23 Jul 2006 23:15:38
unforgiven 33
too many bps?

i am a member of an 8 man woodsball/milsim team. all of our gear and
uniforms are military. our guns are mod out to loo military. we even use
bazookas/launchers, mines, grenades and tanks. it's alot of fun and a
real kick to go out and play "war" for a day.

side note:
for those of you who've served in the military and especially those
who've actually been in real war, hats off to ya. thanx for the freedom
i enjoy :-)

anyway, my team all have tippman guns and all but 2 of us have either
responce triggers or eletros. every one wants a "machine gun". don't get
me wrong, i like to pound out some heavy fire too sometimes. but playing
yesterday, i was pited against my team. me against them all and i have
an a-5 with stock trigger. i put out 3 of them before they ever even
took a single shot back. when they did see me nd open up, it was hell
for me :-)
a few weeks ago i was using our captain's back up a-5. it has a respoce
trigger and it is a light touch. i saw this kid (maybe 16 or 17 yrs old)
with his back to me. i took a shot and he scrambled. when he scooted
through a opening in the brush i just pressed the trigger and spit out
maybe 9 or 10 balls. the first 2 put him out but, of course there was no
way i could recall those others. they were aleady in flight and they all
hit him. it wasn't a good feeling for me (prob alot worse for him). i
know that there are times when we have to lay down cover fire and such.
it is good stratagy good tactics. i just am begining to feel that it's a
little over kill sometimes too. maybe i'm just feeling a bit quilty or
something for burning that kid. i was seriously thinking of adding a
responce to my a-5 or even an electro with the was or ape board. i just
don't think i will. maybe later i'll add the responce if can convince
myself it is worth it.

even in speed ball you guys throw out 15 or more bps. i know it is good
cover fire and it works. maybe i'm just suffering from lack of sleep :-)
or maybe i'm only cut out for stock class play :-) anybody know where i
can get a reliable pump cheap?

24 Jul 2006 03:43:22
Matt Moriearty
Re: too many bps?

Both 'major' groups out our field tend to overshoot. The local senerio
teams (Xtrem Fanatics and Trigger happy, and some player from a couple
other ones) tend to have response triggers--a couple shots put you out,
and usually apologize afterwards if the ones after followed suit.

They're great guys overall--just a bit too intense on the field.

The local TWIBs just shoot until they see your hand go up, and just
ignore visible hits on you otherwise. The refs 'talk' to them about it,
and the more mature players yell at them from the sideline, but it still
annoys me that they simply tell me "you should have put your gun up
faster" when I ask them what the hell happened.

Of course, it's *usually* enough to fix it by putting a single shot on
them with my Phantom, and possibly a second if they turn around to look
at me, and say the same thing. Usually.

Anyway--for the most part, it shouldn't be a problem. Lay off the
trigger a bit, and apologize when you overshoot. Just don't be a dick
about it, and most mature players are willing to forgive and forget.

25 Jul 2006 14:42:08
DeathX
Re: too many bps?

I am on a Mil Sim team also. When we are not playing big scenarios I
regularly use a pump. For the last year I've used an old Tippmann SL 68 II.
It is very reliable and you can pick one up for around $50. And with a J&J
barrel it is very accurate. The only problem is they have no ball detents so
the balls tend to roll out the front if you point the gun down. I have not
tried it yet but someone told me this can be remedied by putting a piece of
tape on the inside of the barrel.

25 Jul 2006 16:01:33
Matt Moriearty
Re: too many bps?

DeathX wrote:
> I am on a Mil Sim team also. When we are not playing big scenarios I
> regularly use a pump. For the last year I've used an old Tippmann SL 68 II.
> It is very reliable and you can pick one up for around $50. And with a J&J
> barrel it is very accurate. The only problem is they have no ball detents so
> the balls tend to roll out the front if you point the gun down. I have not
> tried it yet but someone told me this can be remedied by putting a piece of
> tape on the inside of the barrel.

Probably, but I wouldn't trust tape to stay there. If you're worried
about it and don't mind 'damaging' it, have someone drill and tap it for
a 'cocker detent. Or, even better, hit eBay for CCI Phantom detent
rings--they're thin rings that you drop into the barrel's throat relief,
and the barrel holds in when you screw it in. Or, IIRC, clamp it, for
the SL.

Otherwise, that's precisely the reason barrel kits were made, and the
only reason I still own one.

25 Jul 2006 19:52:52
Hardtime
Re: too many bps?

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 23:15:38 -0400, ChoongJung@webtv.net (unforgiven
33) wrote:

>i am a member of an 8 man woodsball/milsim team. all of our gear and
>uniforms are military. our guns are mod out to loo military. we even use
>bazookas/launchers, mines, grenades and tanks. it's alot of fun and a
>real kick to go out and play "war" for a day.
>
>side note:
>for those of you who've served in the military and especially those
>who've actually been in real war, hats off to ya. thanx for the freedom
>i enjoy :-)
>
>anyway, my team all have tippman guns and all but 2 of us have either
>responce triggers or eletros. every one wants a "machine gun". don't get
>me wrong, i like to pound out some heavy fire too sometimes. but playing
>yesterday, i was pited against my team. me against them all and i have
>an a-5 with stock trigger. i put out 3 of them before they ever even
>took a single shot back. when they did see me nd open up, it was hell
>for me :-)
>a few weeks ago i was using our captain's back up a-5. it has a respoce
>trigger and it is a light touch. i saw this kid (maybe 16 or 17 yrs old)
>with his back to me. i took a shot and he scrambled. when he scooted
>through a opening in the brush i just pressed the trigger and spit out
>maybe 9 or 10 balls. the first 2 put him out but, of course there was no
>way i could recall those others. they were aleady in flight and they all
>hit him. it wasn't a good feeling for me (prob alot worse for him). i
>know that there are times when we have to lay down cover fire and such.
>it is good stratagy good tactics. i just am begining to feel that it's a
>little over kill sometimes too. maybe i'm just feeling a bit quilty or
>something for burning that kid. i was seriously thinking of adding a
>responce to my a-5 or even an electro with the was or ape board. i just
>don't think i will. maybe later i'll add the responce if can convince
>myself it is worth it.
>
>even in speed ball you guys throw out 15 or more bps. i know it is good
>cover fire and it works. maybe i'm just suffering from lack of sleep :-)
>or maybe i'm only cut out for stock class play :-) anybody know where i
>can get a reliable pump cheap?

I use an A-5 (Check link below) and it has the WAS board and the QEV
upgrade. It can do 22+bps with no problems or eyes <G >

I leave it at about 15bps and I use the ramp setting. What this means
is that I am field legal (a lot of places) but I use the semi-auto 1-2
shots more often than the rope spitting ramp. I only use the
"ramping" when I am laying cover fire or in educational mode. I like
to due the double tap routine when shooting people because it leaves
me with at least one break on them without overshooting. When I go to
move I can quickly go into ramp so they stay down. In
speedball/pokeman paintball I never move without shooting my own cover
fire. In woodsball I move all the time without shooting as it leads
to a more stealthy technique.

I like to believe that I have never lit (more than 2-3 shots) someone
up that did not deserve it. ;-)

(`._Hardtime_.)

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88