21 May 2004 19:53:29
Jay
Canadians and their training

Interesting article about the defending world 8+ champs (gleamed off
www.row2k.com),

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1084572619573&call_pageid=968867503640&col=970081593064

How is the training of the other squads going? We hear a lot about the
GB squad, some snippets about the US ans Canadians but very little about
the Germans, Italians, Dutch? Or do we just have to wait and see what
happens in the Wind Tunnel

Regards

22 May 2004 00:39:55
David Ranc
Re: Canadians and their training

www.aviron-france.asso.fr
will tell you everything you need to know about the French squad.

On Fri, 21 May 2004 19:53:29 +0200, Jay <just_j.REMOVE@icon.co.za.THIS >
wrote:

> Interesting article about the defending world 8+ champs (gleamed off
> www.row2k.com),
>
> http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1084572619573&call_pageid=968867503640&col=970081593064
>
> How is the training of the other squads going? We hear a lot about the GB
> squad, some snippets about the US ans Canadians but very little about the
> Germans, Italians, Dutch? Or do we just have to wait and see what happens
> in the Wind Tunnel
>
> Regards

22 May 2004 01:18:10
Carl Douglas
Re: Canadians and their training

Jay <just_j.REMOVE@icon.co.za.THIS > writes
>Interesting article about the defending world 8+ champs (gleamed off
>www.row2k.com),
>
>http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/A
>rticle_Type1&c=Article&cid=1084572619573&call_pageid=968867503640&col=97
>0081593064
>
>How is the training of the other squads going? We hear a lot about the
>GB squad, some snippets about the US ans Canadians but very little
>about the Germans, Italians, Dutch? Or do we just have to wait and see
>what happens in the Wind Tunnel

I note the part of that article which reads:
"Case in point: The team was out across on the lake one morning when
conditions began to turn precarious as a big storm rolled in.
"To Spracklen, there was only one thing that mattered — it was still
possible to row, even if those doing the rowing weren't entirely
convinced.
" 'Mike, shouldn't we go in?' they asked.
" 'If you think the Germans are going in now, yes,' said Spracklen.
"They kept rowing."

If I'm not much mistaken, that was the day 2 squad eights sank. An
event which has been airbrushed out of sight.

Carl
--
Carl Douglas Racing Shells -
Fine Small-Boats/AeRoWing low-drag Riggers/Advanced Accessories