24 Jul 2003 12:29:42
Tim Jarratt
GB U23 team

Anyone know which boats are being sent and who is in them? I've had a
quick search around the web and drawn a blank.

Tim.

25 Jul 2003 09:03:58
David Gillard
Re: GB U23 team

"Tim Jarratt" <tawj2@eng.cam.ac.uk.REMOVE.TO.USE > wrote in message
> Anyone know which boats are being sent and who is in them? I've had a
> quick search around the web and drawn a blank.
>
> Tim.

GB team and story here:

http://www.ara-rowing.org/bbrns0139.htm

25 Jul 2003 02:44:18
Katy Cameron
Re: GB U23 team

Tim Jarratt <tawj2@eng.cam.ac.uk.REMOVE.TO.USE > wrote in message news:<bfofve$cqm$1@pegasus.csx.cam.ac.uk>...
> Anyone know which boats are being sent and who is in them? I've had a
> quick search around the web and drawn a blank.
>
> Tim.

From the SARA page in May:

Gavin Shaw (Aberdeen University and National Rowing Academy) is now a
confirmed selection for the GB squad for the Essen regatta: he goes in
the Men's U23 Lightweight 4- with Dave Currie & Ross Hunter,
(Leander), Ed Fox (Oxford Brookes). The crew's coaches are Adrian
Cassidy and Scotland's national coach, John McArthur.

I know Gavin's also racing for GB in Belgrade, so possibly the same
crew?

KT

25 Jul 2003 03:49:10
Dave Henderson
Re: GB U23 team

jameselder100@excite.co.uk (James Elder)

> The only one I have details of:
>
> W4-
>
> Tracy Matthews (Tideway Scullers)
> Marsaili Scott (Durham University)
> Beth Rodford (Thames)
> Alison Knowles (Thames)
>
> Coached by Gary Stubbs (Thames)

There was a TRC four at Hazewinkel last weekend, along with a number
of other boats, blades (without the flag!), GB trailer and towing
truck. Could that have been a pre-Belgrade camp?

Dave H

25 Jul 2003 12:08:33
Douglas MacFarlane
Re: GB U23 team

In article <73426933.0307250144.184fa786@posting.google.com >,
katy.cameron@sepa.org.uk says...

>Tim Jarratt <tawj2@eng.cam.ac.uk.REMOVE.TO.USE> wrote in message
>m$1@pegasus.csx.cam.ac.uk>...
>> Anyone know which boats are being sent and who is in them? I've had a
>> quick search around the web and drawn a blank.
>>
>> Tim.
>
>From the SARA page in May:
>
>Gavin Shaw (Aberdeen University and National Rowing Academy) is now a
>confirmed selection for the GB squad for the Essen regatta: he goes in
>the Men's U23 Lightweight 4- with Dave Currie & Ross Hunter,
>(Leander), Ed Fox (Oxford Brookes). The crew's coaches are Adrian
>Cassidy and Scotland's national coach, John McArthur.
>
>I know Gavin's also racing for GB in Belgrade, so possibly the same
>crew?
>
>KT

I think he is the lightweight single sculler now.

See http://www.ara-rowing.org/bbrns0139.htmfor
a full team list.

Douglas

25 Jul 2003 07:53:13
Katy Cameron
Re: GB U23 team

katy.cameron@sepa.org.uk (Katy Cameron) wrote in message news:<73426933.0307250144.184fa786@posting.google.com >...
> Tim Jarratt <tawj2@eng.cam.ac.uk.REMOVE.TO.USE> wrote in message news:<bfofve$cqm$1@pegasus.csx.cam.ac.uk>...
> > Anyone know which boats are being sent and who is in them? I've had a
> > quick search around the web and drawn a blank.
> >
> > Tim.
>
> From the SARA page in May:
>
> Gavin Shaw (Aberdeen University and National Rowing Academy) is now a
> confirmed selection for the GB squad for the Essen regatta: he goes in
> the Men's U23 Lightweight 4- with Dave Currie & Ross Hunter,
> (Leander), Ed Fox (Oxford Brookes). The crew's coaches are Adrian
> Cassidy and Scotland's national coach, John McArthur.
>
> I know Gavin's also racing for GB in Belgrade, so possibly the same
> crew?
>
> KT

Oops, SARA webmaster pointed out that my scanning abilities are
slipping:

from 4th July:

Shaw to race U23 1x for GB: Following performances in the 4- at Essen,
in training and in his 1x at Scottish Championships - where Shaw
bettered his personal best by 5 seconds - Gavin Shaw has been selected
to represent Great Britain in the lightweight single scull at the
Under 23 World Rowing Championships in Belgrade. Gavin is currently in
full-time training at the National Rowing Academy, Strathclyde Park
under his coach, John McArthur. They leave early next week for team
preparation at Hazewinkel before traveling on to Belgrade.

KT

25 Jul 2003 08:10:46
James Elder
Re: GB U23 team

david.henderson@aea.be (Dave Henderson) wrote in message news:<eda7551c.0307250249.305320b7@posting.google.com >...

> There was a TRC four at Hazewinkel last weekend, along with a number
> of other boats, blades (without the flag!), GB trailer and towing
> truck. Could that have been a pre-Belgrade camp?

I believe it was. They probably have a soft spot for the low
countries after getting a Gold and a Silver at Amsterdam a few weeks
ago.

25 Jul 2003 23:14:44
Robert Treharne Jones
Re: GB U23 team

Full team as follows:
2003 WORLD U23 REGATTA BELGRADE, 25-27 AUGUST
(crews listed from bow to stroke)
WOMEN - Open
Coxless Pair
Jessica Eddie/Katie Greves
(Durham Amateur/Uni of London)
Coxless Four
Beth Rodford/Marsaili Scott/Alison
Knowles/Tracey Matthews
(Molesey/Durham Uni/Exeter Uni/Tideway
Scullers)
MEN - Open
Coxless Four
Tom Broadway/Henry Bailhache-Webb/George
Whittaker/Ed Johnson
(Uni of London/Oxford Brookes Uni/Imperial
College/Imperial College)
Coxed Four
Richard Smith/Gavin Weeks/Peter Reed/Andrew
Matheson/Nick Ford (cox)
(Uni of London/Uni of London/Uni of West
England/Uni of London)
Single Scull
Alan Campbell (Tideway Scullers)
MEN - lightweights
Coxless Pair
Dave Currie/Ross Hunter
(Leander/Leander)
Single Scull
Gavin Shaw (Aberdeen Uni)
U23 Team Manager: Peter Shakespear
Lead Coach: Darren Whiter
Robert

"Tim Jarratt" <tawj2@eng.cam.ac.uk.REMOVE.TO.USE > wrote in message
> Anyone know which boats are being sent and who is in them? I've had a
> quick search around the web and drawn a blank.
>
> Tim.

25 Jul 2003 23:59:58
Neil Wallace
Re: GB U23 team

"Katy Cameron" <katy.cameron@sepa.org.uk > wrote in message

snip
> Gavin is currently in
> full-time training at the National Rowing Academy, Strathclyde Park
> under his coach, John McArthur.

good to see Mr McArthur's undoubted talents are being put to good use.