bicycling as cross training
I can't row daily, but can usually find time to bicycle. Does anyone have suggestions for bicycling exercises that would help my rowing fitness? Thanks Greg Walcott ...

Athens Olympics - watching
I have bought a couple of tickets for the rowing finals at the Athens Olympics (if it isn't too windy...) and I am trying to find the best way to get there and looking for somewhere to sta...

Another year gone, and still no action on shell buoyancy
We are about to enter a 4th new year since the unnecessary death of Leo Blockley during a swamping incident (www.leoblockley.tk). And still almost nothing practical, & absolutely nothing ...

Need 1X Transport Boston-Seattle.
I have a single coming in on the 7th. It needs a ride to its new home in Seattle. Anybody going that way, or know of a builder heading out? YOu will be paid for this. I can get it anywhere o...

Party invite to all rowing men
and gals, Counting down in every time zone! Herc -- <^> <()> <^> ---- <^> <()> <^> 2004 <^> <()> <^&...

Need to donate Alden Ocean Double for 2003 tax break.
Hi, yes, I know I am cutting it close, but I want to make this donation to a 501(c)(3) or similar non-profit so I can get the tax break. The boat itself has a problem. It was onl...

decision of Wayne Pommen
Thanks to a link to an article from Ed's row2k.com site http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/3335497.stm I read the story of Canadian Nat'l teamer Wayne Pommen who i...

Watch this space...
Spotted a letter in today's (27 December) Daily Telegraph (also online at http://tinyurl.com/2sayn) suggesting a sex-bias in the honours system. Sir Francis Chichester got himself a knighth...

wing riggers
Hey all, At the moment I'm considering buying a scull. I've been out of rowing for 5 years and since I've come back it seems like South Africa has caught up with the wing rigger c...

2k erg times
Hey all, A while back there was a post about doing a 5k erg trial and the times they should aim for. I was wondering if someone can point me in the direction of that post. Or othe...

Boat run up and down East coast, USA
I'll be delivering new Filippis up and down the East coast, and can take some small boats in either direction. Leaving Boston on 1/9, and going all the way to Miami. Please drop m...

Selling our 2X/2-
We are selling our 1992 Vespoli Carbon Ultralite 2x/2-. '92 Olympic boat that has been very well cared for. $3500 for shell, riggers, cover, two like new C2 sweep hatchets, and 2 sets of C2 ...

Fastest 4K, 6K, 10K?
Hello All, Just doing a little informal research for a personal project. We've all read and seen what the current fastest 2K's are and we can look at US National Team testing to g...

old aluminum single
I visited a friend on Cape Cod last week. He had a single built in England, it was aluminum construction and was a boat builder like 'Redolo'. (Had trouble reading label). Inter...

Mystic bust
Kids and I took a week long car tour of the Northeast US. We were looking at a few colleges and giving reward to kids for good school work. JD, stopped by Yale and checked it out...

A question about abbreviations.
I got into trouble recently by using the abbreviation "GBR" for "Great Britain" on an online forum. I couldn't think where I'd seen that abbreviation until I remembered I'd seen it on the C...

USRowing Fatality Invesitgation Committee
In light of all one of our most favorite topics... USRowing, in their latest member newsletter announced they have instituted a "Fatality Investigation Committee". It's purpose is: ...

1992 2-/2X Vespoli Carbon Ultralite For Sale
Regretably, we must part with this fine boat that we have rowed for eleven years. Shell, riggers, cover, extra seat, 2 almost new sweep hatchets, and two sets of carbon Vortex tip C2 sculls ...

John Wyatt ??
Don't worry, nothing personal. A couple of weeks ago, one of our members turned up a photo of a club eight winning the local championship (the four Brussels clubs, plus their near...

Cambridge Town Bumps 2004 Thread #2
Hi Playmates Saint Nick is definitely on his way to the Cambridge Town Bumps 2004. The flights are booked, so I now need a seat to row in. Either side, and my bum's small enough (...

Best Rowing Picture
Here's one of the worst... Me, at selection regatta three days ago... http://www.rowingaustralia.com.au/images/D59A7326.JPG And James Worrell, you'll keep, you bugger....

Merry Christmas A Christmas gift to everyone
Merry Christmas Merry Christmas Merry Christmas Merry Christmas A Christmas gift to every one This Is the best Christmas gift I ever had. It changed My Life I want every one to sh...

rowing parents - SF Bay area
blondeanimation@aol.comNOSPAM2D (NOSPAM2DAYJennifer Summers) wrote in message news:<20031219121614.04241.00001358@mb-m29.aol.com>... > Post a note for a babysitter at local colleges or t...

Source for rowing news please
Hi Can anyone direct me to a website or other online resource that has news, articles or interviews om the rowing world. One of the reasons I ask is because I wanted to read...

Bulb bow
Hi group, has anyone ever tried to model a rowing shell with a bulb bow, like the ones used on large seagoing ships? Would it work? I can imagine that the heaving of ...

Henley Entry
The 'Intermediate' level at Henley Royal comprises The Ladies', The Men's Quad and the Visitors'; but generally the quality of the entries in the Visitors' does not seem to be on par ...

Rowing Coach - Boulder, CO
ROWING COACH WANTED Boulder Community Rowing seeks one or more coaches for its summer 2004 season. We run a Learn-to-Row program, a Recreational program, and a Competitive progra...

in search of a parody
Hi. Many years ago, I got an e-mail that was going around the Virginia rowers, that was a take off from Baby Got Back. Rowers Got Back, all about how women should have big butts and thighs...

Why Empacher?
Hello I've wondered about this for some time now and finally thought I'd actially ask people the question; Why Empacher? Even though Empacher's domminance at...

Re: HydroDynamic Lifting
Article: 101613 of rec.sport.rowing From: watkinson@compuserve.com (Bill Atkinson) Newsgroups: rec.sport.rowing Subject: Re: HydroDynamic Lifting Message-ID: <4d4dec30.031...

Page: 0  1  2

2017