29 May 2004 14:57:12
The Smolenski's
searching forsmall offshore passagemaker

i'm looking for designs for small offshore rowing cruisers
something smaller sleeker than the boats used for crossing the ocean

any ideas??

smo

01 Jun 2004 18:02:51
William R. Platt
Re: searching forsmall offshore passagemaker

"The Smolenski's" <smo@netonecom.net > wrote in message
> i'm looking for designs for small offshore rowing cruisers
> something smaller sleeker than the boats used for crossing the ocean
>
> any ideas??
>
> smo

Hi,

I designed an open 23 footer two years ago. It is used for cruising the
Chesapeake Bay and other estuaries, with two persons and gear. It also has
a small lug rig for downwind sailing, and for keeping rain out, a tent fits
over her nicely. Made of cedar, she weighed in at under 200 lbs. On trials
at Mystic, two people (with no gear) kept her at a steady 6 knots on a 2
mile row in calm conditions.

You can see her at Http://plattdesign.net the "Fairfield Gig."

I would be happy to speak to you further---contact info on my web-site.

Best regards,

Bill Platt