Branson's boats on the Tideway again (but it's a car too)
http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/press_release.view.do?press_id=2133 "But unlike our other limos when the Gibbs Aquada hits traffic on its way to or from central London the driver simply...

Good sculls (oars)
I am currently in the market for some used (or new if i'm lucky) sculls. I am a reasonably experianced sculler (4 years of schoolboy) in my first year at a rowing club. I have access to a si...

training for 2k vs 1k
Hi RSR, Traditionally in the States, masters (>27 years old) races have been 1000 meters. This year, there are a couple of races in Philadelphia experimenting with a 2000 meter...

Things to do while at Henley Royal Regatta
We (Boston University) are bringing two crews over for HRR (Temple Cup and Ladies Plate) for the first time since 1986. I am wondering about what type of activities and "don't miss" sights w...

Re: UK Regatta Calendar 2004
hello thought I'd resurrect this topic, as after looking at the Marlow draw ( http://www.marlowregatta.org.uk/news_item.asp?page=18 ) there doesn't appear to be any womens entries...

"You don't want to lose novice status".
From the mouth of a high ranking organiser - "You don't want to lose novice status, do you?". I just want to check - is that the feeling of others out there? I was staggered by th...

Re: Any new rowing-based books out there?
I got the Sara Hall book for christmas - I really enjoyed it, but I'm a 28 year old female! it has a lot of really good imagery about rowing/sculling in it - a lot of stuff about why she lik...

Re: Henley Women's
"Charles Owen" <charles.owen@merton.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message news:<caejmn$6p4$1@news.ox.ac.uk>... > Was S4 amalgamated into S3? so far the WeHoRR has not had S4 c...

Di Ellis CBE
In the Birthday Honours today, congratulations to Di Ellis who collects a CBE for services to rowing. Richard

Books that have changed how you think about rowing...
Following on from the recent thread about rowing books that would make a good present, I thought it might be interesting to ask the wider RSR community as to which books helped them develop ...

Neil Thomas
News was received of the death late last night, after a long illness, of Neil Thomas, President of the Amateur Rowing Association from 1985 to 1993. Neil was a FISA umpire from 1972 to...

Make $500,000 a year with Sports!
I'm looking for people who want to make at least $500,000.00 a year. I bet on sports for a living and before you start rolling your eyes, I have a PhD with advanced mathematics being my fie...

Are any boat clubs a memeber of the landfill tax credit scheme?
i am a member of loughborough boat club and we have been looking into applying to be an environmental body, which are part of the landfill tax credit scheme. However we are struggling to see...

2x/2- For Sale
For Sale, Sims Evolution 2-/2x (75-80kg), FISA minimum weight, Excellent condition, less than 1 ˝ years old, includes both 2- riggers and 2x riggers and a pair of dreissigacker sweep oar b...

Any new rowing-based books out there?
Hi there What with Father's Day coming up in two weeks, am looking to buy my dad a good read (former rowing coach and Henley winner...) He LOVED the Craig Lambert book "Mind...

Re: ARA Competition Review (England) (was Re: Competition Review meeting)
The perils of using Google's Beta service that keeps giving me error messages when trying to post!! :( Luke PS Sorry.

Re: ARA Competition Review (England) (was Re: Competition Review meeting)
The perils of using Google's Beta service that keeps giving me error messages when trying to post!! :( Luke PS Sorry.

Re: ARA Competition Review (England) (was Re: Competition Review meeting)
The perils of using Google's Beta service that keeps giving me error messages when trying to post!! :( Luke PS Sorry.

Re: Henley Women's
I guess it has been difficult for all coaches and clubs to decide what events to go for in the new system - like anything new it is probably going to take a little while (at least one year) ...

Re: ARA Competition Review (England) (was Re: Competition Review meeting)
The perils of using Google's Beta service that keeps giving me error messages when trying to post!! :( Luke PS Sorry.

Re: ARA Competition Review (England) (was Re: Competition Review meeting)
The perils of using Google's Beta service that keeps giving me error messages when trying to post!! :( Luke PS Sorry.

Re: ARA Competition Review (England) (was Re: Competition Review meeting)
My earlier-posted proposal does suggest this as I too believe that to come 2nd, 3rd and even 4th and 5th in an event of the size you quote is a considerable achievement and should be rewarde...

[...]

self cleaning windows - and boats?
O.K - I know this is a long shot - but after rowing in rivers which coat your boat in sludge or grime - but would the sort of idea mooted in the following BBC report be likely to work on bo...

mini-rowing figures
I know this is a strange request but I am hoping this might have come up in the past. My daughter is getting married in the fall and because she and her fiancé met on a rowing team, I am try...

Sims Evolution for Sale
2001 wing rigged Sims Evolution for sale. Made for 13st person, in good condition. Includes NK SpeedCoach. Contact me at steadyeddy02*at*hotmail.com

Henley Women's
According to their website "The Draw will take place at 10am on Sunday 6th June", but there is nothing further on their site. Anyone have any news?

Page: 0  1  2  3

2018
JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSep
2017