25 Dec 2005 20:26:57
Nick
Spyder Rodeo or a Pirahna GTI?

I have been looking at these two markers and I wasn't sure which would be
better for playing woodsball?
Or if anyone knows of one that is similar to these?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

25 Dec 2005 21:36:32
unforgiven 33
Re: Spyder Rodeo or a Pirahna GTI?

our pro shop has one pirahna for a rental (the rest are 98 customs and
pro lights) and i've never been to impressed with it. i want to say that
it is the only pirahna i have ever used though. there is another local
field that uses only pirahnas for rentals and they swear by them. i have
used spyders though and was always pleased with them. (i play
woodsball).

to be sure, you want one that is as nonreflective as possible. also one
that will withstand being in the woods.

26 Dec 2005 14:59:42
Nick
Re: Spyder Rodeo or a Pirahna GTI?

Thanks I will keep that in mind, I did prefer the spyder rodeo. As for non
reflective-ness i was going to get it in black and silver.

Thanks

"unforgiven 33" <ChoongJung@webtv.net > wrote in message
> our pro shop has one pirahna for a rental (the rest are 98 customs and
> pro lights) and i've never been to impressed with it. i want to say that
> it is the only pirahna i have ever used though. there is another local
> field that uses only pirahnas for rentals and they swear by them. i have
> used spyders though and was always pleased with them. (i play
> woodsball).
>
> to be sure, you want one that is as nonreflective as possible. also one
> that will withstand being in the woods.

26 Dec 2005 17:01:01
Nick
Re: Spyder Rodeo or a Pirahna GTI?

Does anyone know of any shops in the UK that sell Spyder markers? If they
have a website that would be great too.

Thanks

"Nick" <higgins.nick@virgin.net > wrote in message
>I have been looking at these two markers and I wasn't sure which would be
>better for playing woodsball?
> Or if anyone knows of one that is similar to these?
>
> Thanks and Merry Christmas!

26 Dec 2005 19:50:58
Bruce Chang
Re: Spyder Rodeo or a Pirahna GTI?

"Nick" <higgins.nick@virgin.net > wrote in message
>I have been looking at these two markers and I wasn't sure which would be
>better for playing woodsball?
> Or if anyone knows of one that is similar to these?
>
> Thanks and Merry Christmas!

I would take a piranha over a spyder anyday. The spyders feel much more
clunky and bulky than the piranha. Having had used 2 different Piranha
models and 4 different Spyders, piranha would be my choice and eventhough
I've moved to Autocockers, I still have my piranha EXT pro for a backup.
The piranha took the spyder design and streamlined it and tweaked it for
better functionality. They shoot the same and I think the Piranhas have
better aesthetic appeal than the Spyders. Both take Spyder threaded barrels
so that's moot.

27 Dec 2005 19:48:22
LCT Paintball
Re: Spyder Rodeo or a Pirahna GTI?

> I would take a piranha over a spyder anyday. The spyders feel much more
> clunky and bulky than the piranha. Having had used 2 different Piranha
> models and 4 different Spyders, piranha would be my choice and eventhough
> I've moved to Autocockers, I still have my piranha EXT pro for a backup.
> The piranha took the spyder design and streamlined it and tweaked it for
> better functionality. They shoot the same and I think the Piranhas have
> better aesthetic appeal than the Spyders. Both take Spyder threaded
> barrels so that's moot.

For some reason, the Spyders tend to shake themselves apart too.

If you get a spyder, make sure you locktight all the bolts that you wanna
still have by the end of the day.

27 Dec 2005 22:10:24
Nick
Re: Spyder Rodeo or a Pirahna GTI? OR Psycho Ballistics Silver Bullet?

I have a new predicament now. I don't really want to go through all the
hassle and waiting of buying a marker from the US so I have been looking
through the online stores of the UK. They don't really have much to offer
in my price range, the tend to be really expensive. I did stumble across a
marker that I like. Its the Psycho Ballistics Silver Bullet. Does anyone
know much about this gun? Is it good or not? From the reviews i have read
on pbreview.com it seems good, but there are a few negative ones.

Thanks

"LCT Paintball" <nospampleasemnotlyon@mchsi.com > wrote in message

>> I would take a piranha over a spyder anyday. The spyders feel much more
>> clunky and bulky than the piranha. Having had used 2 different Piranha
>> models and 4 different Spyders, piranha would be my choice and eventhough
>> I've moved to Autocockers, I still have my piranha EXT pro for a backup.
>> The piranha took the spyder design and streamlined it and tweaked it for
>> better functionality. They shoot the same and I think the Piranhas have
>> better aesthetic appeal than the Spyders. Both take Spyder threaded
>> barrels so that's moot.
>>

> For some reason, the Spyders tend to shake themselves apart too.
>
> If you get a spyder, make sure you locktight all the bolts that you wanna
> still have by the end of the day.

28 Dec 2005 06:24:53
Matt Moriearty

Nick wrote:
> I have a new predicament now. I don't really want to go through all the
> hassle and waiting of buying a marker from the US so I have been looking
> through the online stores of the UK. They don't really have much to offer
> in my price range, the tend to be really expensive. I did stumble across a
> marker that I like. Its the Psycho Ballistics Silver Bullet. Does anyone
> know much about this gun? Is it good or not? From the reviews i have read
> on pbreview.com it seems good, but there are a few negative ones.
>
> Thanks

It's another Spyder clone. I'd be willing to bet it's compatible with
most if not all of the upgrades for Spyders or Piranhas. I've also heard
(not seen) that the quality control on those is a bit lax. The good ones
are about the same as any other Spyder, and the bad ones are just
plain junk. Test it out first if you can. Hold it, dry-fire it a few
times. Again, Loctite in the grip frame screws. Make sure the barrel's
got a good O-ring.

--
Please note that due to cuts in the budget, the light at the end of the
tunnel has been disconnected.

28 Dec 2005 10:57:28
Nick
Re: Spyder Rodeo or a Pirahna GTI? OR Psycho Ballistics Silver Bullet?

Ok thanks, I will see if i can get my hands on one to try it.

"Matt Moriearty" <MathU41@tampabay.rr.com > wrote in message
> Nick wrote:
>> I have a new predicament now. I don't really want to go through all the
>> hassle and waiting of buying a marker from the US so I have been looking
>> through the online stores of the UK. They don't really have much to
>> offer in my price range, the tend to be really expensive. I did stumble
>> across a marker that I like. Its the Psycho Ballistics Silver Bullet.
>> Does anyone know much about this gun? Is it good or not? From the
>> reviews i have read on pbreview.com it seems good, but there are a few
>> negative ones.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> It's another Spyder clone. I'd be willing to bet it's compatible with most
> if not all of the upgrades for Spyders or Piranhas. I've also heard (not
> seen) that the quality control on those is a bit lax. The good ones are
> about the same as any other Spyder, and the bad ones are just plain junk.
> Test it out first if you can. Hold it, dry-fire it a few times. Again,
> Loctite in the grip frame screws. Make sure the barrel's got a good
> O-ring.
>
> --
> Please note that due to cuts in the budget, the light at the end of the
> tunnel has been disconnected.
> --Management

28 Dec 2005 05:20:04
Re: Spyder Rodeo or a Pirahna GTI?

spyders suck. buy a DM6
Nick wrote:
> I have been looking at these two markers and I wasn't sure which would be
> better for playing woodsball?
> Or if anyone knows of one that is similar to these?
>
> Thanks and Merry Christmas!

28 Dec 2005 17:12:25
Matt Moriearty

vortep@gmail.com wrote:
> spyders suck. buy a DM6

Wow, thanks. Very informative. I think--and this is just an idea,
correct me if I'm wrong--that if he's looking at Spyders, he's far from
saving enough money for your latest, greatest, flavor-of-the-day
painthose. Just a thought.

--
Please note that due to cuts in the budget, the light at the end of the
tunnel has been disconnected.
--Management

28 Dec 2005 10:47:08
Re: Spyder Rodeo or a Pirahna GTI?

ahem... i own an ion (it sucks)... i'm really far away from the dm6....
that was sarcasm. much like tree fitty in for sale threads.
Matt Moriearty wrote:
> vortep@gmail.com wrote:
> > spyders suck. buy a DM6
>
> Wow, thanks. Very informative. I think--and this is just an idea,
> correct me if I'm wrong--that if he's looking at Spyders, he's far from
> saving enough money for your latest, greatest, flavor-of-the-day
> painthose. Just a thought.
>
> --
> Please note that due to cuts in the budget, the light at the end of the
> tunnel has been disconnected.
> --Management

28 Dec 2005 19:35:34
Bruce Chang

<vortep@gmail.com > wrote in message
> ahem... i own an ion (it sucks)... i'm really far away from the dm6....
> that was sarcasm. much like tree fitty in for sale threads.

Nearly the worst example of sarcasm I've ever read.

28 Dec 2005 11:45:46
Re: Spyder Rodeo or a Pirahna GTI?

hey, if Tony can say it, why can't i?
Bruce Chang wrote:
> <vortep@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > ahem... i own an ion (it sucks)... i'm really far away from the dm6....
> > that was sarcasm. much like tree fitty in for sale threads.
>

> Nearly the worst example of sarcasm I've ever read.

28 Dec 2005 19:48:15
Bruce Chang

> hey, if Tony can say it, why can't i?
> Bruce Chang wrote:
>> <vortep@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > ahem... i own an ion (it sucks)... i'm really far away from the dm6....
>> > that was sarcasm. much like tree fitty in for sale threads.
>>

>> Nearly the worst example of sarcasm I've ever read.

Oh, that's even better. You're using Tony as an example?

28 Dec 2005 14:41:10
Tony Sr.
Re: Spyder Rodeo or a Pirahna GTI?

dats the thing to do....;-)
"Bruce Chang" <bechang@swspambegonebell.net > wrote in message

> <vortep@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > hey, if Tony can say it, why can't i?
> > Bruce Chang wrote:
> >> <vortep@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >>

> >> Nearly the worst example of sarcasm I've ever read.
> >

> Oh, that's even better. You're using Tony as an example?

29 Dec 2005 11:02:35
Stuart Coomber
Re: Spyder Rodeo or a Pirahna GTI?

Nick,

Sounds like your having the same old problem most of us have in the UK - you
can see all these great markers but they're in the States. When you find
shops in the UK, they either have low/no stock, limited range and over the
odds pricing.

I recently found an e-store in the states call PunishersPaintball.com. I
have only bought upgrades and spare parts from them but they are great for
price AND delivery. My last order (HALO loader + small upgrades) was about
150 and I had to pay 28 duty to customs (FedEx) shortly after receiving
the item. I don't know what they're like for markers but I would highly
recommend them. If you have a PayPal account all you need to do is send PP
an email with all the things you would like (making sure they're in stock)
and ask for an invoice with shipping. Then just log on to PayPal and pay the
invoice - it could not be any simpler, you do not need to worry about
exchange rates etc, that's all taken care of. As far as the cost of shipping
is concerned, I paid $20 (about 12) for my last order, and I got it within
3 days, which is quicker than most UK retailers. Just remember that you will
have an invoice from the shipping company (FedEx) for the duty charges about
10 days later, however it still works out cheaper than UK.

Send me an email if you have anymore questions?!

"Nick" <higgins.nick@virgin.net > wrote in message
>I have been looking at these two markers and I wasn't sure which would be
>better for playing woodsball?
> Or if anyone knows of one that is similar to these?
>
> Thanks and Merry Christmas!

29 Dec 2005 11:55:44
Nick
Re: Spyder Rodeo or a Pirahna GTI?

Thank you, that helps a lot. I still have not had any answer from the
customs people, but if you have bought paintball parts from the US with no
problems or high tax's then it should be ok.

Thanks again