24 Aug 2003 00:36:41
John
Paintball layaway

Does anyone here know of a site that lets there customers layaway a marker?
barring that I live in the north Florida area is there a shop in my aera
that has a lawaway plan?

--
"You don't go into battle to die for your country; you go into battle to
make the other b@#tar# die for his country." --General George Patton

http://www.newsfeeds.com- The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

Michael Hughes
Re: Paintball layaway

why do you want to layaway a marker....

"John" <linton@gtcom.net > wrote in message
> Does anyone here know of a site that lets there customers layaway a
marker?
> barring that I live in the north Florida area is there a shop in my aera
> that has a lawaway plan?
>
> --
> "You don't go into battle to die for your country; you go into battle to
> make the other b@#tar# die for his country." --General George Patton
> "Your mind sets the limit not your body" Morpheus
> "Who's the more foolish? The fool? Or the fool that follows him? Obi-Wan
> Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't do this or that.
That's
> nonsense. Make up your mind, you'll never use crutches or a stick, then
have
> a go at everything. Go to school, join in all the games you can. Go
anywhere
> you want to. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too
> difficult or impossible.
> - Sir Douglas Bader, a British fighter pilot who lost both legs in a
flying
> accident, but still fought in World War Two. He was knighted for his work
> with the disabled, and the quote above is from his talk to a 14-year-old
boy
> who had lost a leg in a car accident.

> http://www.newsfeeds.com- The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
why do you want to layaway a marker....

"John" <linton@gtcom.net > wrote in message
> Does anyone here know of a site that lets there customers layaway a
marker?
> barring that I live in the north Florida area is there a shop in my aera
> that has a lawaway plan?
>
> --
> "You don't go into battle to die for your country; you go into battle to
> make the other b@#tar# die for his country." --General George Patton
> "Your mind sets the limit not your body" Morpheus
> "Who's the more foolish? The fool? Or the fool that follows him? Obi-Wan
> Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't do this or that.
That's
> nonsense. Make up your mind, you'll never use crutches or a stick, then
have
> a go at everything. Go to school, join in all the games you can. Go
anywhere
> you want to. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too
> difficult or impossible.
> - Sir Douglas Bader, a British fighter pilot who lost both legs in a
flying
> accident, but still fought in World War Two. He was knighted for his work
> with the disabled, and the quote above is from his talk to a 14-year-old
boy
> who had lost a leg in a car accident.

> http://www.newsfeeds.com- The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

Mofaz
Re: Paintball layaway

perhaps to reserve it if it's a popular model. Layaways are also a good way
to purchase something by making payments up to the full amount, when you
don't have the financial ability to pay the total of something up front. I
did this a few times back in the day when I couldn't afford anything but my
bills, and while I was still living with my folks while working and putting
myself through flight school.

--

Mofaz
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Why, you may take the most gallant sailor, the most intrepid
airman, or the most audacious soldier, put them at a table
together -- what do you get? The sum of their fears."
-Winston Churchill
--
"Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com > wrote in message
> [...]
> > "Your mind sets the limit not your body" Morpheus
> > "Who's the more foolish? The fool? Or the fool that follows him? Obi-Wan
> > Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't do this or that.
> That's
> > nonsense. Make up your mind, you'll never use crutches or a stick, then
> have
> > a go at everything. Go to school, join in all the games you can. Go
> anywhere
> > you want to. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too
> > difficult or impossible.
> > - Sir Douglas Bader, a British fighter pilot who lost both legs in a
> flying
> > accident, but still fought in World War Two. He was knighted for his
work
> > with the disabled, and the quote above is from his talk to a 14-year-old

24 Aug 2003 23:21:28
John
Re: Paintball layaway

"Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com > wrote in message
> why do you want to layaway a marker....

Because I am a poor family man who has a wife an son to support. I want to
move up from the Tippman and M-3 sniper "P.O.S." that I have to a new marker
with HPA and as that there are no stores in my town that supply markers I am
hoping to find some store that will give me along time to pay for a gun
weather I pay for it first and then they order me one or they put it aside.
I just want a new marker.

http://www.newsfeeds.com- The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

Phelps
Re: Paintball layaway

In article <3f498105_7@corp.newsgroups.com >, "John" <linton@gtcom.net>
wrote:

> "Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> wrote in message
> > why do you want to layaway a marker....
>
> Because I am a poor family man who has a wife an son to support. I want to
> move up from the Tippman and M-3 sniper "P.O.S." that I have to a new marker
> with HPA and as that there are no stores in my town that supply markers I am
> hoping to find some store that will give me along time to pay for a gun
> weather I pay for it first and then they order me one or they put it aside.
> I just want a new marker.

Try saving for it. If the problem is that you can't save because you
are spending what you save, that means you either can't afford the
marker or need to learn better spending discipline.

Two things come to mind as being REALLY bad buys on layaway --
computers and paintball markers. Both change so fast that by the time
you pay for the one being set aside, something else is out for the same
price that is better, or the one that you paid for already costs less.

Phelps

--
"The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naive and usually
idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of

25 Aug 2003 04:14:20
Jeff Goslin
Re: Paintball layaway

> Because I am a poor family man who has a wife an son to support. I want to
> move up from the Tippman and M-3 sniper "P.O.S." that I have to a new
marker
> with HPA and as that there are no stores in my town that supply markers I
am
> hoping to find some store that will give me along time to pay for a gun
> weather I pay for it first and then they order me one or they put it
aside.
> I just want a new marker.

Well, here's a novel idea: it's called an "envelope". How it works is
this: when you have some spare money that you otherwise would spend on a
new paintball gun, place it in the envelope. Now, the really cool thing
about the envelope is that when you put money in it, it stays there! The
envelope doesn't like eat it or anything. However, in order to be truly
effective, the envelope must be hidden from prying eyes and women who like
to shop for shoes. However, once a suitable hiding place is found, often
inside a rarely read book, the envelope will keep your money safe and sound
until such time as you might be inclined to, oh, I don't know, buy a
paintball gun maybe? Perhaps one with a nice HPA system?

Seriously, dude, layaway is nothing more than an envelope that a company
keeps if you don't make all your payments. So do it the old fashioned way.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD
http://www.goslin.info

25 Aug 2003 07:01:34
Insane Ranter
Re: Paintball layaway

"Jeff Goslin" <autockr@comcast.net > wrote in message
> "John" <linton@gtcom.net> wrote in message
> > Because I am a poor family man who has a wife an son to support. I want
> > move up from the Tippman and M-3 sniper "P.O.S." that I have to a new
> marker
> > with HPA and as that there are no stores in my town that supply markers
> am
> > hoping to find some store that will give me along time to pay for a gun
> > weather I pay for it first and then they order me one or they put it
> aside.
> > I just want a new marker.
>
> Well, here's a novel idea: it's called an "envelope". How it works is
> this: when you have some spare money that you otherwise would spend on a
> new paintball gun, place it in the envelope. Now, the really cool thing
> about the envelope is that when you put money in it, it stays there! The
> envelope doesn't like eat it or anything. However, in order to be truly
> effective, the envelope must be hidden from prying eyes and women who like
> to shop for shoes. However, once a suitable hiding place is found, often
> inside a rarely read book, the envelope will keep your money safe and
sound
> until such time as you might be inclined to, oh, I don't know, buy a
> paintball gun maybe? Perhaps one with a nice HPA system?
>
> Seriously, dude, layaway is nothing more than an envelope that a company
> keeps if you don't make all your payments. So do it the old fashioned
way.

He could so the "don't send your dollars" savings plan. Where the smallest
bill you can spend is a 5 dollar bill and have to place all the dollars into
a piggy bank. So that 50 cup of coffee you just bought....well that's 4 buck
you can't spend till the end of the month.

25 Aug 2003 09:36:25
Paintballmavin
Re: Paintball layaway

"Insane Ranter" <no@spam.net > wrote in message

> "Jeff Goslin" <autockr@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > "John" <linton@gtcom.net> wrote in message
> > > Because I am a poor family man who has a wife an son to support. I
want
> > > move up from the Tippman and M-3 sniper "P.O.S." that I have to a new
> > marker
> > > with HPA and as that there are no stores in my town that supply
markers
> > am
> > > hoping to find some store that will give me along time to pay for a
gun
> > > weather I pay for it first and then they order me one or they put it
> > aside.
> > > I just want a new marker.
> >
> > Well, here's a novel idea: it's called an "envelope". How it works is
> > this: when you have some spare money that you otherwise would spend on
> > new paintball gun, place it in the envelope. Now, the really cool thing
> > about the envelope is that when you put money in it, it stays there!
The
> > envelope doesn't like eat it or anything. However, in order to be truly
> > effective, the envelope must be hidden from prying eyes and women who
like
> > to shop for shoes. However, once a suitable hiding place is found,
often
> > inside a rarely read book, the envelope will keep your money safe and
> sound
> > until such time as you might be inclined to, oh, I don't know, buy a
> > paintball gun maybe? Perhaps one with a nice HPA system?
> >
> > Seriously, dude, layaway is nothing more than an envelope that a company
> > keeps if you don't make all your payments. So do it the old fashioned
> way.
>
> He could so the "don't send your dollars" savings plan. Where the smallest
> bill you can spend is a 5 dollar bill and have to place all the dollars
into
> a piggy bank. So that 50 cup of coffee you just bought....well that's 4
buck
> you can't spend till the end of the month.

Way back, when my kids were little & we didn't have much to go on, I used
a similar system to get into R/C airplanes(which by the way are hanging in
the garage gathering dust), but I didn't carry it to the dollar bill
level....I would just dump my change into a jar every evening, & since I
tend to pay with paper instead of digging for change, I was really
surprised at how fast it added up.

25 Aug 2003 13:11:44
Michael Hughes
Re: Paintball layaway

heh, yeah theres also the dont spend change thing.

26 Aug 2003 10:23:01
Mofaz
Re: Paintball layaway

What a nice guy!

--

"James @ Extreme Outdoor Sports" <james@extremeoutdoorsports.com > wrote in
message news:4e7d87de.0308260542.6011a38c@posting.google.com...
> "John" <linton@gtcom.net> wrote in message
news:<3f48411f_7@corp.newsgroups.com >...
> > Does anyone here know of a site that lets there customers layaway a
marker?
> > barring that I live in the north Florida area is there a shop in my aera
> > that has a lawaway plan?
> >
> > --
> > "You don't go into battle to die for your country; you go into battle to
> > make the other b@#tar# die for his country." --General George Patton
> > "Your mind sets the limit not your body" Morpheus
> > "Who's the more foolish? The fool? Or the fool that follows him? Obi-Wan
> > Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't do this or that.
That's
> > nonsense. Make up your mind, you'll never use crutches or a stick, then
have
> > a go at everything. Go to school, join in all the games you can. Go
anywhere
> > you want to. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too
> > difficult or impossible.
> > - Sir Douglas Bader, a British fighter pilot who lost both legs in a
flying
> > accident, but still fought in World War Two. He was knighted for his
work
> > with the disabled, and the quote above is from his talk to a 14-year-old
boy
> > who had lost a leg in a car accident.

> > http://www.newsfeeds.com- The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> > -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----
>
> John;
> I am not located anywhere near you, but I do offer layaway in my
> store in Texas. I would be willing to talk to you about making
> arrangements for you a new marker if you would like to contact me
> about it.
>
> have a good day ;-))

26 Aug 2003 16:23:54
Nick W.
Re: Paintball layaway

Yea, I was able to con my parents into getting the r/c plane for me....
They refuse to fund my paintball habit though....

-Nick