26 Oct 2004 22:20:54
Bruce Chang
slide check valves

I've read some reviews on slide check valves and a couple guys said that
they leak and don't ever work right. Does anyone use one and if you do,
what experience do you have with them? Okay? Leaky?

I'm currently looking at the 32 degrees slide check for my PMI remote line.
I know, I probably should have gotten a PMI remote line with a check valve
but it was ebay and it didn't come with the slide check.

Thanks in advance

-Bruce

26 Oct 2004 18:56:50
Daniel Martin
Re: slide check valves

The orings sometimes go, easy to change,if it's like mine, a simple bottle
oring. A bit of lube goeas a long way to stave off the damage caused by the
sliding action.

Dan

"Bruce Chang" <bechang@swspambegonebell.net > wrote in message
> I've read some reviews on slide check valves and a couple guys said that
> they leak and don't ever work right. Does anyone use one and if you do,
> what experience do you have with them? Okay? Leaky?
>
> I'm currently looking at the 32 degrees slide check for my PMI remote
line.
> I know, I probably should have gotten a PMI remote line with a check valve
> but it was ebay and it didn't come with the slide check.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> -Bruce

27 Oct 2004 02:53:51
AUTOKAWKR
Re: slide check valves

I used to use a slide check on my remote. Never had a problem with it. Just
keep it oiled and clean and replace the o-rings once or twice a year and they
work just fine.

Mr. Bill
at a 4 way stop.....the vehicle with the largest wheels has the right of way
My Jeep is not an SUV....your SUV is not a Jeep

27 Oct 2004 01:36:40
Jeff Goslin
Re: slide check valves

"Bruce Chang" <bechang@swspambegonebell.net > wrote in message
> I've read some reviews on slide check valves and a couple guys said that
> they leak and don't ever work right. Does anyone use one and if you do,
> what experience do you have with them? Okay? Leaky?
>
> I'm currently looking at the 32 degrees slide check for my PMI remote
line.
> I know, I probably should have gotten a PMI remote line with a check valve
> but it was ebay and it didn't come with the slide check.

As far as I'm concerned, a remote isn't a remote without either a slidecheck
or a proconnect. Personally, I prefer slidechecks(more doohickeys to move
around and whatnot). They *can* leak, of course, like anything that isn't
well maintained. People often forget, however, that there are orings inside
those things. If you don't lubricate them before use, they will leak and
stick and crack, just like if you left your gun unoiled. Replacing the
orings is a pain in the ass, yes, but as long as you oil the thing before
you use it, you'll have no problems whatsoever.

However, if you want to avoid the leaking problems completely and still be
able to remove a remote line easily, get a proconnect. Basically it's a
slidecheck and quick disconnect in one small and simple package. It's also
quite a bit more expensive.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

Jose
Re: slide check valves

Slidechecks will eventually leak because of the design. You can get lever
actuated ball valve type of cutoffs that thread into the end of your remote
hose, then put a quick disconnect on the end of that. That is the setup I
use and it hasn't leaked in 4 years of use. I absolutely prefer the ball
valve to the slidecheck.
--
Jose I. Sanchez
Airsmith

"Bruce Chang" <bechang@swspambegonebell.net > wrote in message
> I've read some reviews on slide check valves and a couple guys said that
> they leak and don't ever work right. Does anyone use one and if you do,
> what experience do you have with them? Okay? Leaky?
>
> I'm currently looking at the 32 degrees slide check for my PMI remote
> line. I know, I probably should have gotten a PMI remote line with a check
> valve but it was ebay and it didn't come with the slide check.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> -Bruce

28 Oct 2004 00:36:39
LCT Paintball
Re: slide check valves

I don't like slidechecks, they leak. Plus, I never really figured out why
you need one. Simply twist the knob that hits the pin valve on a normal
remote, and the gas is off.

--
"Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
www.LCTPaintball.com

"Jose" <please@dontsendmestuff.com > wrote in message
> Slidechecks will eventually leak because of the design. You can get lever
> actuated ball valve type of cutoffs that thread into the end of your
> remote hose, then put a quick disconnect on the end of that. That is the
> setup I use and it hasn't leaked in 4 years of use. I absolutely prefer
> the ball valve to the slidecheck.
> --
> Jose I. Sanchez
> Airsmith
> Electric Iguana Paintball
> http://www.electriciguanapaintball.com
>
> "Bruce Chang" <bechang@swspambegonebell.net> wrote in message
>> I've read some reviews on slide check valves and a couple guys said that
>> they leak and don't ever work right. Does anyone use one and if you do,
>> what experience do you have with them? Okay? Leaky?
>>
>> I'm currently looking at the 32 degrees slide check for my PMI remote
>> line. I know, I probably should have gotten a PMI remote line with a
>> check valve but it was ebay and it didn't come with the slide check.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> -Bruce

27 Oct 2004 21:25:24
Daniel Martin
Re: slide check valves

So that you aren't disconnecting a line with 850 psi in it. I know it drops
fast, but is's still a bit of a pop, and perhaps a whip if there's any
liquid still in it.

Dan

"LCT Paintball" <nospampleasemnotlyon@mchsi.com > wrote in message
> I don't like slidechecks, they leak. Plus, I never really figured out why
> you need one. Simply twist the knob that hits the pin valve on a normal
> remote, and the gas is off.
>
> --
> "Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
> www.LCTPaintball.com
> www.LCTProducts.com
>

> "Jose" <please@dontsendmestuff.com> wrote in message
> > Slidechecks will eventually leak because of the design. You can get
lever
> > actuated ball valve type of cutoffs that thread into the end of your
> > remote hose, then put a quick disconnect on the end of that. That is
the
> > setup I use and it hasn't leaked in 4 years of use. I absolutely prefer
> > the ball valve to the slidecheck.
> > --
> > Jose I. Sanchez
> > Airsmith
> > Electric Iguana Paintball
> > http://www.electriciguanapaintball.com
> >
> > "Bruce Chang" <bechang@swspambegonebell.net> wrote in message
> >> I've read some reviews on slide check valves and a couple guys said
that
> >> they leak and don't ever work right. Does anyone use one and if you
do,
> >> what experience do you have with them? Okay? Leaky?
> >>
> >> I'm currently looking at the 32 degrees slide check for my PMI remote
> >> line. I know, I probably should have gotten a PMI remote line with a
> >> check valve but it was ebay and it didn't come with the slide check.
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance
> >>
> >> -Bruce

28 Oct 2004 01:55:30
Jeff Goslin
Re: slide check valves

"LCT Paintball" <nospampleasemnotlyon@mchsi.com > wrote in message
> I don't like slidechecks, they leak. Plus, I never really figured out why
> you need one. Simply twist the knob that hits the pin valve on a normal
> remote, and the gas is off.

Because it's a pain in the ass to gas down your entire system every time a
game ends, just so you can put your gun down.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

LCT Paintball
Re: slide check valves

> So that you aren't disconnecting a line with 850 psi in it. I know it
> drops
> fast, but is's still a bit of a pop, and perhaps a whip if there's any
> liquid still in it.

I just unscrew the cap and fire a few rounds. No big deal.

28 Oct 2004 20:54:31
Bruce Chang
Re: slide check valves

"Bruce Chang" <bechang@swspambegonebell.net > wrote in message
> I've read some reviews on slide check valves and a couple guys said that
> they leak and don't ever work right. Does anyone use one and if you do,
> what experience do you have with them? Okay? Leaky?
>
> I'm currently looking at the 32 degrees slide check for my PMI remote
> line. I know, I probably should have gotten a PMI remote line with a check
> valve but it was ebay and it didn't come with the slide check.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> -Bruce

I'm thinking about this more. My marker has a regulator on the ASA and I
was thinking, if I moved the reg nearer to the tank and allowed it to do
it's thing closer to tank, that may be beneficial, mostly from a weight
reduction standpoint and maybe a little from an efficiency standpoint. Do
you think it really matters?

This is what I invision my setup to be.
Tank screwed into a bottom line adapter that's attached to the regulator.
(tank and regulator held in place on a 4+1 pod harness)
Output of regulator to remote line.
Remote line to slide check.
Slide check to quick disconnect.
Quick disconnect to bottom line on marker.
and obviously bottomline to ASA.

Any thoughts?