19 Feb 2006 21:04:42
Compressed Air Tank

I'm looking to buy a Pure Energy 72 ci/ 3000 psi tank and I've gotten a
little confused reading everyone elses topics. So I was wondering (may
be a stupid question) would a 175 psi diesel air compressor push out
enough to fill one on these? Thank you for your time.

20 Feb 2006 06:33:23
John J.
Re: Compressed Air Tank

No, not even close. You need a compressor that can can put out at least
3,000 P.S.I.

Just like SCUBA tanks.

<diggerpants@gmail.com > wrote in message
> I'm looking to buy a Pure Energy 72 ci/ 3000 psi tank and I've gotten a
> little confused reading everyone elses topics. So I was wondering (may
> be a stupid question) would a 175 psi diesel air compressor push out
> enough to fill one on these? Thank you for your time.

20 Feb 2006 07:30:22
Rick Scott
Re: Compressed Air Tank

(diggerpants@gmail.com uttered:)
> I'm looking to buy a Pure Energy 72 ci/ 3000 psi tank and I've
> gotten a little confused reading everyone elses topics. So I was
> wondering (may be a stupid question) would a 175 psi diesel air
> compressor push out enough to fill one on these?

Nope. 175 psi is less than the 3000 psi capability you need to get
a full fill on that tank. The type of equipment you need to fill it
is commonly found at scuba shops (as well as paintball stores, of
course.) That kind of pressure can be quite dangerous if handled by
someone who doesn't know what they're doing, so be sure to get some
education from someone in the know -- don't just run off and start
trying to bolt something together, 'cuz that's a good way to kill
yourself.

> Thank you for your time.

No problem.

Rick
--
key CF8F8A75 / print C5C1 F87D 5056 D2C0 D5CE D58F 970F 04D1 CF8F 8A75
It says something about our tremendous investment in patriarchy that