24 Jul 2003 12:21:48
Dave Henderson
Chalupa

Can any historians/statisticians tell me how many World and Olympic
medals Vaclav Chalupa has? Remarkably, his bio is not among the 'top
rowers' section of the FISA site.

Curious question I know. Our top junior won J1x at the Holland Beker,
where Chalupa won the senior event. I have a photo of the two of them
together which I want to use in my club's newsletter.

Dave H
Royal Sport Nautique de Bruxelles

25 Jul 2003 08:55:40
David Gillard
Re: Chalupa

"Dave Henderson" <david.henderson@aea.be > wrote in message > Can any
historians/statisticians tell me how many World and Olympic
> medals Vaclav Chalupa has? Remarkably, his bio is not among the 'top
> rowers' section of the FISA site.
>
> Curious question I know. Our top junior won J1x at the Holland Beker,
> where Chalupa won the senior event. I have a photo of the two of them
> together which I want to use in my club's newsletter.
>
> Dave H
> Royal Sport Nautique de Bruxelles

21/7/2003 Chalupa wins Czech rowing championships for 15th time in a row
But staying in the water for a moment, the leading Czech rower Vaclav
Chalupa of the Dukla Prague sports club has won at the national
championships for the fifteenth year in a row. For Chalupa the Prague race
was in many ways a mere training session ahead of the sport's world
championships in Milan next month, which also determine participation at
next year's Olympics in Athens.

Also some more info here: http://www.twsc.rowing.org.uk/chalupa.html

25 Jul 2003 08:03:17
Neil Wallace
Re: Chalupa

"David Gillard" <davidg@NOSPAMPLEASErogge.co.uk > wrote in message
snip
> 21/7/2003 Chalupa wins Czech rowing championships for 15th time in a row

typo? 15th time in a scull - surely?

25 Jul 2003 09:11:03
Neil Wallace
Re: Chalupa

"David Biddulph" <david@biddulph.org.uk > wrote in message
> "Dave Henderson" <david.henderson@aea.be> wrote in message
> > Can any historians/statisticians tell me how many World and Olympic
> > medals Vaclav Chalupa has? Remarkably, his bio is not among the 'top
> > rowers' section of the FISA site.
> >
> > Curious question I know. Our top junior won J1x at the Holland Beker,
> > where Chalupa won the senior event. I have a photo of the two of them
> > together which I want to use in my club's newsletter.
>
> Subject to confirmation, try:
>
> Year Evt Place
>
> 88 4X 11
> 89 1X 2
> 90 1X 2
> 91 1X 2
> 92 1X 2
> 93 1X 2
> 94 1X 5
> 95 1X 3
> 96 1X 5
> 97 1X 5
> 98 1X 3
> 99 1X 4
> 00 1X 12
> 01 1X 3
> 02 1X 4
> --
> David Biddulph
> Rowing web pages at
> http://www.biddulph.org.uk/

a long career. He was 3rd in Lucerne 2 weeks ago IIRC.

What about Olympic success?

27 Jul 2003 20:54:16
David Biddulph
Re: Chalupa

"Neil Wallace" <rowing.golfer@NOSPAM.virgin.net > wrote in message

> "David Biddulph" <david@biddulph.org.uk> wrote in message
> > "Dave Henderson" <david.henderson@aea.be> wrote in message
> > > Can any historians/statisticians tell me how many World and Olympic
> > > medals Vaclav Chalupa has? Remarkably, his bio is not among the 'top
> > > rowers' section of the FISA site.
> > >
> > > Curious question I know. Our top junior won J1x at the Holland Beker,
> > > where Chalupa won the senior event. I have a photo of the two of them
> > > together which I want to use in my club's newsletter.
> >
> > Subject to confirmation, try:
> >
> > Year Evt Place
> >
> > 88 4X 11
> > 89 1X 2
> > 90 1X 2
> > 91 1X 2
> > 92 1X 2
> > 93 1X 2
> > 94 1X 5
> > 95 1X 3
> > 96 1X 5
> > 97 1X 5
> > 98 1X 3
> > 99 1X 4
> > 00 1X 12
> > 01 1X 3
> > 02 1X 4

> a long career. He was 3rd in Lucerne 2 weeks ago IIRC.
>
> What about Olympic success?

Olympic years were included in my list above. Silver in Banyoles seems to
be his best, a second and a half behind Lange.
--
David Biddulph
Rowing web pages at

30 Jul 2003 20:01:54
Adriaan van der Zee
Re: Chalupa

Dave Henderson wrote:

> I have a photo of the two of them
> together which I want to use in my club's newsletter.

Some interesting photos have been taken there. There even is a picture
with your junior sculler and me. :-) http://tinyurl.com/iihy

I was on the podium because I won this year's junior sculling league
(over 7 events, all over the season). The guy in the middle won the
silver medal of this league, and also finished second in the JM 1x race,
where I unfortunatly didn't even reach the final. The bronze medallist
of this league didn't show up, so the winner of the race, the Belgian
sculler stood next to us.

I'll say hello to Pierre if I meet him in Greece next week at the junior
WC, I think it is his single that we loaded on the trailer this morning.
I'll be in the Dutch 4x.

--
Adriaan