31 Dec 2003 23:07:02
Travman333 with the Mooninites
Your wrestling markout thread...

Just name a few memories or little things that you've marked for. Can be past
or present. (And for the sake of Keeping It Simple, Stupid, let's keep it just
in WWF/E, WCW, NWA, and ECW stuff)

1) I've marked lately for HBK's Sweet Chin Music, when he hits the move and
just falls down on the opponent in one swift motion because he's so worn out.
It just looks cool.

2) Old memory: Ric Flair's debut in the WWF in 1991 was one of the best angles
that they've ever booked in that federation.

3) Along those lines and after watching it over and over, I've gotta say that
the 1992 Royal Rumble match has gotta be one of my favorite matches ever. Just
the way it all came together, from the commentary (Heenan and Gorilla put even
the lowest of jobbers over like they had a chance....plus Gorilla making fun of
Heenan when Flair came out third), to the transition (the lower guys first,
Flair ends up alone in the middle, only to get Piper next, then the main
eventers at the end), to just having the balls to send Ric Flair out third and
have him wrestle for an hour in front of a WWF crowd with a short attention
span.....it was frickin' awesome d00ds.


-------------------------------------------
"We brocke dourt bar blaaaaaaaaaaaaaa BROCK LESNAR" -- HitMan333
"You people have been led to believe that mediocrity is excellence. Uh
uh...JERICHO IS EXCELLENCE!"--Chris Jericho, Paragon of Virtue


01 Jan 2004 00:46:20
Krusty
Re: Your wrestling markout thread...

- "I broke Wahoo's Leg"
- The Claw
- Piper's Pit
- Brother Love
- The figure four at just the right time
- Hulking up
- Ravishing Rick Rude's entire entrance including pulling a chick from the
audience
- Perfect hitting the gum
- Blackjack Mulligan
- The original four horsemen
- Ric Flair's return against Vader at Starcade (6th row)
- Clash of the Champions Interntional Tag Tournament (4th row)
- The debut of OZ and SHOCKMASTER
- "You win bookerman"
- Pillman pulling a gun on Austin
- The ENTIRE 1994 Junior J-cup tournament
- Undertaker walking the ropes
- My first live event (March 18, 1977)
- Elizabeth opening the present and the snake coming out
- Ultimate Warrior's music when Honky Tonk said nobody in the back could
beat him

That's off the top of my head...




01 Jan 2004 18:46:40
David J Richardson
Re: Your wrestling markout thread...

In article <20031231180702.07934.00002026@mb-m16.aol.com >,
tmk516@aol.comeonbaby (Travman333 with the Mooninites) wrote:

> 1992 Royal Rumble ... just having the balls to send Ric Flair out
> third and have him wrestle for an hour in front of a WWF crowd with a
> short attention span.....it was frickin' awesome d00ds.

Let alone the number of times he went over the ropes but survived;
given the frequency of these, there must have been a significant chance
someone would stuff up and Flair would have been eliminated -- wonder
where they would have gone then?!

--
David J Richardson -- davidj@richardson.name
http://davidj.richardson.name/-- Dr Who articles/interviews/reviews
http://www.boomerang.org.au/-- Boomerang Association of Australia


01 Jan 2004 08:00:43
Chad Bryant
Re: Your wrestling markout thread...

"David J Richardson" wrote:

>> 1992 Royal Rumble ... just having the balls to send Ric Flair out
>> third and have him wrestle for an hour in front of a WWF crowd with a
>> short attention span.....it was frickin' awesome d00ds.
>
> Let alone the number of times he went over the ropes but survived;
> given the frequency of these, there must have been a significant chance
> someone would stuff up and Flair would have been eliminated -- wonder
> where they would have gone then?!

Not the most educated of guesses, but probably Sid. The Rumble matches
are usually very well choreographed and planned, including a backup plan
to go into effect if the original plan is messed up by some unforseen
event.

Not exactly a Rumble match per se, but the "Final Four" match in '97 was
literally rebooked in the ring after Steve Austin (the booked winner)
blew out his knee - the decision was radioed from the gorilla position to
the ref in the ring to have Bret Hart win.

--
Chad Bryant
http://www.tardsmack.com/
http://www.chadbryant.cjb.net/


01 Jan 2004 17:00:40
imthemanintheboxx
Re: Your wrestling markout thread...

David J Richardson <davidj@richardson.name > wrote in message news:<davidj-E83835.18464001012004@freenews.iinet.net.au>...
> In article <20031231180702.07934.00002026@mb-m16.aol.com>,
> tmk516@aol.comeonbaby (Travman333 with the Mooninites) wrote:
>
> > 1992 Royal Rumble ... just having the balls to send Ric Flair out
> > third and have him wrestle for an hour in front of a WWF crowd with a
> > short attention span.....it was frickin' awesome d00ds.


That was cool but the first time i ever marked hard was on "Saturday
Nights Main Event" when the main event was Hulk facing The Bossman in
a cage and he suplexed him off the top.


02 Jan 2004 01:26:36
Greg Grant 333
Re: Your wrestling markout thread...


"imthemanintheboxx" <imthemanintheboxx@yahoo.com > wrote in message
news:ee06d3ff.0401011700.4baf1c2d@posting.google.com...
> David J Richardson <davidj@richardson.name> wrote in message
news:<davidj-E83835.18464001012004@freenews.iinet.net.au >...
> > In article <20031231180702.07934.00002026@mb-m16.aol.com>,
> > tmk516@aol.comeonbaby (Travman333 with the Mooninites) wrote:
> >
> > > 1992 Royal Rumble ... just having the balls to send Ric Flair out
> > > third and have him wrestle for an hour in front of a WWF crowd with a
> > > short attention span.....it was frickin' awesome d00ds.
>
>
> That was cool but the first time i ever marked hard was on "Saturday
> Nights Main Event" when the main event was Hulk facing The Bossman in
> a cage and he suplexed him off the top.

Word.
Amazing sell job by both guys, too. They made it seem like the fall killed
them and they were struggling just to move.