31 Jan 2007 09:36:43
Chris D
6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

Late notice I know, but I've now picked up the tipsters spreadsheet from
mg - and am happy to run with this over the 6N (assuming I can work out how
the damn thing works).

Anyway if ayone wants to post tips - do feel free . . . (please ensure home
team first).

To kick off, my tips are

Eng 36
Scot 9

Wales 24
Ireland 26

Italy 18
France 29

"Fill your boots!"

31 Jan 2007 01:47:17
isimeli
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

Eng 12
Scot 18

Wales 12
Ireland 26

Italy 15
France 36

31 Jan 2007 09:57:20
didgerman
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

Chris D wrote:
> Late notice I know, but I've now picked up the tipsters spreadsheet from
> mg - and am happy to run with this over the 6N (assuming I can work out how
> the damn thing works).

You star, well played.

Eng 29
Scot 15

Wales 6
Ireland 30

Italy 20
France 15

31 Jan 2007 02:34:54
David F
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

Thanks for taking it over - good luck!

Eng 25
Scot 18

Wales 17
Ireland 32

Italy 13
France 32

31 Jan 2007 11:57:15
Brian Elmegaard
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

"Chris D" <darvellc@NOSPAM.btinternet.com > writes:

Eng 26
Scot 19

Wales 20
Ireland 18

Italy 10
France 38

--
Brian (remove the sport for mail)
http://www.et.web.mek.dtu.dk/Staff/be/be.html

31 Jan 2007 11:00:33
bambam
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

"Chris D" <darvellc@NOSPAM.btinternet.com > wrote in news:nNKdnfVk0cS2
_l3YRVnyjwA@giganews.com:

Eng 36
Scot 20

Wales 23
Ireland 25

Italy 17
France 35

31 Jan 2007 11:28:17
Dave L
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

Eng 24
Scot 22
This is despite JW breaking a finger nail after 5 mins which leads to a
rare infection resulting in his arm being amputated.
He will be fit for the world cup though.

Wales 28
Ire 18
If Wales win I apologize in advance for my drunken postings

Italy 15
France 36

Dave

31 Jan 2007 03:44:17
Dave Keegan
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

On Jan 31, 6:28 am, Dave L <dave_the_glammy_...@yahoo.co.uk > wrote:
> Eng 24
> Scot 22
> This is despite JW breaking a finger nail after 5 mins which leads to a
> rare infection resulting in his arm being amputated.
> He will be fit for the world cup though.
>
> Wales 28
> Ire 18
> If Wales win I apologize in advance for my drunken postings
>
> Italy 15
> France 36
>
> Dave

Posting while drunk, now there's a novel idea....

Eng 0
Scot 18

Wales 18
Ireland 20

Italy 21
France 24

Keegan

31 Jan 2007 11:58:43
Dave L
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

> Posting while drunk, now there's a novel idea....

Trouble is I've got a bottle of absinthe which will probably get eased into
after a day on Brains SA, Woods rum and curry.
btw I'm not in work on Monday.

Dave

31 Jan 2007 12:17:05
Chris D
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

"Dave L" <dave_the_glammy_fan@yahoo.co.uk > wrote in message
>> Posting while drunk, now there's a novel idea....
>
> Trouble is I've got a bottle of absinthe which will probably get eased
> into
> after a day on Brains SA, Woods rum and curry.
> btw I'm not in work on Monday.
>
> Dave

Absinthe? So that will be Monday 12th Feb, then?

31 Jan 2007 05:04:33
GHFAN
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

Eng 27
Scot 23

Wales 18
Ireland 28

Italy 11
France 23

31 Jan 2007 14:19:09
Dave L
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

> Absinthe? So that will be Monday 12th Feb, then?

Mind you absinthe is green so if Ireland win maybe I'll donate it.
That'll teach them.

Dave

31 Jan 2007 14:22:52

>> Absinthe? So that will be Monday 12th Feb, then?
>>

> Mind you absinthe is green so if Ireland win maybe I'll donate it.
> That'll teach them.
>
> Dave

And, of course, absinthe makes the heart grow fonder!

31 Jan 2007 06:25:20
Richard Bridgman
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

Eng 32
Scot 17

Wales 30
Ireland 32

Italy 15
France 40

Thanks Chris! Email me if you need any help with the spreadsheet.

Richard Bridgman

31 Jan 2007 14:26:32
didgerman
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

Chris D wrote:
> "Dave L" <dave_the_glammy_fan@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Absinthe? So that will be Monday 12th Feb, then?
>>>

>> Mind you absinthe is green so if Ireland win maybe I'll donate it.
>> That'll teach them.
>>
>> Dave
>>

> And, of course, absinthe makes the heart grow fonder!

Huzzah, bad jokes and tipping, together at last.....

Of course once absinthe is over, you can Whippet Inn Cider.

/god that's shit....

31 Jan 2007 06:29:04
simon s-b
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

Eng 28
Scot 18

Wales 24
Ireland 22
(logic says this is wrong, but I feels it in me bones I tells ya)

Italy 9
France 32

Thank christ it's almost here. Does this mean we can go back to
talking about Rugby now, rather than MG's imaginary friend?

31 Jan 2007 14:37:09
Chris D
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

"didgerman" <didgerman@rfu.com > wrote in message
> Chris D wrote:
>> "Dave L" <dave_the_glammy_fan@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> Mind you absinthe is green so if Ireland win maybe I'll donate it.
>>> That'll teach them.
>>>
>>> Dave
>>>

>> And, of course, absinthe makes the heart grow fonder!
>
> Huzzah, bad jokes and tipping, together at last.....
>
> Of course once absinthe is over, you can Whippet Inn Cider.
>
> /god that's shit....

There's no beginnings to my talents!

Now, cow tipping, that IS a talent!

31 Jan 2007 14:51:28
Chris D
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

"Richard Bridgman" <rhb919@hotmail.com > wrote in message

> Eng 32
> Scot 17
>
> Wales 30
> Ireland 32
>
> Italy 15
> France 40
>
> Thanks Chris! Email me if you need any help with the spreadsheet.
>
> Richard Bridgman

Will do, Richard, thanks - think I've sussed most of it - though the 2
alternative scoring algorithms are intriguing - starting with 100 bonus &
subtracting OR starting with 50 bonus & adding? Interesting!

31 Jan 2007 15:17:42

> "Dave L" <dave_the_glammy_fan@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Absinthe? So that will be Monday 12th Feb, then?
>>>

>> Mind you absinthe is green so if Ireland win maybe I'll donate it.
>> That'll teach them.
>>
>> Dave
>>

> And, of course, absinthe makes the heart grow fonder!

I'll end up going AWOL - Absinthe without leave

Dave

31 Jan 2007 15:22:41
Dave L
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

> Huzzah, bad jokes and tipping, together at last.....
>
> Of course once absinthe is over, you can Whippet Inn Cider.
>
> /god that's shit....

She'll find that hard to swallow

Dave

01 Feb 2007 06:32:30
Greig Blanchett
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:36:43 -0000, "Chris D"
<darvellc@NOSPAM.btinternet.com > wrote:

Eng 18
Scot 24

Wales 24
Ireland 18

Italy 18
France 18

--
greig

31 Jan 2007 17:52:21
Gareth Slee
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

Chris D <darvellc@NOSPAM.btinternet.com > wrote:

> Late notice I know, but I've now picked up the tipsters spreadsheet from

Eng 20
Scot 23

Wales 27
Ireland 23

Italy 12
France 35

--
Gareth Slee
http://www.meroffice.com

31 Jan 2007 10:27:29
Uncle Dave
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

On Jan 31, 10:36 am, "Chris D" <darve...@NOSPAM.btinternet.com > wrote:
> Late notice I know, but I've now picked up the tipsters spreadsheet from
> mg - and am happy to run with this over the 6N (assuming I can work out how
> the damn thing works).

Eng 22
Scot 13

Wales 32
Ireland 27

Italy 22
France 25

UD

31 Jan 2007 18:31:18
Mike
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

Eng 30
Scot 15

Wales 18
Ireland 24

Italy 15
France 25

Mike

31 Jan 2007 11:01:09
ruggeryoda
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

Eng 24
Scot 12

Wales 35
Ireland 13

Italy 19
France 40

31 Jan 2007 13:41:09
Mr Zog
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

Eng 21
Scot 17

Wales 12
Ireland 23

Italy 6
France 37

Cheers

Zog

01 Feb 2007 09:33:21
Geoff Muldoon
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

Eng 23 - 15 Sco
Wal 28 - 26 Ire
Ita 13 - 31 Fra

Geoff M

31 Jan 2007 22:53:03
Rob Stradling
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

Italy 20
France 36

England 24
Scotland 13

Wales 16
Ireland 27

What price a duck? I'd be quack happy.

31 Jan 2007 22:49:03
The Green Phantom
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

Rob Stradling wrote:

> Italy 20
> France 36
>
> England 24
> Scotland 13
>
> Wales 16
> Ireland 27
>

> What price a duck? I'd be quack happy.

Sorry your Nan couldn't get a game Rob.

regards

The Green Phantom

01 Feb 2007 00:32:14
Rob Stradling
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

The Green Phantom wrote:

> Sorry your Nan couldn't get a game Rob.

I'm sad to say, the grand old thing joined the Hall of Fame last summer.

So Hal Luscombe just edges her on current form.

01 Feb 2007 13:50:37
Stephen Doyle
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

"Chris D" <darvellc@NOSPAM.btinternet.com > wrote in message
> Late notice I know, but I've now picked up the tipsters spreadsheet from
> mg - and am happy to run with this over the 6N (assuming I can work out
how
> the damn thing works).
>
> Anyway if ayone wants to post tips - do feel free . . . (please ensure
home
> team first).
>
> To kick off, my tips are
>
> Eng 36
> Scot 9
>
> Wales 24
> Ireland 26
>
> Italy 18
> France 29
>
> "Fill your boots!"

Eng 27
Sco 15

Wales 21
Ire 21

Italy 9
Fra 36

Cheers
Stephen

01 Feb 2007 18:04:50
Walter Mitty
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

Eng 24
Scot 15

Wales 3
Ireland 26

Italy 6
France 21

01 Feb 2007 10:39:11
Walter Mitty
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

Greig Blanchett <greigb@nNzOrSfPu.AcMom > writes:

> On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:36:43 -0000, "Chris D"
> <darvellc@NOSPAM.btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> Eng 18
> Scot 24
>
> Wales 24
> Ireland 18
>
> Italy 18
> France 18

Greig is obviously in need of a wooden spoon for his RWC stirring.

01 Feb 2007 23:50:46
Scott Lemon
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

England 28
Scotland 11

Wales 18
Ireland 24

Italy 6
France 45

01 Feb 2007 11:04:06
Tim Jesson
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

England 38 Scotland 12
Wales 19 Ireland 25
Italy 17 France 30

01 Feb 2007 11:06:55
Tim Jesson
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

> Eng 18
> Scot 24
>
> Wales 24
> Ireland 18
>
> Italy 18
> France 18

Is there a word for a number 18 fetish?

Cheers,
TJ

01 Feb 2007 12:18:14
Walter Mitty
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

"Tim Jesson" <timno@spamthanxthejessons.co.uk > writes:

>> Eng 18
>> Scot 24
>>
>> Wales 24
>> Ireland 18
>>
>> Italy 18
>> France 18
>
> Is there a word for a number 18 fetish?

18ex worship?

01 Feb 2007 13:36:10
The Green Phantom
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

Tim Jesson wrote:
>> Eng 18
>> Scot 24
>>
>> Wales 24
>> Ireland 18
>>
>> Italy 18
>> France 18
>
> Is there a word for a number 18 fetish?

Unless I am much mistaken that would be an octadecophile.

Nurse: next patient please.

regards

The Green Phantom

01 Feb 2007 14:06:30
River Tramp
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

England 21 Scotland 19
Wales 5 Ireland 18
Italy 12 France 21

IanC

02 Feb 2007 06:31:07
Greig Blanchett
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 11:06:55 -0000, "Tim Jesson"
<timno@spamthanxthejessons.co.uk > wrote:

>> Eng 18
>> Scot 24
>>
>> Wales 24
>> Ireland 18
>>
>> Italy 18
>> France 18
>
>Is there a word for a number 18 fetish?
>
>Cheers,
>TJ

Actually, it's a number 3 fetish.

--
greig

01 Feb 2007 19:49:26
Stomper
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

Eng 25
Scot 14

Wales 16
Ireland 29

Italy 16
France 42

Karl aka Stomper

02 Feb 2007 14:31:10
Road_HogŪ
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

"Chris D" <darvellc@NOSPAM.btinternet.com > wrote in message

Eng 19
Scot 13

Wales 20
Ireland 18

Italy 13
France 28

02 Feb 2007 16:54:27
Ali Day
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

Eng 27
Scot 12

Wales 10
Ireland 35

Italy 9
France 29

Cheers

Peter Twydell
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

England 28 Scotland 15

Wales 10 Ireland 24

Italy 18 France 15

--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

02 Feb 2007 12:12:11
hognoxious
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

On Jan 31, 10:36 am, "Chris D" <darve...@NOSPAM.btinternet.com > wrote:
> Late notice I know, but I've now picked up the tipsters spreadsheet from
> mg - and am happy to run with this over the 6N (assuming I can work out how
> the damn thing works).

You can email it to me if you have any probs, I use excel a fair bit
in RL (as in real life, not what some assclowns want to turn our game
into)

Eng 30
Scot 9

Wales 13
Ireland 36

Italy 17
France 30

Damn google groups, my news server is teh b0rked.

02 Feb 2007 20:21:49
Chris D
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

"hognoxious" <hognoxious.kosher@gmail.com > wrote in message
> On Jan 31, 10:36 am, "Chris D" <darve...@NOSPAM.btinternet.com> wrote:
>> Late notice I know, but I've now picked up the tipsters spreadsheet from
>> mg - and am happy to run with this over the 6N (assuming I can work out
>> how
>> the damn thing works).
>
> You can email it to me if you have any probs, I use excel a fair bit
> in RL (as in real life, not what some assclowns want to turn our game
> into)
>
> Eng 30
> Scot 9
>
> Wales 13
> Ireland 36
>
> Italy 17
> France 30
>
> Damn google groups, my news server is teh b0rked.

Thanks for offer - have deduced most of the methods / calculations- will
shout LOUDLY if I have problems.
Cheers

02 Feb 2007 15:53:39
Will
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

Aileachain

> Eng 33
> Scot 11
>
> Wales 24
> Ireland 35
>
> Italy 21
> France 42

03 Feb 2007 10:48:12
DaveyWavey
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

Hmmmm.....

England 18
Scotland 13

(despite the scores being divisible by 3, I do expect a couple of
tries)

Wales 20
Ireland 36

Italy 9
France 25

03 Feb 2007 10:51:54
Chris D
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

"DaveyWavey" <daveyWavey@none.com > wrote in message
> Hmmmm.....
>
> England 18
> Scotland 13
>
> (despite the scores being divisible by 3, I do expect a couple of
> tries)

= 6 & 4.3333333333333333 ?

(takes pedant hat off)

> Wales 20
> Ireland 36
>
> Italy 9
> France 25

Phew - with just a couple of hours to go before kick-off! I bet you buy all
you Xmas presents on Xmas Eve as well.

03 Feb 2007 11:59:39
Charles
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:36:43 -0000, "Chris D"
<darvellc@NOSPAM.btinternet.com > wrote:

>Late notice I know, but I've now picked up the tipsters spreadsheet from
>mg - and am happy to run with this over the 6N (assuming I can work out how
>the damn thing works).

England 35
Scotland 15

Wales 25
Ireland 20

Italy 10
France 30

04 Feb 2007 01:44:48
DaveyWavey
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 10:51:54 -0000, "Chris D"
<darvellc@NOSPAM.btinternet.com > wrote:

>"DaveyWavey" <daveyWavey@none.com> wrote in message
>> Hmmmm.....
>>
>> England 18
>> Scotland 13
>>
>> (despite the scores being divisible by 3, I do expect a couple of
>> tries)
>

>= 6 & 4.3333333333333333 ?
>
>(takes pedant hat off)

Fair enough. I changed my mind on the Scotland score after penning
that sentence.

07 Feb 2007 18:16:26
Dave L
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

> Absinthe? So that will be Monday 12th Feb, then?

You weren't far wrong.
I died about 10am Monday coughing spluttering.
Been in bed for the best part of 2 days that's without absinthe or
Katherine J

Dave

07 Feb 2007 19:14:32

>> Absinthe? So that will be Monday 12th Feb, then?
>>
> You weren't far wrong.
> I died about 10am Monday coughing spluttering.
> Been in bed for the best part of 2 days that's without absinthe or
> Katherine J
>
> Dave

The lurgy? Damn. Should've done the absinthe - no germs would've got
passed the green fairy.
(Now, if that isn't a cue for some of the unsavoury characters here, then I
don't know what is!)

08 Feb 2007 12:44:32
didgerman
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

Chris D wrote:
> "Dave L" <dave_the_glammy_fan@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Absinthe? So that will be Monday 12th Feb, then?
>>>
>> You weren't far wrong.
>> I died about 10am Monday coughing spluttering.
>> Been in bed for the best part of 2 days that's without absinthe or
>> Katherine J
>>
>> Dave
>>

> The lurgy? Damn. Should've done the absinthe - no germs would've got
> passed the green fairy.
> (Now, if that isn't a cue for some of the unsavoury characters here, then I
> don't know what is!)

He may wear an incredible amount of clothes at the slightest sign of a
chilly breeze, but I'd hardly call the Phantom a fairy....

08 Feb 2007 13:03:32
The Green Phantom
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

didgerman wrote:
> Chris D wrote:
>> "Dave L" <dave_the_glammy_fan@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>>
>>> You weren't far wrong.
>>> I died about 10am Monday coughing spluttering.
>>> Been in bed for the best part of 2 days that's without absinthe or
>>> Katherine J
>>>
>>> Dave
>>>

>> The lurgy? Damn. Should've done the absinthe - no germs would've got
>> passed the green fairy.
>> (Now, if that isn't a cue for some of the unsavoury characters here,
>> then I don't know what is!)
>>

> He may wear an incredible amount of clothes at the slightest sign of a
> chilly breeze, but I'd hardly call the Phantom a fairy....

Listen mate, when I consider what's swilling around in my veins... I
have to wear lots of clothes to avoid scaring passers by with the
unearthly, green glow.

regards

The Green Phantom

08 Feb 2007 13:24:38
didgerman
Re: 6N 2007 -Tipping Comp

The Green Phantom wrote:
> didgerman wrote:
>> Chris D wrote:
>>> "Dave L" <dave_the_glammy_fan@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

>>> The lurgy? Damn. Should've done the absinthe - no germs would've got
>>> passed the green fairy.
>>> (Now, if that isn't a cue for some of the unsavoury characters here,
>>> then I don't know what is!)
>>>
>> He may wear an incredible amount of clothes at the slightest sign of a
>> chilly breeze, but I'd hardly call the Phantom a fairy....
>
> Listen mate, when I consider what's swilling around in my veins... I
> have to wear lots of clothes to avoid scaring passers by with the
> unearthly, green glow.

That'll be years of clubhouse beer.....