26 Feb 2007 10:49:54
Mofaz
Need a monitor? Need a router?

Since no one seems to give a damn about posting anything paintball
related here, I'll plug my eBay auctions...

http://cgi.ebay.com/LG-Flatron-L1920P-19-inch-LCD-Monitor_W0QQitemZ130084014590QQihZ003QQcategoryZ41808QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/NetGear-RP614-Router_W0QQitemZ130084045536QQihZ003QQcategoryZ23778QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

26 Feb 2007 14:38:08
Hardtime
Re: Need a monitor? Need a router?

Now you are going the SPAM direction? There is a difference between
talking to advertising stuff. :-)

On 26 Feb 2007 10:49:54 -0800, "Mofaz" <skyryder@cox.net > wrote:

>Since no one seems to give a damn about posting anything paintball
>related here, I'll plug my eBay auctions...
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/LG-Flatron-L1920P-19-inch-LCD-Monitor_W0QQitemZ130084014590QQihZ003QQcategoryZ41808QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

another $50 and you can get a brand new one with better contrast and
brightness (not to mention a more established and better name brand).
If it is all people can afford that is ok but I would shop around and
I am broke ;-)

>http://cgi.ebay.com/NetGear-RP614-Router_W0QQitemZ130084045536QQihZ003QQcategoryZ23778QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It has the old chipset and has no wireless capabilities. It is a
glorified hub. I can get them for less than $10 on a regular basis
and for another $15-$25 brand new Linksys with wireless without using
my contacts or distributors. Again if it is all people can afford
that is ok but I would shop around and I am broke ;-)

All may want to go check out these shows
http://www.marketproshows.com/computershows/index.htm
when they are in your area. I always go the later part of the first
day or anytime the second day and that gives the exhibitors time to
start competing against each other.

I am sorry man but I take stuff to the dump every six months and just
heave it as it is not worth the hassle to me. But if you can find the
time and the desire go for it. It is just a personal opinion on my
part but I know a few guys that do it.

(`._Hardtime_.)

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

26 Feb 2007 14:52:22
Hardtime
Re: Need a monitor? Need a router?

Just as a question, have you thought about donating the stuff to your
church or the local library? It then becomes a tax deduction? I feel
this might be a little bit less of a hassle as far as the handling of
same and still give you some money back at the end of the year.

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:38:08 -0500, Hardtime <hardtime11@hotmail.com >
wrote:

>Now you are going the SPAM direction? There is a difference between
>talking to advertising stuff. :-)
>
>On 26 Feb 2007 10:49:54 -0800, "Mofaz" <skyryder@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>Since no one seems to give a damn about posting anything paintball
>>related here, I'll plug my eBay auctions...
>>
>>http://cgi.ebay.com/LG-Flatron-L1920P-19-inch-LCD-Monitor_W0QQitemZ130084014590QQihZ003QQcategoryZ41808QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>>

>another $50 and you can get a brand new one with better contrast and
>brightness (not to mention a more established and better name brand).
>If it is all people can afford that is ok but I would shop around and
>I am broke ;-)
>
>>http://cgi.ebay.com/NetGear-RP614-Router_W0QQitemZ130084045536QQihZ003QQcategoryZ23778QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>
>It has the old chipset and has no wireless capabilities. It is a
>glorified hub. I can get them for less than $10 on a regular basis
>and for another $15-$25 brand new Linksys with wireless without using
>my contacts or distributors. Again if it is all people can afford
>that is ok but I would shop around and I am broke ;-)
>

>All may want to go check out these shows
>http://www.marketproshows.com/computershows/index.htm
> when they are in your area. I always go the later part of the first
>day or anytime the second day and that gives the exhibitors time to
>start competing against each other.
>
>I am sorry man but I take stuff to the dump every six months and just
>heave it as it is not worth the hassle to me. But if you can find the
>time and the desire go for it. It is just a personal opinion on my
>part but I know a few guys that do it.
>

> (`._Hardtime_.)
>
>http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

(`._Hardtime_.)

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

26 Feb 2007 21:54:25
Mofaz
Re: Need a monitor? Need a router?

I do that for things which I cannot sell after I have attempted to
sell them. Except, I donate to Goodwill.

The monitor is perfect for people who don't need a high-end display.
I'll be happy if I get the minimum out of it. I bought the monitor,
in case you didn't bother reading my comment on the auction page, for
well over $600 when flat screen displays were new and selling for
around that much here in America.

On Feb 26, 1:52 pm, Hardtime <hardtim...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> Just as a question, have you thought about donating the stuff to your
> church or the local library? It then becomes a tax deduction? I feel
> this might be a little bit less of a hassle as far as the handling of
> same and still give you some money back at the end of the year.
>
> On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:38:08 -0500, Hardtime <hardtim...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >Now you are going the SPAM direction? There is a difference between
> >talking to advertising stuff. :-)
>
> >On 26 Feb 2007 10:49:54 -0800, "Mofaz" <skyry...@cox.net> wrote:
>
> >>Since no one seems to give a damn about posting anything paintball
> >>related here, I'll plug my eBay auctions...
>
> >>http://cgi.ebay.com/LG-Flatron-L1920P-19-inch-LCD-Monitor_W0QQitemZ13...
>
> >another $50 and you can get a brand new one with better contrast and
> >brightness (not to mention a more established and better name brand).
> >If it is all people can afford that is ok but I would shop around and
> >I am broke ;-)
>
> >>http://cgi.ebay.com/NetGear-RP614-Router_W0QQitemZ130084045536QQihZ00...
>
> >It has the old chipset and has no wireless capabilities. It is a
> >glorified hub. I can get them for less than $10 on a regular basis
> >and for another $15-$25 brand new Linksys with wireless without using
> >my contacts or distributors. Again if it is all people can afford
> >that is ok but I would shop around and I am broke ;-)
>
> >All may want to go check out these shows
> >http://www.marketproshows.com/computershows/index.htm
> > when they are in your area. I always go the later part of the first
> >day or anytime the second day and that gives the exhibitors time to
> >start competing against each other.
>
> >I am sorry man but I take stuff to the dump every six months and just
> >heave it as it is not worth the hassle to me. But if you can find the
> >time and the desire go for it. It is just a personal opinion on my
> >part but I know a few guys that do it.
>
> > (=AF`=B7._Hardtime_.=B7=B4=AF)
>
> >http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88
>
> (=AF`=B7._Hardtime_.=B7=B4=AF)
>
> http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88-Hide quoted text -

Mofaz
Re: Need a monitor? Need a router?

Also, the router is a version 3, which is the latest version for
model.

On Feb 26, 1:52 pm, Hardtime <hardtim...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> Just as a question, have you thought about donating the stuff to your
> church or the local library? It then becomes a tax deduction? I feel
> this might be a little bit less of a hassle as far as the handling of
> same and still give you some money back at the end of the year.
>
> On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:38:08 -0500, Hardtime <hardtim...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >Now you are going the SPAM direction? There is a difference between
> >talking to advertising stuff. :-)
>
> >On 26 Feb 2007 10:49:54 -0800, "Mofaz" <skyry...@cox.net> wrote:
>
> >>Since no one seems to give a damn about posting anything paintball
> >>related here, I'll plug my eBay auctions...
>
> >>http://cgi.ebay.com/LG-Flatron-L1920P-19-inch-LCD-Monitor_W0QQitemZ13...
>
> >another $50 and you can get a brand new one with better contrast and
> >brightness (not to mention a more established and better name brand).
> >If it is all people can afford that is ok but I would shop around and
> >I am broke ;-)
>
> >>http://cgi.ebay.com/NetGear-RP614-Router_W0QQitemZ130084045536QQihZ00...
>
> >It has the old chipset and has no wireless capabilities. It is a
> >glorified hub. I can get them for less than $10 on a regular basis
> >and for another $15-$25 brand new Linksys with wireless without using
> >my contacts or distributors. Again if it is all people can afford
> >that is ok but I would shop around and I am broke ;-)
>
> >All may want to go check out these shows
> >http://www.marketproshows.com/computershows/index.htm
> > when they are in your area. I always go the later part of the first
> >day or anytime the second day and that gives the exhibitors time to
> >start competing against each other.
>
> >I am sorry man but I take stuff to the dump every six months and just
> >heave it as it is not worth the hassle to me. But if you can find the
> >time and the desire go for it. It is just a personal opinion on my
> >part but I know a few guys that do it.
>
> > (=AF`=B7._Hardtime_.=B7=B4=AF)
>
> >http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88
>
> (=AF`=B7._Hardtime_.=B7=B4=AF)
>
> http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88-Hide quoted text -

Tom Greening

Mofaz wrote:
> I do that for things which I cannot sell after I have attempted to
> sell them. Except, I donate to Goodwill.

You know it always kinds of pisses me off when someone that has NO
obvious interest in what you are selling has to butt their nose in with
their unsolicited, and unwarranted, opinion.

If you think the price is too high, make an offer or shut up and move
along. No one needs your views on economics. Sheesh...

You know it was "you" in the general sense and not directed at "you" in
the personal sense. Good luck with your stuff.

27 Feb 2007 13:55:30
Hardtime
Re: Need a monitor? Need a router?

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:28:25 -0500, Tom Greening
<tgreening@yomama.com > wrote:

>Mofaz wrote:
>> I do that for things which I cannot sell after I have attempted to
>> sell them. Except, I donate to Goodwill.
>>

>You know it always kinds of pisses me off when someone that has NO
>obvious interest in what you are selling has to butt their nose in with
>their unsolicited, and unwarranted, opinion.
>
>If you think the price is too high, make an offer or shut up and move
>along. No one needs your views on economics. Sheesh...
>

>You know it was "you" in the general sense and not directed at "you" in
>the personal sense. Good luck with your stuff.

Bad Day Tom? I was just being practical and letting people know
options. Like he says it is a good monitor for a PC and those that
are on a budget. Mofaz is not dumb he new what I meant and by his
display of the Goodwill thing he already knows the way to still make
the money in the end run. There is actually a group that I going to
contribute my next group of computer stuff to. They are located over
in Auburndale/Winter Haven and donate used computers to kids that need
them for remote school studies and such.

My comments are with the thought along the lines that nowadays you are
basically paying for the software when you buy a computer and the
computer is thrown in for free.

A group that I am with just bought 6 computers (w/Intel core duo) for
the JROTC class and it is going to be about $475 for each with a 19
inch flat screen (800:1 contrast and 5ms response time) and windows
Vista. Check how much a OEM copy of Vista, Nero burning
software..etc.. is going for and you will see what I mean.

(`._Hardtime_.)

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

27 Feb 2007 13:56:54

On 26 Feb 2007 21:56:45 -0800, "Mofaz" <skyryder@cox.net > wrote:

>Also, the router is a version 3, which is the latest version for
>model.

Cool, then I was in error, it does have the newer chip set and
flashable. That is good.

>On Feb 26, 1:52 pm, Hardtime <hardtim...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Just as a question, have you thought about donating the stuff to your
>> church or the local library? It then becomes a tax deduction? I feel
>> this might be a little bit less of a hassle as far as the handling of
>> same and still give you some money back at the end of the year.
>>
>> On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:38:08 -0500, Hardtime <hardtim...@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> >Now you are going the SPAM direction? There is a difference between
>> >talking to advertising stuff. :-)

>> >another $50 and you can get a brand new one with better contrast and
>> >brightness (not to mention a more established and better name brand).
>> >If it is all people can afford that is ok but I would shop around and
>> >I am broke ;-)

>> >It has the old chipset and has no wireless capabilities. It is a
>> >glorified hub. I can get them for less than $10 on a regular basis
>> >and for another $15-$25 brand new Linksys with wireless without using
>> >my contacts or distributors. Again if it is all people can afford
>> >that is ok but I would shop around and I am broke ;-)
>>
>> >All may want to go check out these shows
>> >http://www.marketproshows.com/computershows/index.htm
>> > when they are in your area. I always go the later part of the first
>> >day or anytime the second day and that gives the exhibitors time to
>> >start competing against each other.
>>
>> >I am sorry man but I take stuff to the dump every six months and just
>> >heave it as it is not worth the hassle to me. But if you can find the
>> >time and the desire go for it. It is just a personal opinion on my
>> >part but I know a few guys that do it.
>>
>> > (`._Hardtime_.)
>>
>> >http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88
>>
>> (`._Hardtime_.)
>>
>> http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88-Hide quoted text -

(`._Hardtime_.)

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

28 Feb 2007 03:09:54
Jeff Goslin
Re: Need a monitor? Need a router?

Tree fitty...

nobody did that yet? Sheesh, you guys are slipping...

"Tom Greening" <tgreening@yomama.com > wrote in message
> Mofaz wrote:
>> I do that for things which I cannot sell after I have attempted to
>> sell them. Except, I donate to Goodwill.
>>

> You know it always kinds of pisses me off when someone that has NO obvious
> interest in what you are selling has to butt their nose in with their
> unsolicited, and unwarranted, opinion.
>
> If you think the price is too high, make an offer or shut up and move
> along. No one needs your views on economics. Sheesh...
>

> You know it was "you" in the general sense and not directed at "you" in
> the personal sense. Good luck with your stuff.

28 Feb 2007 08:15:14
Hardtime
Re: Need a monitor? Need a router?

I was waiting for you. I wanted to see if the Supreme Commander gave
you a five minute break or not. Now get back in there soldier but
keep the radio/com link open. ;-)

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 03:09:54 -0500, "Jeff Goslin"
<autockr@comcast.net > wrote:

>Tree fitty...
>
>nobody did that yet? Sheesh, you guys are slipping...
>
>"Tom Greening" <tgreening@yomama.com> wrote in message
>> Mofaz wrote:
>>> I do that for things which I cannot sell after I have attempted to
>>> sell them. Except, I donate to Goodwill.
>>>

>> You know it always kinds of pisses me off when someone that has NO obvious
>> interest in what you are selling has to butt their nose in with their
>> unsolicited, and unwarranted, opinion.
>>
>> If you think the price is too high, make an offer or shut up and move
>> along. No one needs your views on economics. Sheesh...
>>

>> You know it was "you" in the general sense and not directed at "you" in
>> the personal sense. Good luck with your stuff.

(`._Hardtime_.)

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

28 Feb 2007 06:23:21
Tony Sr.
Re: Need a monitor? Need a router?

lol damm Jeff, that is how bad our ng is getting ! take care web pal ;-)
"Jeff Goslin" <autockr@comcast.net > wrote in message
> Tree fitty...
>
> nobody did that yet? Sheesh, you guys are slipping...
>
> "Tom Greening" <tgreening@yomama.com> wrote in message
> > Mofaz wrote:
> >> I do that for things which I cannot sell after I have attempted to
> >> sell them. Except, I donate to Goodwill.
> >>

> > You know it always kinds of pisses me off when someone that has NO
obvious
> > interest in what you are selling has to butt their nose in with their
> > unsolicited, and unwarranted, opinion.
> >
> > If you think the price is too high, make an offer or shut up and move
> > along. No one needs your views on economics. Sheesh...
> >

> > You know it was "you" in the general sense and not directed at "you" in
> > the personal sense. Good luck with your stuff.

28 Feb 2007 17:00:37
Jeff Goslin
Re: Need a monitor? Need a router?

You have no idea how much this game kicks ass. For those who play RTS's
(real time strategy games), moving around the map is always a pain in the
ass. Not any more. Mouse wheel zoom out to the whole map, reposition
pointer, mousewheel zoom in to the unit level of detail.

Of course, it takes a PC with some real guts to pull that off with any
decent frame rate. ;)

"Hardtime" <hardtime11@hotmail.com > wrote in message
>I was waiting for you. I wanted to see if the Supreme Commander gave
> you a five minute break or not. Now get back in there soldier but
> keep the radio/com link open. ;-)
>
> On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 03:09:54 -0500, "Jeff Goslin"
> <autockr@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>Tree fitty...
>>
>>nobody did that yet? Sheesh, you guys are slipping...
>>
>>"Tom Greening" <tgreening@yomama.com> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> You know it always kinds of pisses me off when someone that has NO
>>> obvious
>>> interest in what you are selling has to butt their nose in with their
>>> unsolicited, and unwarranted, opinion.
>>>
>>> If you think the price is too high, make an offer or shut up and move
>>> along. No one needs your views on economics. Sheesh...
>>>

>>> You know it was "you" in the general sense and not directed at "you" in
>>> the personal sense. Good luck with your stuff.
>>

> (`._Hardtime_.)
>
> http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

28 Feb 2007 22:05:41
Nobby
Re: Need a monitor? Need a router?

What graphics card you running?

--

Nobby

Never let the bastards grind you down....
Think positive and get even!!!

http://nobbyondanet-pics.magix.net/

> You have no idea how much this game kicks ass. For those who play RTS's
> (real time strategy games), moving around the map is always a pain in the
> ass. Not any more. Mouse wheel zoom out to the whole map, reposition
> pointer, mousewheel zoom in to the unit level of detail.
>
> Of course, it takes a PC with some real guts to pull that off with any
> decent frame rate. ;)
>
> "Hardtime" <hardtime11@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I was waiting for you. I wanted to see if the Supreme Commander gave
> > you a five minute break or not. Now get back in there soldier but
> > keep the radio/com link open. ;-)
> >
> > On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 03:09:54 -0500, "Jeff Goslin"
> > <autockr@comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> >>Tree fitty...
> >>
> >>nobody did that yet? Sheesh, you guys are slipping...
> >>
> >>"Tom Greening" <tgreening@yomama.com> wrote in message

> > (`._Hardtime_.)
> >
> > http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

28 Feb 2007 22:23:12
Dave Lyon
Re: Need a monitor? Need a router?

"Jeff Goslin" <autockr@comcast.net > wrote in message
> You have no idea how much this game kicks ass. For those who play RTS's
> (real time strategy games), moving around the map is always a pain in the
> ass. Not any more. Mouse wheel zoom out to the whole map, reposition
> pointer, mousewheel zoom in to the unit level of detail.

That's the same way Solid Works zooms and pans. It's a huge step up in the
design world too.

28 Feb 2007 22:02:54
Hardtime
Re: Need a monitor? Need a router?

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 17:00:37 -0500, "Jeff Goslin"
<autockr@comcast.net > wrote:

>You have no idea how much this game kicks ass. For those who play RTS's
>(real time strategy games), moving around the map is always a pain in the
>ass. Not any more. Mouse wheel zoom out to the whole map, reposition
>pointer, mousewheel zoom in to the unit level of detail.

LOL, I have been using zoom/magnifying abilities since Quake II and
Diablo II. I have totally dropped playing games as it gets old pretty
fast for me. My boys play a lot of games including the old America's
Army and such. I have them playing with MS Mouse that have the zoom
built into the mouse and by pushing a small side button with the
inside of the thumb and they to love playing with zoom abilities as
they use the maps and such. I got my parents a MS zooming mouse and
they love it and I do not have to have an extra piece of software
running for them which reduces the thought processes for them or just
makes it simpler for them.

I used to play games then some people started trying to play dirty
with attacks and nukes and I found myself wanting to start the
retaliating with the forced dead reboot theory (Theory? ;-)) and I
just quit. Now I just do not have time and I know it can eat time up.

>Of course, it takes a PC with some real guts to pull that off with any
>decent frame rate. ;)
>
>"Hardtime" <hardtime11@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I was waiting for you. I wanted to see if the Supreme Commander gave
>> you a five minute break or not. Now get back in there soldier but
>> keep the radio/com link open. ;-)
>>
>> On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 03:09:54 -0500, "Jeff Goslin"
>> <autockr@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Tree fitty...
>>>
>>>nobody did that yet? Sheesh, you guys are slipping...
>>>
>>>"Tom Greening" <tgreening@yomama.com> wrote in message

>> (`._Hardtime_.)
>>
>> http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

(`._Hardtime_.)

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

28 Feb 2007 22:05:02

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 22:23:12 GMT, "Dave Lyon" <lct.products@mchsi.com >
wrote:

>"Jeff Goslin" <autockr@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> You have no idea how much this game kicks ass. For those who play RTS's
>> (real time strategy games), moving around the map is always a pain in the
>> ass. Not any more. Mouse wheel zoom out to the whole map, reposition
>> pointer, mousewheel zoom in to the unit level of detail.
>>

>That's the same way Solid Works zooms and pans. It's a huge step up in the
>design world too.

I use it when I am working with 3D graphics. Works great if you
create your own backgrounds and such where you can vector in and
manipulate the pictures. When you zoom you can really put some detail