24 Jan 2005 14:31:12
Sarah Farquhar
unusual E-bay item

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5553119006

wonder if they'll get any offers?!

Sarah

Re: unusual E-bay item

Sarah Farquhar wrote:
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5553119006
>
> wonder if they'll get any offers?!
>
> Sarah

I see they've got a couple of bidders, but probably haven't reached
their reserve price.

They look like useful ladies, so would be worth having for a day.
Possible applications:

- Coaching for a corporate rowing day
- Helping out at a regatta or other event
- Cooking/serving a club dinner (providing at least some of them can
cook)

I'm tempted to bid, but don't have the means to transport them to and
from Cambridge. Surely someone out there will find a use for them - it
would be a shame to let them go for just a tenner.

Caroline

25 Jan 2005 06:03:15
Re: unusual E-bay item

carolinetu@aol.com wrote:
> Sarah Farquhar wrote:
> > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5553119006
> >
> > wonder if they'll get any offers?!
> >
> > Sarah
>
> I see they've got a couple of bidders, but probably haven't reached
> their reserve price.
>
> They look like useful ladies, so would be worth having for a day.
> Possible applications:
>
> - Coaching for a corporate rowing day
> - Helping out at a regatta or other event
> - Cooking/serving a club dinner (providing at least some of them can
> cook)
>
> I'm tempted to bid, but don't have the means to transport them to and
> from Cambridge. Surely someone out there will find a use for them -
it
> would be a shame to let them go for just a tenner.
>
> Caroline

27 Jan 2005 15:29:23
Henry Law
Re: unusual E-bay item

On 25 Jan 2005 01:21:39 -0800, carolinetu@aol.com wrote:

>Sarah Farquhar wrote:
>> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5553119006
>>
>> wonder if they'll get any offers?!

>I see they've got a couple of bidders, but probably haven't reached
>their reserve price.

They're up to nearly fifty quid; and there's an added comment that
says the whole thing is in aid of charity.

Some university or college men's crew should have a whip-round,
generate a stonking great bid, and all go up to Cambridge for a crew
date!

30 Jan 2005 02:01:35
Joe Tynan
Re: unusual E-bay item

Damn shame I'm in the US. Oh, and broke.

However, having the dirty mind I do have, perhaps it would be best if
they rephrased the descriptiong a bit? I would be mighty intimidated
by "8 <women > and their cox".

Joe

Henry Law <lawshouse.public@btconnect.com > wrote:

>On 25 Jan 2005 01:21:39 -0800, carolinetu@aol.com wrote:
>

>>Sarah Farquhar wrote:
>>> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5553119006
>>>
>>> wonder if they'll get any offers?!
>

>>I see they've got a couple of bidders, but probably haven't reached
>>their reserve price.
>
>They're up to nearly fifty quid; and there's an added comment that
>says the whole thing is in aid of charity.
>
>Some university or college men's crew should have a whip-round,
>generate a stonking great bid, and all go up to Cambridge for a crew
>date!

To get in contact with me via email, please remove the NOSPAM from the email address.