02 Feb 2007 15:47:05
Nobby
Proto Rail

When I went to our local sports and tackle shop to get my air tanks filled
he had one of those new Proto rails in.

My first impressions were that it was very Ion looking. It has a nice light
feel and a comfortable snug fit in my hand. The trigger was a bit on the
girly side with its plastic kind of rubber feel and a bit on the stiff side,
but that could be remedied by taking it to pieces and finishing the moving
parts with some brass polish.

Not bad!!

Good side is it's very light, very compact and feels nice for that fast snap
shot, but seriously it does look like an Ion / DM7 chop!!!

--

Nobby

Never let the bastards grind you down....
Think positive and get even!!!

02 Feb 2007 11:32:27
mad8
Re: Proto Rail

i've shot it, and something about it just feels cheap. don't get me
wrong, i'd play with a rail over an ion any day, but something about
the "real" matrixes (dm, proto) just feels more solid.

check out the invert mini. they are AWESOME small cheap markers. ($400
retail) and will rip apart the rail anyday

On Feb 2, 10:47 am, "Nobby" <nobbyonda...@ntlworld.com > wrote:
> When I went to our local sports and tackle shop to get my air tanks filled
> he had one of those new Proto rails in.
>
> My first impressions were that it was very Ion looking. It has a nice light
> feel and a comfortable snug fit in my hand. The trigger was a bit on the
> girly side with its plastic kind of rubber feel and a bit on the stiff side,
> but that could be remedied by taking it to pieces and finishing the moving
> parts with some brass polish.
>
> Not bad!!
>
> Good side is it's very light, very compact and feels nice for that fast snap
> shot, but seriously it does look like an Ion / DM7 chop!!!
>
> --
>
> Nobby
>
> Never let the bastards grind you down....
> Think positive and get even!!!

02 Feb 2007 20:43:50
Nobby
Re: Proto Rail

Ye, I like the look of the Mini, I've heard it mentioned about it feeling a
bit strange to the normal tourney style of set up with the battery being in
the front and air directly through the grip...

Disassembly video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynf1P1XdT8w

--

"mad8" <mad8vskillz@gmail.com > wrote in message
> i've shot it, and something about it just feels cheap. don't get me
> wrong, i'd play with a rail over an ion any day, but something about
> the "real" matrixes (dm, proto) just feels more solid.
>
> check out the invert mini. they are AWESOME small cheap markers. ($400
> retail) and will rip apart the rail anyday
>
> On Feb 2, 10:47 am, "Nobby" <nobbyonda...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > When I went to our local sports and tackle shop to get my air tanks
filled
> > he had one of those new Proto rails in.
> >
> > My first impressions were that it was very Ion looking. It has a nice
light
> > feel and a comfortable snug fit in my hand. The trigger was a bit on
the
> > girly side with its plastic kind of rubber feel and a bit on the stiff
side,
> > but that could be remedied by taking it to pieces and finishing the
moving
> > parts with some brass polish.
> >
> > Not bad!!
> >
> > Good side is it's very light, very compact and feels nice for that fast
snap
> > shot, but seriously it does look like an Ion / DM7 chop!!!
> >
> > --
> >
> > Nobby
> >
> > Never let the bastards grind you down....
> > Think positive and get even!!!

08 Feb 2007 08:47:44
mad8
Re: Proto Rail

On Feb 2, 3:43 pm, "Nobby" <nobbyonda...@ntlworld.com > wrote:
> Ye, I like the look of the Mini, I've heard it mentioned about it feeling a
> bit strange to the normal tourney style of set up with the battery being in
> the front and air directly through the grip...
>
> Disassembly videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynf1P1XdT8w
>
> --
>
> Nobby
>
> Never let the bastards grind you down....
> Think positive and get even!!!
>
> "mad8" <mad8vski...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > i've shot it, and something about it just feels cheap. don't get me
> > wrong, i'd play with a rail over an ion any day, but something about
> > the "real" matrixes (dm, proto) just feels more solid.
>
> > check out the invert mini. they are AWESOME small cheap markers. ($400
> > retail) and will rip apart the rail anyday
>
> > On Feb 2, 10:47 am, "Nobby" <nobbyonda...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > > When I went to our local sports and tackle shop to get my air tanks
> filled
> > > he had one of those new Proto rails in.
>
> > > My first impressions were that it was very Ion looking. It has a nice
> light
> > > feel and a comfortable snug fit in my hand. The trigger was a bit on
> the
> > > girly side with its plastic kind of rubber feel and a bit on the stiff
> side,
> > > but that could be remedied by taking it to pieces and finishing the
> moving
> > > parts with some brass polish.
>
> > > Not bad!!
>
> > > Good side is it's very light, very compact and feels nice for that fast
> snap
> > > shot, but seriously it does look like an Ion / DM7 chop!!!
>
> > > --
>
> > > Nobby
>
> > > Never let the bastards grind you down....
> > > Think positive and get even!!!- Hide quoted text -

it looks weird as hell, but is actually very comfy: no macroline to
get in the way, a BIG trigger frame (i can shoot 3 fingers without
gloves or 2 with gloves), and doesn't have a lot of things to go wrong