27 May 2004 18:43:59
Stamps
Full time rowing coach wanted - Hong Kong

In order to meet increasing demand for the sport, The Royal Hong Kong
Yacht
Club invites applications for the newly created position of Rowing
Coach /
Administrator. This full time role, reporting to the Club's Rowing
Captain and Rowing Committee will be responsible for:

Developing and running rowing training courses.
Overseeing, and coaching within, the existing rowing squad system.
Liasing with the Hong Kong China Rowing Association, other rowing
clubs and schools in Hong Kong;
Assisting in the organisation of Club Regattas.
Assisting in the development of sponsorship opportunities.

The applicant should be a highly motivated self starter with good
communication skills and posses relevant coaching qualifications.
Fluency in Cantonese would be an advantage.

Applicants should send full C.V. and recent photograph to:
H.R. Manager
Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club
Kellett Island
Causeway Bay
Hong Kong.

Or e mail schung@deletethis.rhkyc.org.hk

27 May 2004 21:54:21
Mike Sullivan
Re: Full time rowing coach wanted - Hong Kong

"Stamps" <stamps4545@yahoo.co.uk > wrote in message

snip
> Fluency in Cantonese would be an advantage.
oh so close.....

sul

28 May 2004 09:46:05
Neil Wallace

Mike Sullivan wrote:
> "Stamps" <stamps4545@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
> snip
>> Fluency in Cantonese would be an advantage.
> oh so close.....

lol,

it was the "self starter" bit that got me.
Personally I need a bottle of wine, some dim lights and a willing
accomplice.

28 May 2004 03:38:16
Dave Henderson
Re: Full time rowing coach wanted - Hong Kong

A yacht Club with an HR Manager?

I'm impressed

28 May 2004 22:48:29
Justus J.
Re: Full time rowing coach wanted - Hong Kong

Fluent Cantonese? No ploblem.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Justus

------

"Stamps" <stamps4545@yahoo.co.uk > wrote
> The applicant should be a highly motivated self starter with good
> communication skills and posses relevant coaching qualifications.
> Fluency in Cantonese would be an advantage.

29 May 2004 02:39:46

On 27 May 2004 18:43:59 -0700, stamps4545@yahoo.co.uk (Stamps) wrote:
>In order to meet increasing demand for the sport, The Royal Hong Kong
>Yacht
>Club invites applications for the newly created position of Rowing
>Coach /
>Administrator.

Is this for rowing boats or dragon boats?

30 May 2004 18:15:05
Stamps
Re: Full time rowing coach wanted - Hong Kong

> Is this for rowing boats or dragon boats?

Rowing - the sport is growing in HK and we are keen to expand the club
and the standard of rowing.

Stamps

02 Jun 2004 06:55:33
Caroline Turnbull

stamps4545@yahoo.co.uk (Stamps) wrote in message news:<ca5b16bc.0405301715.507155d8@posting.google.com >...
> > Is this for rowing boats or dragon boats?
>

> Rowing - the sport is growing in HK and we are keen to expand the club
> and the standard of rowing.
>
> Stamps

Why do they need a photograph?

03 Jun 2004 09:29:27
Nick Suess

"Caroline Turnbull" <carolinetu@aol.com > wrote in message
> stamps4545@yahoo.co.uk (Stamps) wrote in message
news:<ca5b16bc.0405301715.507155d8@posting.google.com >...
> > > Is this for rowing boats or dragon boats?
> >

> > Rowing - the sport is growing in HK and we are keen to expand the club
> > and the standard of rowing.
> >
> > Stamps
>
> Why do they need a photograph?

Dunno. Maybe this is junk mail!

03 Jun 2004 03:49:51
Stamps
Re: Full time rowing coach wanted - Hong Kong

> > Why do they need a photograph?
>
> Dunno. Maybe this is junk mail!

Very good Nick! (took me a while to figure out the humour which is a
tad poor given several recent weekends have included drinking and
eating on junks... aaah, perhaps that explains the dulled reactions)

No idea why a photo is needed, but don't let that stop any
applications - we will be delighted to receive enquiries with or
without a mug shot.

I can answer any informal enquiries, or post more questions here,
assuming your current employer doesn't row eh?