20 Dec 2006 10:59:22
Ewoud Dronkert
A few new Faces of RSR

Recently added: Caroline Turnbull, Christopher Anton, Hannah Thomas,
Robert Treharne Jones. Updated: Nick Suess (with picture of him and
Carl). See http://www.usrtriton.nl/rsr/

--
E. Dronkert

20 Dec 2006 05:44:11
Re: A few new Faces of RSR

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> Recently added: Caroline Turnbull, Christopher Anton, Hannah Thomas,
> Robert Treharne Jones. Updated: Nick Suess (with picture of him and
> Carl). See http://www.usrtriton.nl/rsr/
>
> --
> E. Dronkert

Carl does not look like a grumpy old cynic does he ? ;-)

20 Dec 2006 06:20:46
Mike
Re: A few new Faces of RSR

anton2468@aol.com ha scritto:
> > See http://www.usrtriton.nl/rsr/
> Carl does not look like a grumpy old cynic does he ? ;-)

perfect promotional spot ^__^

20 Dec 2006 07:23:24
david.henderson@aea.be
Re: A few new Faces of RSR

Just goes to show "he should get out more"

anton2468@aol.com wrote:
> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> > Recently added: Caroline Turnbull, Christopher Anton, Hannah Thomas,
> > Robert Treharne Jones. Updated: Nick Suess (with picture of him and
> > Carl). See http://www.usrtriton.nl/rsr/
> >
> > --
> > E. Dronkert
>
> Carl does not look like a grumpy old cynic does he ? ;-)

20 Dec 2006 15:59:15
Carl Douglas
Re: A few new Faces of RSR

david.henderson@aea.be wrote:
> Just goes to show "he should get out more"
>

> anton2468@aol.com wrote:
>
>>Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>>
>>>Recently added: Caroline Turnbull, Christopher Anton, Hannah Thomas,
>>>Robert Treharne Jones. Updated: Nick Suess (with picture of him and
>>>Carl). See http://www.usrtriton.nl/rsr/
>>>
>>>--
>>>E. Dronkert
>>
>>Carl does not look like a grumpy old cynic does he ? ;-)

Looks can deceive, you know :(

Nick Suess
Re: A few new Faces of RSR

<anton2468@aol.com > wrote in message

> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>> Recently added: Caroline Turnbull, Christopher Anton, Hannah Thomas,
>> Robert Treharne Jones. Updated: Nick Suess (with picture of him and
>> Carl). See http://www.usrtriton.nl/rsr/
>>
>> --
>> E. Dronkert
>
> Carl does not look like a grumpy old cynic does he ? ;-)

But I do!

21 Dec 2006 17:40:36
Henry Law
Re: A few new Faces of RSR

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> Recently added:

It's a wonderful site, Ewoud. I really appreciate putting faces to the
names I see regularly. I must send you an update to my picture ... I'm
getting older.

--

Henry Law Manchester, England

22 Dec 2006 09:48:40
Ewoud Dronkert
Re: A few new Faces of RSR

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 17:40:36 +0000, Henry Law wrote:
> I really appreciate putting faces to the names I see regularly.

Yes, so do I. Most surprising face: Anu. With really no knowledge
about Indian names, somehow I had assumed (never do it) that it was a
girl's name.

Added Stamps this morning.

--
E. Dronkert

22 Dec 2006 02:09:50
c.anton@blueyonder.co.uk
Re: A few new Faces of RSR

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> Recently added: Caroline Turnbull, Christopher Anton, Hannah Thomas,
> Robert Treharne Jones. Updated: Nick Suess (with picture of him and
> Carl). See http://www.usrtriton.nl/rsr/

Glad to see I kick started some activity - there must be plenty of
other shy people on here yet.

22 Dec 2006 18:50:39
Henry Law
Re: A few new Faces of RSR

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> Yes, so do I. Most surprising face: Anu. With really no knowledge
> about Indian names, somehow I had assumed (never do it) that it was a
> girl's name.

It sometimes is, though I don't know about Indian. There are two women
in my company with the first name Anu.

--

Henry Law Manchester, England

02 Jan 2007 08:45:53
Emily
Re: A few new Faces of RSR

Henry Law wrote:

> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> > Yes, so do I. Most surprising face: Anu. With really no knowledge
> > about Indian names, somehow I had assumed (never do it) that it was a
> > girl's name.
>
> It sometimes is, though I don't know about Indian. There are two women
> in my company with the first name Anu.

Anu is half Indian, half Finnish and the name comes from both countries
(though is a girl's name in Finnish apparently).

02 Jan 2007 12:56:29
Mike Sullivan
Re: A few new Faces of RSR

"Henry Law" <news@lawshouse.org > wrote in message
> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>> Recently added:
>
> It's a wonderful site, Ewoud. I really appreciate putting faces to the
> names I see regularly. I must send you an update to my picture ... I'm
> getting older.

I'm rather surprised at how many RSR folks are
real athletes and not just old turds like me.

Mike

02 Jan 2007 19:28:44
Charles Carroll
Re: A few new Faces of RSR

> I'm rather surprised at how many RSR folks are
> real athletes and not just old turds like me.

Mike,

You can't be an old turd because if you are what does that make me?

Charles

02 Jan 2007 19:41:07
Mike Sullivan
Re: A few new Faces of RSR

"Charles Carroll" <charles_carroll@comcast.net > wrote in message
>> I'm rather surprised at how many RSR folks are
>> real athletes and not just old turds like me.
>
> Mike,
>
> You can't be an old turd because if you are what does that make me?

another old turd!

I thought we outnumbered them.

02 Jan 2007 23:11:11
Charles Carroll
Re: A few new Faces of RSR

> > You can't be an old turd because if you are what does that make me?
>
> another old turd!
>
> I thought we outnumbered them.

Mike,

We do until somebody ... well, you know.

Where the hell is Nick, anyway? We're not the only ones.

Charles

02 Jan 2007 23:11:56

>> > You can't be an old turd because if you are what does that make me?
>>
>> another old turd!
>>
>> I thought we outnumbered them.
>

> Mike,
>
> We do until somebody ... well, you know.
>
> Where the hell is Nick, anyway? We're not the only ones.

I know, but until I saw the pics of all the young studs rowing
and coxing I thought RSR was all-geezer.

I thought the young-uns were all out using facebook
and the like,

I didn't think there were any on usenet anymore.

03 Jan 2007 09:40:07
Charles Carroll
Re: A few new Faces of RSR

> ... until I saw the pics of all the young studs rowing
> and coxing I thought RSR was all-geezer.
>
> I thought the young-uns were all out using facebook
> and the like,
>
> I didn't think there were any on usenet anymore.

That may very well be true. When I talk to young people about newsgroups
they stare back at me with vacant eyes as if they had no idea what I am
talking about.

Charles

03 Jan 2007 20:51:27
Henry Law
Re: A few new Faces of RSR

Charles Carroll wrote:

>> I didn't think there were any on usenet anymore.
>
> That may very well be true. When I talk to young people about newsgroups
> they stare back at me with vacant eyes as if they had no idea what I am
> talking about.

Refer to them as "Google Groups" and refer to each one as a "site" and
you'll find they cotton on.

--

Henry Law Manchester, England