29 Aug 2006 15:18:27
TonyW
Men's single at Eton

Couple of questions

What went wrong with Campbell's equipment?
I heard Hacker collapsed after the final - I trust he is now OK?

29 Aug 2006 23:39:42
Alistair Groves
Re: Men's single at Eton

TonyW wrote:
> Couple of questions
>
> What went wrong with Campbell's equipment?
> I heard Hacker collapsed after the final - I trust he is now OK?

I think it was the independant that said he lost his pin. Not sure how
true that is though, would have though he'd have finished a lot slower
without a pin...

Marcel was fine, he was helping load the TV cats on the trailer the next
day.

Alistair

30 Aug 2006 00:28:16
Re: Men's single at Eton

Alistair Groves wrote:
> TonyW wrote:
> > Couple of questions
> >
> > What went wrong with Campbell's equipment?
> > I heard Hacker collapsed after the final - I trust he is now OK?
> >

> I think it was the independant that said he lost his pin. Not sure how
> true that is though, would have though he'd have finished a lot slower
> without a pin...
>
> Marcel was fine, he was helping load the TV cats on the trailer the next
> day.
>
> Alistair

An amazing (if a little daunting) experience for the pontoon helper who
got to scull Hacker's boat back to the landing stage !
http://www.row2k.com/worlds/photo.cfm?action=pf&dir=2006summer/worlds/SaturdayFinals&start=106&offset=96&label=Saturday%20Finals%20and%20Medals&hi=yes

30 Aug 2006 06:18:41
Re: Men's single at Eton

danielwspring@hotmail.com wrote:
> Alistair Groves wrote:
> > TonyW wrote:
> > > Couple of questions
> > >
> > > What went wrong with Campbell's equipment?
> > > I heard Hacker collapsed after the final - I trust he is now OK?
> > >

> > I think it was the independant that said he lost his pin. Not sure how
> > true that is though, would have though he'd have finished a lot slower
> > without a pin...
> >
> > Marcel was fine, he was helping load the TV cats on the trailer the next
> > day.
> >
> > Alistair
>
> An amazing (if a little daunting) experience for the pontoon helper who
> got to scull Hacker's boat back to the landing stage !
> http://www.row2k.com/worlds/photo.cfm?action=pf&dir=2006summer/worlds/SaturdayFinals&start=106&offset=96&label=Saturday%20Finals%20and%20Medals&hi=yes

RSR readers may be interested in a tip passed on to me by the German
team manager. He said two conditions are necessary to guarantee a win:

1. You need to be quite good
2. The others need to be a bit worse

I thought the men's singles final was probably the most exciting race
of the whole championships. Hope there's going to be a DVD of at
least all the finals.

I'm back on my diet now, after a week of sandwiches, muffins, Kit Kats
and Alpen bars.

Caroline

30 Aug 2006 15:26:13
Ewoud Dronkert
Re: Men's single at Eton

On 30 Aug 2006 06:18:41 -0700, carolinetu@aol.com wrote:
> I thought the men's singles final was probably the most exciting race
> of the whole championships. Hope there's going to be a DVD

For now: http://www.phys.uu.nl/~dronkert/rowing/eton2006_m1x.m4v(59
MB mpeg4 "ipod format"). Please right-click and save.

--
E. Dronkert

30 Aug 2006 17:19:26
debe
Re: Men's single at Eton

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> On 30 Aug 2006 06:18:41 -0700, carolinetu@aol.com wrote:
>
>>I thought the men's singles final was probably the most exciting race
>>of the whole championships. Hope there's going to be a DVD
>

> For now: http://www.phys.uu.nl/~dronkert/rowing/eton2006_m1x.m4v(59
> MB mpeg4 "ipod format"). Please right-click and save.

Thanks Ewoud !!!
got the M8+ as well ?!?!
just need to see it again, when Heidecker released the clutch ... :-)

greetings
debe

30 Aug 2006 18:34:39
Ewoud Dronkert
Re: Men's single at Eton

debe schreef:
> got the M8+ as well ?!?!

Same link but 8+ not 1x.

--
E. Dronkert

30 Aug 2006 09:49:15
c.anton@blueyonder.co.uk
Re: Men's single at Eton

carolinetu@aol.com wrote:

> I thought the men's singles final was probably the most exciting race
> of the whole championships. Hope there's going to be a DVD of at
> least all the finals.

Surelt the W2x was. The Evers-Swindells beaten and the first 4 crews
within half an lenght and the Brits beaten into 4th by inches.

FISA will no doubt issue a DVD in the near future, but they don't come
cheap.

30 Aug 2006 19:19:38
debe
Re: Men's single at Eton

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> debe schreef:
>
>> got the M8+ as well ?!?!
>

> Same link but 8+ not 1x.

terrific !! thanks !!!

31 Aug 2006 01:51:14
karon
Re: Men's single at Eton

There will be a DVD - it normally is released around mid-October, and
there will be the facility to order on the New Wave and Regatta Sport
(for N America) web sites nearer the time of release. In the past the
price of the DVD has been 45 Euros or =A331. The DVD usually shows
Saturday and Sunday Finals.

Hope this helps

Karon