26 Jan 2008 19:51:33
Rugby Dan
AFP: Australia, NZealand set for historic Hong Kong rugby clash

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5g6JudlJ3asu5Q-qng-QbdgPb8xWg

Australia, NZealand set for historic Hong Kong rugby clash

HONG KONG (AFP) — Australia and New Zealand's rugby union
teams are set
to play each other in a historic one-off test in Hong Kong,
the first on
neutral turf outside a World Cup, a report said here Saturday.

The match has been slated for October following approval
from the
International Rugby Board (IRB), the sport's governing body,
Hong Kong's
South China Morning Post said.

Details of the test will be hammered out by officials from the
countries' rugby unions when they pay a three-day visit to
the city on
Sunday, the daily added.

"We have got approval from the IRB, who have no objection to
Australia
and New Zealand playing here," Hong Kong Rugby Football
Union (HKRFU)
executive director Allan Payne told the paper. "This is a
huge step forward.

"There is a lot of support for the match and we are closer
to signing a
deal."

The officials will visit Hong Kong Stadium, the proposed
venue, and
discuss issues including television rights and how revenue
will be
shared between the Australian, New Zealand and Hong Kong
rugby unions,
the paper said.

"This is the first time that such a game will be taking
place and there
is a lot of planning to do and a lot to talk about," said
Payne,
according to the paper.

The teams will be on a stopover in Hong Kong as they make
their way to
Europe for a series of matches following the Tri-Nations
series with
South Africa.

27 Jan 2008 16:09:28
Will_S
Re: Australia, NZealand set for historic Hong Kong rugby clash

translation : big money been offered