
> unpredictability. The likelihood is that they'll turn out to be even worse
> than we expect, but you never know.

So what you're really saying is that you agree with Uncle Bullshitty,
although in slightly less colourful terms.

-- rick boyd

31 May 2007 23:19:24
rick boyd
Re: French myth

On Jun 1, 5:19 am, "Matua" <m...@cherbro.com > wrote:
> "Uncle Bully" <wakeupc...@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> wrote in message

> > "didgerman" <didger...@rfu.com> wrote in message
>
> >> /puts a tenner on France
>
> > British Pounds? I'll take it.
>
> You'll never get a penny out of Didge he's as tight as a fishes arse

That's not what I heard. Sloppy as Rock Hudson's arse after a hard
night of curry and epsom salts. Well, that's what's on the back of a
dunny door in Soho anyway.

-- rick boyd

31 May 2007 23:21:38
rick boyd
Re: French myth

On Jun 1, 9:45 am, Osbourne Ruddock <strike...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> rick boyd <b...@comswest.net.au> wrote innews:465f592e@quokka.wn.com.au:
>
> > Yeah OK Mr Smarty Frog Muncher, you try spelling sauvignon with a lisp
> > in a hurry. You know what I meant.
>
> > And the best sauvignon blanc in the world comes from Nelson, New
> > Zealand, so stick that in your Gallic pipe and smoke it.
>
> Indeed, especially from the East Nelson region that some parochial fools
> like to refer to as Marlborough.

Fortunately not we men of the world who have supped of Chateau
Brightwater and know better, eh Os?

-- rick boyd

01 Jun 2007 17:45:04
Uncle Bully
Re: French myth

"Richard Bridgman" <rhb919@hotmail.com > wrote in message
> On May 31, 4:13 pm, "Uncle Bully" <wakeupc...@optushome.com.au.REMOVE>
> wrote:
>> "Andrew Dunford" <adunf...@artifax.net> wrote in message

>> > "Uncle Bully" <wakeupc...@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> wrote in message

>> > Gee, that's a brave call: you must know a lot about rugby.
>>
>> > By your logic, France couldn't have won the 1999 semi-final because
>> > their
>> > recent record against NZ was poor. How does that work?
>>
>> By my logic I'm right 9 out of 11 times.
>> When your logic does better, then we'll talk.
>
> Ah, but then they're unpredictable in their unpredictability. Um..kind
> of thing. Seriously UB, you of all people must acknowledge the French
> have more than their fair share of upsets, or just plain weird
> results, and a damn good thing that is for the game too.
>
> I'm not sure if *this* French team lives up to the tag, but time will
> tell I suppose. Go on, own up - everything you have seen about this
> French team, and everything you know about this All Black team tells
> you the French are in for a hiding, but there is a part of you that
> knows it is entirely possible they might run rings around you, all the
> while puffing on a gauloise, as if they do it week in week out.

Sorry, whatever it is you have in you that says that, I don't have in me.
The French pulled off one or two upsets in the 90s, but things have changed
since then.

01 Jun 2007 17:51:36

> "Uncle Bully" <wakeupcall@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> wrote in message
>>
>> "Andrew Dunford" <adunford@artifax.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Uncle Bully" <wakeupcall@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> wrote in message

>>> Gee, that's a brave call: you must know a lot about rugby.
>>>
>>> By your logic, France couldn't have won the 1999 semi-final because
>>> their recent record against NZ was poor. How does that work?
>>
>> By my logic I'm right 9 out of 11 times.
>> When your logic does better, then we'll talk.
>
> Blimey, this is ground-breaking stuff. Have you considered a career as a
> bookmaker, or even a professional pundit?
>
> So the nub of your 'logic' is that because NZ will beat France nine times
> out of eleven, you know in advance which matches are which and are thus
> armed with enough knowledge to make loud proclamations on rsc. I guess
> we'll just have to classify the occasions on which you turn out to be
> wrong as 'premature aeroplane-painting moments'.
>
> Meanwhile back in the real world, it must be considered highly doubtful
> that this makeshift French team can give NZ a decent run for its money
> tomorrow. However one consequence of them picking a side about which
> nobody in this part of the world knows very much is the introduction of an
> element of unpredictability. The likelihood is that they'll turn out to
> be even worse than we expect, but you never know.

Put it this way Dunny, I'm picking NZ for tomorrow, you pick who you like
and we'll see who's right and who's wrong eh? One thing is for sure, I'd
rather be wrong than sit on the fence hedging bets.

01 Jun 2007 17:57:04
Uncle Bully
Re: French myth

"The Green Phantom" <ask@the.right.time > wrote in message
> Uncle Bully wrote:
>> "Andrew Dunford" <adunford@artifax.net> wrote in message
>>> "Uncle Bully" <wakeupcall@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> wrote in message
>>> Gee, that's a brave call: you must know a lot about rugby.
>>>
>>> By your logic, France couldn't have won the 1999 semi-final because
>>> their recent record against NZ was poor. How does that work?
>>
>> By my logic I'm right 9 out of 11 times.
>> When your logic does better, then we'll talk.
>
> You haven't been right once in argument with anyone on this ng. It could
> be because the residents pick their ground carefully, I suggest not
> however.

It looks like I got you right.

01 Jun 2007 09:54:27
Devs
Re: French myth

In message <465fce41$0$14719$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au >, Uncle Bully
<wakeupcall@optushome.com.au.REMOVE > writes
>Put it this way Dunny, I'm picking NZ for tomorrow, you pick who you like
>and we'll see who's right and who's wrong eh? One thing is for sure, I'd
>rather be wrong than sit on the fence hedging bets.

Your life must be very empty when the team on your quilt cover being
overwhelming favourites causes you to crow so ungraciously. Can you feel
the pity coming your way?
--
Devs
"Punchdown Pete the old Kroner"

01 Jun 2007 18:51:52
alvey
Re: French myth

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 13:06:58 +1200, Andrew Dunford wrote:

snip boring

> So the nub of your 'logic' is that because NZ will beat France nine times
> out of eleven, you know in advance which matches are which and are thus
> armed with enough knowledge to make loud proclamations on rsc.
~~~
You can tell where your heart is AD.

alvey

01 Jun 2007 08:56:41
didgerman
Re: French myth

Matua wrote:
> "Uncle Bully" <wakeupcall@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> wrote in message
>> "didgerman" <didgerman@rfu.com> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> /puts a tenner on France
>> British Pounds? I'll take it.
>>

> You'll never get a penny out of Didge he's as tight as a fishes arse
> All talk no do. full of shit.

Either that or he uses an ordinary bookies for his betting, rather than
a Sydney rent boy.

> Matua

01 Jun 2007 09:57:58
The Green Phantom
Re: French myth

Uncle Bully wrote:
> "The Green Phantom" <ask@the.right.time> wrote in message
>> Uncle Bully wrote:
>>> "Andrew Dunford" <adunford@artifax.net> wrote in message

>>> By my logic I'm right 9 out of 11 times.
>>> When your logic does better, then we'll talk.
>> You haven't been right once in argument with anyone on this ng. It could
>> be because the residents pick their ground carefully, I suggest not
>> however.
>>

> It looks like I got you right.

It would be the first thing.

regards

The Green Phantom

01 Jun 2007 09:58:05
Devs
Re: French myth

In message <1180678764.602687.39710@d30g2000prg.googlegroups.com >, rick
boyd <boyd@comswest.net.au > writes
>That's not what I heard. Sloppy as Rock Hudson's arse after a hard
>night of curry and epsom salts. Well, that's what's on the back of a
>dunny door in Soho anyway.

Would that be Rock Hudson now or when he was still taking tallywhacker?
--
Devs
"Punchdown Pete the old Kroner"

01 Jun 2007 21:02:55
Andrew Dunford
Re: French myth

"alvey" <alvey_embarrassingstains@yahoo.com > wrote in message
> On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 13:06:58 +1200, Andrew Dunford wrote:
>
> snip boring
>>
>> So the nub of your 'logic' is that because NZ will beat France nine times
>> out of eleven, you know in advance which matches are which and are thus
>> armed with enough knowledge to make loud proclamations on rsc.
> ~~~
> You can tell where your heart is AD.

Oh, shit.

No, that's not an invitation to join - we have enough dullards there
already.

Andrew

01 Jun 2007 10:07:40
Devs
Re: French myth

In message <465f982f$0$19761$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au >, Mike
Thompson <I@dontthinkso.?.invalid > writes
>Uncle Bully wrote:
>> For the record, the French myth will be smashed once again this
>>weekend when the 'unpredicatble' ones get predictabley pummeled into
>>the turf.
>> How many shit French performances does it take before anyone will
>>admit that they are shit?
>>

>Given the thread, is this OT?
>
>http://3quarksdaily.blogs.com/3quarksdaily/2007/05/bill_maher_on_t.html

Blimey. A funny septic. Almost as rare as a funny jaapie although Harry
Enfield does a cracking impression of one at the moment.
--
Devs
"Punchdown Pete the old Kroner"

01 Jun 2007 09:55:03
didgerman
Re: French myth

Devs wrote:
> In message <1180678764.602687.39710@d30g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, rick
> boyd <boyd@comswest.net.au> writes
>> That's not what I heard. Sloppy as Rock Hudson's arse after a hard
>> night of curry and epsom salts. Well, that's what's on the back of a
>> dunny door in Soho anyway.
>
> Would that be Rock Hudson now or when he was still taking tallywhacker?

http://tinyurl.com/rnern

'Hello Rick, come on over, and bring Devs as well......'

01 Jun 2007 17:56:33
rick boyd
Re: French myth

Devs wrote:
> In message <1180678764.602687.39710@d30g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, rick
> boyd <boyd@comswest.net.au> writes
>
>> That's not what I heard. Sloppy as Rock Hudson's arse after a hard
>> night of curry and epsom salts. Well, that's what's on the back of a
>> dunny door in Soho anyway.
>

> Would that be Rock Hudson now or when he was still taking tallywhacker?

Not now I would hope. He's dead boring these days.

-- rick boyd

01 Jun 2007 11:43:50
Osbourne Ruddock
Re: French myth

rick boyd <boyd@comswest.net.au > wrote in news:1180678898.316376.207360
@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

>> Indeed, especially from the East Nelson region that some parochial fools
>> like to refer to as Marlborough.
>
> Fortunately not we men of the world who have supped of Chateau
> Brightwater and know better, eh Os?

Heh, you're not wrong actually Rick. We even win awards and all.

--
Cheers, Os

01 Jun 2007 21:53:41
Uncle Bully
Re: French myth

"Devs" <spamtrap@secondrow.co.uk > wrote in message
> In message <465fce41$0$14719$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>, Uncle Bully
> <wakeupcall@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> writes
>>Put it this way Dunny, I'm picking NZ for tomorrow, you pick who you like
>>and we'll see who's right and who's wrong eh? One thing is for sure, I'd
>>rather be wrong than sit on the fence hedging bets.
>
> Your life must be very empty when the team on your quilt cover being
> overwhelming favourites causes you to crow so ungraciously. Can you feel
> the pity coming your way?

Another fence sitter. Grow some balls man!

02 Jun 2007 00:52:54

> "Andrew Dunford" <adunford@artifax.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Uncle Bully" <wakeupcall@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Andrew Dunford" <adunford@artifax.net> wrote in message

>>> By my logic I'm right 9 out of 11 times.
>>> When your logic does better, then we'll talk.
>>
>> Blimey, this is ground-breaking stuff. Have you considered a career as a
>> bookmaker, or even a professional pundit?
>>
>> So the nub of your 'logic' is that because NZ will beat France nine times
>> out of eleven, you know in advance which matches are which and are thus
>> armed with enough knowledge to make loud proclamations on rsc. I guess
>> we'll just have to classify the occasions on which you turn out to be
>> wrong as 'premature aeroplane-painting moments'.
>>
>> Meanwhile back in the real world, it must be considered highly doubtful
>> that this makeshift French team can give NZ a decent run for its money
>> tomorrow. However one consequence of them picking a side about which
>> nobody in this part of the world knows very much is the introduction of
>> an element of unpredictability. The likelihood is that they'll turn out
>> to be even worse than we expect, but you never know.
>>

> Put it this way Dunny, I'm picking NZ for tomorrow, you pick who you like
> and we'll see who's right and who's wrong eh? One thing is for sure, I'd
> rather be wrong than sit on the fence hedging bets.

Nobody cares about the simple matter of picking a winner for tomorrow's
game. The point is that you can't do so without the 'French are crap'
stuff, which is why people think you're an arsehole. ¿Comprende?

Andrew

01 Jun 2007 16:22:09
Walter Mitty
Re: French myth

"Uncle Bully" <wakeupcall@optushome.com.au.REMOVE > writes:

> "Devs" <spamtrap@secondrow.co.uk> wrote in message
>> In message <465fce41$0$14719$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>, Uncle Bully
>> <wakeupcall@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> writes
>>>Put it this way Dunny, I'm picking NZ for tomorrow, you pick who you like
>>>and we'll see who's right and who's wrong eh? One thing is for sure, I'd
>>>rather be wrong than sit on the fence hedging bets.
>>
>> Your life must be very empty when the team on your quilt cover being
>> overwhelming favourites causes you to crow so ungraciously. Can you feel
>> the pity coming your way?
>
> Another fence sitter. Grow some balls man!

I think you're mistaking considered opinion and gracious understanding
for wavering.

01 Jun 2007 16:24:04
Walter Mitty
Re: French myth

"Uncle Bully" <wakeupcall@optushome.com.au.REMOVE > writes:

> "Ferdi" <NoSpam@atall.co.za> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 31 May 2007 21:45:19 +1000, "Uncle Bully"
>> <wakeupcall@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> wrote:
>>

>> <<>The myth that France possess some magic and can unleash heavenly
>> skill at
>>>any time. >>
>>
>> It was pretty the WC before last...
>
> 2 out of 11 doesn't cut it in professional sport.

Think of this game as "one off" and consider the lottery factor. Now go
and change your undies.

02 Jun 2007 08:26:29

> "Uncle Bully" <wakeupcall@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> wrote in message
>>
>> "Andrew Dunford" <adunford@artifax.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Uncle Bully" <wakeupcall@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> wrote in message

>>> Blimey, this is ground-breaking stuff. Have you considered a career as
>>> bookmaker, or even a professional pundit?
>>>
>>> So the nub of your 'logic' is that because NZ will beat France nine
>>> times
>>> out of eleven, you know in advance which matches are which and are thus
>>> armed with enough knowledge to make loud proclamations on rsc. I guess
>>> we'll just have to classify the occasions on which you turn out to be
>>> wrong as 'premature aeroplane-painting moments'.
>>>
>>> Meanwhile back in the real world, it must be considered highly doubtful
>>> that this makeshift French team can give NZ a decent run for its money
>>> tomorrow. However one consequence of them picking a side about which
>>> nobody in this part of the world knows very much is the introduction of
>>> an element of unpredictability. The likelihood is that they'll turn out
>>> to be even worse than we expect, but you never know.
>>>

>> Put it this way Dunny, I'm picking NZ for tomorrow, you pick who you like
>> and we'll see who's right and who's wrong eh? One thing is for sure, I'd
>> rather be wrong than sit on the fence hedging bets.
>
> Nobody cares about the simple matter of picking a winner for tomorrow's
> game.

I think you need to adjust your definition of nobody.

> The point is that you can't do so without the 'French are crap'
> stuff, which is why people think you're an arsehole. ¿Comprende?

Until points are handed out for what anonymous clowns on usenet think of us,
then I'll stick with topic at hand.
The point which you seem to be missing Dunny, is that every time France
plays a game someone trots out the tired 'oh you never know with those
French' line.
I'm merely saying I do know the French. They are not good enough and will
lose. Do you have the balls to say the same thing, or are you too tied up by
hokey superstitions?

01 Jun 2007 23:58:19

> Matua wrote:
>> "Uncle Bully" <wakeupcall@optushome.com.au.REMOVE> wrote in message
>>> "didgerman" <didgerman@rfu.com> wrote in message

>>> British Pounds? I'll take it.
>>>

>> You'll never get a penny out of Didge he's as tight as a fishes arse
>> All talk no do. full of shit.
>
> Either that or he uses an ordinary bookies for his betting, rather than a
> Sydney rent boy.

As I said FULL OF SHIT!!!

01 Jun 2007 21:11:31
SHUSSBAR
Re: French myth

On May 31, 6:25 pm, rick boyd <b...@comswest.net.au > wrote:
> Donnie wrote:
> > "rick boyd" <b...@comswest.net.au> a =E9crit
>
> >>Got her on that quality NZ thaugignon blanc again, eh? Lucky dog.
>
> > "Thaugignon" !!... Hehe, Gods are maybe immortal but they're a bit with
> > spelling unless they're pretty drunk at 5 pm... Another Sauvignon, and =
"sec"
> > this time for M. Le Boyde.
>
> Yeah OK Mr Smarty Frog Muncher, you try spelling sauvignon with a lisp
> in a hurry. You know what I meant.
>
> And the best sauvignon blanc in the world comes from Nelson, New
> Zealand, so stick that in your Gallic pipe and smoke it.
>
> -- rick boyd

Feel free to send me a case!