30 Nov 2007 17:53:36
Tom Hanks With The Aids
World Class DVD

Here are the matches in WWE's World Class DVD that comes out soon
Duke Keomuka vs. Ricky Starr (probably late 50s or early 60s, long
before there was a World Class Wrestling)
Fritz Von Erich vs. King Kong Bundy (Fritz's original retirement match
at Texas Stadium)
Ric Flair vs. Kerry Von Erich cage match from Christmas 1982 (an all-
time classic because one match turned around a business)
King Parsons & David & Kevin Von Erich vs. Freebirds
King Parsons vs. Buddy Roberts hair vs. hair
Fritz & Mike & Kevin (although listed as David for some reason) vs.
Freebirds from Texas Stadium
Chris Adams & Sunshine vs. Jimmy Garvin & Precious from Texas Stadium
Great Kabuki vs. Kamala from Texas Stadium
Fantastics vs. Midnight Express
Chris Adams vs. Kevin Von Erich
Bruiser Brody & Missing Link vs. One Man Gang & Rick Rude
Bruiser Brody vs. Abdulah the Butcher in a cage match
I hope they mine that collection for more releases because this
doesn't even scratch the surface. If I was making a list of the most
important bouts from that era, few of these would make the cut. Maybe
Fritz vs. Bundy for history and Freebirds vs. Von Erichs from Texas
Stadium would. Flair vs. Kerry from Christmas is a must, but I think
they missed out in this list. (thanks to Chad Rados)

30 Nov 2007 22:36:10
Benjamin Pavsner
Re: World Class DVD

1. Von Erichs vs. Freebirds was a GREAT feud, arguably the greatest tag team
feud of all time. In fact, I change my opinion. No arguments here. You could
do a double DVD set of great FB/VE matches.

2. Ah, to hear the name Iceman King Parsons again. Haven't heard that one in
YEARS. GREAT mic skills.

3. Flair vs. any of the Von Erichs were GREAT matches, especially with
Kerry. I seem to remember those two giving the Red Cross a great deal of
business with all the blood those two lost. People almost forget that Kerry
was the champ for a wee bit.
"Tom Hanks With The Aids" <tehMottJuice@gmail.com > wrote in message
> Here are the matches in WWE's World Class DVD that comes out soon
> Duke Keomuka vs. Ricky Starr (probably late 50s or early 60s, long
> before there was a World Class Wrestling)
> Fritz Von Erich vs. King Kong Bundy (Fritz's original retirement match
> at Texas Stadium)
> Ric Flair vs. Kerry Von Erich cage match from Christmas 1982 (an all-
> time classic because one match turned around a business)
> King Parsons & David & Kevin Von Erich vs. Freebirds
> King Parsons vs. Buddy Roberts hair vs. hair
> Fritz & Mike & Kevin (although listed as David for some reason) vs.
> Freebirds from Texas Stadium
> Chris Adams & Sunshine vs. Jimmy Garvin & Precious from Texas Stadium
> Great Kabuki vs. Kamala from Texas Stadium
> Fantastics vs. Midnight Express
> Chris Adams vs. Kevin Von Erich
> Bruiser Brody & Missing Link vs. One Man Gang & Rick Rude
> Bruiser Brody vs. Abdulah the Butcher in a cage match
> I hope they mine that collection for more releases because this
> doesn't even scratch the surface. If I was making a list of the most
> important bouts from that era, few of these would make the cut. Maybe
> Fritz vs. Bundy for history and Freebirds vs. Von Erichs from Texas
> Stadium would. Flair vs. Kerry from Christmas is a must, but I think
> they missed out in this list. (thanks to Chad Rados)

01 Dec 2007 04:07:18
Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1
Re: World Class DVD

"Benjamin Pavsner" <pavsnerp@bellsouth.net > wrote in message
> 1. Von Erichs vs. Freebirds was a GREAT feud, arguably the greatest tag
> team feud of all time. In fact, I change my opinion. No arguments here.
> You could do a double DVD set of great FB/VE matches.
>
> 2. Ah, to hear the name Iceman King Parsons again. Haven't heard that one
> in YEARS. GREAT mic skills.
>
> 3. Flair vs. any of the Von Erichs were GREAT matches, especially with
> Kerry. I seem to remember those two giving the Red Cross a great deal of
> business with all the blood those two lost. People almost forget that
> Kerry was the champ for a wee bit.
> "Tom Hanks With The Aids" <tehMottJuice@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Here are the matches in WWE's World Class DVD that comes out soon
>> Duke Keomuka vs. Ricky Starr (probably late 50s or early 60s, long
>> before there was a World Class Wrestling)
>> Fritz Von Erich vs. King Kong Bundy (Fritz's original retirement match
>> at Texas Stadium)
>> Ric Flair vs. Kerry Von Erich cage match from Christmas 1982 (an all-
>> time classic because one match turned around a business)
>> King Parsons & David & Kevin Von Erich vs. Freebirds
>> King Parsons vs. Buddy Roberts hair vs. hair
>> Fritz & Mike & Kevin (although listed as David for some reason) vs.
>> Freebirds from Texas Stadium
>> Chris Adams & Sunshine vs. Jimmy Garvin & Precious from Texas Stadium
>> Great Kabuki vs. Kamala from Texas Stadium
>> Fantastics vs. Midnight Express
>> Chris Adams vs. Kevin Von Erich
>> Bruiser Brody & Missing Link vs. One Man Gang & Rick Rude
>> Bruiser Brody vs. Abdulah the Butcher in a cage match
>> I hope they mine that collection for more releases because this
>> doesn't even scratch the surface. If I was making a list of the most
>> important bouts from that era, few of these would make the cut. Maybe
>> Fritz vs. Bundy for history and Freebirds vs. Von Erichs from Texas
>> Stadium would. Flair vs. Kerry from Christmas is a must, but I think
>> they missed out in this list. (thanks to Chad Rados)

Will it also include Vince's commentary on how shitty WCCW was and how WWE
killed it????

30 Nov 2007 20:27:29
Darth Chaos
Re: World Class DVD

On Dec 1, 4:07 am, "Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of
RSPW" <noonan2...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> "Benjamin Pavsner" <pavsn...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> > 1. Von Erichs vs. Freebirds was a GREAT feud, arguably the greatest tag
> > team feud of all time. In fact, I change my opinion. No arguments here.
> > You could do a double DVD set of great FB/VE matches.
>
> > 2. Ah, to hear the name Iceman King Parsons again. Haven't heard that one
> > in YEARS. GREAT mic skills.
>
> > 3. Flair vs. any of the Von Erichs were GREAT matches, especially with
> > Kerry. I seem to remember those two giving the Red Cross a great deal of
> > business with all the blood those two lost. People almost forget that
> > Kerry was the champ for a wee bit.
> > "Tom Hanks With The Aids" <tehMottJu...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Here are the matches in WWE's World Class DVD that comes out soon
> >> Duke Keomuka vs. Ricky Starr (probably late 50s or early 60s, long
> >> before there was a World Class Wrestling)
> >> Fritz Von Erich vs. King Kong Bundy (Fritz's original retirement match
> >> at Texas Stadium)
> >> Ric Flair vs. Kerry Von Erich cage match from Christmas 1982 (an all-
> >> time classic because one match turned around a business)
> >> King Parsons & David & Kevin Von Erich vs. Freebirds
> >> King Parsons vs. Buddy Roberts hair vs. hair
> >> Fritz & Mike & Kevin (although listed as David for some reason) vs.
> >> Freebirds from Texas Stadium
> >> Chris Adams & Sunshine vs. Jimmy Garvin & Precious from Texas Stadium
> >> Great Kabuki vs. Kamala from Texas Stadium
> >> Fantastics vs. Midnight Express
> >> Chris Adams vs. Kevin Von Erich
> >> Bruiser Brody & Missing Link vs. One Man Gang & Rick Rude
> >> Bruiser Brody vs. Abdulah the Butcher in a cage match
> >> I hope they mine that collection for more releases because this
> >> doesn't even scratch the surface. If I was making a list of the most
> >> important bouts from that era, few of these would make the cut. Maybe
> >> Fritz vs. Bundy for history and Freebirds vs. Von Erichs from Texas
> >> Stadium would. Flair vs. Kerry from Christmas is a must, but I think
> >> they missed out in this list. (thanks to Chad Rados)
>
> Will it also include Vince's commentary on how shitty WCCW was and how WWE
> killed it????

Make it authentic with Bill Mercer's original commentary. (There's
another blast from the past. Bill Mercer.)

01 Dec 2007 09:34:19
Michael
Re: World Class DVD

Benjamin Pavsner wrote:

> 1. Von Erichs vs. Freebirds was a GREAT feud, arguably the greatest tag team
> feud of all time. In fact, I change my opinion. No arguments here. You could
> do a double DVD set of great FB/VE matches.
>
> 2. Ah, to hear the name Iceman King Parsons again. Haven't heard that one in
> YEARS. GREAT mic skills.

Is he the guy who coined the phrase "Rooty-poot"?

> 3. Flair vs. any of the Von Erichs were GREAT matches, especially with
> Kerry. I seem to remember those two giving the Red Cross a great deal of
> business with all the blood those two lost. People almost forget that Kerry
> was the champ for a wee bit.
> "Tom Hanks With The Aids" <tehMottJuice@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Here are the matches in WWE's World Class DVD that comes out soon
>>Duke Keomuka vs. Ricky Starr (probably late 50s or early 60s, long
>>before there was a World Class Wrestling)
>>Fritz Von Erich vs. King Kong Bundy (Fritz's original retirement match
>>at Texas Stadium)
>>Ric Flair vs. Kerry Von Erich cage match from Christmas 1982 (an all-
>>time classic because one match turned around a business)
>>King Parsons & David & Kevin Von Erich vs. Freebirds
>>King Parsons vs. Buddy Roberts hair vs. hair
>>Fritz & Mike & Kevin (although listed as David for some reason) vs.
>>Freebirds from Texas Stadium
>>Chris Adams & Sunshine vs. Jimmy Garvin & Precious from Texas Stadium
>>Great Kabuki vs. Kamala from Texas Stadium
>>Fantastics vs. Midnight Express
>>Chris Adams vs. Kevin Von Erich
>>Bruiser Brody & Missing Link vs. One Man Gang & Rick Rude
>>Bruiser Brody vs. Abdulah the Butcher in a cage match
>>I hope they mine that collection for more releases because this
>>doesn't even scratch the surface. If I was making a list of the most
>>important bouts from that era, few of these would make the cut. Maybe
>>Fritz vs. Bundy for history and Freebirds vs. Von Erichs from Texas
>>Stadium would. Flair vs. Kerry from Christmas is a must, but I think
>>they missed out in this list. (thanks to Chad Rados)

Michael

01 Dec 2007 09:37:13
Michael
Re: World Class DVD

Tom Hanks With The Aids wrote:

> Here are the matches in WWE's World Class DVD that comes out soon
> Duke Keomuka vs. Ricky Starr (probably late 50s or early 60s, long
> before there was a World Class Wrestling)
> Fritz Von Erich vs. King Kong Bundy (Fritz's original retirement match
> at Texas Stadium)
> Ric Flair vs. Kerry Von Erich cage match from Christmas 1982 (an all-
> time classic because one match turned around a business)

Ah, the start of the Freebirds/Von Erichs feud! GREAT classic stuff!

> King Parsons & David & Kevin Von Erich vs. Freebirds
> King Parsons vs. Buddy Roberts hair vs. hair
> Fritz & Mike & Kevin (although listed as David for some reason) vs.
> Freebirds from Texas Stadium
> Chris Adams & Sunshine vs. Jimmy Garvin & Precious from Texas Stadium
> Great Kabuki vs. Kamala from Texas Stadium
> Fantastics vs. Midnight Express
> Chris Adams vs. Kevin Von Erich

Also a hot feud.

> Bruiser Brody & Missing Link vs. One Man Gang & Rick Rude
> Bruiser Brody vs. Abdulah the Butcher in a cage match
> I hope they mine that collection for more releases because this
> doesn't even scratch the surface. If I was making a list of the most
> important bouts from that era, few of these would make the cut. Maybe
> Fritz vs. Bundy for history and Freebirds vs. Von Erichs from Texas
> Stadium would. Flair vs. Kerry from Christmas is a must, but I think
> they missed out in this list. (thanks to Chad Rados)

Which match was the Freebirds & Dr. Death vs. Von Erichs in two rings
(War Games minus the cage)? Isn't that the one where Williams returned
from having to get a huge amount of stitches?

Michael

01 Dec 2007 13:35:43
Darth Chaos
Re: World Class DVD

On Dec 1, 12:34 pm, Michael <thissp...@for.rent > wrote:
> Benjamin Pavsner wrote:
> > 1. Von Erichs vs. Freebirds was a GREAT feud, arguably the greatest tag team
> > feud of all time. In fact, I change my opinion. No arguments here. You could
> > do a double DVD set of great FB/VE matches.
>
> > 2. Ah, to hear the name Iceman King Parsons again. Haven't heard that one in
> > YEARS. GREAT mic skills.
>
> Is he the guy who coined the phrase "Rooty-poot"?

Yep.