29 Apr 2006 21:51:13
Henry Law
"True Blue" on DVD?

Everyone's so contemptuous of the film in RSR that someone surely must
have a copy to sell. I like it and would like a DVD copy since sooner
or later my VCR will expire.

Oh, and yes I /do/ mean the Oxford-Cambridge rowing one, not the other
one. (No, and not that other other one either).

--

Henry Law < >< Manchester, England

29 Apr 2006 19:20:38
Re: "True Blue" on DVD?

In the U.S. it is being distributed under the name "Miracle at Oxford"

30 Apr 2006 16:42:35
Rachel Quarrell
Re: "True Blue" on DVD?

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006, Henry Law wrote:

> Everyone's so contemptuous of the film in RSR that someone surely must
> have a copy to sell. I like it and would like a DVD copy since sooner
> or later my VCR will expire.
>
> Oh, and yes I /do/ mean the Oxford-Cambridge rowing one, not the other
> one. (No, and not that other other one either).
> --
> Henry Law <>< Manchester, England

Amazon are still selling it, though their price is a tenner. See
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004S8I8/qid=1146410770/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_11_1/203-6014492-5103119
for info. Also available at a similar price from others - see Froogle's
listing on
http://froogle.google.co.uk/froogle_cluster?q=%22true+blue%22+dvd&pid=1710647096250947480&oid=8606050521644198846&btnG=Search+Froogle&scoring=mrd&hl=en
for details but check the zone before you commit. I bought from Play.com
at five quid last summer (listed on the Rowing Service in June) but they
no longer have it in stock. Better not to buy 'Miracle at Oxford' if
you're in the UK unless you want to mess about with region settings.

And no, I won't rip a copy off for anyone - Dan's a friend and I'd rather
he at least get the satisfaction of knowing it's still selling, even if
the royalties aren't up to much. [Though I know you wouldn't even ask, of
course Henry.]

RQ.

30 Apr 2006 17:37:24
Henry Law
Re: "True Blue" on DVD?

Rachel Quarrell wrote:
> Amazon are still selling it, though their price is a tenner. See
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004S8I8/qid=1146410770/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_11_1/203-6014492-5103119
> for info.

Extraordinary. I have a "pre-order" sitting with Amazon for a copy;
it's been sitting there for three weeks, hence my posting to the news
group when I ran out of patience. "Hello Am, this is Zon speaking, are
you receiving me?"

Thanks, Rachel; I'll order one from there. A tenner's OK.

--

Henry Law < >< Manchester, England

02 May 2006 05:40:25
Ian McHugh
Re: "True Blue" on DVD?

I got a copy from Amazon a year or two ago. Looks like they've still
got 5 left:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004S8I8/qid=1146573500/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_11_1/202-9102661-5571819

Ian

03 May 2006 10:11:09
Neil Wallace
Re: "True Blue" on DVD?

Henry Law wrote:
> sooner or later my VCR will expire.

Get something like this.....
http://audiovisual.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/ps_10542152/100304323.html

DVD recorder _with Hard drive_

Then you can rip all your videos to DVD easily.

06 May 2006 14:17:13
Caroline Smith
Re: "True Blue" on DVD?

> Everyone's so contemptuous of the film in RSR that someone surely must
> have a copy to sell. I like it and would like a DVD copy since sooner or
> later my VCR will expire.

I found mine in HMV aaages ago but I'd imagine it's still out there. Think
mine was 5 or so.
(I lent someone my video and never got it back)