27 Jul 2006 09:46:01
american bouncer
okay the truth

Now every one is fighting over with is better airsoft or paintball.
First of all I am going to lay down some facts.
1. You can not determine with hurts more airsoft or pintball yuo just
can't
2. airsoft is more team work associated then paintball
3. Airsoft is more realistice by a long shot
4. You look kick ass ninja in a black paintball get up
5.airsoft bb's cost a fraction of the price paintballs do.
6. You can get 6mm paintballs for airsoft guns even though they stink
7. If there was a worldwide airsoft war in my opinion airsoft would win
becuase we got assualt vehicels, mortars, dragonuv sniper rifles, and
m2 50. rifles!!!

sorry got a little crazy there...

i have played bothe for at least a year and I like both alot so to mee
there isn't a best.

27 Jul 2006 17:37:57
Nobby
Re: okay the truth

8. Airsoft should be called gaysoft.

9. Is a sport for people that like to shoot others but don't like to be
shot back.

10. Is a girls only pastime.

11. Where did you learn to fuckin spell !!!

LMFAO

--
Nobby

Never let the bastards grind you down...
Think positive and get even!!!

"american bouncer" <sdbooster@yahoo.com > wrote in message
> Now every one is fighting over with is better airsoft or paintball.
> First of all I am going to lay down some facts.
> 1. You can not determine with hurts more airsoft or pintball yuo just
> can't
> 2. airsoft is more team work associated then paintball
> 3. Airsoft is more realistice by a long shot
> 4. You look kick ass ninja in a black paintball get up
> 5.airsoft bb's cost a fraction of the price paintballs do.
> 6. You can get 6mm paintballs for airsoft guns even though they stink
> 7. If there was a worldwide airsoft war in my opinion airsoft would win
> becuase we got assualt vehicels, mortars, dragonuv sniper rifles, and
> m2 50. rifles!!!
>
> sorry got a little crazy there...
>

> i have played bothe for at least a year and I like both alot so to mee
> there isn't a best.

27 Jul 2006 10:42:24
Big Habeeb
Re: okay the truth

If there was a worldwide airsoft war, airsoft would win? I don't
understand that statement.
Beyond that: If you are saying there isn't a 'best', then why are you
even posting the argument?
They're completely different games...and you certainly can determine
which hurts more. Shoot yourself with a paintball at close range on
bare skin...do the same with a bb. You tell me which hurts more now.

As I said, they are COMPLETELY different games, and quite frankly, I
don't even see the need to be reading this stupid freakin thread. Go
post to rec.sports.guntoters or whatever the hell the airsoft forum
is...noone here gives a crap.

Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)
Coming soon to a town near you!

american bouncer wrote:
> Now every one is fighting over with is better airsoft or paintball.
> First of all I am going to lay down some facts.
> 1. You can not determine with hurts more airsoft or pintball yuo just
> can't
> 2. airsoft is more team work associated then paintball
> 3. Airsoft is more realistice by a long shot
> 4. You look kick ass ninja in a black paintball get up
> 5.airsoft bb's cost a fraction of the price paintballs do.
> 6. You can get 6mm paintballs for airsoft guns even though they stink
> 7. If there was a worldwide airsoft war in my opinion airsoft would win
> becuase we got assualt vehicels, mortars, dragonuv sniper rifles, and
> m2 50. rifles!!!
>
> sorry got a little crazy there...
>

> i have played bothe for at least a year and I like both alot so to mee
> there isn't a best.

27 Jul 2006 20:50:05
DGDevin
Re: okay the truth

"american bouncer" <sdbooster@yahoo.com > wrote in message

> Now every one is fighting over with is better airsoft or paintball.

And where is this supposed to be happening?

> First of all I am going to lay down some facts.

You misspelled "opinions."

> 1. You can not determine with hurts more airsoft or pintball yuo just
> can't

We could try, we could strap you to a chair and shoot you with both objects
and see which makes you scream louder.

> 2. airsoft is more team work associated then paintball

I think you just explained what kind of clusterfucks your paintball games
are.

> 3. Airsoft is more realistice by a long shot

For wannabes who want to play Lifesize G.I. Joe that is probably a big deal.

> 4. You look kick ass ninja in a black paintball get up

You'd look like a clueless loser actually.

> 5.airsoft bb's cost a fraction of the price paintballs do.

For those of us with a budget not based on an allowance from our parents
that isn't much of an issue.

> 6. You can get 6mm paintballs for airsoft guns even though they stink

Finally a valid point.

> 7. If there was a worldwide airsoft war in my opinion airsoft would win
> becuase we got assualt vehicels, mortars, dragonuv sniper rifles, and
> m2 50. rifles!!!

The rest of the world is more likely to use real tanks, mortars, rifles etc.

> sorry got a little crazy there...
> i have played bothe for at least a year and I like both alot so to mee
> there isn't a best.

Paintball started off much like airsoft, it was a fantasy game based on
military combat. That has largely changed, even people who play paintball
in the woods don't seem to care about that milsim stuff anymore, with the
notable exception of scenario players. Airsoft players however seem to be
mostly guys who want to "play army," and while that's fine so long as nobody
gets hurts and the cops don't need to get involved, it does seem a little
goofy. The whole "realism" thing is hilarious, try strapping a hundred
pounds of real gear to your butt and humping a few miles through the heat
and dust and then come tell us about the "realism" of airsoft.

27 Jul 2006 21:21:40
Zenin
Re: okay the truth

american bouncer <sdbooster@yahoo.com > wrote:
> Now every one is fighting over with is better airsoft or paintball.
> First of all I am going to lay down some facts.

You would seem to have have an interesting definition of the word "fact"
for which I am unfamiliar. Would you mind augmenting my public school
education with your superior grasp of modern English lexicon?

> 1. You can not determine with hurts more airsoft or pintball yuo just
> can't

Get hit by both. Note which causes you to yelp louder. Winner!

> 2. airsoft is more team work associated then paintball

Wouldn't this depend on the particular teams?

> 3. Airsoft is more realistice by a long shot

Ok, I'll grant you that airsoft is more "realistice". ;-)

> 4. You look kick ass ninja in a black paintball get up

Yes, yes we do. Well, except for the majority of paintballers who wear
standard military BTUs...

> 5.airsoft bb's cost a fraction of the price paintballs do.

In the real world ammunition is expensive. The higher price of
paintball ammunition helps accurately simulate real world combat
conditions. Ergo paintball ammunition is more realistic. :-D

> 6. You can get 6mm paintballs for airsoft guns even though they stink

Which make them a non-feature. If they won't break...who cares if they
have paint inside.

> 7. If there was a worldwide airsoft war in my opinion airsoft would win
> becuase we got assualt vehicels, mortars, dragonuv sniper rifles, and m2
> 50. rifles!!!

Well, I would truely hope if there was an airsoft war that airsoft would
win. If the dirt won you'd look mighty silly. :-/

> i have played bothe for at least a year and I like both alot so to mee
> there isn't a best.

The airsoft players I've met largely take their "game" too seriously.
That's the real difference I've personally seen that pushes me away from
it. Sure, I'm making my own ghillie suit for paintball and enjoy
modding my guys torward something more milsim like...but it's with a
very different attitude. It's the "plastic army men" fun attitude I had
growing up...in contrast with the "training for the revolution" attitude
I see from the airsoft crowd.

--
-Zenin - "It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!"

27 Jul 2006 21:28:52
Tom Greening
Re: okay the truth

DGDevin wrote:
> goofy. The whole "realism" thing is hilarious, try strapping a hundred
> pounds of real gear to your butt and humping a few miles through the heat
> and dust and then come tell us about the "realism" of airsoft.

Here, here. I've humped that stuff in my day and it's no fun at all.
Hell, I remember in boot camp I had to have my combat boots resoled
twice, and I was only there 3 months. By the time I left I had feet
like rhinoceros skin. I could have walked barefoot across a fire pit of
broken glass and never noticed.

I'd be willing to bet you'll find most mil-sim fans have never been
military, and wash-outs don't count. If they were that fond of it,
they'd still be in doing it for real.

My guess is the vast majority of the mil-sim crowd are military
wanna-bes without the conviction or guts to go play for real.

27 Jul 2006 20:06:09
Dan Martin
Re: okay the truth

I just want to know why he's wearing a black paintball get up" and playing
airsoft, don't they have their own "kick ass black ninja" suits for airsoft?

Dan

> > 4. You look kick ass ninja in a black paintball get up
>
> Yes, yes we do. Well, except for the majority of paintballers who
wear
> standard military BTUs...

28 Jul 2006 08:41:58
Hardtime
Re: okay the truth

On 27 Jul 2006 09:46:01 -0700, "american bouncer"
<sdbooster@yahoo.com > wrote:

>Now every one is fighting over with is better airsoft or paintball.
>First of all I am going to lay down some facts.
>1. You can not determine with hurts more airsoft or pintball yuo just
>can't
Why not? I have played both and paintball keeps hurting even beyond
the range of Airsoft. They only benefit is that paintballs break
(most of the time) and Airsoft does not but they are smaller and less
umph behind them.

>2. airsoft is more team work associated then paintball

You have never played a good game of woodsball? Or even a good zoned
game of speedball?

>3. Airsoft is more realistice by a long shot

That is why there are a lot of police departments that use paintball
for urban simulations.

>4. You look kick ass ninja in a black paintball get up

What the heck are you saying?

>5.airsoft bb's cost a fraction of the price paintballs do.

This is very true but if you get sponsored it is taken care of.
>6. You can get 6mm paintballs for airsoft guns even though they stink

Wow, do they still leave marks to prove that you hit them?

>7. If there was a worldwide airsoft war in my opinion airsoft would win
>becuase we got assualt vehicels, mortars, dragonuv sniper rifles, and
>m2 50. rifles!!!

You really have not been around paintball have you? Check out some of
the big scenario events. By the way what is the range (max. effective
range) of these awesome Airsoft guns? Are there paintball markers and
paintball combinations that more than outdistance your awesome Airsoft
setups?

>sorry got a little crazy there...

>i have played bothe for at least a year and I like both alot so to mee
>there isn't a best.

Evidentially you have not played very much paintball or big around any
events or arranged/coordinated games. I too have played both and
there are pros and cons to both. Airsoft is cheaper to play but I see
a lot more cheating in it. I can take hits in Airsoft and never have
even a red spot on me to say I was hit at anything over 25 feet so how
are you going to judge that. Remember a lot of times if you did not
see the round go down range it will disappear at 50+ feet. You will
however find the pellet laying on the ground in a couple of months.

Paintball residue is normally gone in a couple of weeks or less if it
rains a couple of times. My marker reaches a good 175 feet and I do
not think that Airsoft can do that unless you have a very good wind at
your back and then you would still be pressed.

My boys play Airsoft in my yard because I do not have to worry about
them flooding the neighbors yard with the pellets as they just do not
make it there. Now with paintball they can not play games in my yard
because I do not want to have to pressure wash the neighbors house
after each game.

My suggestion would be to look around and join a good paintball event
and enjoy yourself.

(`._Hardtime_.)

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

28 Jul 2006 09:10:56
Hardtime
Re: okay the truth

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 21:28:52 GMT, Tom Greening <tgreening@yomama.com >
wrote:

>DGDevin wrote:
>> goofy. The whole "realism" thing is hilarious, try strapping a hundred
>> pounds of real gear to your butt and humping a few miles through the heat
>> and dust and then come tell us about the "realism" of airsoft.

What the heck only a 100 pounds? Must of been mechanized with rations
carried in the vehicle. That is right nowadays the gear is
lightweight. Darn I had to carry food for a week and my gear &
supplies (including cold weather survival gear) to till the next
rendezvous or air drop. It was easily over 120lbs and then I had to
carry that stupid AN/PRC-77 radio and spare batteries because no one
else had the clearance for it in the environment we were in. Others
could carry them for drop-offs as hidden repeaters only.

>Here, here. I've humped that stuff in my day and it's no fun at all.
>Hell, I remember in boot camp I had to have my combat boots resoled
>twice, and I was only there 3 months. By the time I left I had feet
>like rhinoceros skin. I could have walked barefoot across a fire pit of
>broken glass and never noticed.

I was in both of the two last straight leg units in the Army and one
of them was converted to mechanized before I left and the other was
converted to a semi-air assault group but it was still doubling as a
test unit. Sometimes I would go to take a shower and forget that I
had my boots on. That is unless of course I had used a knife that
week and shaved the calluses off of my feet. Otherwise glass and such
could not cut the skin.

>I'd be willing to bet you'll find most mil-sim fans have never been
>military, and wash-outs don't count. If they were that fond of it,
>they'd still be in doing it for real.

That is a good bet, unless they got screwed by the force reductions
like me. <g >. Now they can not get people to stay in. Good thinking
politicians. Thanks Billy Bob, and I agree with you, it was not sex
by any means. Yeah, right.

>My guess is the vast majority of the mil-sim crowd are military
>wanna-bes without the conviction or guts to go play for real.

I was in both of the two last straight leg units in the Army and one
of them was being converted to mechanized before I left.

(`._Hardtime_.)

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

28 Jul 2006 09:52:02
Hardtime
Re: okay the truth

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 21:21:40 -0000, Zenin <zenin@rhps.org > wrote:

>american bouncer <sdbooster@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Now every one is fighting over with is better airsoft or paintball.
>> First of all I am going to lay down some facts.
>
> You would seem to have have an interesting definition of the word "fact"
> for which I am unfamiliar. Would you mind augmenting my public school
> education with your superior grasp of modern English lexicon?
>
>> 1. You can not determine with hurts more airsoft or pintball yuo just
>> can't
>
> Get hit by both. Note which causes you to yelp louder. Winner!
>
>> 2. airsoft is more team work associated then paintball
>
> Wouldn't this depend on the particular teams?
>
>> 3. Airsoft is more realistice by a long shot
>
> Ok, I'll grant you that airsoft is more "realistice". ;-)
>
>> 4. You look kick ass ninja in a black paintball get up

This sounds more like inviting someone to educate you more. There are
other things that are as bad or badder than so called Kick But
Ninja's.

I thought that the Ninja was a silent hidden assassin much like a
sniper after one at a time or just the stragglers. The military was
and are eliminators of the entire groups of opposition.

> Yes, yes we do. Well, except for the majority of paintballers who wear
> standard military BTUs...
>
>> 5.airsoft bb's cost a fraction of the price paintballs do.
>
> In the real world ammunition is expensive. The higher price of
> paintball ammunition helps accurately simulate real world combat
> conditions. Ergo paintball ammunition is more realistic. :-D
>
>> 6. You can get 6mm paintballs for airsoft guns even though they stink
>
> Which make them a non-feature. If they won't break...who cares if they
> have paint inside.

To me it sounds like mil-sim with some paintball-sim at the same time?
LOL

>> 7. If there was a worldwide airsoft war in my opinion airsoft would win
>> becuase we got assualt vehicels, mortars, dragonuv sniper rifles, and m2
>> 50. rifles!!!
>
> Well, I would truely hope if there was an airsoft war that airsoft would
> win. If the dirt won you'd look mighty silly. :-/
>
>> i have played bothe for at least a year and I like both alot so to mee
>> there isn't a best.

OK now we have a time span but do we have an actual involvement with
how many times each and with how many people each time. I still find
it a little bit hard to believe you have had the same experiences with
both. I mean as in simulations and time spent on both.

> The airsoft players I've met largely take their "game" too seriously.
> That's the real difference I've personally seen that pushes me away from
> it. Sure, I'm making my own ghillie suit for paintball and enjoy
> modding my guys torward something more milsim like...but it's with a
> very different attitude. It's the "plastic army men" fun attitude I had
> growing up...in contrast with the "training for the revolution" attitude
> I see from the airsoft crowd.

(`._Hardtime_.)

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

28 Jul 2006 13:35:25
Jeff Goslin
Re: okay the truth

I am always amused when soldiers get into dick measuring contests. "And I
still have the shrapnel in my ass, too...!"

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

"Hardtime" <hardtime11@hotmail.com > wrote in message
> On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 21:28:52 GMT, Tom Greening <tgreening@yomama.com>
> wrote:
>
>>DGDevin wrote:
>>> goofy. The whole "realism" thing is hilarious, try strapping a hundred
>>> pounds of real gear to your butt and humping a few miles through the
>>> heat
>>> and dust and then come tell us about the "realism" of airsoft.
>
> What the heck only a 100 pounds? Must of been mechanized with rations
> carried in the vehicle. That is right nowadays the gear is
> lightweight. Darn I had to carry food for a week and my gear &
> supplies (including cold weather survival gear) to till the next
> rendezvous or air drop. It was easily over 120lbs and then I had to
> carry that stupid AN/PRC-77 radio and spare batteries because no one
> else had the clearance for it in the environment we were in. Others
> could carry them for drop-offs as hidden repeaters only.
>

>>Here, here. I've humped that stuff in my day and it's no fun at all.
>>Hell, I remember in boot camp I had to have my combat boots resoled
>>twice, and I was only there 3 months. By the time I left I had feet
>>like rhinoceros skin. I could have walked barefoot across a fire pit of
>>broken glass and never noticed.
>
> I was in both of the two last straight leg units in the Army and one
> of them was converted to mechanized before I left and the other was
> converted to a semi-air assault group but it was still doubling as a
> test unit. Sometimes I would go to take a shower and forget that I
> had my boots on. That is unless of course I had used a knife that
> week and shaved the calluses off of my feet. Otherwise glass and such
> could not cut the skin.
>
>>I'd be willing to bet you'll find most mil-sim fans have never been
>>military, and wash-outs don't count. If they were that fond of it,
>>they'd still be in doing it for real.
>
> That is a good bet, unless they got screwed by the force reductions
> like me. <g>. Now they can not get people to stay in. Good thinking
> politicians. Thanks Billy Bob, and I agree with you, it was not sex
> by any means. Yeah, right.
>
>>My guess is the vast majority of the mil-sim crowd are military
>>wanna-bes without the conviction or guts to go play for real.
>
> I was in both of the two last straight leg units in the Army and one
> of them was being converted to mechanized before I left.
>

> (`._Hardtime_.)
>
> http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

28 Jul 2006 23:33:50
Hardtime
Re: okay the truth

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:35:25 -0400, "Jeff Goslin"
<autockr@comcast.net > wrote:

>I am always amused when soldiers get into dick measuring contests. "And I
>still have the shrapnel in my ass, too...!"

LOL, yep and I have the bad back to prove it now. Wait a minute that
is no laughing matter. Oh well I would do it again in the same
situation. I never had not metal inserts either wanted or not wanted.

I just put it in because I look back on it now and think that it was
funny and silly at the same time. They have some pretty good gear now
and have some high speed mobile transport equipment.

(`._Hardtime_.)

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

31 Jul 2006 09:42:40
pukindog
Re: okay the truth

american bouncer wrote:

> 3. Airsoft is more realistice by a long shot

This one always cracks me up. Yeah, you're lead weighted M-16/M-4 with
300 round magazines, no recoil or report and effortless full auto..
wow.. the kind of realism that makes it easy to be a soldier of
fiction..

Billy Goodman
www.pukindogspaintball.com

31 Jul 2006 09:54:02
pukindog
Re: okay the truth

Zenin wrote:

> The airsoft players I've met largely take their "game" too seriously.
> That's the real difference I've personally seen that pushes me away from
> it. Sure, I'm making my own ghillie suit for paintball and enjoy
> modding my guys torward something more milsim like...but it's with a
> very different attitude. It's the "plastic army men" fun attitude I had
> growing up...in contrast with the "training for the revolution" attitude
> I see from the airsoft crowd.
>
> --
well said. I would echo that, except I don't feel like copying and
pasting.. But seriously, the attitude IS the difference. People often
try to confuse those of us who play scenario paintball with airsofters
on that bit, but in my experience the attitude is totally different.

Billy Goodman
www.pukindogspaintball.com

31 Jul 2006 14:44:52
Big Habeeb
Re: okay the truth

I tend to agree, although I hate generalizations (since people
generally say paintball players are drunken, vandalizing, assholes).
I've only played airsoft once, but those players were far more
'hardcore' than I typically enjoy. I've been to several scenario type
games and have found those people to be some of the most laid back and
enjoyable that I've ever had the opportunity to play with. They didn't
prejudge me, even though I was wandering around in a JT tourney jersey,
and when they saw I wasn't going to be a tourney-a-hole, they were
actually extremely friendly...of all the types of ball I've played, IN
GENERAL, I've found the scenario crowd to be the most accepting...sorta
like the dungeons and dragons crowd, only with guns.

pukindog wrote:
> Zenin wrote:
>

> > The airsoft players I've met largely take their "game" too seriously.
> > That's the real difference I've personally seen that pushes me away from
> > it. Sure, I'm making my own ghillie suit for paintball and enjoy
> > modding my guys torward something more milsim like...but it's with a
> > very different attitude. It's the "plastic army men" fun attitude I had
> > growing up...in contrast with the "training for the revolution" attitude
> > I see from the airsoft crowd.
> >
> > --
> well said. I would echo that, except I don't feel like copying and
> pasting.. But seriously, the attitude IS the difference. People often
> try to confuse those of us who play scenario paintball with airsofters
> on that bit, but in my experience the attitude is totally different.
>
> Billy Goodman
> www.pukindogspaintball.com

01 Aug 2006 06:41:45
pukindog
Re: okay the truth

Big Habeeb wrote:
> I tend to agree, although I hate generalizations (since people
> generally say paintball players are drunken, vandalizing, assholes).
> I've only played airsoft once, but those players were far more
> 'hardcore' than I typically enjoy. I've been to several scenario type
> games and have found those people to be some of the most laid back and
> enjoyable that I've ever had the opportunity to play with. They didn't
> prejudge me, even though I was wandering around in a JT tourney jersey,
> and when they saw I wasn't going to be a tourney-a-hole, they were
> actually extremely friendly...of all the types of ball I've played, IN
> GENERAL, I've found the scenario crowd to be the most accepting...sorta
> like the dungeons and dragons crowd, only with guns.

Scenario ball is generally laid back..if it wasn't, I wouldn't be doing
it. I play paintball to relax and get away from the stress of life, and
the last thing I'll put up with is stress at a paintball game - which
is exactly why I walked away from tourney ball years ago, but that's
another story. In my experience, most scenario players are (like me) a
little older.. guys who maybe played paintball 10 to 20 years ago when
it was capture the flag in big wooded areas.. and they are looking to
recapture some of the spirit of adventure that drew them to the game to
start with. I think it is also a little more laid back because it tends
to be more of a family friendly atmosphere. It's not unusual at all to
see a husband, wife, and their kids out playing a scenario game. Most
parents (and other responsible adults) aren't going to spend time
setting a bad example for their kids by taking the game too seriously.
Me personally.. I have a hared time taking ANYTHING seriously,
especially a paintball game :)