29 Oct 2003 01:25:46
Laura Jackson
Marker for 11 year old

Hi everyone, my husband and I have been researching for months and still
can't decide what marker to get for our son. His cousins are really into
paintball and both have the Tippmann Custom 98 which is really a heavy
marker. We've got friends that have others like Spyders and PMI's and one
friend that has a Mokal Focus. From the reviews, all three of the others
seem to be more lightweight. The cousins are 14 and 15 and have been trying
to get us going sooner but we decided to wait until Christmas. The ones
that we've been leaning towards are the Piranha Pro and the Spyder Xtra as
well as the Mokal Focus that our friend tells us about. All the reviews
have helped tremendously but thought that any of you out there that have
used these can give us some insight. What we're worried about is the field
cleaning and ease of taking apart. We don't want to have something really
cheep that he'll break or grow out of by next year either. Money isn't
really an issue but we don't want to go overboard either. Any input would
help!

28 Oct 2003 22:46:45
jose
Re: Marker for 11 year old

A Spyder or Piranha is probably the best choice of what you like. There are
ample parts for either that your son can use to personalize his marker and
both are well known by most every airsmith. I think the main thing when
buying a marker is to buy something reliable, then get a decent mid-bore
barrel and make sure he reads the manual thoroughly so that cleaning and
maintenance is easier for him. Be careful about spending a lot money on
"upgrades" as most are purely cosmetic/preference or gimmicks to get your
money. The Spyder Xtra has everything done to it except for having a
regulator. The factory barrel can work well with larger paint, so wait and
see how it works with the paint your local fields and stores get. If your
son can get fills, get him an HPA tank. If you buy him a good HPA tank he
won't need any regulators as pre-set models like the Crossfire are very
consistent and flow well with the added benefit of being perfect for use
with any high end tourney level marker. My overall recommandation (since
you ask specifically about three) would be the Spyder Xtra, a Crossfire HPA
tank (68 c.i. is good) and maybe a Dye Excel barrel or a J&J ceramic. That
is a good setup that won't need anything at all to be competitive when
playing at rec. fields. If he really likes paintball and wants to play
tournaments, he should play for a while with what he has and really learn
about the game before he spends a lot of cash and buys something high end.
--

Jose I. Sanchez
Airsmith

"Laura Jackson" <jacarual@ameritech.net > wrote in message
> Hi everyone, my husband and I have been researching for months and still
> can't decide what marker to get for our son. His cousins are really into
> paintball and both have the Tippmann Custom 98 which is really a heavy
> marker. We've got friends that have others like Spyders and PMI's and one
> friend that has a Mokal Focus. From the reviews, all three of the others
> seem to be more lightweight. The cousins are 14 and 15 and have been
trying
> to get us going sooner but we decided to wait until Christmas. The ones
> that we've been leaning towards are the Piranha Pro and the Spyder Xtra as
> well as the Mokal Focus that our friend tells us about. All the reviews
> have helped tremendously but thought that any of you out there that have
> used these can give us some insight. What we're worried about is the
field
> cleaning and ease of taking apart. We don't want to have something really
> cheep that he'll break or grow out of by next year either. Money isn't
> really an issue but we don't want to go overboard either. Any input would
> help!

29 Oct 2003 13:36:27
LCT Paintball
Re: Marker for 11 year old

The Piranha Pro already had a regulator. That's the one I would pick. It
also uses more standard parts than the spyder. I've never heard of a Mokal
Focus.

--
"Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
www.LCTPaintball.com

"jose" <asdfasdf@asdfasdf.com > wrote in message
> [...]
others
> > seem to be more lightweight. The cousins are 14 and 15 and have been
> trying
> > to get us going sooner but we decided to wait until Christmas. The ones
> > that we've been leaning towards are the Piranha Pro and the Spyder Xtra
as
> > well as the Mokal Focus that our friend tells us about. All the reviews
> > have helped tremendously but thought that any of you out there that have
> > used these can give us some insight. What we're worried about is the
> field
> > cleaning and ease of taking apart. We don't want to have something
really
> > cheep that he'll break or grow out of by next year either. Money isn't
> > really an issue but we don't want to go overboard either. Any input

29 Oct 2003 09:37:05
Michael Hughes
Re: Marker for 11 year old

Honestly, if they have 98's then there is really no point in buying them
another entry level marker. They may be heavy, but there isnt a better
beginner marker out there than the 98. That said, do they have any upgrades
for thier markers? if no, you could get them barrels, or you could just go
out and upgrade them to a mid level marker (autococker, automag, impulse..)
It will cost you a little more than the 150 your talking about for the
spyder clones, but in the long run, it will pay off.

That said, between your choices, i would go with the pirannah. Theyre cheap,
fairly reliable and fairly light. But, they'll prolly see something shiny,
and if theyre really serious about playing, Go for the impulse or cocker,
and just leave thier entry level markers behind. Most here will agree that
buying another entry level marker is a waste of time.

"Laura Jackson" <jacarual@ameritech.net > wrote in message
> Hi everyone, my husband and I have been researching for months and still
> can't decide what marker to get for our son. His cousins are really into
> paintball and both have the Tippmann Custom 98 which is really a heavy
> marker. We've got friends that have others like Spyders and PMI's and one
> friend that has a Mokal Focus. From the reviews, all three of the others
> seem to be more lightweight. The cousins are 14 and 15 and have been
trying
> to get us going sooner but we decided to wait until Christmas. The ones
> that we've been leaning towards are the Piranha Pro and the Spyder Xtra as
> well as the Mokal Focus that our friend tells us about. All the reviews
> have helped tremendously but thought that any of you out there that have
> used these can give us some insight. What we're worried about is the
field
> cleaning and ease of taking apart. We don't want to have something really
> cheep that he'll break or grow out of by next year either. Money isn't
> really an issue but we don't want to go overboard either. Any input would
> help!

29 Oct 2003 09:38:26
Michael Hughes
Re: Marker for 11 year old

from what I understood jose, they already have 98s, so, i figure the next
step up, (a $300 autococker/automag or $400 impulse) wouldnt be a bad thing

> [...]
others
> > seem to be more lightweight. The cousins are 14 and 15 and have been
> trying
> > to get us going sooner but we decided to wait until Christmas. The ones
> > that we've been leaning towards are the Piranha Pro and the Spyder Xtra
as
> > well as the Mokal Focus that our friend tells us about. All the reviews
> > have helped tremendously but thought that any of you out there that have
> > used these can give us some insight. What we're worried about is the
> field
> > cleaning and ease of taking apart. We don't want to have something
really
> > cheep that he'll break or grow out of by next year either. Money isn't
> > really an issue but we don't want to go overboard either. Any input

29 Oct 2003 09:38:50
Michael Hughes
Re: Marker for 11 year old

the Mokal is a cheap import from china or japan or whathaveyou.

"LCT Paintball" <nospampleasemnotlyon@mchsi.com > wrote in message
> [...]
> > trying
> > > to get us going sooner but we decided to wait until Christmas. The
ones
> > > that we've been leaning towards are the Piranha Pro and the Spyder
Xtra
> as
> > > well as the Mokal Focus that our friend tells us about. All the
reviews
> > > have helped tremendously but thought that any of you out there that
have
> > > used these can give us some insight. What we're worried about is the
> > field
> > > cleaning and ease of taking apart. We don't want to have something
> really
> > > cheep that he'll break or grow out of by next year either. Money
isn't
> > > really an issue but we don't want to go overboard either. Any input

29 Oct 2003 10:36:08
Space Cadet
Re: Marker for 11 year old

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 01:25:46 GMT, "Laura Jackson"
<jacarual@ameritech.net > wrote:

>Hi everyone, my husband and I have been researching for months and still
>can't decide what marker to get for our son. His cousins are really into
>paintball and both have the Tippmann Custom 98 which is really a heavy
>marker. We've got friends that have others like Spyders and PMI's and one
>friend that has a Mokal Focus. From the reviews, all three of the others
>seem to be more lightweight. The cousins are 14 and 15 and have been trying
>to get us going sooner but we decided to wait until Christmas. The ones
>that we've been leaning towards are the Piranha Pro and the Spyder Xtra as
>well as the Mokal Focus that our friend tells us about. All the reviews
>have helped tremendously but thought that any of you out there that have
>used these can give us some insight. What we're worried about is the field
>cleaning and ease of taking apart. We don't want to have something really
>cheep that he'll break or grow out of by next year either. Money isn't
>really an issue but we don't want to go overboard either. Any input would
>help!

My two sons (12 and 11) both have Spyders, and they have worked very
well for us. One is a Spyder Agressor XT, and the other a Victor II. I
bought both guns as a package from a local store (marker, hopper,
mask, squegee, 12oz CO2 tank) for about $150. That included an
upgraded thermal mask, which I would recommend. (Thermal masks have a
double lens, which all but eliminates fogging, which in inturn makes
it easier to see, and less likely thet a child would remove the mask
during play to clean it, which is of course a VERY BAD THING!)

Both of these guns are very light weight, and my eleven year old has
no problem using it during a full day of play.

As far as reliability and cleaning, they have been 100% reliable so
far, and have a fairly simple cleaning process. Remove one pin from
the back, and you can take out all the moving parts for easy cleaning
and reassembly. Although I haven't had my 11 year old doing that yet,
my 12 year old mastered this process the first day. Due to typical
wear on the upper bolt, you will need to replace an O-ring once every
5000 shots or so...but other than keeping it cleaned and oiled..that's
about it!

I like your statement about "money isn't really an issue, but we don't
want to go overboard either". We all have seen too many spoiled brats
with $1200+ markers running around the fields, and it is not something
that should be encouraged! I am pretty much in the same position, and
I chose to start my kids with something a little more "reasonable".
As anybody in the newsgroup can tell you, paintball is probably 90%
the player, and 10% the marker! I and my sons have eliminated quite a
few of the "elite" players and their expensive markers!

Make sure they follow all the safety rules, and I'm sure they will
have a great time with whichever marker you go with!

SC

29 Oct 2003 17:36:35
The Gunslinger
Re: Marker for 11 year old

>I like your statement about "money isn't really an issue, but we don't
>want to go overboard either". We all have seen too many spoiled brats
>with $1200+ markers running around the fields, and it is not something
>that should be encouraged!

Why? It's a fact of life. It happens everywhere in every
sport/activity. Christ..if the person has the money to spend and
doesn't care....to each his own.

29 Oct 2003 18:13:13
Bob
Re: Marker for 11 year old

"Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com > wrote in message
> the Mokal is a cheap import from china or japan or whathaveyou.

Where do you think practically every item in paintball is made there mikey?

> [...]
very
> > > consistent and flow well with the added benefit of being perfect for
use
> > > with any high end tourney level marker. My overall recommandation
> (since
> > > you ask specifically about three) would be the Spyder Xtra, a
Crossfire
> > HPA
> > > tank (68 c.i. is good) and maybe a Dye Excel barrel or a J&J ceramic.
> > That
> > > is a good setup that won't need anything at all to be competitive when
> > > playing at rec. fields. If he really likes paintball and wants to
play
> > > tournaments, he should play for a while with what he has and really
> learn
> > > about the game before he spends a lot of cash and buys something high

29 Oct 2003 10:15:43
Jose
Re: Marker for 11 year old

What is your problem GS? He specifically said "spoiled brats". I
completely agree that spoiled brats with expensive gear are a pain in the
butt. They are rude and arrogant simply because their parents spent a
truckload of money on equipment. If a child is decent and respectful it
doesn't matter if their gear is cheap or expensive, but giving a spoiled
child license to act like a little jerk is something I am completely
against. That attitude of "it happens, deal with it" is the whole problem.
You don't care so you let it happen. Some of us do care and encourage
others not to let it happen.

Jose

"The Gunslinger" <dddd@dddd.com > wrote in message
> >I like your statement about "money isn't really an issue, but we don't
> >want to go overboard either". We all have seen too many spoiled brats
> >with $1200+ markers running around the fields, and it is not something
> >that should be encouraged!
>
> Why? It's a fact of life. It happens everywhere in every
> sport/activity. Christ..if the person has the money to spend and
> doesn't care....to each his own.

29 Oct 2003 10:17:29
Jose
Re: Marker for 11 year old

Good point LCT. The built in regulator is a nice plus and PE regs. seem
decent enough. You see mostly Spyders around here so my tendency is to lean
towards a product I have first hand experience with.

Jose

> [...]
> > trying
> > > to get us going sooner but we decided to wait until Christmas. The
ones
> > > that we've been leaning towards are the Piranha Pro and the Spyder
Xtra
> as
> > > well as the Mokal Focus that our friend tells us about. All the
reviews
> > > have helped tremendously but thought that any of you out there that
have
> > > used these can give us some insight. What we're worried about is the
> > field
> > > cleaning and ease of taking apart. We don't want to have something
> really
> > > cheep that he'll break or grow out of by next year either. Money
isn't
> > > really an issue but we don't want to go overboard either. Any input

29 Oct 2003 13:19:26
Michael Hughes
Re: Marker for 11 year old

ok....Bob... i dont know who you are or anything, but where do you get off
calling me mikey?

"Bob" <bwing@cfl.rr.com > wrote in message

> "Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> wrote in message
> > the Mokal is a cheap import from china or japan or whathaveyou.
>

> Where do you think practically every item in paintball is made there
mikey?

> > "LCT Paintball" <nospampleasemnotlyon@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> > > The Piranha Pro already had a regulator. That's the one I would pick.
It
> > > also uses more standard parts than the spyder. I've never heard of a
> Mokal
> > > Focus.
> > >
> > > --
> > > "Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
> > > www.LCTPaintball.com
> > >

> > > "jose" <asdfasdf@asdfasdf.com> wrote in message
> There
> > > are
> > and
> when
> mid-bore
> and
> on
> > your
> wait
> > > and
If
> > your
> tank
> > he
> very
> use
> > (since
> Crossfire
> > > HPA
> > > That
> play
> > learn
> > end.

> > still
> > > into
> heavy
> and
> > > one
> > > others
> been
The
> > ones
> > Xtra
> > > as
> > reviews
> > have
> the
> > > really
> > isn't
> > > would

29 Oct 2003 13:22:21
Michael Hughes
Re: Marker for 11 year old

> I like your statement about "money isn't really an issue, but we don't
> want to go overboard either". We all have seen too many spoiled brats
> with $1200+ markers running around the fields, and it is not something
> that should be encouraged!

Then again, look at the other end....the kids with the $1200 guns that are
actually good. OR the other end, the spoiled brats with spyders on full
auto.

I am pretty much in the same position, and
> I chose to start my kids with something a little more "reasonable".
> As anybody in the newsgroup can tell you, paintball is probably 90%
> the player, and 10% the marker!

I'd say that all depends on the level of play. A $1200 marker vs a bunch of
rec ballers with spyders...well, doesnt require much skill, but level the
playing field and give everyone $1200 markers...and well... then more skill
is required to acchieve the same victory.

I and my sons have eliminated quite a
> few of the "elite" players and their expensive markers!

And im sure you've gotten shot by them too. your point?

> Make sure they follow all the safety rules, and I'm sure they will
> have a great time with whichever marker you go with!

sound advice

> SC

29 Oct 2003 18:51:08
The Gunslinger
Re: Marker for 11 year old

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:15:43 -0800, "Jose"
<none@noneofthismatters.com > wrote:

>What is your problem GS? He specifically said "spoiled brats". I
>completely agree that spoiled brats with expensive gear are a pain in the
>butt.

What about the spoiled brats without your percieved view of expensive
gear?

>They are rude and arrogant simply because their parents spent a
>truckload of money on equipment.

No...they are rude and arrogant because of how they were raised, NOT
because a truckload of money was spent on their equipment. Since we
have now figured out it isn't the fact that they have expensive gear
making them rude and arrogant and more a direct effect of their
upbringing.....does it matter what they are shooting? To say it does
matter really implies a level of jelousy.

>If a child is decent and respectful it
>doesn't matter if their gear is cheap or expensive,

Thank you, we agree here. Though since you see this side. I fail to
see how you don't see the other side. If the child is rude and
arrogant it doesn't matter if their gear is cheap or expensive either.

>but giving a spoiled
>child license to act like a little jerk is something I am completely
>against.

So now we are saying that giving an arrogant and rude kid an expensive
marker is a license to act like a little jerk? Please, that license
was given to the kid years before a paintball marker was put in his
hands.

> That attitude of "it happens, deal with it" is the whole problem.
>You don't care so you let it happen. Some of us do care and encourage
>others not to let it happen.
>
>Jose

So let me ask you....when you walk into a department store and see a
kid screaming and crying because their parents said no to him...only
to see them give in to quiet the screaming little brat. You walk up to
them and belittle them on a horrible job of parenting? Nope..I bet you
don't, you deal with it.

To think equipment matters in this type of situation is pure lunacy.
They are still going to be spolied little brats even if their shooting
Spyders. They will complain about reffing when it goes against them.
They will not listen to anyone but themselves....they will cause just
as much havoc as if they had an Angel in their hands.

29 Oct 2003 12:25:58
Jose
Re: Marker for 11 year old

> >What is your problem GS? He specifically said "spoiled brats". I
> >completely agree that spoiled brats with expensive gear are a pain in the
> >butt.
>
> What about the spoiled brats without your percieved view of expensive
> gear?

Just as bad.

> >They are rude and arrogant simply because their parents spent a
> >truckload of money on equipment.
>
> No...they are rude and arrogant because of how they were raised, NOT
> because a truckload of money was spent on their equipment. Since we
> have now figured out it isn't the fact that they have expensive gear
> making them rude and arrogant and more a direct effect of their
> upbringing.....does it matter what they are shooting? To say it does
> matter really implies a level of jelousy.

I don't feel the spoiled child deserves to have things they don't appreciate
and getting them the high end gear perpetuates the problem. That is a
simple statement that you are free to agree or disagree with.

> >If a child is decent and respectful it
> >doesn't matter if their gear is cheap or expensive,
>
> Thank you, we agree here. Though since you see this side. I fail to
> see how you don't see the other side. If the child is rude and
> arrogant it doesn't matter if their gear is cheap or expensive either.

If a child's behavior is bad, it shouldn't be rewarded by giving them what
they want. Do you disagree with that opinion? If you don't then you are
arguing just to argue here.

> >but giving a spoiled
> >child license to act like a little jerk is something I am completely
> >against.
>
> So now we are saying that giving an arrogant and rude kid an expensive
> marker is a license to act like a little jerk? Please, that license
> was given to the kid years before a paintball marker was put in his
> hands.

The expensive gear is an extension of the problem. They are jerks because
they still get everything they want even when they are rude and
disrespectful. Do you disagree? If not, then I opine that not getting the
spoiled kid the expensive gear gives them less to be arrogant or rude about.

> > That attitude of "it happens, deal with it" is the whole problem.
> >You don't care so you let it happen. Some of us do care and encourage
> >others not to let it happen.
> >
> >Jose
>
> So let me ask you....when you walk into a department store and see a
> kid screaming and crying because their parents said no to him...only
> to see them give in to quiet the screaming little brat. You walk up to
> them and belittle them on a horrible job of parenting? Nope..I bet you
> don't, you deal with it.

When their kids are yelling right next to me or their behavior is harassing
me in some way I most certainly have. I won't tell you how to raise your
kids, but I will most certainly tell you when your poor parenting has now
made that child's behavior my problem. In addition, I have conversations
with other parents and express the same opinions. I care about that issue
and let others know about it when appropriate. If you are willing to just
tolerate it that is fine, but don't insinuate that I have to "just deal with
it" if I don't want to.

> To think equipment matters in this type of situation is pure lunacy.
> They are still going to be spolied little brats even if their shooting
> Spyders. They will complain about reffing when it goes against them.
> They will not listen to anyone but themselves....they will cause just
> as much havoc as if they had an Angel in their hands.

The statement was essentially "spoiled brats with expensive gear sucks". Do
you disagree with that opinion? I am not saying that in this case the child
is a spoiled brat, but one way kids get spoiled is to buy them everything
they want. These parents want to know what we consider a decent starter kit
that isn't "overboard" which on a certain level expresses those concerns to
me. It really sounds like you just here to argue semantics and not to help
these folks make a good decision. Be constructive and relevant to the
question and not just contrary. That is much more helpful.

Jose

29 Oct 2003 16:45:49
Jeff Goslin
Re: Marker for 11 year old

Wow... the indignation of it all, eh Mikey? ;)

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

> ok....Bob... i dont know who you are or anything, but where do you get off
> calling me mikey?
>

> "Bob" <bwing@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> wrote in
message
> > > the Mokal is a cheap import from china or japan or whathaveyou.
> >

> > Where do you think practically every item in paintball is made there
> mikey?
> > >

> > > "LCT Paintball" <nospampleasemnotlyon@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> It
> > Mokal

> > There
> marker
> > > and
> > when
> > mid-bore
> > and
> money
> > on
> > > your
> > wait
> If
> > > your
> > tank
> > > he
> > very
> > use
> > > (since
> > Crossfire
> ceramic.
> when
> > play
> > > learn
> high
> > > end.

> > > still
> really
> > heavy
PMI's
> > and
> > been
> The
> > > ones
Spyder
> > > Xtra
> > > reviews
> that
> > > have
> > the
> something
Money
> > > isn't
> input

29 Oct 2003 18:00:22
Michael Hughes
Re: Marker for 11 year old

see, you i can take it from, you've earned the right to call me mikey....but
this bob guy....he can eat my chode.

"Jeff Goslin" <autockr@comcast.net > wrote in message
> Wow... the indignation of it all, eh Mikey? ;)
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> It's not a god complex when you're always right
>

> "Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> wrote in message
> > ok....Bob... i dont know who you are or anything, but where do you get
off
> > calling me mikey?
> >

> > "Bob" <bwing@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> wrote in
> message
> > >

> > > Where do you think practically every item in paintball is made there
> > mikey?

> pick.
> > It
> > > Mokal

> > > There
> > marker
> thing
> > > when
> > > mid-bore
> cleaning
> > > and
> > money
> > > on
> get
> having
> > > wait
> > If
HPA
> > > tank
> > > very
> for
> > > use
> > > Crossfire
> > ceramic.
> > when
> > > play
> really
> > high

> and
> > really
> > > heavy
> PMI's
> > > and
> the
> > > been
> > The
> Spyder
> > that
> is
> > > the
> > something
> Money
> > input

29 Oct 2003 17:52:11
Space Cadet
Re: Marker for 11 year old

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:25:58 -0800, "Jose"
<none@noneofthismatters.com > wrote:

>> >What is your problem GS? He specifically said "spoiled brats". I
>> >completely agree that spoiled brats with expensive gear are a pain in the
>> >butt.
>>
><A bit of friendly snippage to keep this thread manageable>
>
>> To think equipment matters in this type of situation is pure lunacy.
>> They are still going to be spolied little brats even if their shooting
>> Spyders. They will complain about reffing when it goes against them.
>> They will not listen to anyone but themselves....they will cause just
>> as much havoc as if they had an Angel in their hands.
>>

>The statement was essentially "spoiled brats with expensive gear sucks". Do
>you disagree with that opinion? I am not saying that in this case the child
>is a spoiled brat, but one way kids get spoiled is to buy them everything
>they want. These parents want to know what we consider a decent starter kit
>that isn't "overboard" which on a certain level expresses those concerns to
>me. It really sounds like you just here to argue semantics and not to help
>these folks make a good decision. Be constructive and relevant to the
>question and not just contrary. That is much more helpful.
>
>Jose

Jose, thank's for coverin' my back on this one...I was away...then
pesky work stuff came up..was going to respond earlier..but now...no
need too!! After all you have said and explained all I can say
is......

YEAH....WHAT HE SAID!!!...so there!
:-)

SC

29 Oct 2003 08:03:31
Daniel Martin
Re: Marker for 11 year old

Xactly, one has to bust'em and get em busted before you earn the right to
call you Mikey, Mikey,
Hey, you gonna get a paper route and earn some cash to play skyball?

Dan

> see, you i can take it from, you've earned the right to call me
mikey....but
> this bob guy....he can eat my chode.
>

> "Jeff Goslin" <autockr@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Wow... the indignation of it all, eh Mikey? ;)
> >
> > --
> > Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> > It's not a god complex when you're always right
> >

> > "Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> wrote in
message
> > > ok....Bob... i dont know who you are or anything, but where do you get
> off
> > > calling me mikey?
> > >

> > > "Bob" <bwing@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message

> > message

> > > mikey?

> > pick.
> > > It

> like.
> > > marker
> > thing
> > cleaning
> > > money
> > get
> > having
> so
> get.
> > > If
> HPA
> are
> > for
> recommandation
> > > ceramic.
> competitive
> > > when
> > really
> > > high

> > and
> > > really
> > PMI's
> > the
> have
Christmas.
> > > The
> > Spyder
> the
> > > that
> > is
> > > something
> > Money
Any
> > > input

29 Oct 2003 21:41:27
Michael Hughes
Re: Marker for 11 year old

heh, we've been considering going...but i dont think that'll work out until
next year.

"Daniel Martin" <dwmartin@idirect.com > wrote in message
> Xactly, one has to bust'em and get em busted before you earn the right to
> call you Mikey, Mikey,
> Hey, you gonna get a paper route and earn some cash to play skyball?
>

> Dan
>

> "Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> wrote in message
> > see, you i can take it from, you've earned the right to call me
> mikey....but
> > this bob guy....he can eat my chode.
> >

> > "Jeff Goslin" <autockr@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > Wow... the indignation of it all, eh Mikey? ;)
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> > > It's not a god complex when you're always right
> > >

> > > "Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> wrote in
> message
> > off

> > > message

> > > pick.
> of

> > like.
> his
> > > thing
> decent
> > > cleaning
> lot
> > > get
> > > having
> paint,
> > so
> > get.
> > HPA
Crossfire
> > are
> perfect
> > > for
> > recommandation
> > competitive
> wants
> > > really
> something

> months
> > > and
> are
> really
> > > PMI's
> of
> > > the
> > have
> Christmas.
> > > Spyder
All
> > the
> there
> about
> > > is
> > > Money
> Any

29 Oct 2003 19:29:03
jose
Re: Marker for 11 year old

Solid recommendations Mikey. I would recommend the Mag for a newb, but that
would be outside of what they indicated they were interested in. Plus it
would HAVE to use HPA. I think an Impy would be a handful for a newb too,
since they require some tuning and the fsdo is prime to get a beginner
screwed by a shop recommending "upgrades" to fix that. As for the cocker,
well.... maybe if their son can leave it alone when it works and take it to
the shop when it doesn't.
--

> [...]
> > trying
> > > to get us going sooner but we decided to wait until Christmas. The
ones
> > > that we've been leaning towards are the Piranha Pro and the Spyder
Xtra
> as
> > > well as the Mokal Focus that our friend tells us about. All the
reviews
> > > have helped tremendously but thought that any of you out there that
have
> > > used these can give us some insight. What we're worried about is the
> > field
> > > cleaning and ease of taking apart. We don't want to have something
> really
> > > cheep that he'll break or grow out of by next year either. Money
isn't
> > > really an issue but we don't want to go overboard either. Any input

31 Oct 2003 05:38:32
Rick Scott
Re: Marker for 11 year old

(Michael Hughes <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com > uttered:)
> the Mokal is a cheap import from china or japan or whathaveyou.

(www.mokal.com:)
# We design and manufacture all of our products at our 20,000 square
# foot facility in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.

That being said, if I were in the OP's position and were going to
buy a stacked-tube blowback, I'd still go with the Spyder or Piranha
as suggested. More common - > easier to get parts, repairs, and
upgrades.

Rick
--
key CF8F8A75 / print C5C1 F87D 5056 D2C0 D5CE D58F 970F 04D1 CF8F 8A75
If Microsoft made your letter box, all some one would have to do is

31 Oct 2003 05:30:55
Jeff Goslin
Re: Marker for 11 year old

BAH! China, Japan, Canada, what's the difference! ;)
You coming in here with all them pesky "facts" n such... ;)

--

"Rick Scott" <rick@shadowspar.dyndns.org > wrote in message
> (Michael Hughes <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> uttered:)
> > the Mokal is a cheap import from china or japan or whathaveyou.
>
> (www.mokal.com:)
> # We design and manufacture all of our products at our 20,000 square
> # foot facility in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
>
> That being said, if I were in the OP's position and were going to
> buy a stacked-tube blowback, I'd still go with the Spyder or Piranha
> as suggested. More common -> easier to get parts, repairs, and
> upgrades.
>

> Rick
> --
> key CF8F8A75 / print C5C1 F87D 5056 D2C0 D5CE D58F 970F 04D1 CF8F 8A75
> If Microsoft made your letter box, all some one would have to do is
> write "Burn the house down" on a piece of paper and post it through
> the door, and your house would go up in flames. :David Ruck

31 Oct 2003 06:59:34
Michael Hughes
Re: Marker for 11 year old

hey, those canadians....a little shifty....seem all docile, but when you
least expect it they'll come out and conquer the world eh?

> BAH! China, Japan, Canada, what's the difference! ;)
> You coming in here with all them pesky "facts" n such... ;)
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> It's not a god complex when you're always right
>

> "Rick Scott" <rick@shadowspar.dyndns.org> wrote in message
> > (Michael Hughes <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> uttered:)
> > > the Mokal is a cheap import from china or japan or whathaveyou.
> >
> > (www.mokal.com:)
> > # We design and manufacture all of our products at our 20,000 square
> > # foot facility in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
> >
> > That being said, if I were in the OP's position and were going to
> > buy a stacked-tube blowback, I'd still go with the Spyder or Piranha
> > as suggested. More common -> easier to get parts, repairs, and
> > upgrades.
> >

> > Rick
> > --
> > key CF8F8A75 / print C5C1 F87D 5056 D2C0 D5CE D58F 970F 04D1 CF8F 8A75
> > If Microsoft made your letter box, all some one would have to do is
> > write "Burn the house down" on a piece of paper and post it through
> > the door, and your house would go up in flames. :David Ruck

31 Oct 2003 07:03:16
Jeff Goslin
Re: Marker for 11 year old

With beer, and hockey, and flappy heads and Bryan Adams and fart jokes...

--

> hey, those canadians....a little shifty....seem all docile, but when you
> least expect it they'll come out and conquer the world eh?
>

> "Jeff Goslin" <autockr@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > BAH! China, Japan, Canada, what's the difference! ;)
> > You coming in here with all them pesky "facts" n such... ;)
> >
> > --
> > Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> > It's not a god complex when you're always right
> >

> > "Rick Scott" <rick@shadowspar.dyndns.org> wrote in message
> > > (Michael Hughes <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> uttered:)
> > >
> > > (www.mokal.com:)
> > > # We design and manufacture all of our products at our 20,000 square
> > > # foot facility in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
> > >
> > > That being said, if I were in the OP's position and were going to
> > > buy a stacked-tube blowback, I'd still go with the Spyder or Piranha
> > > as suggested. More common -> easier to get parts, repairs, and
> > > upgrades.
> > >

> > > Rick
> > > --
> > > key CF8F8A75 / print C5C1 F87D 5056 D2C0 D5CE D58F 970F 04D1 CF8F
8A75
> > > If Microsoft made your letter box, all some one would have to do is
> > > write "Burn the house down" on a piece of paper and post it through
> > > the door, and your house would go up in flames. :David
Ruck

31 Oct 2003 16:06:39
Michael Hughes
Re: Marker for 11 year old

dont forget Celine Dion

> With beer, and hockey, and flappy heads and Bryan Adams and fart jokes...
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> It's not a god complex when you're always right
>

> "Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> wrote in message
> > hey, those canadians....a little shifty....seem all docile, but when you
> > least expect it they'll come out and conquer the world eh?
> >

> > "Jeff Goslin" <autockr@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > BAH! China, Japan, Canada, what's the difference! ;)
> > > You coming in here with all them pesky "facts" n such... ;)
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> > > It's not a god complex when you're always right
> > >

> > > "Rick Scott" <rick@shadowspar.dyndns.org> wrote in message

> 8A75
> Ruck

31 Oct 2003 04:20:25
Daniel Martin
Re: Marker for 11 year old

So I was havin a cold one after the game, we won 2-3 y'know, when all of a
sudden pock mark boy let's one rip and clears the dressin'room, I didn't
even get a chance to grab my cooper alls before it hit me....

"Jeff Goslin" <autockr@comcast.net > wrote in message
> With beer, and hockey, and flappy heads and Bryan Adams and fart jokes...
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> It's not a god complex when you're always right
>

> "Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> wrote in message
> > hey, those canadians....a little shifty....seem all docile, but when you
> > least expect it they'll come out and conquer the world eh?
> >

> > "Jeff Goslin" <autockr@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > BAH! China, Japan, Canada, what's the difference! ;)
> > > You coming in here with all them pesky "facts" n such... ;)
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> > > It's not a god complex when you're always right
> > >

> > > "Rick Scott" <rick@shadowspar.dyndns.org> wrote in message

> 8A75
> Ruck

21 Nov 2003 02:06:04
WAR
Re: Marker for 11 year old

Try Armotech PLUTO, it's reliable, not expensive.
www.armotechdepot.com
they are some in stock.

"jose" <asdfasdf@asdfasdf.com > bl news:vpuoj39qrrmi8c@corp.supernews.com
g...