21 Jul 2006 14:34:17
Big Habeeb
Rebound mode - what in the hell is it?

Probably a stupid question, but not having played with a 'modern'
electro yet, I have to ask...
What the hell is the rebound mode I read so much about, available on
most of the newer electros (nerves and the like)?

22 Jul 2006 00:58:19
Matt Moriearty
Re: Rebound mode - what in the hell is it?

Big Habeeb wrote:
> Probably a stupid question, but not having played with a 'modern'
> electro yet, I have to ask...
> What the hell is the rebound mode I read so much about, available on
> most of the newer electros (nerves and the like)?

IIRC, It's the same as the 'old' responser or reactive mods--fires once
on the pull, once on the release.

My old Spyder grip had that. It's fun. :)

22 Jul 2006 05:27:01
DGDevin

"Matt Moriearty" <MathU41@tampabay.rr.com > wrote in message

> IIRC, It's the same as the 'old' responser or reactive mods--fires once on
> the pull, once on the release.
>
> My old Spyder grip had that. It's fun. :)

They have a new version, you don't even have to pull the trigger, in fact
it's totally automated, you don't even have to carry the gun onto the field,
it plays the whole game for you while you stay in the staging area.
Technology, it's made paintball so much better in the last few years. . . .

21 Jul 2006 22:55:04
Tony Sr.
Re: Rebound mode - what in the hell is it?

how would you know Dev ? you still are in the stone age...
"DGDevin" <dgdevin@invalid.invalid > wrote in message
> "Matt Moriearty" <MathU41@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
>

> > IIRC, It's the same as the 'old' responser or reactive mods--fires once
on
> > the pull, once on the release.
> >
> > My old Spyder grip had that. It's fun. :)
>
> They have a new version, you don't even have to pull the trigger, in fact
> it's totally automated, you don't even have to carry the gun onto the
field,
> it plays the whole game for you while you stay in the staging area.
> Technology, it's made paintball so much better in the last few years. . .
.

24 Jul 2006 08:12:39
Big Habeeb
Re: Rebound mode - what in the hell is it?

See, the name is kinda deceiving then...i was under the impression it
was more of an RT type trigger...sounds like it at any rate.
Great...just another way for no talent squids to rip out massive
amounts of paint.
Is it just me or does anyone else long for the days of one pull-one
shot, no questions asked?

Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)
Coming soon to a town near you!

Tony Sr. wrote:
> how would you know Dev ? you still are in the stone age...
> "DGDevin" <dgdevin@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> > "Matt Moriearty" <MathU41@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> >

> > > IIRC, It's the same as the 'old' responser or reactive mods--fires once
> on
> > > the pull, once on the release.
> > >
> > > My old Spyder grip had that. It's fun. :)
> >
> > They have a new version, you don't even have to pull the trigger, in fact
> > it's totally automated, you don't even have to carry the gun onto the
> field,
> > it plays the whole game for you while you stay in the staging area.
> > Technology, it's made paintball so much better in the last few years. . .
> .

24 Jul 2006 23:02:11
Tony Sr.
Re: Rebound mode - what in the hell is it?

Mitch i got my old freeflow and i love it..screw all the machine guns...just
imho tourny ball..yes get what is a ripping paintslinger and go at it...but
little more than just plain rec ball my cocker is fine.
"Big Habeeb" <mitch.brenner@gmail.com > wrote in message
> See, the name is kinda deceiving then...i was under the impression it
> was more of an RT type trigger...sounds like it at any rate.
> Great...just another way for no talent squids to rip out massive
> amounts of paint.
> Is it just me or does anyone else long for the days of one pull-one
> shot, no questions asked?
>
> Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)
> Coming soon to a town near you!
>
> Tony Sr. wrote:
> > how would you know Dev ? you still are in the stone age...
> > "DGDevin" <dgdevin@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> > > "Matt Moriearty" <MathU41@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

> > on

> > > They have a new version, you don't even have to pull the trigger, in
fact
> > > it's totally automated, you don't even have to carry the gun onto the
> > field,
> > > it plays the whole game for you while you stay in the staging area.
> > > Technology, it's made paintball so much better in the last few years.
. .
> > .

25 Jul 2006 07:11:13
Big Habeeb
Re: Rebound mode - what in the hell is it?

Eh, I would still take my old eclipse into a tourney too...its just the
way I play. My finger works faster on just about any normal mech.
cocker than it has on any electro I've owned (except maybe for the
turbo shocker with all american board). I've just never felt a need to
be able to rip 20 balls a second...I find that a nice 8 - 9 bps is
PLENTY...even as a back player trying to tag someone on the breakout.
I rip 8 or so balls per second down the side for the first few seconds,
and as often as not tag at least one person on their way out of the
box. And regardless of what people say, I have never suffered from the
'finger fatigue' that electro-toters claim is a regular effect of
shooting a mechanical marker.

That's not to say that I don't remember the OLD days of mech cockers,
when the trigger was like a sled...but my eclipse with roller sear:
I'll take the pepsi challenge against someone toting an angel any ol'
day of the week. Keep in mind, i've owned most of the older electros
out there...shocker, bushie, impulse, angel, angel lcd...and while I
liked the guns invariably they've found their way back into my bag,
playing second fiddle to my cocker. At the end of the day, my cocker
and my mag are my babies, and I doubt they'll ever be replaced, even if
I do buy a new toy...currently contemplating a quest, in case anyone is
curious ;)

Tony Sr. wrote:
> Mitch i got my old freeflow and i love it..screw all the machine guns...just
> imho tourny ball..yes get what is a ripping paintslinger and go at it...but
> little more than just plain rec ball my cocker is fine.
> "Big Habeeb" <mitch.brenner@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > See, the name is kinda deceiving then...i was under the impression it
> > was more of an RT type trigger...sounds like it at any rate.
> > Great...just another way for no talent squids to rip out massive
> > amounts of paint.
> > Is it just me or does anyone else long for the days of one pull-one
> > shot, no questions asked?
> >
> > Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)
> > Coming soon to a town near you!
> >
> > Tony Sr. wrote:
> > > how would you know Dev ? you still are in the stone age...
> > > "DGDevin" <dgdevin@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> once
> > > on

> fact
> > > field,
> . .
> > > .

25 Jul 2006 15:58:27

Big Habeeb wrote:
currently contemplating a quest, in case anyone is
> curious ;)

Just FYI, the local hearsay is that the Quest is plain junk--a good
design, but the fit and finish would make Mr. Chin ashamed to leave the
'made in Taiwan' sticker on it.

Maybe the guys I've talked to got a lemon run, or Mr. Chin didn't notice
a chipped bit in his tooling, or what, but the consensus was crap.

25 Jul 2006 13:11:33
Big Habeeb
Re: Rebound mode - what in the hell is it?

Good to know...thats the first 'real person' review I've seen...and I
tend to mistrust pbreview.com...

Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)
Comin soon to a town near you!